It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America - April 19th, The Start of the Revolution - A REVISIT

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Skewed

Here's a question. Were YOU and the OP protesting? Or are just posting messages online criticizing the ones risking confrontation? If so get off your computer chair and go out or put a sock in it. The thing is we are not organized and to be honest, screw the American people. They are not worth my time going out to protest. I abhor what this country has become...most of this world in fact. Let it all come tumbling down for all it's worth, and I'll let you all be the individual judges of that. The purely Internet posters ain't worth a dime either because all we do is sit here acting all intelligent while I honestly believe not even 10 percent of you would ever pick up a gun to fight! So enough rambling on! Just sit back and watch as this country goes further down the toilet. Mostly corrupt, tired people left who would rather tune out the truth than face the music because they realize it happened so slowly that they never noticed and now we have a LOT of catching up to do but few people consider it worth their time to do anything. But most of all I am bothered at this moment by those of you who sit and type here like you're on some intelligent high ground while the powerful people are least worried about a bunch of pansies sitting at home at their computers! Get over yourselves. You know who you are.

This is where you and I differ. This is my country, I was born here, I have no where else to go, so I will fight for it. If you feel the American people are useless and not worth fighting for, then why do you remain here, pack your bags and do not let the door hit your ass on the way out. A real patriot will not leave their homeland out to dry, they will fight for it for better or worse. I have lost blood for this country already, and will do so again and again until I have no more left to lose. The American people as a whole are not as useless as you insinuate, they are merely asleep, albeit very frustratingly so. The question is, what have you done, except ridicule your very own people and bad mouthing the only home you have. At the end of the day, the only thing we have; is our word, each other and this land, protect it or lose it and it has to be done altogether.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I don’t hear any Americans complaining about their freedom or their rights. Only their financial condition, the occupy movement is without a message. A financial revolution starts the voting booth with your representatives and congressmen; they are the check and balance. Learn to use the existing system don’t try to abuse it.
edit on 20-4-2012 by redneck13 because: @##$%%

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
I don’t hear any Americans complaining about their freedom or their rights. Only their financial condition, the occupy movement is without a message. A financial revolution starts the voting booth with your representatives and congressmen; they are the check and balance. Learn to use the existing system don’t try to abuse it.
edit on 20-4-2012 by redneck13 because: @##$%%

Do you still believe that voting actually matters?

The Occupy movement has a clear message - economic inequality and the corporate corruption of government must end.

