Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by gwydionblack
And yet people are content with this. People are fine with this. Somehow, people still wake up each day, go to their 9-5's, eat their dinners,
watch their nightly news, post on ATS, go to sleep, rinse, repeat, and do absolutely nothing - day in, day out, nothing more than complaining, making
excuses to make them feel better about doing nothing and accepting their lives inside of a cage.
I'm curious...and I asked this of someone else recently that was complaining about their life.
What would you like your day to be like?
What exactly is missing in your life?
What's missing for me as an American?
- I would like to not have to pretend to be Canadian when I travel.
- America is an invasive global force bent on colonialism. I would like to not be paying for this with my taxes.
- I would like my taxes to not go toward subsidizing industries who need no help. Oil, beef, dairy, etc...
- I would like the average American job to provide a family-supporting wage.
- I would like our bodies and health to not be treated as commodities and to be treated, instead, like precious American resources that should
get subsidies and kept healthy.
- I would like money to be taken out of politics. Completely. The only public office that should pay more than 65K/year is the presidency.
- I would like to live in a nation that considered it unacceptable to not honor another nation's sovereignty.
- I would like to live in a nation that did not funnel every public opinion through two parties. Many nations have more than ten political parties
that are viable each election.
- I would like legal right to live on public land that my taxes pay for.
- I would like to live in a nation that didn't have the highest civilian incarceration rate in the world.
- I would like to live in a nation that didn't believe in the ridiculous notion that you can rule a union of states that take up a continent from one
centralized power. States need more sovereignty.
- I would like to live in a nation that would at least give an enclave nation to the people who it stole their land from.
- I would like a nation that didn't blame all their problems on welfare mothers and instead looked at the big picture.
- I would like to live in a nation that truly was separate from religion.
I could keep this list up all night but I think you get the picture. It's not that our American lives are bad
, it's just that our American
lives are so wrong