It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops pose with suspected Afghan bombers' bodies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
These people were trying to kill them and this same thing has happened in ever war since the invention of the camera and you can probably find cave drawings of the same.

1500 years ago Attila and his bloodthirsty soldiers mass raped women, burned villages to the ground, killed innocent people etc etc, would it be acceptable if it occurred today?! It would be acceptable according to your twisted logic.

It is worrying how we the humans consider ourselves as "progressive species", yet we havent moved an inch away from the barbaric mindset of our ancestors.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

lol, The only thing that comes to my mind when i see these trashy people doing things like this is
the word 'Necrophiliac'.thats all i have to say.sick and disgusting.i never seen a muslim pose with a dead body and piss on it,killing whole familys and raping little girls.

There's plenty of rape going on in Afghan committed by taliban, and they do a lot worse than pee on their enemies while they are still alive, don't so naive.

SOURCE PLEASE.

My sources are people I know who served there. Taliban leaders regularly raped young boys as an act of male dominance(which is really a brutal act of repressed homosexuality). They (my colleagues) more than once came across deserted harems in which taliban kept women as sex slaves, these particular taliban were mainly involved with the cultivation and production of heroin. Like I said earlier, the taliban are nothin but a bunch of scumbags.

People who go on about how disrespectful this and dishonorable that and all that rubbish, they don't know half the story of what's going on over there and IMO are full of s**t. Mewly little bitches, who I'd love to drop straight into the hands of the taliban who they wring their soft little hands over, and see how they like the treatment they get, which would not be nice BTW, the taliban have no qualms about filming and posting online the gruesome things they do to westerners they capture, which make peeing on a dead body look absolutely irrelevant....don't believe me??? Go on live leak and see for yourselves, I f**king dare you!

BTW I wrongly assumed by your avatar you were a Christian, my bad. Your concept of karma is askew all the same

edit on 18-4-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

lol, The only thing that comes to my mind when i see these trashy people doing things like this is
the word 'Necrophiliac'.thats all i have to say.sick and disgusting.i never seen a muslim pose with a dead body and piss on it,killing whole familys and raping little girls.

There's plenty of rape going on in Afghan committed by taliban, and they do a lot worse than pee on their enemies while they are still alive, don't so naive.

SOURCE PLEASE.

My sources are people I know who served there. Taliban leaders regularly raped young boys as an act of male dominance(which is really an act of brutal repressed homosexuality). They (my colleagues) many times came across deserted harems in which taliban leaders kept women as sex slaves, these taliban were mainly involved with the cultivation and production of heroin.

TextTaliban leaders regularly raped young boys

Thanks for your source and have a nice day,im eh..uhh..umm..done.That just did it for me

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why did you use thde term "suspected"? The torso was gone indicating a body bomb. Sounds to me like you should have title this Troops Pose with Dead Bomber's Remains.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
So your saying these dead soldiers were minding their own business and doing nothing wrong and our big bad soldiers came in and just killed them for no reason? Thats a pretty bold statement because if I am not mistaken they had been harboring the #1 fugitive in the world for many years. I am no expert on why we are there but this president who if anyone can remember campaigned on the fact that he was going to bring "ALL" of the troops home as soon as he took office thinks its a good idea that we are there right now. So I am going to go out on a limb and say these guys have a reason for being there and had a reason for killing those who have been killed. I suggest you talk to the soldier who just lost both arms and both legs the other day. He might be able to enlighten you on this subject.

You are indeed mistaken.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by TheTardis

If it was your country being illegally occupied by another nation and the soliders were posing with body parts belonging to your mother you might see it a bit different....

Bingo and a star for you sir.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

agreed...

2nd

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

There is nothing left to win over... The hypocrisy of the Afghan people in situations like this is a joke and as such they have no business criticising the actions of our troops and their actions while they remain cowardly quiet about the actions of the Taliban, Al Queida and the fools who misrepresent Islam in a radical manner.

they need to apply a same standard or they need to sit down and shut the hell up.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by TheTardis

If it was your country being illegally occupied by another nation and the soliders were posing with body parts belonging to your mother you might see it a bit different....

Bingo and a star for you sir.
Regards, Iwinder

The Taliban and Al Queida are NOT all Afghan citizens. The use of that tired excuse serves no purpose and is nothing more thn an excuse to try and create a difference in the argument where one does not exist.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And the credibility of "The world's best military" continues to plummet.

The fact is. You will never see Australian soldiers, Canadian soldiers or British soldiers performing these disgusting actions. It seems that the US military acts with the upmost unprofesionalism.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

ignite ww3! thats all this is. nothing gets slipped over there that isnt meant to. this # was going on within the first years. but now we are being forcefed this when the war is over.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
HA. We are in THEIR home town. They did not try to kill some soldiers at Fort Bragg.

Nah, they killed US Soldiers at Fort Hood.

Originally posted by theendisnear69
They are defending their turf. Yet we go all the way over there to kill them, and still have the balls to piss on their soldiers bodies, and pose with their dead brothers and fathers.

Just like the Taliban did when those SEALs were killed a few years back. Took a really nice video of their bodies and of them looting them afterwards.