If you've failed to hear that very clear and obvious message then that perhaps says more about the American education system than the Occupy movement.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Violence won't do a thing. There are plenty of heirs to the throne. If they are wiped out, people driven by the need for power will deceive their way to positions of control. Our species complains about regulation, yet wants to regulate the leadership. We have just what we wanted, every animal for itself.
edit on 20-4-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh no, you didn't just mention Waco and not the OKC Murrah Federal Building Bombing on April 19th, 1995 where 169 people perished. I know you didn't.
McVeigh thought he would start a revolution then.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am sorry to say this but the American public will never ever stand up for what is right because they have become demoralized and dumbed down! If things ever get so bad as to see the majority take a real stand against injustice I would be very surprised! God may be all that can help us now! I for one look forward to death
from the mundane life of materialism, struggle and monetary slavery! If only others would feel as i do maybe we could take a stand against TPTB!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What I am about to state will be a bitter pill for most of you to swallow, but those of you who are capable of digesting the truth in an unbiased way will want to read this. One thing that is missed in this whole "revolutionary" mentality is the fact that social hierarchies develop naturally in every animal society from ants to humans. Left-wingers always ignore the simple truth that every revolution has resulted in just another example of tyranny...it always starts as something so "Utopian" and the "leaders" of the revolution always promise such grand things to their "followers", and that's what it all comes down to...there will always be leaders and there will always be followers, because the majority of people in this world "want" leadership. Our "slavery" did not result from our evil rulers schemes to bind us in a state of debt slavery, or the hijacking of our government by "occupiers"...these are just effects of a cause...the cause being the willingness of most humans to fallow a leader "period". Our civilization has evolved over thousands of years to produce two kinds of people; followers and leaders, so let me put this into perspective for you, it all boils down to intellect. The average follower (i.e. average human) has an IQ of 90 to 110, the average Chimpanzee has an IQ of 50 to 80, the top leaders and scientists of the world have IQ's in excess of 150 with some as high as 190...thus the difference between those in the higher ranges of Intelligence quotients and the average human is greater than the difference between the average human and a chimpanzee. Sorry folks but its the truth. I believe that most of the people on this site are those people in between, with IQ,s of 110 to maybe 130, intelligent enough to question your lot in life, but not intelligent enough to acquire enough information to look at the big picture (luckily I am not in this category). What would the average person do if they had no leader telling them what to do, and how to manage their life. Most would probably kill themselves by accident and society would collapse completely into an anarchy situation, in areas where statistically less intelligent humans congregate (i.e. the hood) pseudo anarchy already exists, and these areas are plagued with poverty, murder, and crime, not because they are socially disadvantaged but because these people are statistically less intelligent. The sad, but glaring truth is that the majority of humans are simply to stupid to manage on their own, and if the anarchy of revolution were to take place, out of the Chaos of anarchy...new rulers would emerge to take the place of the old ones...and usually not for the betterment of humankind, as history has proven. Now I'm not saying that you should all tolerate a loss of your human rights, and accept total slavery. What I'm saying is that you need to be realistic and look at the world for what it really is and not what you wish it was, and the reality of your own inadequacy to rule yourself and how disastrous it would be if everyone was expected to do so. this whole idea of total independence and freedom for every individual is an impossible pipe dream, because as soon as it happens, and someone uses their new found freedom to kill someone else and take their sh*t, then people will insist on rules, and rules must be enforced...and lo and behold you have another government! Please don't misunderstand me I believe another revolution must take place, simply because we have idiots in power, and that is why things are falling apart, we need to replace this idiocracy of monkeys with people possessing the genius to rule effectively so that the majority of people can live in relative tranquility and prosperity...unfortunately there will always be those people who draw the short straw in life and will wail and moan about it until they die...this is simply reality. Our current Ideocracy has arisen because the families who initially seized power in the 19th and 20th centuries have degenerated or devolved in intellect... let me tell you why. These self made men called the Robber Barons were the cream of the crop concerning intellect, but as many successful, self made men do after achieving success is that they start taking advantage of their power in to form of sexipades. They delighted in sexually dominating as many physically attractive woman as possible regardless of intellect, in fact a lower intellect is preferred amongst these men as it pumps up their feelings of dominance. Then as is inevitable they impregnate one of these half-retarded bombshells producing an equally half-retarded offspring to inherit their dynasty, hence we get people like George "Dubya". This is why we need a revolution we need to replace the stupid people with the smart people, because despite popular opinion and political correctness...all people are not created equal! Sorry to burst every ones bubble...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Domesticated animals and wild animals are different. In modern times we have become domesticated and declawed. Comparing people from the American Revolution to the present time is like comparing apples and oranges. First of all this was new land much unexplored. Fossil fuels, highways, flight, networks (communications and online), accessibility to food and water are all factors (among countless others) today that didn't exsit back then.

As is the encompassing hand of the government which is 50 times the size it was back then along with military muscle. Add to that the lack of education, jack of all trades (we are society of specialization) ability/skill set loss, disconnection from nature and globalization (other countries might meddle if a revolution happens).

I am not saying revolution will not happen, because it will eventually. But not the way it happened in the past. It will be a brand new animal, with new strategies. Honestly I think the earth needs a shaking first, a type of Katrina (country wide) type event to wake most from their slumber. Many that cannot adjust and wish to remain individual (as oppose to pooling together) will most likely perish unfortunately.

But we need to start growing our own food, move away from large city centers and become autonomous; develop real communities. We need to disconnect from tv, media, movies and video games and go outside. Make our own culture and learn the wild ways again. That is the only way to form real offensive, and become independent of the system. Once that happens and we have the freedom away from the distractions and 9-5 then people will be ready for revolution and change.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I can guarantee that I have not been declawed, maybe oppressed but not declawed.

Want to try me, claws are as sharp as ever. I just sharpened them, again.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionStarfire

Dude...paragraphing is your friend and friend of those trying to read your post.

Well said and well taken. I can see your point of view. I do not accept it completely but I can entertain the sentiment with which you have stated it. Not all leaders are crooks...just almost all....

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

Thank you, and sorry about the lack of paragraphs but I always try to cram in as much as possible to get my point across.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

What form of government would all of you suggest? Not being sarcastic. I'm truly curious to see what people's ideas and thoughts are.

