It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skype suicide horror: Businessman bled to death while girlfriend watched helplessly on webcam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

A heartbroken woman told yesterday how she watched her boyfriend kill himself online – from 7,000 miles away. Julie Zalinski said that all she could do was stare helplessly at a computer screen as Adrian Rowland, smashed a glass and used it to slash his throat, wrists and stomach.

She immediately dialed 999 and while a policeman talking to Adrian over Skype persuaded him to wrap a tea towel around his neck other officers tried to raise the alarm in India.

But when police and paramedics reached his flat Adrian refused to open the door. And under Indian law they could not smash their way in.

source

This is both a sad and puzzling story. In recent days there have been threads about people from various walks of life having mental breakdowns and while this may be just a case of business man has melt down, there are certain elements to the story that make it worthy of ATS. Apparently this businessman from the UK was in Dehli on something work related when he suddenly snapped.

She said: “He was sweating profusely and his eyes were just staring. He kept saying, ‘they are going to get me, they are going to get me’. “He said there were people in the room that weren’t there. I just kept reassuring him that nobody was there. I told him I’d get help.” Together with a friend Julie managed to calm him down – but then Adrian started smashing up everything in his flat.

The girlfriend called the police but when they arrived Adrian Rowland refused to open the door...

PC Victoria Blaszko said: “He didn’t believe it was the police outside. He thought it was the people who wanted to get him.”

Indian laws prevented the authorities from smashing down the door so Rowland's only option was to bleed out if he wasnt willing to let the police in on his own.

Something had this guy spooked. He was so convinced that someone was after him that he took very drastic measures so as not to end up in their clutches. He was in a real state according to his girlfriend.

She said the day before he died he had been acting strangely saying he could not speak as was entertaining people for dinner. Yet looking on Skype she could see no one was there.

So what was going on? Were there people there and she just didnt see them...or was it all in his head? Or maybe there was a frightening 3rd possibility that made them both right.

According to the girlfriend he was a bit despondent when he left but I guess there was nothing to indicate what was to come later. Apparently the purpose of this trip was to help secure a future for them back home. Mr. Rowland was self employed as a consultant for the automotive industry. Did he perhaps become privy to something he shouldn't have...or is this just a case of a mentally exhausted man who couldnt take it anymore. What are your thoughts ATS?

edit on 18-4-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
S&F good find, interesting for sure

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My take is that I'm amazed there are people scared enough of legal issues to not break down a door to save a man's life.

It really all sounds like a bad horror-drama, but I imagine he was either going nuts, or had partaken in some sort of drug. Maybe something that was laced with something. Of course, that wouldn't explain the drawn-out "spooked" phase. Unless he was a habitual user. Too many questions, and not enough answers, as usual.

S&F, friend.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My thoughts are I'm completely freakin' horrified right now. My partner and I are dealing with long-distance right now as well and we skype every day. The thought of sitting and watching him hurt or dying and not being able to do anything to stop it is....a nightmare. Man, I can't believe they couldn't smash down the door to save his life! Screw the law I'd go to jail to save someone's life.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Sounds like he was being slowly poisoned by a hallucinogenic of some kind...

Or he had a complete schizophrenic breakdown and believed that there were people there and he was experiencing an alternate reality. That can be VERY scary for someone who was sane their whole life and suddenly starts experiencing a fragmented reality.

I feel terrible for that poor woman, what a horrifying thing to have watched...

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
For some reason while reading this, I was reminded of that mysterious phone call on the Art Bell show a while back. It's completely irrelevant, although it just came to mind. Anyway, nice find OP, interesting yet unfortunate.

S&F.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is starting to get more than just disturbing. This is the second thread tonight about totally unrelated but insane behavior from people you wouldn't really expect or see an explanation for..and I've heard of cutting wrists. Heck, some school kids actually do it lightly as some form of self abuse. Neck though?? Okay, THAT little detail puts this into the "Hollywood Crazy" category that is starting to get my attention...and real concern.

I'd sure like to hear more about a few of these people....the ones who live, obviously. Are they feeling things before they snap? Do they even remember? Yikes... There but for the grace of God, go I....know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Really good original post. Thx. Some kind of stress-induced schizophrenia on this poor fellow. So sudden...maybe drugs too. Good find.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Apparently the Indian Automotive industry is one of the largest in the world and is expanding at an incredible rate. If this guy was looking to get in as a consultant in such a potentially lucrative industry Im sure the competition was fierce. With expansion comes the constant need for innovation in order to remain on top. Maybe he wasnt delivering the goods and he was being outshined by more capable consultants. That can get to a person....the feeling of inferiority.
edit on 18-4-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Aliens are on the Earth messing with humans! I have done all I can to warn others. With all respect, I wish the poor family of this man comfort!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sounds like he was either drugged or under the influence of something.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is a tragic story. Hard to say whether this was a case of psychosis or drug induced. I'm inclined to think the latter.