"Defending their turf".

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The fact is. You will never see Australian soldiers, Canadian soldiers or British soldiers performing these disgusting actions. It seems that the US military acts with the upmost unprofesionalism.

Oh, really? Seems that their was some problems with British troops in the Falkland Islands doing similiar things. Read a book called, "Green Eyed Boys".

And I think some Canadians got their junk wacked for doing something in A-stan, too. JTF-2, I believe?

And some Australians were accused of schwacking some civilians in A-stan in October 2010.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Generally, the Commonwealth countries act in a much more professional and well behaved manner compared to the USA. Australia hasn't really done anything wrong in Afghnaistan. What has America done this year alone?

Hmm:

-Piss on dead bodies and record it - damaging Taliban - USA talks, and population trust

-Burn Qurans, causing Nation wide riots - destroying the little trust that the population had in the allies, and completely shattering the talks between the USA and the Taliban.

The fact is. The USA does not act professionally during war time, and as such, results in loss.

Vietnam is a perfect example.

These stunts that the US has pulled has pretty much costed the whole Winning Hearts and Minds campaign, conducted by Australia and Britain. America stuffed it for everyone.
edit on 18-4-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It really makes me sad to see arguments along the lines of "This is what has happened forever" and "War is hell" as though that excuses desecrating HUMAN corpses. I don't give a # if they were trying to kill you, they are still human and deserve a basic level of respect once they are dead.

Making a few jokes to break the tension and regain some control over a terrifying situation is one thing, desecrating corpses is something else entirely.

Likewise for the arguments along the lines of "Well the Taliban desecrate corpses so we should too". No, that's bull#, if you want to take moral high ground then you be better than your enemies, not stoop to their level.

If war is hell and makes people do these things, THEN STOP SENDING PEOPLE TO WAR!
edit on 19-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
My first thought was so what as well when I read this story.They do it.It's not surprising our troops do it too.What the op fails to tell everyone is there's a picture of the Afghan police posing with the troops as well.But I suppose that's okay op,since they're not Americans?

www.latimes.com...

Be warned,its a bit graphic.2nd photo in the story.So it wasn't just US troops as the op suggests.
edit on 19-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It does not matter what people think of an individual, thier beliefs, thier actions, or thier way of life. It is not remotely important how many people a bomber may have killed, or who his victims were. There is but one thing that seperates a soldier from an outright psychopath, and that is the ability to do what they are sent to do, without being overcome by savagery, becoming a sick degenerate mess.

No matter what a person has done, posing with thier corpse as you would a captured carp, or resting a foot upon them as you would with a shot tiger, is amoral. I have no problem with a person who is proud of thier service, and of thier achievements whilst fighting for his nations safety ( even if we all know that that particular excuse couldnt be more of a damp squib). But I do have a problem with people reducing the act of making war, and prosecuting battle, into some hunters weekend out.

In my opinion, anyone who dishonours his nation, his comrades at arms, in such a fashion as to pose this way, should be ejected from the forces without appeal , pension, or pay off. Honour after all, is what seperates the actions of cowards and terrorists, from the actions of soldiers sent (apparantly) to bring order to chaos. Forget the funding and the better equipment, and the religious differences between the East and West for a moment. The bringing of chaos is the task of terror, the bringing of peace the aim of the ISAF forces. Why would a soldier therefore behave like this?

I think that it is high time that the people who are caught doing these things are publically punished for it. There must be an example made of those who abandon thier honour and the honour of the men and women who have fought and died before them, purely to pose for the camera in some sick parody of a hunting photograph.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It does not matter a damn what the Afghans decide to do with the dead. That is for thier own people to decide.

What matters is that foreign troops in any battlespace, have a duty to comport themselves in a way which thier countrymen back home can be proud of. That does not include reducing human remains to the level of some macabre freakshow picture.

When British military personel were involved in the torture, and not just torture, but photographic degradation of prisoners in a lock up in Iraq, we did not say "Oh well, they torture people and degrade them in Iraq, so what the hell, when in Rome and all that !" We were instead utterly disgusted, because people wearing the flag of our nation on thier arm, representing our Queen and country, proved themselves to be nothing less than a mindless pack of thugs, with no more moral fibre than the insurgents they were locking up.

We, member nations of ISAF, ought to hold all our soldiers from all the member nations, to a higher standard, both than those they fight along side, and those that they fight against. Without the moral high ground to approach a possible war from, we have no business prosecuting war at all, and if we have people behaving like this, it matters not which nation they come from, because it pulls all the nations involved down.

One cannot argue this point: It is impossible to be a decent human being, and get involved with this sort of behavior. If one is not a decent human being, then one should not be given a job which involves professional use of a firearm, nor be given a job which includes representing his nation... UNLESS of course that nation WISHES to be seen as nothing more than a group of thugs with all the moral solidarity of a grave robbing necrophiliac.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This along with all the other stories that have come out can only lead a person to one conclusion.

Satan's army. Plain and simple.

These along with the pissing on dead bodies and getting drunk and shooting up families are complete and pure evil.

Imagine what we are not been shown.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

You should do some more research before making such a blatantly false claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join