It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checksum discovered in DNA: More evidence of Simulation Theory?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by rhinoceros

I'm not sure what you're calling BS. Barbara McClintock, the peer reviewed paper from Perez, the year T,G,A,C was defined. All the information I have talked about has been backed up by links.

Please direct me to the peer-reviewed paper that states: "When cells replicate, they count the total number of letters in the DNA strand of the daughter cell. If the letter counts don’t match certain exact ratios, the cell knows that an error has been made. So it abandons the operation and kills the new cell."

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Since we all live in a yellow submarine may be a pretty good song for the absorbtion of truth, L. Ron Hubbard had as his first Scientology precept or axiom something like, to paraphrase, "consideration trumps all the rest combined". This seems to fit into these new discoveries (if they turn out to approximate reality) and since scientists, math heads, and coders are expecting to find this stuff now, they will find it all over the place. If true, it means as much as any part of the rest of it. And if it's just a strange theory it's fun to see coincidences play into and both anticipate and fulfill the scientists, maths guys, and coders considerations.

Please post the paper that the post just ahead of mine asked for, that should be a good read.
edit on 21-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Sagan knows best:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Excellent episode of Cosmos....
The human world truly lost a great resource when it claimed Carl. Imagine what he knows now!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Evidence of but a small touch from the hand of God.

Fascinating

Evolution is impossible, checksum makes sure of that.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you're calling BS. Barbara McClintock, the peer reviewed paper from Perez, the year T,G,A,C was defined. All the information I have talked about has been backed up by links.

Please direct me to the peer-reviewed paper that states: "When cells replicate, they count the total number of letters in the DNA strand of the daughter cell. If the letter counts don’t match certain exact ratios, the cell knows that an error has been made. So it abandons the operation and kills the new cell."

The ability of cells to maintain a high degree of order in a chaotic universe depends upon the accurate duplication of vast quantities of genetic information carried in chemical form as DNA. This process, called DNA replication, must occur before a cell can produce two genetically identical daughter cells. Maintaining order also requires the continued surveillance and repair of this genetic information because DNA inside cells is repeatedly damaged by chemicals and radiation from the environment

^ Alberts B, Johnson A, Lewis J, Raff M, Roberts K, Walter P (2002). Molecular Biology of the Cell. Garland Science. ISBN 0-8153-3218-1. Chapter 5: DNA Replication, Repair, and Recombination

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This is as close as I can get without buying the book. I'm going to go on a limb and say it uses something like a bubble loop

edit on 21-4-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

This is as close as I can get without buying the book. I'm going to go on a limb and say it uses something like a bubble loop

Now that is fascinating. The computer version of something like this is a linked list, and/or a FILO stack.
Yes, human inventions, but mechanically efficient concepts that could be implemented in nature, certainly not saying how!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Are checksums unique to human DNA? I think not. We are being created by aliens. The theory is that life started with microbes that infected a cautherized earth and they have been evolving life ever since. They dont look like a guy in an alien suit and dont need testubes, but there you go.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by FlySolo

Now that is fascinating. The computer version of something like this is a linked list, and/or a FILO stack.
Yes, human inventions, but mechanically efficient concepts that could be implemented in nature, certainly not saying how!

Here's another link using the exact principle. Don't ask me what it means lol but the checksum is being used to bio-engineer bacteria? From the looks of it

Each sequence that we are inserting into the bacterial cell composes of three sectors – Headers, Messages and Checksum. Header is the address of that particular message fragment, which consist of 8 DNA bases with each 2 bases as one unit – namely zone, region, area and district.
Bioencryption by recombination

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The ability of cells to maintain a high degree of order in a chaotic universe depends upon the accurate duplication of vast quantities of genetic information carried in chemical form as DNA. This process, called DNA replication, must occur before a cell can produce two genetically identical daughter cells. Maintaining order also requires the continued surveillance and repair of this genetic information because DNA inside cells is repeatedly damaged by chemicals and radiation from the environment

^ Alberts B, Johnson A, Lewis J, Raff M, Roberts K, Walter P (2002). Molecular Biology of the Cell. Garland Science. ISBN 0-8153-3218-1. Chapter 5: DNA Replication, Repair, and Recombination

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Thing is. It doesn't say ""When cells replicate, they count the total number of letters in the DNA strand of the daughter cell. If the letter counts don’t match certain exact ratios, the cell knows that an error has been made. So it abandons the operation and kills the new cell."

