reply to post by Athin
Do we need a new thread on this every few weeks???
There is a search function....try to use it.
I'm so tired of writing out responses to this stupid question...so you just get copy pasta.
So here are the reasons why, in my opinion, he has done a good job so far...and why I think he deserves 4 more years.
- Obama took office DURING a recession. He managed to get us out of the recession in a fairly short time period. You guys can argue all you
want...but "officially" the recession ended in June 2009.
- Obama implemented many programs to help out the middle class. Not all of them worked out perfectly...but their aim was to help...and they did
succeed at least partially.
- Your taxes have gone down under Obama. Like it or not...unless you made more money than you did before Obama (which would increase your
taxes)....you paid less taxes. If you paid more taxes...than you need a new accountant.
- He extended child tax credits and made fixes to the marriage penalty
- More proof the economy is recovering...the stock markets are doing very well. Companies have to secure profit before they start to think about
increasing their workforce again. The stock market doing well is evidence that things are moving in the right direction. Don't be surprised if the
unemployment rate is under 8% by election time.
- He passed Health Care Reform. Something that has been trying to get done for decades...and he accomplished it. It is not perfect...it is not what
I wanted...but it is a step in the right direction. The GOP thinks they can use this against him in the election...but what they will be telling the
American people is that they want to re-instate annual caps, pre-existing conditions, take away insurance from children and the continuation of the
status quo. Good luck with that GOP.
- He ended the war in Iraq. Plain and simple...I don't think he gets enough credit for this...but it is true that there are no more combat missions
- He killed OBL. He made the call...it was on his watch...he gets credit.
I really could go on and on...but I think some statistics would show the picture better. If you want to see all the promises Obama has kept..or see
proof of the above statements...take a look here.
But what I want to look at now is his overall performance.
Promise Kept 175
Promise Broken 63
In the Works 146
Not yet rated 2
People like to claim that he has broken a lot of promises. I don't consider 63 out of 508 ( ~ 12%) a lot.
He has fulfilled completely 34% of his promises...fullfilled fully or partially 45% of his promises.
13% of his promises have been stalled, mostly due to the change in the control of the house.
But a 28% of his promises are still in the works. If you take the promises kept, compromised, and in the works...you get 74% of promises that he has
either fullfilled or is still working on.
I am completely happy with this performance...I don't deny that there are some big things that he didn't do that I am not happy with (Guantanamo,
Public Option, Profit Tax on Oil Companies)...but they do not negate the things he has done.
The big number to me is that he is still working on 28% of the things he ran on in 2008...and since I am happy with his performance thus far with what
he has accomplished...I'd like to see him get these things (and new things) completed.
It's not hard to see that for the most part, Obama has done what he said he would do. So if you voted for him in 2008, I really don't see any reason
that you wouldn't vote for him in 2012...unless you really weren't paying attention to what he said he would do in 2008. If that is the case, that is
not the fault of Obama...that is the fault of the individual.
edit on 17-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)