I think we would ask for the privatized federal reserve to be made public and open. We would ask that banks not make a business out of loans that is in essence a scam, among others. Real money, that is, backed by any form of real assets. Gold would be nice.

-We would ask for a direct democracy when it comes to electing our POTUS.
-All war, police actions, interventions, whatever BS name they want to call armed conflict is asked of congress. No one else.
-All financial records of politicians be made public. The price for public office should be no privacy of financial assets.
-The privatization of public funds or services to be illegal.
-State sovereignty over issues that the constitution does not cover in its statutes.

After that, basically Ron Paul's platform. Which already includes these ideas in one way or the other.

basically REAL DEMOCRACY.
edit on 20-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not sure how me saying I like my job and have kids is any different that just posting things on websites. You are no more aware of this than some of us.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

what happens a few decades down the road when our directly elected leader who has fixed everything is dead and the people who take his place "convince everybody that it would be in their best interest to loosen up on the rules of say...venture capital, and loan sharking...because it will boost our economy. Then what? Back to square 1. civilization is cyclical, we will never escape it 'cause the new boss is never better than the old boss when the intellectually inferior majority overthrows the intellectually superior minority. The only hope for this nation and this world is for the politically inactive mass of statistically higher intellects must seize control of this ideocracy, by whatever means necessary.

P.S. in case anyone missed it in my last post I use the word ideocracy rather than idiocracy as a pun against utopian ideologies...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionStarfire

at least we could replace him and his cronies along with whatever policies they enacted and not have to consider an armed revolt the way our kids or grandkids have to now.

I do see what you are saying though. That is the danger we face but it is better than assured tyranny by a locked system.

EDIT:
and yes education is the key to all of life's mysteries....problems......fulfillment of potential.
edit on 20-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
For the most part I agree with you.
Except I've heard it 1000 time here on ATS throughout the years.

What I'm looking for are some massive large scale solutions that people can actually employ...
Until then, just another typical rant here on ATS - true as it may be.
edit on 20-4-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

I'm one of those who thinks the solution is dropping out. It's easily doable with the knowledge and tools for self sufficiency we've developed. However, to have it "easy", we'd need money and a cohesive group. We seem to have neither.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

What I am saying is the cold truth that we DO need a locked system, where the statistically unintelligent majority and "forced" to accept their lot in life and a social hierarchy of superior intellects must be put in place to manage the affairs of the less intelligent. Our problems have arisen because the less intelligent have been allowed to seep into the social hierarchy, armed with almost unlimited resources and wealth they threaten the destruction of our entire planet. I know this sound very eugenicist, and very Nazi...but we need people in power who are capable of basing their decisions on logical deduction backed up by a vast education, which only a genius can absorb. Statistically geniuses are more capable of making decisions based on cold logic rather than emotion, where as less intelligent people simply know they don't like something, but don't understand exactly why, and this make them angry, so they react out of anger...the mass of so-called occupy revolutionaries, and misguided Illuminati conspiracy theorists fall in this category.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

solution.....Ron Paul or a similar candidate.

His platform is well studied and is the most functional and to the point. We vote him in, the cook the elections. We raise our kids to be a little wiser, and they can try it with them.

That is the thing, this whole song and dance WILL get old and when the suffering is unbearable this will turn to blood. I wish they were the sensible men they claim to be. They are not and their kids are progressively worse.

The throne as it is called is already "sede vacante" and will be filled with the most noble of our people. Until then it is just time in the passing. The empire they want will come to be and it will destroy itself and them along with it.

There is no future for absolute power. Not under them. They are not worthy of it and so will never hold it. They should spend all this time becoming worthy instead of strong in deception. The golden age they speak of behind closed doors existed because of kingship through goodness, a kingship the people wanted to support. Not one they were too scared to oppose.

The world empire will not benefit from ignorant and scared people. THAT empire will last a couple years at most. It will be all for naught.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionStarfire
reply to post by Damrod

Thank you, and sorry about the lack of paragraphs but I always try to cram in as much as possible to get my point across.

Very bad and ineffective strategy. I did not read your post because I felt exhausted just looking at it at a glance.

Your point will in the least be put across if broken down into paragraphs because people will actually read it!
Your current strategy looses you lots of readers, be assured. A wall of text is extremely hard to climb.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join