It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kgirl2002

The strange part is...that it only really happens when I'm outside the house at night with my G.R.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Hello everyone...
YES, I know this post is embarrassing, but I'm still pretty astounded by what happened last night and need to get some kind of explanation or answers.

Background:
A couple of months ago my Brother-in-Law, who loves high-tech gadgets came to visit. That evening he showed us his iphone with a 'Ghost Radar' App he had purchased. It was kind of a fun 'ice breaker' for the evening...and for the most part really only spelled out a series of random words which generally had no relevence to our questions. Still, we had fun...knowing full well that it was for entertainment purposes only and that it was NOT some actual way to communicate with spirits...or so we thought.

Fast Forward:
I bought a new ipad very recently...and remembering the fun we had with my Brother-in-Law's Ghost Radar App, I also bought one for my new ipad. Again...mostly irrelevent words continued to come out of it...so I eventually lost interest.

Last Night:
My daughter was over, saw my new ipad and App and began playing with it out on our deck with her cousin...As I opened the door to come out to join them, my first name "Thomas" immediatly emitted from the machine.
We all had a laugh at this; naturally thinking that the timing alone was a pretty neat coincidence.

It was even a little more eerie, as she said she was trying to talk with my father who had passed away last september. His name was Tom also (I am a junior)...and Dad was the only one in my family who called me "Thomas".

Still, based on the nature of this machine, I thought the name was a lucky hit...with even luckier timing.

We all came back into the living room still laughing and talking about my Dad...with the App still running...and IMMEDIATELY my LAST NAME came out of the machine. My last name is relatively unique...and in the time I've had this App...a last name of any kind has NEVER came out of it (usually only random dictionary words with occaisional first names).

We were all shocked and sat there in silence after hearing this...my hair stood on end and I felt goose bumps...We all did!
THEN, my FIRST NAME came out of the machine right after my last name! We ALL just freaked out...dropped the ipad on the couch and ran out of the room.

HOW is this possible? The odds of it randomly selecting mine and my Dad's first and last names...while trying to contact him with an App that is supposed to be just a fun entertainment device...must be a billion to one!

Has anyone else experienced this?
How can this be explained?...It is beyond coincidence.
edit on 23-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: spelling

A buddy of mine had that app on his droid and we were working on moving stuff out of a building on Ft. Huachuca. The thing said a few words, then said, "Talmadge" - which was the name of the building. As far as I know, that building isn't registered by name in any major online map/gps sites, so that was definitely freaky. I'm not sure how much weight I put into the app as what it purports to be - but who knows? Definitely worth some consideration. I don't believe in coincidence.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Hello everyone...
YES, I know this post is embarrassing, but I'm still pretty astounded by what happened last night and need to get some kind of explanation or answers.

Background:
A couple of months ago my Brother-in-Law, who loves high-tech gadgets came to visit. That evening he showed us his iphone with a 'Ghost Radar' App he had purchased. It was kind of a fun 'ice breaker' for the evening...and for the most part really only spelled out a series of random words which generally had no relevence to our questions. Still, we had fun...knowing full well that it was for entertainment purposes only and that it was NOT some actual way to communicate with spirits...or so we thought.

Fast Forward:
I bought a new ipad very recently...and remembering the fun we had with my Brother-in-Law's Ghost Radar App, I also bought one for my new ipad. Again...mostly irrelevent words continued to come out of it...so I eventually lost interest.

Last Night:
My daughter was over, saw my new ipad and App and began playing with it out on our deck with her cousin...As I opened the door to come out to join them, my first name "Thomas" immediatly emitted from the machine.
We all had a laugh at this; naturally thinking that the timing alone was a pretty neat coincidence.

It was even a little more eerie, as she said she was trying to talk with my father who had passed away last september. His name was Tom also (I am a junior)...and Dad was the only one in my family who called me "Thomas".

Still, based on the nature of this machine, I thought the name was a lucky hit...with even luckier timing.

We all came back into the living room still laughing and talking about my Dad...with the App still running...and IMMEDIATELY my LAST NAME came out of the machine. My last name is relatively unique...and in the time I've had this App...a last name of any kind has NEVER came out of it (usually only random dictionary words with occaisional first names).

We were all shocked and sat there in silence after hearing this...my hair stood on end and I felt goose bumps...We all did!
THEN, my FIRST NAME came out of the machine right after my last name! We ALL just freaked out...dropped the ipad on the couch and ran out of the room.

HOW is this possible? The odds of it randomly selecting mine and my Dad's first and last names...while trying to contact him with an App that is supposed to be just a fun entertainment device...must be a billion to one!

Has anyone else experienced this?
How can this be explained?...It is beyond coincidence.
edit on 23-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: spelling

A buddy of mine had that app on his droid and we were working on moving stuff out of a building on Ft. Huachuca. The thing said a few words, then said, "Talmadge" - which was the name of the building. As far as I know, that building isn't registered by name in any major online map/gps sites, so that was definitely freaky. I'm not sure how much weight I put into the app as what it purports to be - but who knows? Definitely worth some consideration. I don't believe in coincidence.

