It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist, deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I have never seen you use science to validate your arguments.

Stop being so snotty towards the atheists until you can prove that your god is the real god.

And don't use the bleeding Bible, either. We all know it's a riddle book, and that you barely understand any of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by Battleline

What I have always wondered is why do your Gods need revelations, why all the threats of "belive and worship me or ELSE".
Maybe someone can answer this without hate or ridicule in a common sense manner........................or not.

you will have to ask the good Christians about that... here I can't help you, you're not speaking my language.
Your not a good Christian ? What are you? What language do you speak ?

Your answer is a fresh approch to "I have not a clue" but at least you answered.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide in reply to my post

cause and effect

thank you for your input, it was quite non biased and not mentioning any specific groups... I do appreciate that as atheist seem to like to deny nearly everything to everybody but themselves... (like science, God, ect ect)

Hey, I'm not out to /get/ anybody. I don't have a problem with religion except in the sense that I don't think there is good enough reason to base important decisions on religious views. Admittedly the problem is nowhere near as bad in the United States as it is in, say, places like Iran, or Saudi Arabia, where they behead people for practicing witchcraft. And yes, religion isn't the only factor that leads people to make harmful decisions. In fact, I don't think it is even close to the leading factor. Perhaps I personally do give it undue attention and scrutiny. I still think the supernatural assertions made by most religion are false--or at least unverifiable, and not worth believing.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Also, I really need to know what sphere' harmony we are "deharmonizing". What does that mean? Sphere of ignorance? What sphere? SOMEBODY TELL ME!!!

No kidding.

What the hell is he talking about. Or trying to talk about.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Do you all see what the OP is actually doing here? He is applying a magical spell. A spell of black magic.

I don't think I've responded to the OP other then: "What the hell are you talking about".

I have responded to individual incorrect points by other posters.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I love you too darlin'

the mods would have removed this thread by now if it was trolling... I am responding to each individual in as a timely and honest manner as I can.

I am sorry I am not as educated or supposedly enlightened as a atheist.

do we know each other Sisy? :-)

tsk, tsk - timely maybe, but honest? That was much less answer-y than I was hoping for...how about that question concerning the viciousness of atheists?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There seems to be no substance here for a debate: "anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals?" - When you classify a whole group of people based on their religious (or non religious) beliefs then this is silly. It is like saying that e.g. "All teenagers are angry" or "All men are bad drivers". It is like looking at a congregation at a church or a Mosque and saying that all the people there are alike in the way that they think - nit taking account their age, their background, their life at home.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog

The more I researched my own religion and then the bible itself the more I realized it is all man made. It is just a way for man to explain how life got here. If god wrote the bible through man why would he make it so easily interpreted so many ways instead of making straight forward since he supposedly made us he would know how we would think. It just sounds like a mean trick being so cryptic.

Exactly!

It is my opinion the majority of Atheists - - found their way through religion. Not in rejection of religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

This section is conspiracies in religion isn't it? Are you saying that this particular board is off limits to anyone unless you believe in religion? LMAO There are no rules that say you have to be religious, christian or believe in some sort of god in order to post on this forum.

no... I am saying you have individuals which are confusing religion with theism and faith and also now some are even mixing political science in with their brand of atheism.

I'm not one of those lost & confused souls... I have spirituality, I believe there was a man named Jesus who was crucified and that this act could not contain or kill off his spirit.

I am an American... I was born in America... I can believe anything I want to believe... America makes the laws I must live by and in.

feel free to call America my master if you wish it and it makes you feel better?

And that has what to do with your OP? LOL Theism is belief in god or gods, Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods. That hardly makes them oh hell what did you say in the OP vicious individuals I believe? So they don't believe, but how does that de-harmonize the harmony of the spheres? Which by the way, what the hell does that mean anyway? LMAO

I think that maybe you need to lay off the pipe, you can't seem to be direct and answer the question. Turf?? what turf by the way? Oh and your name isn't Craig is it? LOL I'm American too, big damn deal, that has nothing to do with nothing. America doesn't make laws by the way, people make laws. Laws that you have the ability to change if they don't work for the majority. Why the hell would I call America your master? that's irrelevant.

edit on 22-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Two questions for you in order to kick off

1 What the hell is deharmonizing the harmony of the spheres, supposed to mean

2 If I an assuming correctly that you have a god - If your god told you to kill me, would you do it ? yes or no will do fine.

ah yawn!

boo this man!

