It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops pose with suspected Afghan bombers' bodies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

It happens on both sides...

Anyone here remember the video of the American that got captured and had his head sawed off with (if my memory serves me correctly) a pocket knife?

Yeah I do and that's not the only media like that...

I agree that posing with the bodies of dead Afghans is 100% in poor taste.. We however cannot forget that both sides are guilty of horrific and tasteless practices.. This particular incident is more evidence of childish stupidity than anything else..

Also let's not play the race card here.. American / NATO soldiers are every race, every color and every creed.
edit on 19-4-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
it's what you get when you take all the scum. trailer trash and dropouts you can get and give them guns and send them on their merry way. nature made them useless and penny less and homeless and stupid for reason. they ain't supposed to have anything as they can not be trusted with anything. they were supposed to die young and alone. cleansing the gene pool. i still believe was was invented by the privilege to get rid of the less desired genes in society. they just keep underestimating the ability of a collective stupidness.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

we judge cause those kids was send there by america representing america. you send # to represent you youare # and will stay #.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by real1tys8

we judge cause those kids was send there by america representing america. you send # to represent you youare # and will stay #.

And again. Bashing the US yet not proud enough to list where you are from. Let us know what country you are from so we can look at the latest news from there. I am sure it is all humanitarian and happy news. None of your citizens have ever done anything to embarrass your nation? Look at the pictures posted. Even the Aphgan police posed with the body parts.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

True.

When a story likes this get leaked there are howls of derision from some of the anti-war crowd, I'm anti-war too, but I know that the taliban are vile scumbags, not some noble 'freedom fighters' defending their homeland. And that this story is nothing compared to how the situation actually is there.

The Taliban are not vile scumbags or President Regan would not have given them all those stinger missiles. They were proud allies, and calling them names does not change them. They are the resistance, historically a group that deserves respect for defending their homeland against invaders. Not respecting your enemy is a very big mistake.

Here is a perfect example of pure unadulterated ignorance(either that or a trollus maximus).

What complete and utter crap. You cannot be serious?

edit on 19-4-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by real1tys8
I feel sorry for the few decent folks left in america. your county and its people are inhumane, they have no morals no values and absolutely no up brining. a bunch of drugged thugs. soldiers are people defending their country in their country like the afgans do and you do it any way you can. terrorist is those who invade your country like america. so stop calling american people with guns in afganistan soldiers they aint. they are TERRORIST. that is what happen when you 1st vote into power a warlord in the form of bush and then a illegal immigrant. no values no pride no decency a country full of zombies.

The morons are really comin out of the woodwork tonight.

I feel sorry for you too, I'd hate to be that thick.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

True.

When a story likes this get leaked there are howls of derision from some of the anti-war crowd, I'm anti-war too, but I know that the taliban are vile scumbags, not some noble 'freedom fighters' defending their homeland. And that this story is nothing compared to how the situation actually is there. Allow me to educate you on the fact that the USA is not in Afghanistan to help the people, it is about getting the natural resources in the whole area.

The Taliban are not vile scumbags or President Regan would not have given them all those stinger missiles. They were proud allies, and calling them names does not change them. They are the resistance, historically a group that deserves respect for defending their homeland against invaders. Not respecting your enemy is a very big mistake.

Here is a perfect example of pure unadulterated ignorance(either that or a trollus maximus).

What complete and utter crap. You cannot be serious?

So you are saying you would join up with whatever forces invaded your country, and fight the resistance? I think that is crap. I would have some respect for anyone fighting oppression. I pity people who could roll over so easily.
edit on 19-4-2012 by earthdude because: more rage against insults

edit on 19-4-2012 by earthdude because: moew

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Allow me to educate you on the fact that the USA is not in Afghanistan to help the people, it is about getting the natural resources in the whole area.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Allow me to educate you on the fact that the USA is not in Afghanistan to help the people, it is about getting the natural resources in the whole area.

Let me educate you on the fact that everybody knows that, smart guy.

My point is this(maybe reading the earlier posts might help) the taliban are thugs, no more no less. You very obviously know jack about what actually goes on over there.

This thread is about the pictures of US and ANA troops posing with the remains of a suicide bomber. And opinions about how combat troops conduct themselves in a combat zone.

My main point to you is this: your romantic idea of the taliban being freedom fighters is childish and naive, it shows that, as with many others on here, you don't actually know what you're talking about.

So, go and learn or STFU.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wasn't this just discussed on this link Here?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Let me educate you on the fact that everybody knows that, smart guy.

My point is this(maybe reading the earlier posts might help) the taliban are thugs, no more no less. You very obviously know jack about what actually goes on over there.

This thread is about the pictures of US and ANA troops posing with the remains of a suicide bomber. And opinions about how combat troops conduct themselves in a combat zone.

My main point to you is this: your romantic idea of the taliban being freedom fighters is childish and naive, it shows that, as with many others on here, you don't actually know what you're talking about.

So, go and learn or STFU.

You are just expressing an opinion you have formed. I personally have dealt with Taliban guys, and yes, they were called Freedom Fighters by most Americans at the time. They may have been the most ignorant people I have ever met, but I still respect them. I hope I can open your eyes to the absurdity of trying to make a villain out of every person under a certain flag. So they killed someone you know, me too.This does not make them the evil ones. Maybe we should just leave them alone.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

If somebody you know has died in this conflict I am sorry.

This subject makes me very angry.

Respect.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I did not miss the Afghans in the picture. I have eyes. However, they are in thier own backyard, doing as they please, and that is not my concern.

The behavior of US troops, and any British troops, or any other group affiliated with the war on terror, have a duty to represent thier nations in the best possible light, and comport themselves with some bloody decency, no matter what the hell happens to be going on around them at the time.

If you cannot grasp why this is important, then you are more than welcome to continue in your blind ignorance of the meaning of mans existance, but do not try to force your limited and intellectually stunted jingoism down my neck, because I will not swallow it.

When a force of men enter a nation from a moral high point (ie, there are terrorists, lets fix that) they must REMAIN at that moral high ground, lest they become a massive part of the problem. The way to do that is to ensure that every member of the armed services retains some bloody decency and respect for life. Other wise there is no difference between the violence of the terrorist, and the violence of the soldier. Instead of there being a clear line between right and wrong, you get muddy grey spaces. That is not acceptable.

Every service person in ISAF should be a God damned PARAGON of virtue. If they arent, they should go the hell home, because otherwise they are just going to cause bad press and more danger for people on the front lines of the battle, more threat to targets at home, and extention after extention of a war no one really wants to be fighting any more.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You are just expressing an opinion you have formed. I personally have dealt with Taliban guys, and yes, they were called Freedom Fighters by most Americans at the time. They may have been the most ignorant people I have ever met, but I still respect them. I hope I can open your eyes to the absurdity of trying to make a villain out of every person under a certain flag. So they killed someone you know, me too.This does not make them the evil ones. Maybe we should just leave them alone.

They are the most ignorant people that you have ever met...but you respect them. Okay...

They killed someone you know even...but this does not make them "the evil ones". Out of curiosity, why did the Taliban kill this person that you knew?

There just may be something wrong with your compass...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

So you are saying that I should hate every person that has any association with the taliban? That is like saying that I should hate every black person because one killed someone I know. We don't know what kind of a person those body parts belongs to. People join the Taliban to not be killed by them. We arrest any pharmacist who's medication gets to the Taliban. All the ideas and actions in this war are just plain wrong. Ignorance has become the law of the land, imposed by those who have a chance to advance, but choose to remain ignorant. The pictures are on a gore site. I am not allowed to post it here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join