That was another great G.R. strange story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Given what you've shared, I have no answers for how it knew your building's name...unless, maybe, you mentioned it in an email and it scanned those.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can someone suggest the best free version to get for my samsung galaxy droid?

Upon reading what these apps get from you, your email, your contacts, your google searches, I think I would discount anything it comes up with that I've been reading on the internet, or my name.

However, it sounds like fun and I'd like to try it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Can someone suggest the best free version to get for my samsung galaxy droid?

Upon reading what these apps get from you, your email, your contacts, your google searches, I think I would discount anything it comes up with that I've been reading on the internet, or my name.

However, it sounds like fun and I'd like to try it.

Ghost Radar should be fine on your droid, there is a free version available on the android market. Give it a try and post any unusual results back here for us, the more people who try it, the better. And you can discount it just reading info from your phone by my experience posted earlier in the thread.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Kaspar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My first analysis is done and it took much longer to reduce the data than I thought.

Here it is the first 2 charts I was able to generate.
They are the distribution by number and by % of the occurrence of the first letters of the words given.

To me it looks pretty random.
It also matches closely though not perfectly with the distribution found here:
Wikipedia letter chart

That chart has the distribution of words as if they came out of a dictionary.
I'm looking for a link, but supposedly if the words are spoken the distribution should be different and not line up with the dictionary distribution.
That is some people use more words that start with vowels or various speech patterns.

Also it was hard to reduce this data since everyone posts in a different style.
We need a uniform style.
We also can't put things in the middle of the word bank such as the ghost blips they need to be separated out.
Oh and as for the "range" of the blips here is the quote from Ghost Radar FAQ.

What is the range between rings on the radar? We have been unable to determine the exact range of the radar. It seems capable of detecting signals up to 50 yards. However, one thing to keep in mind is that the signals are coming from all 3 dimensions. So if you're in a building with floors above or below you that means you might be seeing signals from those other floors. Unfortunately the two dimensional radar does not convey the 3rd dimension's info in a very intuitive way.

They don't actually have a set range for the radar so any distance is just a guess on our parts.

Before I go here is the data reduction of first letters, in order of posting.
Maybe one of y'all can see a pattern.
I did notice that in the same experimenter and across 2 consecutive different experimenters the letter "D" would double as would "M".
So there are several DD, and MM in the list.

d
a
n
b
l
u
m
c
r
y
a
b
c
l
m
d
l
g
l
m
s
p
r
e
c
b
l
d
r
a
p
a
w
b
f
s
s
s
a
s
d
p
f
w
b
c
s
t
t
h
c
w
c
c
m
l
a
d
g
k
v
w
p
j
b
f
n
t
s
s
a
p
r
s
v
m
b
p
s
s
g
m
p
b
s
d
r
r
t
n
m
l
b
d
b
p
e
p
t
f
s
l
p
h
f
t
f
q
l
p
o
p
f
j
s
p
h
p
t
c
j
t
b
d
a
l
m
c
c
w
c
h
t
t
s
c
b
a
s
d
p
f
w
b
c
c
r
p
w
s
s
d
z
s
f
b
e
l
n
n
z
s
r
g
o
p
f
c
s
v
t
v
t
m
m
d
i
b
a
a
c
c
c
p
j
c
a
l
p
a
a
o
p
w
t
r
a
f
r
l
m
s
s
f
y
f
w
b
l
b
p
d
n
d
d
m
s
b
s
t
s
o
a
i
v
d
b
p
m
t
b
n
g
h
p
n
d
d
f
b
m
b
s
w
s
n
p
l
d
g
k
c
g
a
w
a
o
u
c
i
w
s
p
y
d
k
g
b
h
w
y
c
c
p
m
b
a
e
w
w
c
l
f
a
a
e
m
t
t
c
p
a
j
m
n
f
m
d
w
o
f
s
g
s
p
d
s
a
g
c
m
e
n
e
n
r
p
P
e
f
j

To me the distribution matches close enough to the distribution of letters in the English language, which seems random.
If it were actual communication there should be more even distribution not matching the dictionary so much.
I will admit the letters "P" and "T" surprised me as they don't match the existing data.
I didn't expect that nor do I know what to make of it.

P.s.
Sorry this took so long, I've been busy and it looks like reducing the data is a huge task.
It requires staring at the screen for hours just to get the data into first letter.
I might need help for further data reduction such as # of syllables, or the other things we want to look at.

Oh and these are just screen shots, does anyone know of an open place I can put the excel file for everyone to look at so they know I'm not fudging the data?
I want to be as open and peer reviewed in this as possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sorry that post looks so long with the string of letters.
If y'all want I can edit the post to have them be in a continuous row instead of vertical.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

WOW,P.G....Fantastic work!
The gist of your research then, I gather, is that these words we receive are entirely 'random'...and do NOT indicate human communication?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

That's what it looked like to me.

