It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of the King James Bible and the New Testament, and the Forgery, and Pagan influences in

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Prophecy in the Bible Becoming Fact and Converging at the Time of the End
The prophecy concerning Israel being scattered to the 4 corners of the world and again being brought or ran back to Israel is in the Bible . The prophecy of the next war called the Gog& Magog (in Ezekiel 38 &39) war that will destroy 2/3rds of Israel is in the bible . The prophecy of Israel pouring out a plague on those that come against it in the later days that can only be explained as the effects of an Atom Bomb is in Zachariah 14 verse 12 .
The New World Order or Global Government is in Revelations along with the Mark of the Beast . The concept of controlling world wide the authorization to buy , sell or trade as the Mark of the Beast prophesies could only be facilitated by the global Internet .Only those that have an authenticator chip or card who have made an agreement to the terms of the global banking system will be able to use the economic e-money system . Now that is control !
One will see what they are looking for . They will look for and accept the most convenient evidence .

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Prophecy in the Bible Becoming Fact and Converging at the Time of the End
The prophecy concerning Israel being scattered to the 4 corners of the world and again being brought or ran back to Israel is in the Bible . The prophecy of the next war called the Gog& Magog (in Ezekiel 38 &39) war that will destroy 2/3rds of Israel is in the bible . The prophecy of Israel pouring out a plague on those that come against it in the later days that can only be explained as the effects of an Atom Bomb is in Zachariah 14 verse 12 .
The New World Order or Global Government is in Revelations along with the Mark of the Beast . The concept of controlling world wide the authorization to buy , sell or trade as the Mark of the Beast prophesies could only be facilitated by the global Internet .Only those that have an authenticator chip or card who have made an agreement to the terms of the global banking system will be able to use the economic e-money system . Now that is control !
One will see what they are looking for . They will look for and accept the most convenient evidence .

SnF, only those who do not see the modern connections, more so in 2012, are completely blind. Zionism and the reestablishment of israel should be proof enough

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I have been pondering the 1982 NASA find of a 10th planet in our solar system that has been pro-ported to be about to complete it's 3600 year orbit of the Sun . They call it by several names but Nibiru seems to be the best known . This planet because of it's gigantic mass will cause extreme gravitational problems with earth . The information about this has been cut off . But deep under ground bunkers seem to be the thing now for some reason if you have the money . Where did all the rich people go???
Ironically the Bible does tell of a great shaking of the powers of the heavens , great earthquakes that moves mountains , the earth reeling in its orbit and the sun and moon not showing it's light at the time of the Great Tribulation.
If this were true would the government tell you ? No! people would stop functioning as a society and the worst would happen earlier . What is your take on this ?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I just believe that rome hijacked christianity, (cause they did) women were praying in private homes until rome go their claws on it and used it to their advantage

You have been fed a combination of Illuminati and Roman Catholic history meant to keep you blind to the fact that Christianity flourished for over 1000 years, unchanged by anything going on with Rome or Europe at the time and has survived until this very day. Every criticism of Rome held by protestants and the general public is shared by the actual Church, who dismissed Rome long before the protestants came along. Did you know that the Roman Catholic Church sent troops to massacre Christians and called it a Crusade (4th) 300 years before Martin Luther nailed his complaints to the door of a Roman Catholic Church.
Here's where it gets complicated, you have to understand that what we call "Rome" and the city in Italy called "Rome" are sometimes two very different things but the distinction is not often made or clarified. What I mean is that the Roman empire was a huge place generally called "Rome" and for a long time the seat of power in the empire was the city of Rome. By the time Christ came and started his Church, the empire had lost much of its power and influence in western Europe and within 300 years, the city of Rome was essentially abandoned. When the empire moved its capital to Constantinople it wasn't "Rome" as we think of it anymore it was still named "Rome" (although the people called it "Israel") and there was still only one Christianity universally so it was called "Catholic" and it was a Church, though it had no Pope or any of the things we've all been led to believe are how things had always been.
I need to make a documentary or write a book about this because it's so much deeper than what I've said, but the basic answer is the true Church still remains unchanged to this day and it is the Eastern Orthodox Church. It's only called that because the Roman Catholic Church, as so many have aptly pointed out, hijacked the name a long time ago. Luckily, as Christ promised, "The gates of hades will not prevail against MY church".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yea, you still don't get it. They issue here is whether God WANTS you to go to Hell or not.

Since all of the verses share a common theme, one which you graciously highlight, I'll focus on it. The word you continually pointed out - THROWN INTO HELL.

