It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops pose with suspected Afghan bombers' bodies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by nightstalker78

It does not matter a damn what the Afghans decide to do with the dead. That is for thier own people to decide.

What matters is that foreign troops in any battlespace, have a duty to comport themselves in a way which thier countrymen back home can be proud of. That does not include reducing human remains to the level of some macabre freakshow picture.

Oh it does matter.The op was making it out to sound like that it was ONLY American troops posing in the pictures.When clearly it's not.He/she was just spouting off more anti-american propaganda.Which is typical of ATS these days.Don't even try to argue look at the pictures.
edit on 19-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

Originally posted by TheTardis
These people were trying to kill them and this same thing has happened in ever war since the invention of the camera and you can probably find cave drawings of the same.

1500 years ago Attila and his bloodthirsty soldiers mass raped women, burned villages to the ground, killed innocent people etc etc, would it be acceptable if it occurred today?! It would be acceptable according to your twisted logic.

It is worrying how we the humans consider ourselves as "progressive species", yet we havent moved an inch away from the barbaric mindset of our ancestors.

Your right.. Two young guys posing with a body is definitely the same as mass rapes. Try to read what people write. It wasnt open for interpretation. I was talking about posing for pictures with the slain enemy. This is the problem with the world today. You are right, we have not progressed because people like you still twist things to suit their needs rather than taking it for what it is worth just like these two guys. Take it for what it was, dont read more into it than what is there. Be responsible.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by signal2noise

Generally, the Commonwealth countries act in a much more professional and well behaved manner compared to the USA. Australia hasn't really done anything wrong in Afghnaistan. What has America done this year alone?

Hmm:

-Piss on dead bodies and record it - damaging Taliban - USA talks, and population trust

-Burn Qurans, causing Nation wide riots - destroying the little trust that the population had in the allies, and completely shattering the talks between the USA and the Taliban.

The fact is. The USA does not act professionally during war time, and as such, results in loss.

Vietnam is a perfect example.

These stunts that the US has pulled has pretty much costed the whole Winning Hearts and Minds campaign, conducted by Australia and Britain. America stuffed it for everyone.
edit on 18-4-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

What a bunch of rubbish.

You have no friggin idea of how every line trooper over there conducts himself, none whatsoever.

There are professional soldiers and gung-ho trigger happy kids on all teams.

Don't be so blatantly stupid.
edit on 19-4-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

People who go on about how disrespectful this and dishonorable that and all that rubbish, they don't know half the story of what's going on over there and IMO are full of s**t. Mewly little bitches, who I'd love to drop straight into the hands of the taliban who they wring their soft little hands over, and see how they like the treatment they get, which would not be nice BTW, the taliban have no qualms about filming and posting online the gruesome things they do to westerners they capture, which make peeing on a dead body look absolutely irrelevant....don't believe me??? Go on live leak and see for yourselves, I f**king dare you!

This is exactly what I said before and it got ignored. We dont know what is going on. We know mostly what the MSM allows us to know and they only know about half of what the government allows them to know. Doesn't everyone realize that if it were not pretty bad that Obama would have pulled the troops out long ago? As I stated.. I have a buddy who is full time military intelligence, Half my family is retired or current military. We don't have the full story and those who do are not allowed to disclose it without the threat of being court marshaled. So this argument that we need to just leave or that everyone seems to know that what we are doing is not justified is very flawed. We dont know, you dont know and I dont know what is really going on and most news sources are slanted one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Ah, the US military, winning over the hearts of the Afghan people.

I'm certainly known as a Liberal in these parts, but on the issue at hand? I have nothing but contempt for suicide bombers, and their puppet masters. Shovel the chunks into a pit after a day or so and bury them with a pork chop. Let it be known, too, so the volunteer cadre thins a mite.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by signal2noise

Generally, the Commonwealth countries act in a much more professional and well behaved manner compared to the USA. Australia hasn't really done anything wrong in Afghnaistan. What has America done this year alone?

