It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens will never invade us...heres why!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Holocaust.
Atomic weapons.
Terrorism.
Necrophilia.
Religion.

All reasons why aliens don't come down and just say hi, let alone mess with us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Who knows but I believe in Aliens and an Alien invasion is highly a possibility.

Look at it this way;

Why is the US Goverment spending trillions of dollars in Military research? Who know's what kind of technology they are keeping from us and there MUST be a reason why they are doing it, knowing that money could be spend on something more worthwhile.

Sure the people may think they want the power to be above all other Countries but is that really the truth? There must be a secret agenda to all these Top Secret technology they are working on. Call me skeptic, but I'm keeping an open mind here.

I hate the United States Goverment no doubt. But they can easily make a better image for themselves but they choose not to and spend trillions of dollars on Technology Advancments while it could easily be distrubited through the medical, homeless, hunger, and so on and forth.

How much of those trillions in 'shhh we cant tell anybody what its spent on' money is disappearing into swiss bank accounts.

I'm afraid rather a lot of it. Look at the waste, corruption and cost overruns in public programs. Look at the F-35. Then you take the same contractors and give them a free hand and a blank cheque. Good lord.

I think people would be rather disappointed at how little there is in the 'super secret space gizmos' cupboard after all this time and national treasure.

Perhaps that is the real secret :-)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
1) It's hilarious that people would think we'd have more than an ant's chance against any kind of alien attacks. All they have to do is drop 1000 hydrogen bombs, or one 1000 times the Tsar, fly a light's second away, and we'd be done. Of course, this is assuming that their technology is even this "crude." They could probably just use some kind of laser and wipe out the entire planet in a single blast.

2) They want to colonize our planets. It's not possible for them to reach this type of technology, before getting their population problem under control. Also, people tend have less kids as they are more enlightened or their living conditions improve, therefore, we can pretty much assume that they don't have an overpopulation problem.

3) They want our resources. The reason we want resources is because we want to survive, but we wouldn't need to survive if we weren't born. In other words, no need for resources, if the population is under control, so this is pretty much the same as point 2.

4) They are evil. If they are evil, then they wouldn't reach this level of technology. Also, humans are inherently good(at least we're evolving towards that). We act evil only because we want to survive. Don't make the actions of a few into a generalization.

At this point, I am far far more worried that we ARE like the ants, in the sense that there's no way for them to communicate with us, rather than them destroying us, because if they wanted to, there's no way for us to do anything anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
yeah here's how I put the same ideas originally here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is not and never will be an alien attack. There are only a few reasons to Attack anyone and an intelligent enough species to travel interstellar space has none of them.

1.Resources- They would never come here for our natural resources as there is not a single element that does not exist in abundance throughout the universe so why come here and have to fight for anything?

2.to populate- this would only happen in a friendly manner to share our planet and get to know us which is unlikely since we are so damn primitive. They would not bother to take the planet from us. If they have the tech to travel here they have the tech to Geo-engineer an unpopulated planet to suit their needs and it would be easier than fighting us.

3.Slavery- Why bother? If you can travel interstellar space surely you have the ability to build robots to do the work. We almost have the robots doing all of ours and we can't travel interstellar space.

4.food- Any higher intelligence has been shown to have a great reduction in aggression. In order for the brain to grow larger and accommodate the intelligence centers the aggressive centers reduce. Any highly evolved species likely has ways to supply their energy needs aside from the meat of a primitive intelligent species. Much like we do not eat Porpoises.

5. all out destruction- Once again the reduction in aggression would be a factor here. Also you must consider that the only reason to want to wipe us out is our destructive ways but as we have the potential to further evolve and turn from those ways destroying us because you are against our destructiveness is counter intuitive.

So there, Logic tells us that any highly evolved intelligent species will be peaceful and have no need of anything we could offer. If alien beings were ever to find us worth their time and come visit again (assuming they likely did in the past and found us far too primitive then) it would no doubt be to further advance our species and help us gain the tech to reach into space ourselves. Though while we still have such destructive tendencies I doubt they will do that unless they have a way to cleanse us of those tendencies first. Perhaps, if we are lucky, a Higher race will come here and hasten our evolution somehow before we destroy ourselves and this planet we call home. Until then, they surely are smart enough to leave us grounded and wondering if they are out there at all or if we are all alone!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here's the way I look at it...

Humanity sits at the bottom of a gravity well. Now how hard would it be for aliens to nudge an asteroid here and there, wait patiently about a month or so, then sit back in their lounge chair on the observation deck, eating popcorn and enjoying the show as mankind gets wiped out?

