It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops pose with suspected Afghan bombers' bodies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

For Sale!!
24ea. Bridges in Florida
1ea Ocean Views from this spectacular property in Arizona
4ea Cactus Farms in North Dakota

Owner Carry and No Money Down. Call Mike @ BR549

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Guarding Opium fields is not so glamorous.

Neither is wiping out opposing opium factions under the guise of installing democracy.

Exactly! We go over there and try to completely change their way of life, yet we get angry and piss on their dead bodies, when they fight back against an occupying force...

How romantic.

Stop trying to glorify the taliban's reasons for fighting coalition forces, they want control that's it. The taliban are scumbags. Their leaders rape young boys as a sign of their 'manhood', they shoot women for 'exposing' themselves, they hang innocent 'progressive' types, they behead teachers, the list goes on.

I know people who have been there, I've heard first hand how the Afghan people are terrified of the taliban.
Try looking a bit deeper into the situation before you spout this crap.

War is hell, posing for photos with defeated enemy has been going on since cameras were invented.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

U.S. troops pose with suspected Afghan bombers' bodies

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The Los Angeles Times published photos Wednesday of U.S. soldiers posing with what the newspaper said were bodies of insurgents in Afghanistan -- sparking outrage and condemnation from U.S. military officials.

The two photos published by the paper are among 18 provided by a U.S. soldier, who wanted "to draw attention to the safety risk of a breakdown in leadership and discipline," The Times reported.

The military said an investigation is under way.

The photos, from incidents in 2010, represent "a serious error in judgment by several soldiers who have acted out of ignora
(visit the link for the full news article)

Doesnt surprise me ,thats what americans do,they have been doing this same trashy stuff every since the dawn of time...its no surprise what so ever.None !

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Oh boo hoo!

I sure hope I don't lose any sleep over this!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Grown men laughing and peeing on dead bodies is clearly immature, disrespectful and shows the mentality of some men.

"In Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as 'dumb, stupid animals to be used' as pawns for foreign policy." -- Bob Woodward & Carl Bernstein, The Final Days, p. 208

Sad.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Doesnt surprise me ,thats what americans do,they have been doing this same trashy stuff every since the dawn of time...its no surprise what so ever.None !

Yes we are all so evil that we will be #1 on your speed dial when whatever country your not proud enough to list is invaded or attacked by Terrorists. It must be nice to be up on that high horse.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

If it was your country being illegally occupied by another nation and the soliders were posing with body parts belonging to your mother you might see it a bit different....

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Grown men laughing and peeing on dead bodies is clearly immature, disrespectful and shows the mentality of some men.

"In Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as 'dumb, stupid animals to be used' as pawns for foreign policy." -- Bob Woodward & Carl Bernstein, The Final Days, p. 208

Sad.

Disrespectful? What planet do you live on? The only respect the taliban deserve is for their cunning and their tenacity, and in some cases their courage in the face of superior fire-power(mostly down to religious zealousness). Believe me, the taliban have zero respect for any of their enemies, the local Afghan population, who they use for human shields, and whose homes they force their way into and use as firing points. Think for one minute what happens to a captured coalition soldier compared to the other way round. Peeing on dead bodies is nothing compared to the horror of war.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
So your saying these dead soldiers were minding their own business and doing nothing wrong and our big bad soldiers came in and just killed them for no reason? Thats a pretty bold statement because if I am not mistaken they had been harboring the #1 fugitive in the world for many years. I am no expert on why we are there but this president who if anyone can remember campaigned on the fact that he was going to bring "ALL" of the troops home as soon as he took office thinks its a good idea that we are there right now. So I am going to go out on a limb and say these guys have a reason for being there and had a reason for killing those who have been killed. I suggest you talk to the soldier who just lost both arms and both legs the other day. He might be able to enlighten you on this subject.

Really I thought OBL was hiding in Pakistan when he was killed not in Afghanistan. The Taliban was funded by the US government for years. Does that make the US government complicit in the crimes that the Taliban create.

What kind of limb are you going out on that these soldiers had a reason for being there. They went there because they were ordered to be there..

Really you are going out on a limb if you think they had a reason for killing them.... I guess they had a reason for killing the 750,000 civilians in both illegal wars. Check the lancet report for the total death toll..... The only peer reviewed paper on the subject.

Yes they should bring the troops home. They should never have been there in the first place. Those that sent them should be held up on war crimes. They are installing a worldwide banking system that is what this is all about and that is what you are supporting

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

If it was your country being illegally occupied by another nation and the soliders were posing with body parts belonging to your mother you might see it a bit different....

Most fighting taliban are not from Afghanistan, they come from all over the Islamic world to fight a jihad against the 'infidels', those few who are Afghan are usually young men paid a few bucks by the local taliban honcho to take a few pot shots at coalition troops, a lot of the time getting themselves killed in the process. Your naive 'fighting to liberate their country' attitude is *(edit)* sorry, well it's noble but it's wrong.
edit on 18-4-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Yes we are all so evil that we will be #1 on your speed dial when whatever country your not proud enough to list is invaded or attacked by Terrorists. It must be nice to be up on that high horse.