Surely this response should be enough for the mods to finally shut down this thread as a complete waste of bandwidth ?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Surely this response should be enough for the mods to finally shut down this thread as a complete waste of bandwidth ?

It is a ridiculous thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by LiberLegit
I come in contact with are pseudo-intellectual smarmy hags to pretentious to even realize how irritating they sound. They give themselves some sort of grandiose image that they are hardly deserving of (nobody is), they know the same if not more or less than any other person on this planet yet they are to caught up in their ego to realize it. Atheists can't wait to tell you their stance on religion more so than a Christian in some cases.

Really? Are you talking about IN PERSON? Or on a discussion board.

If you mean you've met all these Atheists in person and had discussions with them. Where exactly would that be - - and how do you meet them?

I'm Atheist and I've only met one other in my entire life.

Atheists don't exactly shake your hand and say: "Hi! I'm Atheist".

College my good friend. Even in the work place on occasion. Whether it's through a joke or a direct statement, they just can't wait to let you know.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

anyone ever realize that atheist are some pretty vicious individuals? in meaning they love to attack the over 95% of the population which have a theistic belief system (which is usually based on respect and appreciation of life.)

is it a conspiracy here on ATS or is it just me...

maybe I could have put this in the rant section... then again atheist love to invade our turf and attack my brethren and sisters.

signed ...the mighty messenger!

no, you have made this up, atheist don't care if you believe or worship god or unicorns, just don't pass laws on the rest of the people that do not follow your mythical beliefs.

here's a real brain burner for you....you can live in a country where you can believe and pray to any god you want to without harm or retribution, but, with this freedom, you cannot force other people to live by your beliefs, if you intend to inflict harm or retribution...i don't know why this is so hard to understand?
there is only one belief i hold above all else...."do onto others as they would do onto you"....simple, no church needed, no god needed, no religion needed, and nobody making money off of it.
edit on 22-4-2012 by jimmyx because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I have never seen you use science to validate your arguments.

Stop being so snotty towards the atheists until you can prove that your god is the real god.

And don't use the bleeding Bible, either. We all know it's a riddle book, and that you barely understand any of it.

I use science for my fiction... I like it better that way.

I get to board the Starship Enterprise everytime I do

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What I have always wondered is why do your Gods need revelations, why all the threats of "belive and worship me or ELSE".
Maybe someone can answer this without hate or ridicule in a common sense manner........................or not.

you will have to ask the good Christians about that... here I can't help you, you're not speaking my language.
Your not a good Christian ? What are you? What language do you speak ?

Your answer is a fresh approch to "I have not a clue" but at least you answered.

I am an American... plain and simple, straight forward and true

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I love you too darlin'

the mods would have removed this thread by now if it was trolling... I am responding to each individual in as a timely and honest manner as I can.

I am sorry I am not as educated or supposedly enlightened as a atheist.

do we know each other Sisy? :-)

that is quite possible... alot of people believe in past lives ect, but I am off to dinner shortly and I will have to leave you folks for a time.

I shall return... have no fear!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

I believe in God, I don't see nothing wrong in it, in fact I see benefits and feel God's love the mostus when the dark side rears its ugly head

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
College my good friend. Even in the work place on occasion. Whether it's through a joke or a direct statement, they just can't wait to let you know.

Give me a break.

You're basing your entire concept of Atheism/Atheist's on college kids?

Some - - on their own - away from mommy and daddy for the first time in their lives?

At age 65 - - do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds to me?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

so you are saying you don't believe in atheism?
that it's all about a disbeliving belief?
lol, and you believe this? lol

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join