Likewise, this gravity well is why we're not a threat to them at all. It's much like this situation: Who cares if the monkeys scream in rage flinging poo everywhere and at each other if none can get out of their cage? Not many. Most we do when watching the monkeys in the cage is make faces on the other side of the plexiglass and point at them and laugh.

It's likely we're more useful or entertaining to aliens by just being left alone. Also there's no real need to take the effort to go and kill something that can't bother you in the first place.
I don't think humans (or life on Earth in general) has any reason to worry about aliens until we ourselves are able to go out and about to other star systems. Then, and only then, would they have good reason to take notice. (Things like radio, nuclear bombs, and the occasional space probe might warrant aliens taking a look. They show we have potential and may be worthy of future observation, but we're still way too far behind and planet-bound to be much of an actual problem.)

Anyhow, for aliens coming to earth and directly attacking humans would be much like one of us buying an airline ticket halfway across the world, booking lodging and travel guides, and hiking 30 miles through tropical swamps and jungles, all so you can personally empty a can of raid on a mound of fire ants. Because who knows, they might someday threaten your house over in Ontario Canada. (Because everyone knows tropical fire ants just love the winter cold and would go out of their way to get up there, right?) Now compare that to staying home or going somewhere fun and not messing with any fire ants. Which is more likely to risk yourself actually getting stung? Also, which plan actually has a high chance of inadvertanly bringing some fire ants back into your home?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

They don't NEED to invade us.. all they need to do is sit back and watch us destroy ourselves, and then just take the planet (if that's what they're after)

And btw.. if you are employed, you are a human RESOURCE aswell, not a human being. But if that was what they would be after, we would be invaded a long time ago already imo.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

they want our souls...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
cdn.memegenerator.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Personally, I believe that if humans went to another planet and found primitive but intelligent life there, the humans would first establish a colony, then the humans would enslave the primitives and use them for labor to mine resources, farm crops, and do construction work because they're too lazy to do it themselves. Taking along the equipment necessary to build robots on site or taking a large number of robots for the labor force would take up valuable cargo space and add more to the cost of the trip, so the number of robots in the labor force would be limited. Human history is full of forcing one's way of life and beliefs onto cultures that are less advanced (by the invader's own standards), and I don't see that nasty behavior changing anytime in the near future. That's just the way I see it, but I can only hope I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I like this thread OP. I also agree with almost every part except the last part. Aliens that could travel here would almost definitely be violent. The whole universe is violent. Everything is one violent reaction after another. Just my 2 cents though.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Oh I know! What if what if.... They're letting us breed and multiply so when time comes they can harvest our hearts and brains and other vital organs to insert into the more reliable robots they've engineered to act as slaves....

Too many what ifs in this discussion. We can't even fathom the intentions of an alien race. Any entity that is intelligent to do interstellar travel we can't compare our reasoning to theirs it would be kinda like a primate trying to take a guess on why humans are mowing down the rainforest even though primates are 99% similar in DNA.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have had this very conversation with Friends, Family, and my next door neighbor's. I always have the same answer every time. If by any remote chance that Extraterrestrials wanted to take over the planet, they would have had a much easier time of it over the many Thousands of Years that they have been visiting us here on this God Forsaken little Hole in the wall we call: Earth! And further more They are so Technically Advanced that if they had the slightest Malevolence against US they wouldn't even or have to lift a single hand to do so. I'll tell you what they would do if they wanted us to disappear... They could deploy some Tissue destructive Virus or Nano Bots completely invisible to the human eye that would utterly destroy the Human Body from the Inside/Out... It would be something that even the CDC, or the Medical Scientific Community could Not stop or have enough time before it took them out has-well... Think about it. They wouldn't 1st and foremost want to destroy the Biosphere here on Earth, and we probably wouldn't even see a single Alien step foot on the surface of this planet until every single Human Being was Dead, and Devoured By either some Infectious Virus or Man Eating, Nano Bots have finished us off. They wouldn't need or want a war that would put Machines against Machines or Hand to Hand combat, This would NOT be the Regular Conventional War that we Stupid Idiotic, Self Righteous, Egotistical Peon's that we Are would think a War with Aliens would be like... The Aliens, and I can Guarantee This! Wouldn't waste their Time, Man Power, or Sophisticated Millions or Billions of Years ahead of us Technically Superior Ray Guns to Vaporize US, Scenario's... The Extraterrestrials Are Here, and Have been Here for I dare say Thousands if not Millions of Years, and May have had their hand in creating us, and manipulating our DNA so that at One point in our pathetic lives we could communicate with them, and They could be our Cosmic teachers in the journey of Life...

edit on 25-4-2012 by kroy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This would be the reason that they WOULD come and annihilate us. They are afraid of what we will do once we have the technological means to come to them.

