It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Laughable; most of us just want to be left alone. Also, I've never seen any organized atheist group go uninvited door to door and attempt to convert others to their beliefs. And, personally, I couldn't care less what anyone calls the christmas/holiday season or if abortion is legal.

The only time "christians" get under my skin is when they try to rewrite history, deny individuals their rights in the name of morality, or attempt to deny their fellow citizens equal protection of the law, then claim that there is a conspiracy against christians.

If there is a conspiracy, it is certainly not coming from the atheists.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Most atheists are cowards? Have you ever read a history book? Atheists were often killed or tortured for their beliefs. As an atheist, I certainly do not want to be subjected to a theocracy and that is why I will never vote for a candidate who panders to the religious right.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Religion is the worst sort of politics; it dehumanizes those who do not believe, smothers intellectual thought, and retards advancement of science.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Sounds a lot like klansman that burned black churches and hung civil rights activists in the name of god. They often justified their behavior using parts of the old testament.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This seems like a flame thread....

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
It's funny how a religious group that spent hundreds and hundreds of years torturing, maiming, killing, not just individuals, but entire civilizations (mesoamerica anyone?), complains of atheists "attacking" them (with words).....oh my. You poor, poor, dears.

I believe more correctly it was Nations armed with religeous fanatics at their disposal that did these injustices in the accumulation of wealth or territory that were to blame.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
This seems like a flame thread....

Definitely have to wear fire proof undies to post here.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Religion has no place in the new century. It's merely a tool to control the unquestioning population and is laughable from a rational point of view. As an atheist I don't particularly care what christians think of me, since they're the only ones that seem to get all butthurt about us.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Seems like you're the one attacking me just by starting this post. You can believe whatever you want to believe, I'm not gonna put you down for it. You're the one who came out swinging by starting this thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Well, since you started it...

Irrational beliefs in unicorns, goblins and men who die and come back to life (eventually flying away into the sky!) don't do anyone any good. I would argue that religion as an institution (and arguably the belief and perpetuation of a god) is a conspiracy. Tax exempt and zero overhead. NICE!

Burden of proof is on you guys. Science and logic work. Sorry.

It's all just sky cake.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hey Sissy

Not sure what planet you're from, but on mine, this kind of vomit does not tend to issue forth from the gullet of atheists (contrary to common opinion, 'Dolphy' Hilter was not an atheist - he firmly believed in the 'pre Christian gods' of the German people i.e. the Asatru)

This is what the 'good book' has to say about race-relations:

e.g. Exodus 17: 8-16

And YHWH said to Mosheh, Write this down as a Memorial on a Scroll and read it into the ears of Joshua son of Nun : Behold, I will Exterminate the Seed (lit. ‘Remembrance’) of the Amalekites from Under the Heavens. Therefore Mosheh built an Altar to YHWH right there etc.

Then read: Deuteronomy 7: 1-5

When YHWH your clan god brings you to the land where you are headed to take possession of it, and has cast out the goyim before you even the Hittites, and the Girga#es, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, even seven gentile nations that are more numerous and powerful that you are now:

And when YHWH your clan god has delivered them, you shall utterly exterminate them all showing no mercy to them; neither will you make peace treaties with them nor enter into marriage with them – for they will surely turn your sons from following me, and cause them to worship other clan gods – thus will the anger of YHWH burn against you and destroy you without notice.

Deuteronomy 13: 12-17a

12 If you should hear a rumour in one of the towns which YHWH your clan god will give you to live in, saying ‘I heard certain evil men taking some of the town out encouraging them to worship other foreign clan gods which you have not yet heard of, you shall set up an Inquiry and if the acusation is proved true that such a ritual Toqebah (‘cultic abomination’) has in fact taken place, you will utterly genocide all the inhabitants of that town, utterly destroying the town and its inhabitants, even down to the animals – then you will gather together all of their belongings and utterly burn the lot in the town square – and not take any of it for yourself, and leave it a perpetual Ruin, never again to be rebuilt.

Deuteronomy 20: 10-18

This is the Rule of War for the Towns of the Goyim which YHWH your clan god shall give unto you and your sons as an Inheritance – You shall leave nothing alive that breathes, but you shall utterly exterminate every one of them, namely the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; exactly as YHWH your clan god has commanded you, so that they will not be able to teach you all of their peculiar ritual Toq’eboth (‘taboos’, ‘cultic abominations’) that they perform for their own clan gods, leading you into sin against YHWH your clan god.

