It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can any religion based on Jesus work?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SuckerMe

www.earlychristianwritings.com...

Text
The Report of Pilate to the Emperor Claudius

The Report of Pilate to the Emperor Claudius
This is found in the Greek Acts of Peter and Paul and as an appendix to the Gospel of Nicodemus in Latin. The translation is from M. R. James as given in Quasten's Patrology, vol. 1, p. 117.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pontius Pilate unto Claudius, greeting.

There befell of late a matter which I myself brought to light (or, made trial of): for the Jews through envy have punished themselves and their posterity with fearful judgements of their own fault; for whereas their fathers had promises (al. had announced unto them) that their God would send them out of heaven his holy one who should of right be called their king, and did promise that he would send him upon earth by a virgin; he then (or this God of the Hebrews, then) came when I was governor of Judea, and they beheld him enlightening the blind, cleansing lepers, healing the palsied, driving devils out of men, raising the dead, rebuking the winds, walking upon the waves of the sea dry-shod, and doing many other wonders, and all the people of the Jews calling him the Son of God: the chief priests therefore, moved with envy against him, took him and delivered him unto me and brought against him one false accusation after another, saying that he was a sorcerer and did things contrary to law.

But I, believing that these things were so, having scourged him, delivered him unto their will: and they crucified him, and when he was buried they set guards upon him. But while my soldiers watched him he rose again on the third day: yet so much was the malice of the Jews kindled that they gave money to the soldiers, saying: Say ye that his disciples stole away his body. But they, though they took the money, were not able to keep silence concerning that which had come to pass, for they also have testified that they saw him arisen and that they received money from the Jews. And these things have I reported (unto thy mightiness) for this cause, lest some other should lie unto thee (Lat. lest any lie otherwise) and though shouldest deem right to believe the false tales of the Jews.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i just quoted scripture,thats all. i'm not christian,jewish,muslim,hindu, or any other mainstrem faith.
my beliefs are not in question.
i enjoy the works of the christ,to remind me how a loving human should act.he is not my god though!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Hi Reficul

You wrote--

"I'm not Christian,Jewish, Muslim,Hindu, or any other mainstrem Faith. My beliefs are not in question.
I enjoy the works of the Christ - to remind me how a loving human should act. He is not my god, though..."

UNQUOTE

What 'works of the Christ' (miqsat ma'aseh haMesshia'q) are you referring to, exactly?

Maybe, you were thinking of his charming zionist-racist 'works' such as Telling SyroPhoenecian gentiles off to their faces (read the 1st canonical Greek gospel fragments --according to Matthew, whoever he was - chapter 15: 12-30) by calling them 'dogs unworthy to lick up crumbs under the tables of the chosen ones'

Or perhaps you were thinking of some of his OTHER endearing activities - such as arming his disciples with REAL swords on the eve of major Insurrectionist Anniversaries - see the 3rd canonical Greek gospel - according to Luke, whoever he was - chapter 22:30-38 (cf: Passover, 36 CE - where the Daviddic Pretender was executed by crucifixion (a punishment ONLY reserved for armed insurrectionists, think of the Spartacus lef slave revolt) as an 'armed Daviddic seditionist' by Roman Authority when other zionist anti Gentile Insurrectionists were celebrating the 200th anniversary of the Macabbean Revolt and the 100th anniversary of the Invasion of the Roman gentiles under General Pompey in Palestine in 63 BCE)?

Here's a pip : 'Do you think for a moment the Bar Enasha ('son of man' see Aram. Daniel 7:13-28) was sent to the land of Yisro'el to bring peace? By no means - ! The Bar Enasha ('son of man') was sent NOT to bring Peace upon the land (of Yisro'el) but to bring a SWORD; he was sent NOT to bring Harmony, but Division - and to set mother against daughter and father against son, and mother in law against daughter in law, etc,. so that a man's enemies be they of his own household !

(=Midrash on the Aramaic Targum of Micah 7:6 )

see 'Matthew' 10:35 and the parallel Greek versions of the same saying ('logion') in the other 'council approved' gospels)

Or what exact 'works' (ma-aseh) of 'the Christ' were you thinking about that you admired so much, pray tell ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Did you actually attempt to read the passages you're quoting?

Or do you always copy and paste from Anti christian websites to make it look like you know what you're talking about?

(chapter 15: 12-30) by calling them 'dogs unworthy to lick up crumbs under the tables of the chosen ones'

What is wrong with that... Don't give wisdom to those that don't deserve it... I tend to hold to that value myself...

chapter 22:30-38 (cf: Passover, 36 CE - where the Daviddic Pretender was executed by crucifixion

29And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

30That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

31And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

33And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

34And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Try reading the book as opposed to just reading anti christian garbage... Most of those websites are astonishingly inaccurate...

edit on 26-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
:bnghd:

Double...
edit on 26-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by Theangrypea

Jesus was a Jew.

In the Jewish texts, a savior was foretold. Most considered this to be a military savior. So when Jesus showed up claiming to be the fulfillment of prophecy, that was the birth of Christianity.

The two religions (and Islam) share the same beginnings.

How may I ask can you make this assertion? That Islam shares the same beginning as Judaism and Christianity. Please explain this claim.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks mama...

I must stand for what i know... or what i offer is useless...

I truely believe there was a real man behind the stories of Jesus... and he did not conform to mans laws... He stuck to his fathers laws...

Strangely enough im not even christian... yet i fight for the truth behind their saviour... You'd think they would be happy about it, but i usually only get slack from people who stick to their churches teachings...

All one has to do is read HIS words... and the truth of the matter comes out...

