It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly has Obama done? Why vote for him?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What exactly has Obama done?
Well, for a 'good' thing.... ummm... well, gosh.... oh wait, I got it... nope, I don't. You got me with this one.

Why vote for Obama?
Why vote when Diebold is still in-use? I mean who really did vote for Bush in '04?? Like seriously?!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Obama made the call...Obama got OBL...not Bush.

I keep seeing this claim that "Obama got OBL," but I have yet to see any proof of this.

Why is that?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Obama made the call...Obama got OBL...not Bush.

I keep seeing this claim that "Obama got OBL," but I have yet to see any proof of this.

Why is that?

Seal Team 6 supposedly got OBL, and got crashed in a helicopter, and made the news several more times on Obama's behalf.

The proof supposedly got trashed at sea, but not before taking many photos, which were never released.

Sure is nice to paint a picture of a boogieman, and then parade it out everytime you need funding or political rally, and then put it away for awhile, and then eventually claim to have killed the imaginary boogieman, but then also claim to have disposed of his body somewhere, but not before taking pictures, but then telling you the pictures are too gruesome.

My 5 and 4 year old would not buy this story, I can guarantee you that! They are much to savvy for me to trick them this weakly, but then again they a much more savvy than the majority of the voters anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you will find that when it comes down to it, the American public is not going to want to see the government cut.

Very few see the services the government provides as useless...however many do think that the wealthy need to pay more in taxes since they have been bailed out by the government and given tax breaks and loopholes that others haven't enjoyed.

Are you aware of how many people support the buffet rule?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree.

My favorite parts are the excuses such as the hasty "traditional sea burial" (really?) and not releasing the 'pictures' because Obama wouldn't want to "offend anyone."

Really?
This guy was allegedly the mastermind behind 9/11 (not buying that either) and the deaths of over 3,000 civilians on US soil. An attack bigger than Pearl Harbor.

I find THAT offensive.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am a Republican,and yes i must confess I vote for OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT,because the two times I vote for GEORGE BUSH,things GOT worse!!!...So now im still a Republican but my vote will be for Obama AGAIN. Iam very impressed with the BIG MESS THAT THIS COUNTRY TURN TO AND STILL OBAMA FOUND THE WAY TO MAKE IT WORK!!!.....CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Idiots support the buffet rule OBama himself even said it would not make a difference so keep nickle and diming a democgraphic in America based off lies and deception that the people who do work for their money and that is a hell of a lot of millionaires and then just blow that cash like they do the rest of the time.

When are liberals going to start acting like what the word means?

Minority RIGHTS
Property RIGHTS

What part of that does Obama and liberals not understand the only money you are entitled to are what you earn yourself not keep taking from others who can "afford".

That is not OBams descision to make it is not yours to make and it is not congresses to make that pesky little piece of paper expressly defines that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just a quick comment... I stated in the OP that I'm not a republican. I'm not even going to bother voting. I just wanted to know what people saw in Obama. In my eyes... he's done nothing. This country is about done... and another 4 years of him as president, knowing he can't run again after, is going to be insane. Buckle up.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

I think you will find that when it comes down to it, the American public is not going to want to see the government cut.

Very few see the services the government provides as useless...however many do think that the wealthy need to pay more in taxes since they have been bailed out by the government and given tax breaks and loopholes that others haven't enjoyed.

Are you aware of how many people support the buffet rule?

The Buffet rule? That's hilarious. Name it after someone who it's not going to really affect.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

And why wouldn't it effect Buffet?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Because Buffet is a tax cheat, tax evader.

www.newsmax.com...

buffet owes the IRS $1 billion dollars.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well today it looks like Romney is going to court the Illegal alien population for votes. It's truely disgusting. I had no problem with Romney, but Obama is looking more attractive in light of the illegal thing. I will NOT vote for either, I don't care, win or loose, I will vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Athin

Buffet isn't making a salary. He's living off his investments. Since investments aren't the same as an earned income(salary), they're not subject to income tax. Basically he's screaming that the taxes are unfair and we should implement the Buffet rule to look good. It won't do anything to his income taxes.

Also as Neo stated... he doesn't pay anyways.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

First of all, the gas prices remark is kinda pointless as the president doesn't have a lot of influence over gas prices...but aside from that:

- Equal pay legislation for women (as opposed to the GOP's anti-women stance)
- Student loan reform
- Healthcare for millions like in the rest of the developed western world
- Getting the US out of Iraq
- Pushing for Osama's capture...something Bush didn't manage in 8 yeas because it wasn't a priority.
- Demonstrably saved the US car industry
- Repealed don't ask don't tell
- Credit card bill of rights protecting consumers

Just to give you some ideas

He's done a few really dumb and bad things like indefinite detentions too though...but to claim he hasn't done anything good isn't honest.
edit on 18-4-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Athin

First of all, the gas prices remark is kinda pointless as the president doesn't have a lot of influence over gas prices...but aside from that:

- Student loan reform
- Healthcare for millions like in the rest of the developed western world
- Getting the US out of Iraq
- Pushing for Osama's capture...something Bush didn't manage in 8 yeas because it wasn't a priority.
- Demonstrably saved the US car industry
- Repealed don't ask don't tell
- Credit card bill of rights protecting consumers

Just to give you some ideas

He's done a few really dumb and bad things like indefinite detentions too though...but to claim he hasn't done anything good isn't honest.