First off, the phrase is also commonly used as "Cast into Hell", both are translation from the original Greek word "ballo", also meaning to "let go of". You can't enter Heaven with even one Sin. No amount of grace or mercy or justice can change that rule. And what is the only way to Heaven? Believing in Christ and who he said he is - the I AM. Those who die and stand before God, and who are guilty of the unforgivable sin, are "let go of" and reside in Hell, or rather, the Abyss, for all of eternity.

Picture it this way, you trip and fall off a cliff, but a man reaches out and grabs you just in time. He tries desperately to hold onto your arm, but you reject him and struggle against him. You force him to let you go, even against his desires to save your life. Whose fault is that? The one who tried to save you, or the one who didn't want to be saved?

And don't say God could continue to hold on, even against your wishes - because guess what? You have free will.

God certainly has the power to either save your life OR destroy it. Luckily, he wants to save it. There's plenty of scriptures that show God/Jesus' mercy and UNWILLINGNESS that ANY should perish -

For example, the Adulterer. John 8:5, 7, 9-11 - In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" 11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Jesus was the only one who had the right to condemn her, yet he didn't. He's unwilling that any should perish. There are plenty of other examples, too.

Go ahead and post that scripture that talks about Homosexuals, too. I pretty much covered what Jesus would do in front of a Homosexual, in that last verse.

I hope I made my point. If I didn't, I'll still pray for you.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalBinoculars

The Christian one. Catholics believe in the same Jesus as all sects of Christians do - exception Mormons, Jehovah's witness.. those aren't Christians, they don't follow the same Christ - hell it's in the job description. Christ-ian. Follower of Christ. Historical Jesus is the same. Dogmaless, Magdalene, the Virgin, Black, and Olive, I've never heard of.

Originally posted by Screwed

Seriously, Christians get pissed at this sort of Herassy.

Uhh, yea. "Christians" are also "Humans". That's like saying "Whoa! Don't sleep with that Christian's wife! They'll totally get angry or something! Even though they're supposed to be all high and mighty and turn the other cheek."

That's basically what I'm getting from you. We're still human, and we still get angry. Some less than others. It's the same case with, oh, I dunno.. every single person on this planet.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Stay tuned, all of this will be explained in a new post on the Afterlife, the Other Side as it is called. No point arguing with you, that great big sword symbol in your avatar says it all, see the link in my sig.

Oh, I can't wait to read it. Do me a favor and U2U me when you post it.

You are either with them, or against them.

I don't take sides with other humans, I take sides with my God. I'm for him. If they are against him, then I am against them. Will they go to Hell? certainly not, if they believe in Christ and who he is. But I will not agree with their methods, and never will. I agree with God's methods. Plain and simple.

And I'm sure someone will go ahead and post some verses from Leviticus to try and trap me. I've already pointed out "What would Jesus do" in a previous post.

It may surprise you, but I have friends who are Christians. And Buddhists, and two Muslims.
Not at all, I actually have friends who are Buddhists, Muslims, Atheists, Catholics, Wiccans, etc, etc. I love them all dearly.

According to Christianity, if you deny the Holy Spirit and refuse to accept Jesus (Yeshua) as your Lord and Saviour - you are going to burn in Hell for all eternity. I have had many, many Christians tell me I am going straight to Hell.
I always dislike it when people do that - condemn someone. No one knows a man's heart. Only God does. He is the only Judge who knows where you will spend eternity. All Christians are supposed to do, is share the Good News with others and tell them how to get to Heaven - Believing in Christ.

What about these verses?

Explain what you are referring to by sharing these versus? I'm not sure I understand your question.

I have a good friend who is Gay. this man was a Christian, went to Church, tithed, the whole shebang. Until someone "outed" him to the Church. According to him, first they tried to pray the homosexuality out of him, but anyone with any sense knows that never works, then these Good, loving, God fearing people asked him to leave and never come back again. Then, the Preacher called up the other Church's and told them about it. The poor man is now so depressed, I told him to move to another city and again hide his sexual orientation from everyone. How is this being like Jesus?

I'm truly sorry for that whole event. The problem there was LEGALISM, though. If I may ask, what kind of Church was it? It's denomination, if anything. I personally have been to, I'll give you an example, an Apostolic Church. I was kicked out. It was all because of Legalism.