No peer-review paper will say that, because it's not true! The sequence is checked during replication, and also a little bit after, but in no point is the "total number of letters counted" nor any attention to paid to "certain exact ratios" (whatever that might be)..
edit on 21-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelYoung
Sorry, but checksums in DNA are hardly evidence that the whole universe is a simulation.

It's far more likely that we were genetically engineered by aliens, IMO.

That's the sequel. Considering checksums aren't a natural occurrence, perhaps everything has been engineered
edit on 20-4-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

What's your objective evidence that checksums aren't natural?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

We already know that letters are used in our explanations. So yes, technically you are correct. However, we already know there is system used in recombination which must be using a checksum. You're argument is based on hypothetical letters which are interpreted by some sort of genetic algorithm instead. None the less, still a checksum. It's even being used in bio-engineering like I pointed out in the link above.

If you are trying to say that DNA doesn't destroy cells, then I think you're barking up the wrong tree. This is what cancer does. A glitch in the checksum process

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Sorry, but checksums in DNA are hardly evidence that the whole universe is a simulation.

That's the sequel. Considering checksums aren't a natural occurrence, perhaps everything has been engineered

Computer code

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
reply to post by charlyv

This method can be found in any subject that deals with the internal operations of a CPU. There are thousands of examples. I am an embedded engineer, so it is part of my work, and believe me it gets much more complex than this. This is basic. I am intigued with your reference to base 12. Why would this be so important? Basically, everything reduces to base 2 for manageability, so I would love to know the reference that base 12 would be an efficient base to operate in for such complex operations. I will research it a bit and let you know what I find.

As to how it would all work... I can only go so far as to theorizing, so I will try to not do so... for it will only further express my ignorance on the topic. Having said that... this is why Base12.

The case for the duodecimal system was put forth at length in F. Emerson Andrews' 1935 book New Numbers: How Acceptance of a Duodecimal Base Would Simplify Mathematics. Emerson noted that, due to the prevalence of factors of twelve in many traditional units of weight and measure, many of the computational advantages claimed for the metric system could be realized either by the adoption of ten-based weights and measure or by the adoption of the duodecimal number system.

But the final quantitative advantage, in my own experience, is this: in varied and extensive calculations of an ordinary and not unduly complicated kind, carried out over many years, I come to the conclusion that the efficiency of the decimal system might be rated at about 65 or less, if we assign 100 to the duodecimal. —A. C. Aitken, The Case Against Decimalisation (Edinburgh / London: Oliver & Boyd, 1962)[8]

The duodecimal tables are easy to master, easier than the decimal ones; and in elementary teaching they would be so much more interesting, since young children would find more fascinating things to do with twelve rods or blocks than with ten. Anyone having these tables at command will do these calculations more than one-and-a-half times as fast in the duodecimal scale as in the decimal. This is my experience; I am certain that even more so it would be the experience of others. —A. C. Aitken, in The Listener, January 25, 1962[7]

In Lee Carroll's Kryon: Alchemy of the Human Spirit, a chapter is dedicated to the advantages of the duodecimal system. The duodecimal system is supposedly suggested by Kryon (one of the widely popular New Age channeled entities) for all-round use, aiming at better and more natural representation of nature of the Universe through mathematics. An individual article "Mathematica" by James D. Watt (included in the above publication) exposes a few of the unusual symmetry connections between the duodecimal system and the golden ratio, as well as provides numerous number symmetry-based arguments for the universal nature of the base-12 number system.[9]

Those are only rough overviews, further research on your part is obviously needed to bring forth any true revelations as to the validity of my claim(that Base12 is the best)

Another thing to consider, is the lattice structure of quantum computing, or even the very representation and lay out of the matrices.
This is then where the idea of the mathematics of geometry come in.

