It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book that Foretold Titanic's Fate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

First, a bit of buisness: I know there are threads on this topic but I wanted to get the opinions of current members. Also, I chose to put the info in general chit chat but it could fit under Literature. So mods....

Anyway, since this year marked the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, I decided to teach an entire unit on the disaster. While researching information, I stumbled across an interesting tidbit of information. I do have a vague memory of hearing about this before, but now I know its true.

So here's the deal. Fourteen years before the Titanic set sail, Morgan Robertson wrote a book titled "Futility." Interestingly, the novella's plot dealt with a boat striking an iceberg and sinking. The name of the boat? The Titan.

So did Robertson somehow "foresee" the disaster? Was this a prediction or just an incredible coincidence? I'll admit, I find it a trifle spooky.

Here are the parallels between the Titan and the Titanic:
Both ships were extremely large (800 ft for Titan vs 882 for Titanic)
Both ships sailed in April, hit an iceberg, and sank
Both ships were considered "unsinkable"
Both were triple screw (propeller)
Both lacked enough lifeboats to save even half of the passengers
The ships struck the iceberg on the starboard side
Great loss of life for both the Titan and the Titanic

Thoughts, ATS?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This happens all the time, its part of even the 9-11 conspiracies, stuff like the lone gun men piolt episode being the exact plot to 911 conspiracies before it happened.

My view as that we maybe apart of a greater whole and perhaps authors and writers may tap into this on some level...

Or its all a conspiracy...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sometimes I think a lot of people selectively "remember" their predictions after a major event. The ones I find so interesting are the predictions that are documented before the event occurred.

I do think you have a valid point, maybe we are all connected somehow and certain folks can tap into that knowledge....

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

synchronicity would be an example of the perhaps connected to a grater whole, which kinda relates to this.

Seriously if you are unaware of the 911 parallels in the piolt to lone gunmen, its either a case of a writer tapping into something or having dirrect fore knowledge of an event...

its also interesting to know that Chris Carter the writer for one of the most successful shows on TV, went off to relative obscurity after all this... not really active as a writer anymore either, which makes you wonder...
edit on 19-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I wasn't aware of the 911 parallels. I'll watch this and check it out. Thanks for the link!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

My view as that we maybe apart of a greater whole and perhaps authors and writers may tap into this on some level...

Or its all a conspiracy...

Perhaps, a bit of both.

Some do seem to be more tuned into the "collective" than others.

edit on 4/19/2012 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

After rewatching that clip I gotta say damn I forgot how crazy that was, I haven't looked at it in a long time, Id say that's downright proof of something amiss.

Either the writers tapping into something, or something aint right about that 911 thing...

But than I wonder if people ever tried to come up with a conspiracy on how the writer was in out the whole titanic "false flag"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Just watched the clip.

I've got no words.

Holy God.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

But than I wonder if people ever tried to come up with a conspiracy on how the writer was in out the whole titanic "false flag"

If he was, then they really were planning things way ahead of time back then.

Of course, I suppose the idea for the official story of the Titanic's(Olympic's?) demise could have come from the book. Wouldn't want to let a good idea go to waste.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yep, I was a fan of the X-files and watched Lone Gunmen, it wasn't till someone pointed it out to me. That clip is probably a big reason I think somethings up, dont know what it is but something is fishy.

top topics

join