What ever!
United States of American acts of terrorism on Muslim nations, 8 to 10 million Muslims dead in just 20 years.

Acts of terrorism by Muslims and all countries put together in the killing of Americans in the last 100 hundred years, a little under 20,000.

I wouldn’t embrace an act of terrorism on Americans soil, I would just say’ karma is a real bitch’ so if it happens again, why would you even be surprise.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If my mother was a taliban member trying to kill people in the name of Ala I would probably have a little different outlook and to these people if they die at the hand of their enemy they go to a nice special version of heaven and get lots of virgins to plunder. You are under the false impression that they are posing with cute fuzzy little school children they just decided to kill. That is not the case. These people were trying to kill them and this same thing has happened in ever war since the invention of the camera and you can probably find cave drawings of the same.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

People like that dont see it that way,and thats why most people like that will go straight to hell.
edit on 18-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Most fighting taliban are not from Afghanistan, they come from all over the Islamic world to fight a jihad against the 'infidels', those few who are Afghan are usually young men paid a few bucks by the local taliban honcho to take a few pot shots at coalition troops, a lot of the time getting themselves killed in the process. Your naive 'fighting to liberate their country' attitude is horse-s**t.

The Taliban are from Afghanistan...

The Taliban—from the Arabic word for student, “taleb”—are fundamentalist Sunni Muslims, mostly from Afghanistan’s Pashtun tribes. The Taliban dominates large swaths of Afghanistan and a large part of Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas.

middleeast.about.com...

I do not particularly care for the Taliban, however the Taliban are not the reason the US forces are in Afghanistan... They where put there to install a central bank and to restabilize the area

It is simple really go and have a look for yourself... In the year 2000 there were seven countries without a Rothschild owned Central Bank. Prove me wrong the facts speak for themselves..

Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

Now there are only three countries left.

Cuba
North Korea
Iran

So please feel free to continue defending the actions of a military force which is there only for money. You are defending the banking elite of the world.... Your choice... Free world.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Well I think you just proved that you have no ability to be objective in this discussion. Nothing like throwing your hatred of America right out there on front street for everybody to see, but in reality I should be thanking you because now I don't have to read any other posts you have in this thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Oh yea i'm sure Afghanistan was all about gettin Osama Bin Laden right?

If your worried about that we should be in Saudi Arabia not Afghanistan.

Let's be honest here, we're in Afghanistan to keep and eye on Iran, Pakistan and China. The taliban are just an excuse. We've been there for more than a decade and taliban are still strong as ever... I guess the term "Graveyard of the Empires" is really suitable for Afghanistan... Alexander the Great, British Empire, Soviet Union and soon the be USA.

Alexander the Great? Last time I checked he not only defeated them (with good old swords and shields even) but also reached all the way to India. He never lost a single battle and never destroyed cultures instead mixing them with his own hellenistic culture. Before going into battles he would always offer a peaceful incorporation to the empire to avoid bloodsheds.

Oh and you wouldn't have found him or anyone of his reign disrespecting the enemies like this...

Don't go putting Alexander the Great in the same line as the rest of these pathetic nations. They don't even reach the edge of his sole.

link   
Wow.. So in your minds we should have let them destroy the world trade centers and do nothing about it so that maybe then they could come back with a suitcase bomb or two or three and blow up whole cities? Or should we have retaliated for that pissing them off even more and then brought all the troops right home after poking the wasps nest and wait to see what happens next? As I said before I don't have all of the facts and neither do you but if you think we should have never gone to war in the first place you are a complete idiot. Do you need to watch the 9/11 tapes again? Do you want to talk to survivors or people that are still suffering from health related problems? How about the kids that are older now and dont remember their parents? You have to be kidding me. Pull your heads out people. I am not saying everything that has been done over there is on the up and up but once you start something you can just leave it half finished. The taliban would have taken right back over and set up shop and been right back here to bomb us. But I guess not being an American it wouldn't matter to those that are bitching about it because your safe huh..
edit on 18-4-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

link   

You are under the false impression that they are posing with cute fuzzy little school children they just decided to kill. That is not the case. These people were trying to kill them and this same thing has happened in ever war since the invention of the camera and you can probably find cave drawings of the same.

No I am under no false impression what so ever. These are human beings ordered to behave in non human ways...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

These soldiers were in no way ordered to pose with bodies so get that out of your head. As I said earlier if you read this whole thread. They are kids, kids to stupid crap, I have a couple of them. They are human and not acting any differently than any soldier back through the beginning of time regardless of what country they may be from. Thats just the facts. Like it or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I wouldn’t embrace an act of terrorism on Americans soil, I would just say’ karma is a real bitch’ so if it happens again, why would you even be surprise.

Jeez, what the hell is wrong with you people? The military industrial complex, a-hole politicians etc. are to blame for this mess, not innocent people on either side. I think the taliban are scumbags, I also think G.W and Cheney are scumbags. Any act in which innocents suffer and die anywhere should be denounced period!
Not very Christian of you eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join