If a set of data, can be input into a algorithm that aims to set any 'set of data' at an equilibrium. Then when two sets come together, whatever results as to finding a equilibrium for both sets in relation with one another, will be the correct answer. I know that's a terrible way of explaining it, but... that's what you get LOL!

Now why 12 and what is the shape or form it will take...
rooted in fractals, expresses an extreme parallel with the e8 model

Cuboctahedron

In geometry, a cuboctahedron is a polyhedron with eight triangular faces and six square faces. A cuboctahedron has 12 identical vertices, with two triangles and two squares meeting at each, and 24 identical edges, each separating a triangle from a square. As such it is a quasiregular polyhedron, i.e. an Archimedean solid, being vertex-transitive and edge-transitive.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not going to sit here and pretend to having the ability of figuring this all out. But I swear... there is a connection here, and can be rooted in computational processing.

For a COMPLETE description as to the importance of the cuboctahedron and it relationship with the universe... check this out.

I'm either on to something, or on something... and I've been sober for a long time now. LOL!

what are your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

I'm thinking humans may be descendants of a Cylon like race and we are programmed but with organic material.

Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Interesting thread.

I'm thinking humans may be descendants of a Cylon like race and we are programmed but with organic material.

Hmmmm

That's interesting that you think humans are Cylon's...could you post an image of what a Cylon looks like so your posting is clearer to those who have never seen a Cylon?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Computer code

It's a chemical process we humans DECIDE to express as a code. You can express pretty much everything you want with math

That's not evidence of a creator...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
During the course of this thread I have read a few people state that DNA doesn't interept language,well I found this preventdisease.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Computer code

It's a chemical process we humans DECIDE to express as a code. You can express pretty much everything you want with math

It's a chemical process performing mathematical calculations. Albeit, not expressed in numbers, but logically the same. Identical even. When did 1+1 = 2 ?. How can these two numbers 'evolve' How can the logic 'evolve'?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mosthated718bx
During the course of this thread I have read a few people state that DNA doesn't interept language,well I found this preventdisease.com...

I wouldn't buy into pseudo-science like that...after all, they also write nonsense like this:

Official science also knows of gravity anomalies on Earth (that contribute to the formation of vacuum domains), but only of ones of below one percent. But recently gravity anomalies have been found of between three and four percent. One of these places is Rocca di Papa, south of Rome (exact location in the book "Vernetzte Intelligenz" plus several others). Round objects of all kinds, from balls to full buses, roll uphill. But the stretch in Rocca di Papa is rather short, and defying logic sceptics still flee to the theory of optical illusion (which it cannot be due to several features of the location).

First of all, they don't specify how gravity anomalies relate to the "one percent" or "three percent". They suggest that's the change in gravity, but aren't specific. They further state that those changes in gravity would create vacuums...WHICH IS NONSENSE!! And lastly, they also claim that "round objects" would roll up hill in those vacuums...which is of courses nonsense too as vacuums have no impact on which way stuff rolls. And a change of 1-4% in gravity wouldn't change anything either.

In short, that link is nonsense I'm afraid

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Computer code

It's a chemical process performing mathematical calculations. Albeit, not expressed in numbers, but logically the same. Identical even. When did 1+1 = 2 ?. How can these two numbers 'evolve' How can the logic 'evolve'?

That's still not evidence of a creator.

If a baby bear gets born with 3 legs, it dies...nature is self correcting. That's the same thing you say DNA does. It checks for errors and weeds them out. No magic required for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join