They follow the distribution you seen in a dictionary.

From reading up on words in use if we communicate the distribution should be different.
I haven't found any data online about this, just some blurbs saying each author has a different cadence and that each distribution is different from person to person.

My thinking if it was meaningful communication it wouldn't take the appearance of the distribution in the dictionary.

There are still other things to due such as parts of speech (verb, adverb, noun) etc...
I would also like to see syllabus and a few other data points y'all could suggest.

I was impressed with the 2 letters that broke out far above the others that was interesting.
As was the pairing of letters from the same user, and across 2 users.
I also found it interesting that the first 3 letters of the first 3 words spelled out Dan, as I noticed Dan, Danny, Daniel etc...
While reducing the data.
I don't know what to make of that though.
It's interesting at least.

From what I see though the data looks random, not communication.
A larger sample size, and help reducing the data would be great though.

This thread remains one of my favorite on the board right now.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i downloaded this app earlier, as I wanted to play with it.

First few words didn't mean much, but when I saw dots, I asked who was there, Edward! fell, slide, yet moved warn hand coast. instead

Not sure if the letters at the bottom right mean anything, but had ppppppppppp then llllllllll rrrrr lllllll then cccccccc

My ex was edward, my initial is p, his initials were elrl, his daughters is c.

Years ago, we used to bring the lads to the coast, there was an incident on a slide at an indoor pool, my 18th month old son fell. I now live 4 miles from the pool having moved down a few years ago. I only got the blackberry yesterday, 3 contacts, txts do not mention any of these words, nor similar, I haven't used the browser either.

will let you know if it gives any more of interest

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eccentriclady
i downloaded this app earlier, as I wanted to play with it.

First few words didn't mean much, but when I saw dots, I asked who was there, Edward! fell, slide, yet moved warn hand coast. instead

Not sure if the letters at the bottom right mean anything, but had ppppppppppp then llllllllll rrrrr lllllll then cccccccc

My ex was edward, my initial is p, his initials were elrl, his daughters is c.

Years ago, we used to bring the lads to the coast, there was an incident on a slide at an indoor pool, my 18th month old son fell. I now live 4 miles from the pool having moved down a few years ago. I only got the blackberry yesterday, 3 contacts, txts do not mention any of these words, nor similar, I haven't used the browser either.

will let you know if it gives any more of interest

WOW. I have to admit that you have had quite an interesting experience there. I have my own...and I just believe that these can't ALL be random.
Thank you for sharing, eccentriclady.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
awoke this morning to see a missed late night call, so phoned my mate back, wondering why she called at that time, at the same time, turning on the app on the other phone, first word it came out with was accident. I then discover her partner was taken into hospital over night.

I have since had Italy and build, I have been toying with the idea of emigrating, but was looking at eastern europe, rather than the med and buying a property for renovation.

Now waiting for the euro lottery numbers to come up on the screen

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Ghost radar?

You're connecting your dad's name and yours to some application on your I-Pad as "Ghost radar?"

Someone please help this civilization...its about to collapse.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
wanted to get this down now!

Italy quake activity agenda information valley, in that order, nothing else Im missing out, so lets see now,

I am sure it is random words, but it is fun to play with and share results

it then threw out effect something

edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: to add effect,

edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

wanted to get this down now!

Italy quake activity agenda information valley, in that order, nothing else Im missing out, so lets see now,

I am sure it is random words, but it is fun to play with and share results

it then threw out effect something

edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: to add effect,

edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: (no reason given)

Interesting. If you've read the entire thread, you'll notice we've been experimenting with the G.R.'s ability to predict quakes. We've been trying to find the location for the next major quake. Greece has come up among the results of a couple of different attempts by people here.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have not read the whole thread, only got the app last, but I did think that as this is something that can be written down and timestamped, it gives us all the ability to see if there is anything in this.

Personally I doubt that the app is able to detect spirits, but having experienced things most of my life, I do wonder if spirits could infact find this an easier way to interact with us.

After having a phone call from someone who died 8 years ago, I am beginning to believe anything is possible, although not always likely

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
today greece has had a 5.7? check the quake thread, but they are saying that is a decent size for the area.

Lets see if the same happens in an italian valley in the next day or so.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Serenity777

"Ghost radar?

You're connecting your dad's name and yours to some application on your I-Pad as "Ghost radar?"

Someone please help this civilization...its about to collapse."

Perhaps you should go and try to save it, then, instead of wasting your time here? Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

today greece has had a 5.7? check the quake thread, but they are saying that is a decent size for the area.

Lets see if the same happens in an italian valley in the next day or so.

When asked about 5 weeks ago: I believe my G.R. actually gave a date of June 15th.@ noon, for a BIG quake.
Unfortunately, it did not give me a location at that time.
Greece as the location came from others...until recently, when mine spelled out Greece.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It seems to have affected Rhodes, although not sure where the epi centre was, there have been aftershocks too, I know nothing about quakes, but it could be possible that these are foreshocks and there will be a bigger one on the 15th.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join