I'm not a Christian either.....but I love Jesus and it appears as you do as well! ♥

HIS words are easy enough to decipher if one knows how to read, you are so right.

I'm so glad you were able to stick it out and try and teach people another way to think. I've been so busy lately but tomorrow I should have some time for ATS... and time to contribute more to this thread.

There were posts on the last page I think regarding Jesus works (miracles)....

For ME I have to understand something before I can nurture it. As with faith in Jesus I had to understand before I could trust, after all we live in a world that lies. Jesus appears to me as having faith like no other. Totally out of self and understanding God and how he works, This is why I think he was not your "normal" man. He could do miracles... no doubt. He DID say we could also and made like if we had more faith, like true faith we could do works as he did. I can honestly say I want that kind of faith and I am trying to get there.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes i love him, and his words... they're like gold... Nothing in this life has taught me more about who i am, and who we are then his words... and the words of other "spiritual masters" through out the ages, but mainly him...

He was truely different...

Jesus appears to me as having faith like no other. Totally out of self and understanding God and how he works, This is why I think he was not your "normal" man. He could do miracles... no doubt.

Let me show you something neat...

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

*Standing Ovation*

If I could give you a million stars I would. You are so right and I feel the same way. When reading your words in this thread it is like looking in a mirror at me within the depth of my soul.

Yes, there are many great teachers... but none like him. There is just no comparison!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

A standing ovation for someone who didn't say a single original phrase. Everything he said has been spoken dozens of times before by millions just as blind as him.

Go ahead with that ovation...it just sounds like hollow, shallow approval in my ears.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I don't believe anyone asked for your opinion...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I asked myself, "What do I think about this?"

So technically, someone did. It's not as though you had to reply...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hi Akragon

You wrote QUOTE

" Did you actually attempt to read the passages you're quoting? Or do you always copy and paste from Anti christian websites to make it look like you know what you're talking about? ref (chapter 15: 12-30) by calling them 'dogs unworthy to lick up crumbs under the tables of the chosen ones...'

What is wrong with that? [it means] Don't give wisdom to those that don't deserve it... I tend to hold to that value myself... "

UNQUOTE

I take it you cannot read paleoHebrew, or even protoMishnaic Dead Sea Scrolls Hebrew and have no Aramaic under your belt - and even less Greek by the sound of your ignorance.

Have YOU read Matthew chapter 15 : 21-28 in the messy Greek hand copied, corrupted texts of the 1st canonical Greek Gospel ('according to Matthew' whoever he was) or its tawdry Greek parallel in the 2nd canonical council approved Greek gospel ('according to mark' whoever he was) chapter 7:25-30?

Do you have any idea what the Galilean Aramaic Underlay is for these racist-zionist verses where gentiles (you know, dirty rotten ritually 'unclean' idolatrous goyim dog-oxen non Jews) are called DOGS, in exactly the same way as the goyim are called 'dogs and other unclean animals' in the Dead Sea Scrolls which were being copied out at the time this Daviddic Pretender was said to have actually lived (and in the very same area of the world too !)?

'Lady, the Bar Enasha ('son of man' see Aramaic Daniel 7:13ff) was sent ONLY (get it ? ONLY = Gk. EUTHEOS) to the Elect of the Lost Sheep of the House of Yisro'el...and anyway, since when would it be right to take the CHILDREN'S BREAD out of their mouths and throw it away TO THE DOGS under the table?"

If you do not think this is racist-zionism (which was preserved in the Greek texts of at least 2 gospels by some fluke or other - normally these racist passages were not copied into the texts, but left out to be forgotten about by later generations !) then you need to take a basic Aramaic and Hebrew class then spend a year or two poring over the Dead Sea Scrolls as I have - to see the SAME RACIST ANTI GENTILE Language being spewed all over these texts - and echoed in passages like 'Matt' chapter 15 and the so-called Book of Revelation which is even MORE gentile hating zionist in its warped Weltanschauung.

As for anti-Christian websites, I have never really seen one or looked at one that I know of - but if you would kindly send over some LINKS I would be more than happy to check them out for accuracy.

It is YOU who have no Greek or Aramaic under your belt, not me - so it is YOU who have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.

Unless of course you can prove it to be otherwise - which your silly posts have not been able to do...at least so far....

Let's see what you have to show us !!

We're waiting !!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't give wisdom to those that don't deserve it

Who are you to judge who deserves what?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Nope i don't speak anything other then english... the issue was that your post made no sense in the context of the passage you were quoting...

I think you'll find racist this and that in any litterature if that is what you're looking for...

And it was an assumption that you got what you were saying from a website, if i was wrong i appologise...

So if you have so much to offer in this particular topic, considering you seem to be a scholar of these languages... feel free to take the floor...

I make my beliefs quite clear...

so why don't you?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Akragon

Don't give wisdom to those that don't deserve it

Who are you to judge who deserves what?

I am who i am...

And i give what i know freely... those who see fit to judge what i say as false... i have no need to have conversations with...

pretty simple eh

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SuckerMe

Read the New Testament... Jesus did this.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Because of the same discipline monks use nowadays...thing is, the discipline was very, very dangerous in the wrong hands, and very, very difficult to learn and/or master (and still is), and therefore not taught to the average person. Also, there's a large portion of Jesus' life that has not been widely told, if at all.

Perhaps he spent that portion with monks, learning the ancient ways of spirit and power? You can't prove it didn't happen...

edit on CThursdaypm535321f21America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Read Issa...

its quite possible he traveled to india... and studied with buddhists and monks...

reluctant-messenger.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join