Deuteronomy 25:17-19

Now remember what Amalekites (lit. ‘Amalek’) did to you when you were sojourning out of the land of Mitzrayim : how they came upon you on the road and attacked your rear guard, including the weakest ones in your camps, and how they showed no reverence for the Elohim (‘gods’) – therefore it shall come to pass that when the land you shall be given by you own clan god YHWH is finally settled and becomes your Inheritance to possess, you shall utterly genocide the Seed of Amalek (lit. ‘Remembrance’) from under the heavens – you will never ever forget this.

Outside the Torah, we have references to ‘the fulfillment of the Divine Commands to genocide’ the goyim in books like Joshua and 1 Samuel, in the context of the (CH-R-M) i.e. the Holy War ‘devoted’ marking of a particular group for racial and cultural Extermination and Genocide of the other’: -

This is the same type of ‘racial’ marking-segregation of the ‘other’ that we saw in the last century in the Nazi death camps only in the last century, the religious underpinnings of the genocide were not emphasised to the public (e.g. the Secret Thule Society Tenets of Aryan Supremacy and how to deal with the 'slave races' etc.)

See : Joshua 8:1-2, 8:23

Joshua 10: 31-33 (ref the extermination of Lachish)
Joshua 10:34-35 (ref the genocide of Eglon)
Joshua 10:36-37 (ref the wiping out of the Hebronites)
Joshua 10: 38-39 (ref the annhialation of Debir)

Then read Joshua 10:40b where it states proudly

‘And Joshua utterly exterminated everything that breathed, leaving not a single soul alive, in accordance with the Command of YHWH…’

And these verses show us how whoever wrote these racist-xenophobic passages in the 'holy Torah' of the Jews dealt with their own "final solution to the Cannanite problem...'

Pretty ugly stuff written by non-atheists !!
edit on 21-4-2012 by Sigismundus because: stutteringgggg compppputerrrrrrrr

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xxSouthernGirlxx

I swing low too... like a chimp!

back in 86 man I was seeing a shrink but now I'm humble cause I've seen the light...

edit on 21-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KringleFantastico

Well, since you started it...

who started what? you may want to ask or rather train your cohorts (since atheist don't have brethren) to stay off our turf and bricks won't be busting balls.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

yet here you are attacking atheist's

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Whatever, my man. Trollers gonna troll.

And what is this about bricks, or some such nonsense? You know... if you behave while you are here, when you die, you go to a city in the sky and there is cake! You like cake, don't you? SKY CAKE SKY CAKE SKY CAKE!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
it seems like people regardless of worldview play victim and then accuse the other. As a Christian, and one who grew up in an atheistic home, I believe the Christian worldview best explains both death and suffering or evil that we see and experience in this world. That's a starting point. The problems of the world, at least in a systematic sense, is a human heart issue. NOT a political, ecclesiastical, economic issue...those are symptoms to a much deeper problem which the Christian worldview calls sin.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Global Elite. Say you are sitting on a pile of cash, more than you could ever spend in a lifetime, and you have influence and control over mass populations, politics etc. There are simply no guarantees that you would do what's best for the rest of the population if you are in that position.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This thread is full of idiots.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Arguing about "God" on ATS is like....

Running in the Special Olympics.

You might win....But you're still retarded.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
In my opinion....if it had been DC or Marvel comic books being written during biblical times....we would all be worshipping the X-Men and Batman. Greek mythology was once a religion and is just as farfetched at the bible. In a thousand years the bible and God and Satan can all be considered myths.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

yeah that is not very thoughtful, but there are people with beliefs in god who go around telling peoples families who just lost a son/daughter or brother/sister that their relative is going to hell because they didn't believe or happened to have an abortion or fought in a war or something, some go as far as protesting funerals to get that message across.

there's no difference, it is just that both viewpoints think they are justified to do so because they think they are right. neither scenario is very thoughtful of other peoples feelings, it has nothing to do with believing or not, it is just that some people are not very thoughtful regardless of their religious or non religious beliefs.

edit on 21-4-2012 by lifeform11 because: typo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join