Those kinds of churches.. they are doing it wrong, to put it bluntly. Homosexuality is no different than any other sexual sin, then any OTHER sin, really. Sexual perversion, sexual immortality, fornication, adultery, lust.. it's all the same. For those people in that Church to pretend like they've never had ANY sin, it's blasphemy. If anything, THEY are the ones who need to be prayed for. Your buddy, if he truly believes in Christ, will go to Heaven. Tell him that for me. I don't care what his sin is, it was all paid for at the Cross. The only difference is, Christians don't practice their sin, not because they HAVE to, but because they don't want to.

Yes, the Bible does condemn us to Hell, but the intelligent people know God didn't write any books, men did.
Man -literally- wrote the Bible, but it was divinely inspired by God. You won't really find someone who swears that God grabbed pen and papyrus and wrote the Bible..

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

"Warning, this thread has the potential to totally change everything you thought you knew about your entire religion and could totally dismantle your worldview as well as uproot your deeply held firmly planted belief system"

err sumthin' along those lines.

None of this is new? lol

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Once one understands how human consciousness creates reality, one can see how if enough people believe what is in the Bible, it can indeed become reality. Since the same clowns who compiled, and I stress "compiled", rather than "writing", since it contains a wealth of "Divine" knowledge, also control the money, they can make nearly whatever prophecy they want become reality. I stress "nearly" because they are on a leash. They are "allowed" to perpetrate certain evils, such as 911, for the purposes of evolution.

There's some really fine reading out there called "Nano: Technology of Mind Over Matter" by Kabbalist Rav Berg, and it gives this illustration:

The sons of two star soccer players each aspire to be like their dads. One practices with an empty net, and the other practices against a star goaltender. So, one has an adversary and the other has no resistance. Who is going to "evolve" into the better player?
edit on 25-4-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Manuscript Evidence for Ancient Writings Author Written Earliest Copy Time Span # Mss.
Caesar 100-44 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,000 yrs 10
Plato 427-347 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,200 yrs 7
Thucydides 460-400 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,300 yrs 8
Tacitus 100 A.D. 1100 A.D. 1,000 yrs 20
Suetonius 75-160 A.D. 950 A.D. 800 yrs 8
Homer (Iliad) 900 B.C. 400 B.C. 500 yrs 643
New Testament 40-100 A.D. 125 A.D. 25-50 yrs 24,000

www.godandscience.org...

Their were more copies of NT than Homers (lliad) by 25 years

additional if bias

carm.org...
edit on 24-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

And your point is? Of course there are a lot of copies. That is human nature, see something you like, copy it. Like a Scribe would do.

scribe
1. a person who serves as a professional copyist, especially one who made copies of manuscripts before the invention of printing.

2. Also called [sopher, sofer.] (Judaism) one of the group of Palestinian scholars and teachers of Jewish law and tradition, active from the 5th century b.c. to the 1st century a.d., who transcribed, edited, and interpreted the Bible.

Pay very close attention to the "interpreted the Bible" part.
A Scribe was employed by the Church to copy everything the Church wanted copied.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you're familiar then never tell someone we live in 3D anymore, that's terrible Physics.

Well, for myself, I live in the Third Dimension of Time and Space, because I have to, being trapped within this carbon based human receptacle. May I inquire which Dimension you in? Is it the Fourth? Are you telling us you are in the World of the Dead? Is the Fifth Dimension you live in? The World of the Higher Vibrational Spirits?
Please explain how it is you do not exist on the Third (3D) Dimension?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Screwed

"Warning, this thread has the potential to totally change everything you thought you knew about your entire religion and could totally dismantle your worldview as well as uproot your deeply held firmly planted belief system"

None of this is new? lol

I don't think anyone was suggesting that it was "NEW" information.
By its very nature it couldn't be "new" could it?
It would be hundreds of years old now wouldn't it?
Hardly "new".

It may be information that some people have never been exposed to before.
If you are a nutjob crazy wacked out Christian (as opposed to a Christian with the ability to think and reason) then you are going to have a hard time reconciling this information and incorporating it into your worldview without completely dismantling your entire belief system.

Make sense?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ohhh boy did you just open a can of worms.

I don't know much but one thing I have learned in my time here on the God forsaken rock is to never question people's brainwashing. People have a right to live in ignorance and here you come along with your thread making all kinds of sense.

Yeah, it seems so. One even accused me of destroying everything he/she believed in, leaving them nothing to believe in. I just told them to believe in their own self, instead of a made up fairy tale deity fashioned by the Romans to quell dissent in Ancient Times.
Truth is, it is time for Humanity to wake the hell up, and stop believing in stale promises that are never coming to fruition. I just had someone tell me this morning that 95% of the Bible prophecies had already came true. I fail to see it myself. I was also admonished about posting long explanatory answers to questions, and was advised to keep it within one or two paragraphs....