Hmm:

-Piss on dead bodies and record it - damaging Taliban - USA talks, and population trust

-Burn Qurans, causing Nation wide riots - destroying the little trust that the population had in the allies, and completely shattering the talks between the USA and the Taliban.

The fact is. The USA does not act professionally during war time, and as such, results in loss.

Vietnam is a perfect example.

These stunts that the US has pulled has pretty much costed the whole Winning Hearts and Minds campaign, conducted by Australia and Britain. America stuffed it for everyone.
edit on 18-4-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

So we pissed on some enemy soldiers or bombers or idiots with pitch forks. After some of the things they have done to our troops, or even out civilians over there who cares. Is it ok to behead innocent civilians and film it? Is that better some how?

As for the Korans.. Your an idiot. That is their custom and their laws that Obama was supposedly trying to abide by. If it is written in at all it is suppose to be burned and they were sending military messages using it. They desecrated their own books

And as far as not seeing these things from the other troops its because most of the troops are ours. Send more over and I bet you see more problems.. Its called human nature and unless your troops are immune to it I bet it happens. Why is everyone so anti American.. Its pretty easy to stay out of trouble when your not there. And its pretty convenient that this stuff comes out during an election year dont you think?

Ok.. Before I get flamed for that.. I know other countries have troops over there. Point being when the majority are from one place then playing the odds you will naturally see more of one than the other.
edit on 19-4-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
It really makes me sad to see arguments along the lines of "This is what has happened forever" and "War is hell" as though that excuses desecrating HUMAN corpses. I don't give a # if they were trying to kill you, they are still human and deserve a basic level of respect once they are dead.

Making a few jokes to break the tension and regain some control over a terrifying situation is one thing, desecrating corpses is something else entirely.

Likewise for the arguments along the lines of "Well the Taliban desecrate corpses so we should too". No, that's bull#, if you want to take moral high ground then you be better than your enemies, not stoop to their level.

If war is hell and makes people do these things, THEN STOP SENDING PEOPLE TO WAR!
edit on 19-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

You are totally missing the point. The point isnt that we should just make it ok and do it all the time. The point is these are isolated incidents during wartime. The people involved will be punished but not to the extent that it ruins their lives. The point in saying that it happens in every war on both sides is to show a pattern and establish that it isnt the first time this has happened and it wont be the last time. No one is saying we should all hop on a plane and go pose with a body. But it is something that has happened, did happen and will happen again no matter how much you complain about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

True.

I know three people who have served in Afghan, one with the US and two with the UK forces, all line troops.
I've spoken with them extensively about their experiences, and how they view the situation.
Most people, back in the US or UK, have absolutely no idea about what is going on on the ground in this war.

When a story likes this get leaked there are howls of derision from some of the anti-war crowd, I'm anti-war too, but I know that the taliban are vile scumbags, not some noble 'freedom fighters' defending their homeland. And that this story is nothing compared to how the situation actually is there.

You're always gonna get the opinionated armchair expert who actually hasn't bothered their arse to look with an objective eye at the subject, they're the ones who are the most vociferous with their ignorant nonsense.

If somebody's against the war that's fine with me, I know this war is wrong, but don't be bloody naive to think that posing with dead bodies is such an awful thing, compared to the stuff that you don't see, or hear, it's wrong but it's nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
theres no conspiracy here; the same group of people posing in these pictures are are the same group of people who posed in pictures of blacks being lynched in americas history. the only conspiracy i see here is the maintenance that this group of people are not inhumane.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Ausar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
theres no conspiracy here; the same group of people posing in these pictures are are the same group of people who posed in pictures of blacks being lynched in americas history. the only conspiracy i see here is the maintenance that this group of people are not inhumane.
edit on 19-4-2012 by Ausar because: (no reason given)

See my post above yours? Third paragraph, yeah? you got it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

your reply is inept on grounds that it takes right action not the intent to do right in this present context of the world; and you are the problem. not my acceptance of you being the problem nor my testimony about how i perceive these acts are grounds for your use of american freedoms so brazen and disrespectful to the laws and rights that predicate them.