After the BP oil spill Obama basically stopped drilling. You should look into that.

The healthcare is more than likely going to be ruled unconstitutional so that's a 'maybe'

The auto bailout? Really? Have they repayed the loan yet? Even with the bailout they still laid off thousands of employees. Obama needs to understand capitalism. If a car company is going bankrupt it means it's offering a product people don't want. Example? The Volt. Now people get a tax excentive just for purchasing a volt... he's trying to pay people to buy a Volt. Hilarious. GM should have went out of business. Yeah a ton of people would have lost their jobs but that's what happens when you make a product people do not want. Now it's just like we(the taxpayers) are paying employees at GM to make cars for us that we don't want. That's a perfect business model.

OBL was captured using Bushs war tactics... Obama just continued what Bush started. To say that Obama, all by himself, killed OBL... that's a strange outlook on things.

Dont ask dont tell.... yeah thats a big issue....

The top priority right now should be jobs. The economy. Obama has no idea what he's doing when it comes to creating jobs. The only reason the unemployment rate is hovering around 8 percent is because people are dropping out of the search. This is a HUGE topic you should look into. The unemployment rate is a lot higher than 8%. They're artificially lowering it just to make it seem like Obama is doing something. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

reply to post by Athin

Buffet isn't making a salary. He's living off his investments. Since investments aren't the same as an earned income(salary), they're not subject to income tax. Basically he's screaming that the taxes are unfair and we should implement the Buffet rule to look good. It won't do anything to his income taxes.

Also as Neo stated... he doesn't pay anyways.

Ummm...no...that is the whole idea behind the buffet rule.

It would create a minimum 30% tax on ALL income for those that make 1 million+. Doesn't matter if it is capital gains or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Nobody wants a money grubbing Republicans. Go chew on some money

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Man.

These debates, if you can call them that, are amusing, guys. All you "republicans" and "democrats." Where are the "Americans?" If I had to choose between R-money and 0bama, I'd probably vote for the former, but solely with the thought that maybe he can actually make the country some money instead of giving what it has away. However. I don't have to vote, and most likely won't.

Lower the tax on millionaires... raise the tax on millionaires... As if they honestly pay any taxes short of sales tax anyways
Hell, I don't blame them. The 16th Amendment and our "income" tax is a ridiculous notion, regardless of whether it was "properly" ratified. Congress was supposed to regulate government income through international commerce; not from the pockets of citizens. We pay taxes on a sliding scale according to our "income" for certain "privileges" which no relevant official has ever been recorded elaborating.

0bama signed the NDAA 2012

They who say that Section 1021 and clauses contained therein on indefinite detention/execution are "misinformation" are clearly lacking of having read the act. It's blatantly unconstitutional. 0bama's a constitutional scholar. He knew better, but signed it anyways. Signing statement's a joke. Nevertheless, it doesn't negate the fact that he broke the oath of office by signing it. No American should need any more reason than that to not want the guy as POTUS. Doesn't even matter if SCOTUS overturns it. He still signed it.

Airstrikes in Libya: definitely an act of war. Contention by force. Without congressional approval. Constitution: 0, 0bama: 2

Drone strikes: how can anyone seriously support them? Sure, they've killed a few Taliban, but along with hundreds of civilians. Also, more acts of war without congressional approval. No, 0bama wasn't the first to condone them. He still does, though. If Bush were running I would hold it against him as well.

2 witnesses and a judge to hear the trial are all should be needed to charge traitors as what they are. Too bad everyone who matters is too passive.

edit on 18-4-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

I don't even know how it became a debate for Romney/Obama.
I started the post off clearly stating I wasn't a republican and I replied somewhere else in this thread that I don't like Romney either.

People don't pay attention to the starting post I guess... the whole point of this thread was to show me what Obama voters are seeing. Why they're voting for someone who blatantly lies to the public. Bypasses congress and goes to war. Openly tells us our electric bills will skyrocket under the bill he was pushing(I think it was cap/trade). Tries to impose new/higher taxes on oil companies to fund his green buddies who keep going bankrupt(I.E. Solyndra). Wages class warfare in every address he gives.

He shouldn't have ever been allowed in the office. I would say inexperienced... but I don't think that's it. I think he knows exactly what hes doing... turning our country into China.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
No good reasons, at all. If he gets in again then you'll know that either the people are seriously dumb or it's rigged.

I vote that they are seriously dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join