People aren't going to know WHAT to think!

At least put a disclaimer on it.

It is what it is, ANYONE of us could have come to the very same conclusion. All it takes is research on a particular topic of conversation, or subject matter. I wonder how many Christians ever called up a search engine and input the terms: Origins of the King James Bible, or Who wrote the New Testament?
I'll bet not many.
Of course when you think the book in your hand is the only truth in the whole entire world, well, there is little hope for those to learn a damn thing.

Seriously, Christians get pissed at this sort of Herassy.

Ha! That's good. Wish I had thought of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This thread is honestly garbo compare to all road lead to rome, now this guy is just a bitter, biting off protoplasmictraveler. I hurdle through proto, he didn't allow Dead sea scrolls and essenic sect to be brought up in his thread

HU?

Make that double for me. Didn't allow? Like I am an ATS Administrator or something? Stop it, I am getting delusions of grandeur here!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Make sense?

Nope, I supposed that puts me in the 'nutjob crazy whacked out Christian' camp.

Which is coincidentally in the same camp Jesus was in, praise the Lord.

If it were 2,000 years ago you fellas would have me hanging on a cross or wresting lions and bears in the Colosseum.

Thanks for the blessings from Heaven.

edit on 25-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I live in the Third Dimension of Time and Space

Spacetime is the 4th Dimension.

In physics, spacetime (or space-time, space time, space-time continuum) is any mathematical model that combines space and time into a single continuum. Spacetime is usually interpreted with space as being three-dimensional and time playing the role of a fourth dimension that is of a different sort from the spatial dimensions. From a Euclidean space perspective, the universe has three dimensions of space and one dimension of time. By combining space and time into a single manifold, physicists have significantly simplified a large number of physical theories, as well as described in a more uniform way the workings of the universe at both the supergalactic and subatomic levels.

Spacetime

Like I said, immediately stop talking about Physics.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... probably the only greatest thread on ats

btw if u dont know what I just explained in my post, maybe you shouldn't be here

Actually, I think this is the greatest thread ever on ATS:
Are extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face
Just about the time I got to page 17 or so, I began to see things I myself remembered from my own experiences, and knew it was on the up and up.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

Make sense?

Nope, I supposed that puts me in the 'nutjob crazy whacked out Christian' camp.

Which is coincidentally in the same camp Jesus was in, praise the Lord.

If it were 2,000 years ago you fellas would have me hanging on a cross or wresting lions and bears in the Colosseum.

Thanks for the blessings from Heaven.

God didn't put me here on this Earth to try and uproot anyones deeply held firmly planted belief system.
I repect your right to believe what you just said and won't waste my time trying to have a rational logical conversation that will only end up with you praising "Jesus" and ignoring all of the facts I put out out there.

IF you WOULD like to talk about facts there are many people willing to do so.
If you would like to talk about belief then church might be a better place.

It really comes down to "facts" vs. "Beliefs".
Which would you preferr to deal with?
edit on 25-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Wait, what "facts"? The only thing I see is just prejudicial arbitrary conjectures and appeals to ridicule. You don't want to get into a debate that involves logic with this member, you'll lose. I'll let you pick the avenue, syllogistic, philosophical, modal, informal or prepositional. First let me ask are you a big fan of Nietzsche??

Shall we dance? *offers hand*

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

Wait, what "facts"? The only thing I see is just prejudicial arbitrary conjectures and appeals to ridicule. You don't want to get into a debate that involves logic with this member, you'll lose. I'll let you pick the avenue, syllogistic, philosophical, modal, informal or prepositional. First let me ask are you a big fan of Nietzsche??

Shall we dance? *offers hand*

Either you didn't read my post or you didn't understand it.
It is NOT my job to uproot anyones deeply held firmly planted belief system!
It is not my job to convince you that you don't believe what you believe.
No amount of debating in this world is going to get you to change your mind, that much you have already made clear. Sooooo, what's in it for me? Really???

I am not interested in spending my time trying to convince a christian that the bible is not the "word of god"

I have been down that path before. It is a fuitless waste of everyones time.

You are free to continue believing that the bible is the word of god handed down to us mear mortals and I will continue to see the bible as a mutilated collection of stories collected from all over the globe which has been changed,abbreviated,added to,tampered with, and had parts downright left out all for the convienience of controlling the weaker minded amoungst us for centuries.

You do your part in this grand play, I'll do mine.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join