once again this is not a conspiracy this is a continued expression of debasement from some groups in america and the world; the conspiracy is that these same types of people perpetuate by any means necessary that they are members of the human race but are inhumane to all classifications they themselves have created for the purpose of my original statement.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why is it that most of the people on here that feel the need to talk about Americans as if we are all power hungry barbarians and conquerors have not listed where they are from? I am proud to be from the United Stats of America and all that it stands for because for every 2 idiots that posed with the body of an enemy in the middle of a war there are 313,391,974 Americans that didn't. Would it be fair of me to judge all other countries by the actions of a few citizens? Should I say that all Italians are bad ships captains? Or that all Norwegians are mass murderers? Or that all Brazilians are going to kidnap me and hold me for ransom? How about that all Canadians are drug runners? You guys are judging Americans based on the actions of a few kids in the middle of a war.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
reply to post by seabhac-rua

your reply is inept on grounds that it takes right action not the intent to do right in this present context of the world; and you are the problem. not my acceptance of you being the problem nor my testimony about how i perceive these acts are grounds for your use of american freedoms so brazen and disrespectful to the laws and rights that predicate them.

once again this is not a conspiracy this is a continued expression of debasement from some groups in america and the world; the conspiracy is that these same types of people perpetuate by any means necessary that they are members of the human race but are inhumane to all classifications they themselves have created for the purpose of my original statement.

Explain what you mean by "your use of american freedoms".

I'll tell you now I am not an American.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by TheTardis

True.

When a story likes this get leaked there are howls of derision from some of the anti-war crowd, I'm anti-war too, but I know that the taliban are vile scumbags, not some noble 'freedom fighters' defending their homeland. And that this story is nothing compared to how the situation actually is there.

The Taliban are not vile scumbags or President Regan would not have given them all those stinger missiles. They were proud allies, and calling them names does not change them. They are the resistance, historically a group that deserves respect for defending their homeland against invaders. Not respecting your enemy is a very big mistake.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

The Taliban are not vile scumbags or President Regan would not have given them all those stinger missiles.

Well, there's your first mistake. The powers that be will partner with anybody who they believe will advance their aims...even in the short term. Shall I provide a list of tyrants and tin-pot dictators that the U.S. has happily armed and trained...with taxpayer dollars... who are responsible for some of the most reprehensible crimes of the modern era?

Please, wise up.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Try putting yourself in the place of the invaded. Imagine they are coming for your beer and chainsaws, would you not join up with the resistance? I should "wise up" and join in on the stereotyping and name calling? Taliban is just another name for people who fight back. The entire nation of Afghanistan would gladly be Taliban to be free, if it didn't mean death from Americans. Nobody is the good guy in this situation.

edit on 19-4-2012 by earthdude because: word

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
All of this angst!!??

The Afghans love us really..

Here is a pic to prove it..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The Taliban are not vile scumbags or President Regan would not have given them all those stinger missiles. They were proud allies, and calling them names does not change them. They are the resistance, historically a group that deserves respect for defending their homeland against invaders. Not respecting your enemy is a very big mistake.

Your right.. And we quietly ignored them until they decided to hijack 4 planes and kill thousands and not just Americans. Blame whoever you want for this and I am sorry but every nation allies with people they either dont trust or know will become an enemy again as soon as whatever common goal is reached. And many times it is because there is a bigger badder bully on the street corner. That is nothing new.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Nobody is the good guy in this situation.

I agree. A-stan has broken empires and will continue to do so. Just don't go praising the Taliban as former proud allies. They were a Cold War tool, and are not simply the 'invaded'...they are scum. If you have any doubts, send your womenfolk there and see what they think.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the few decent folks left in america. your county and its people are inhumane, they have no morals no values and absolutely no up brining. a bunch of drugged thugs. soldiers are people defending their country in their country like the afgans do and you do it any way you can. terrorist is those who invade your country like america. so stop calling american people with guns in afganistan soldiers they aint. they are TERRORIST. that is what happen when you 1st vote into power a warlord in the form of bush and then a illegal immigrant. no values no pride no decency a country full of zombies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join