It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: Update on Vietnam Mystery Illness: We May have a Problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OK, so I have been posting on this subject for a few days now, when I noticed that all contact from the actual village had ceased. No news articles (that I can find) have any new info. It seems that the last thing that came out of the village itself was that the villagers were blocking the paths to the infected houses/people in a effort to contain the illness. No new news from the village itself has appeared since.

Now, I am beginning to get concerned. If this virus took a turn for the worse and somehow got out . . . I'll leave the rest to you.

So, here are the links to the last two posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here are the links to the articles:

abcnews.go.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Also, there are news articles that are newer than 24-48 hours, but these are almost carbon copies of the original articles. They seem to just be copies.

Symptoms in Chronological Order:

1. Rash on Hands and Feet

2. High Fever

3.Loss of Appetite

4.Organ Failure (in severe cases.)

Young people seem more inclined to get the illness, though adults have contacted it as well. The virus (as of the last known information) responds well to early treatment.

I will to continue to update as information becomes available.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zrocketman976

Hmm. Interesting. I wonder if it spreads...? That's really all I have. Just more questions. Nothing grand.
Second non-exciting Line

edit on 22-4-2012 by CADCatiaMan because: It appears the Second Line was not required. Grand, took care of that... Touche ATS...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey OP. I found this link, not sure if it repeats what you have already posted. www.presstv.ir...

The virus spreads through direct contact with an infected person’s oral discharges or saliva, the fluid from burst blisters or the stool of infected persons.

Not spread by air Thank God. The article also mentions they have not ruled out a chemical cause.

S&F for your efforts keeping us informed. No travel alerts I found from the CDC

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks! Helps a lot
. . . though I am still worried that there is no new information . . .

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yes I know what you mean, but there are many explanations for the delay, ongoing tests, the difficulty of information transport. We do not know how many levels information has to go through there before it is disseminated. There is no danger of a rapid spread as in an airborne pathogen. The isolation they have imposed will help contain it.

I am not understanding what is causing liver/organ failure, which is the cause of death it seems. That has more of a chemical signature to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Hey, I'm not a doctor but the other day, I started noticing local drug stores offering free shingles vaccines and I thought it was the strangest thing because shingles has been around for centuries, just as long as chickenpox, and I've never seen any type of public campaign to protect yourself against shingles (there's a commercial about it too).

I mention this because the description of this illness sounds somewhat similar with the exception of organ failure but viruses mutate all the time. Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

BIG BUCKETS OF BUMMER!!!
I was hoping for the zombie apocalypse.
Now what am I gonna do with all of these MRE's, water, ammo and guns?

top topics

join