It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by SisyphusRide

yet here you are attacking atheist's

explain to me plz how I am hurting you personally...

I think all you lifeforms are quite special and I just don't and probably will not ever trust an atheist.

come to think of it how many posts do I have in this topic which I got confused about putting it in the rant section?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KringleFantastico

Whatever, my man. Trollers gonna troll.

And what is this about bricks, or some such nonsense? You know... if you behave while you are here, when you die, you go to a city in the sky and there is cake! You like cake, don't you? SKY CAKE SKY CAKE SKY CAKE!

I'm just sayin' I won't throw stones and pebbles... I throw bricks, they hurt much more, sometimes one is enough

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

sorry paradox, I am not inside your box...

I am specialer than thou (a slightly evolved chimp)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

your not hurting me personally, your just doing the same thing your complaining about.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hmm, I smell a hypocrite. You complain and moan about how "evil atheists are" and how "atheists are always attacking others" yet you start a thread doing exactly that to atheists.

Practice what you preach, my friend.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

people will always attack opposing views no matter what.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Do you have an example of this mistreatment??

To say that atheists don't value life and are bad is disingenuous. Atheists probably value life far more than most theists simply because they know this is it - not just a practice run for something better.

That is such a true statement.

I was raised Christian - - but never valued life as much as I do as Atheist.

It's all on me - - my responsibility. There is no "go to guy" - - or reward at the end. Every thing is Now.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

hypocrite? hell try "not a sissy foot"

cry all you guys want... I don't make a good christian and I don't make a good atheist either...

I just like to fight hypocrites... nothing wrong with that since I'm a chimp right?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

ok I'm out... end of rant.

this is not my turf anyway... and I don't play well with non-likeminded groups

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Are you stating that Christianity is false because you are happier as an atheist?

If that's your case, then you are committing an informal fallacy in your logic.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

signed ...the mighty messenger!

Maybe they're just trying to make the world a better place.

Ever thought about that?

Anyways, your figures are also off, since a generally accepted number for atheists in the world is around 15-20%. Those are the people that definitely DON'T believe in a God. Among the other 80-85%, many could be called believers only for the fact that they were brought into it as children, but are not practicing or devout believers... so the number of actual believers is vastly smaller.

Besides, many of the most developed countries in the world, who sport the highest standards of living and education count themselves among those who have lower than 40% of believers living in the country. That means more than 60% of them are atheist. USA is, of course, an exception... but we all know USA has been dumbed down to almost the point of no return.

On top of that, while you are happy to report that 95% of the world is theistic (which is untrue), you all fail to remember that the vast majority of those people are the Muslim believers that this site and most of those in the USA have a special disdain for.

When you don't agree with them they're the devil, when you need them to pad your numbers then they're just a fellow believer, eh?

Khar

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

yeah yeah we've all heard this before yadda yadda...

I don't believe I've ever actually met any atheist who have changed the world or are doctors or missionaries...

and you can post your own proof to yourself until you guys are blue in the face about Einstein and the limited few who've never actually stated they were/are.

it's all the atheist have because they themselves do not do... they whine.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
OK so lets get rid of religion so the politicians have no excuse to kill over....CASE CLOSED!!!

Well, at least then it would be honest.

We need to go to war because they got great natural resources, and if we have them, we get cool stuff!.

Who knows, it might work well...to hell with religion, or nationalism..people like stuff and will kill someone over a pair of shoes.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by Kharron

yeah yeah we've all heard this before yadda yadda...

I don't believe I've ever actually met any atheist who have changed the world or are doctors or missionaries...

and you can post your own proof to yourself until you guys are blue in the face about Einstein and the limited few who've never actually stated they were/are.

it's all the atheist have because they themselves do not do... they whine.

You will find most in the medical and scientific profession are atheist. Scientists actually have a fairly stand offish view if one of their collegues is found to be religious (sign that they will compromise their study with belief over evidence)...

The difference between say a atheist Doctor, and an atheist internet personality is simple...whereas many on the net do feel they are on some anti-religious crusade (I sometimes feel that way also..typically when I am bored). in life, they simply don't participate in such discussions. Its about as worthwhile as discussing the merits and flaws of unicorns, and have better ways of spending their time.

You say you never met a professional whom is an atheist? fair enough..then you must not get out much.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Not always; I'm live and let live. I couldn't care less about what people choose to believe until they try to force those beliefs on me.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Einstein was a deist.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

post your facts please... do you have any evidence to support your claims?

is this all you atheist have? other peoples words and actions...

the folks who have advanced the world tenfold in history which have helped form our modern western world have been the religious martyrs. (which I don't need to name)

edit on 21-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

does the dictionary say a deist is an atheist?

I have a pic somewhere with Einny in a jewish prayer hat and holding a bible...

let me see if I can dig it up

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
and I will exit this section with a simple request...

please leave my theistic and deistic and agnostic brothers and sisters alone!

let my people go!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I feel sad for you and ashamed of what you base your life around. The sun is our God, the universe is our brother and sister. You will be reincarnated just like the rest of us. That's not so bad is it? You will live again, you are a part of this breathing universe is all. We all go to the ground, or spread our ashes around...

You believe in a great story is all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join