I'm a little confused by the laws in India. Police and paramedics couldn't force their way in while the man was bleeding to death, but they came in 10 hours later to find him dead? How does that work? Someone must have opened the door for them. Why didn't they do that in the first place?

I must be missing something and hopefully someone here can help me out.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
From the limited things I know about how this man was acting, it sounds like a schizophrenia breakdown type thing (or another illness in the same family) The reason I say that is from the schizophrenia breakdowns I've witnessed, the persons whole demeanor changes...they do get this certain stare on their face as well as sweating profusely. That could also be fear but normally fearful people only hurt themselves accidentally (trying to get away or something) not intentionally. Someone in breakdown mode doesn't usually want to accept help either whereas someone who is just spooked might recognize help when they see it a little better (in most cases)
Sad indeed. One person is missing the rest of their life and the others life will never be the same.

Drugs can do it to for sure, but psychosis is my gut reaction. Businessmen can be under alot of stress.
edit on 19-4-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: I've got a lov-e-ly bunch of coconuts, deed-a-lee-dee

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Can't help but think this sort of thing is only going to get worse.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

this is just so bizarre and freaky, i do remember others who have attempted suicide on air but i just cant remember if it was tv or radio. but what a fool he was, who would show someone who loves them something like that, seriously warped.

and Apollo you really need to stop fretting so much about abductions and aliens, i know you may have had some bad experiences but you cant blame that on absolutely everything.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is just my thinking outside the box here, but there has been a disturbing trend with this type of behavior, just look at the 2 cases of the pilot and the flight attendant going mad. What if and this is a big what if all of the electromagnetic disturbances from the unusual solar activity is causing people's brains to go haywire? What if being in an airplane at altitude increases the risk substantially? We might see more and more of these kind of freak outs if that's whats behind it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe a case of Too much ATSing, and doom reading

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
This is just my thinking outside the box here, but there has been a disturbing trend with this type of behavior, just look at the 2 cases of the pilot and the flight attendant going mad. What if and this is a big what if all of the electromagnetic disturbances from the unusual solar activity is causing people's brains to go haywire? What if being in an airplane at altitude increases the risk substantially? We might see more and more of these kind of freak outs if that's whats behind it.

It may sound as though this explanation is "out there" but in my opinion based off my studies it is probable. Just as probable as any other explanation.

Being a business man... and flying it could have played a role.

Also, I imagine he was under stress too and with that he could have had a mental breakdown.. like... went schizo.

Really traumatic for the girlfriend!! I can't imagine how helpless she must have and still feels. Poor thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

She said: “He was sweating profusely and his eyes were just staring. He kept saying, ‘they are going to get me, they are going to get me’. “He said there were people in the room that weren’t there. I just kept reassuring him that nobody was there. I told him I’d get help.” Together with a friend Julie managed to calm him down – but then Adrian started smashing up everything in his flat.

This sounds EXACTLY like a reaction to meth use. Seeing people that aren't there, profuse sweating, paranoia, and even attacking himself like that. All classic signs of meth abuse. My guess is he was bored on his business trip and grabbed himself some meth, from what I've heard it's widely available in India and law enforcement on drug use is pretty lax.

Here is a list of the symptoms of meth abuse (source):

•Hyperactivity
• Irritability
• Visual hallucinations
• Auditory hallucinations (hearing "voices")
• Suicidal tendencies
• Aggression
• Suspiciousness, severe paranoia
• Shortness of breath
• Increased blood pressure
• Cardiac arrhythmia
• Stroke
• Sweating
• Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
• Long periods of sleep ("crashing" for 24-48 hours or more)
• Prolonged sluggishness, severe depression
• Weight loss, malnutrition, anorexia
• Itching (illusion that bugs are crawling on the skin)
• Welts on the skin
• Involuntary body movements
• Paranoid delusions

Edit to add- below are some articles about how prevalent meth is becoming in India. The first article talks about how India is becoming a big meth trade partner with Mexico:

Methamphetamine is a real menace now

Here is an article discussing how India has gone from being just a provider of raw materials to one of the most popular places for meth factories in recent years:

Meth labs are here

Sounds like India is quickly becoming the meth capitol of the world. We don't know for sure that the story in the OP is because of meth use, but obviously meth is widely available and the description of what went down matches the descriptions of meth abuse perfectly, so it fits pretty well. On top of that we're talking about India, if this guy was used to buying meth in Europe he probably had access to a more dependable version of it. If he bought it off the streets of India he could have gotten something way more potent and deadly and didn't realize it.
edit on 19-4-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This sounds EXACTLY like a reaction to meth use. Seeing people that aren't there, profuse sweating, paranoia, and even attacking himself like that. All classic signs of meth abuse.
reply to post by SavedOne

It certainly sounds like it..but we can't assume he ever used meth. Just because it is widely available doesn't mean that proves it was the root cause ..in this case.

My gut was he had a mental breakdown. Why? Have no idea. Thats the only thing that is "evident" to me, ya follow me? Its crazy...for sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join