It is not unlikely that a warring race would gain technological superiority at all. They question would be what their focus would be on.

If Hitler had won WWII and managed to eradicate all but the whites on the earth, if he had set up a world government and then used the scientific prowess to start traveling through space, what would have been their goal? To find other planets and eradicate any threats to the master species perhaps???

Jaden

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Everything is based on our limited reality of what they do or dont want or need. And we are probably SOOOO far off...we have no clue.

As I see things...we have nothing they want...otherwise they would have it already....and must be WAYYYYY ahead of things than us.

We are just ants. And ignorant ants on a ruined planet. If they wanted something, they'd have gotten it.

And they dont need slaves, or elements, or minerals...OR ...to EAT us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
hey, what about if we were put here(humanity) to multiply until there is enough of us to harvest. maybe to some we taste good

Most likely the case. Certainly would be kind of ironic don't you think? I mean, Considering how we have treated all life on this planet ourselves. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

there is ONE logical reason to believe that aliens will never invade earth, and that is... they haven't done it yet when they've had thousands of years of better opportunities to do so... if they're there, they've always been there. So either they are not able to, they don't want to or they are forbidden to, by other forces greater and more advanced than they are
edit on 25-4-2012 by EddieCusak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

The universe is hardly violent. There is an orderness to it that even Einstein can't explain. If the universe is full of violence and chaos, then how can life(here or anywhere else) emerge? Why was it at low entropy(or high order, the analogy for this would be to walk into a room full of hot molecules on one side, and the cold ones on the other) at the beginning?

Yes, we have been a violent species in the past, but that's still only a small segment of the population. We can and are evolving towards good. That's why we have outlawed murder, among other crimes, and are being more tolerant of each other.

Most of us are good, some are evil. One can only imagine that the universal civilizations are the same way.
edit on 25-4-2012 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If they are ever going to visit earth, chances are that they have been here and back whenever they need to, and we will never know. An invasion seems very unlikely. Look to the laws of nature and evolution for the answers to these questions. If they are after one resource that exists on this planet it is the human brain.

Technology has a way of dumbing down, in short order, those who partake in it's advantages. Think of us and where we will probably be in 1,000 years. We will be sick and weak due to all the antibiotics, disinfectants and lack of natural immune builders. Most of the natural worlds' species of plants and animals will have gone to the wayside. We will exist in a sterile state in which we have created to overcome all of the monstrous diseases that nature threw at us on her way out. We will be well on our way to becoming "greys" ourselves.

Who's to say that any alien species that is bopping around our galaxy hasn't faced the same realities. Looking in at us they may see their distant ancestors' strengths and abilities.

Think about how a flock of a thousand birds changes direction all in the same instant, or how female bats can pass down maps of the cave and local environment to her offspring through memory. All of these abilities and others exist as potentials buried somewhere in our DNA. Think about how our brains could be exploited to be the autopilot behind a starship, or the nervous system in some giant computer, we could even be used as batteries. All of these abilities could have been left behind over time in a species that has the technology to traverse the galaxy.

If they are out there and need something from our planet, it would probably be us, and they would only need to stop by a handful of times to get what they need without our even knowing.

Sometimes I imagine and wonder if our galaxy is not already overpopulated with humans in so many different places and scenarios. They may have even evolved into much higher beings than we fancy ourselves to be today. Some may be warriors, slaves, batteries, brains, kings, starship pilots and possibly... even aliens.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What about invading just for the sake of invading?

I see a lot of assuming on this thread.
and no, I don't even think there's aliens about to invade.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EddieCusak

All aliens believe in a higher power. So yes, it's possible that they act out of fear of the Grand Creator.
Even if they don't, it's just not an inherent nature for people to be evil, much like how our society has evolved. I mean, if you see a robber in your neighborhood, and you have a gun yourself, then wouldn't you want to shoot him?

In addition, evil cannot exist for long. They will either destroy each other, or if one side is fortunate enough to escape, other civilizations will destroy them, UNLESS this evil entity is more powerful than everyone(in which case, yes, it's possible for a 6th or 7th dimensional god to destroy civilizations, since there's no one to curb him/her, except for the Grand Creator himself, and the penalty for this is probably for him to reincarnate as despicable lifeforms in the lower dimensions for quite a while(and by that I mean, billion years, though NOT forever, I don't believe the Grand Creator makes anything permanent, since that's too harsh, and he allows everyone to learn and turn back from their mistakes, especially if the souls whose lives were destroyed by him know that they don't really die).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join