It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly has Obama done? Why vote for him?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Meaningless
No good reasons, at all. If he gets in again then you'll know that either the people are seriously dumb or it's rigged.

Well I think we're all well aware that the people are lacking brain cells.

We had W in office for 8 years. Nothing was dumber or more corrupt than that presidency

In his own words: "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Obama says dumb things all the time. Do you really not realize that the media exaggerated Bush's gaffes, while they ignore or down play Obama's? You claim Bush's presidency was a bigger disaster, yet unemployment was nowhere neaqr what it is now. Gas prices where also way lower, yet the MSM generated outrage about it on a daily basis. By the way, whatever happened to all that outrage over gitmo that was so prevalent during the Bush years?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Athin

Do we need a new thread on this every few weeks???

You do realize the Iraq war ended on Bush's set time table, right? You also realize OBL was caught using techniques and information gathered during the Bush admin, using tactics Obama cried out against? You might also remember that bush inherited a recession from Clinton, which was made much worse by 9/11 and the Clinton housing bubble?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So just more empty rhetoric...no real examples of all the "evil" he has done.

Obama's negatives are well known and have been expressed on this website and others a million+ times, I would suggest you take your own advice and use the search function. Since I have some free time today I will save you the trouble and list a few off the top of my head though I expect you will reply with the standard Obama propaganda "truth squad" responses.

Obama has added $6 trillion to the national debt in his one term. It took Bush two terms to accomplish a $5 trillion increase. Despite your insistence that the credit rating was downgraded because Republicans opposed raising the debt limit, the actual stated reason why the credit rating was downgraded was because the debt is increasing exponentially.

quoted from S&P "The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case."

NDAA. Indefinite military detention, no attorney, no trial. Nothing else needs to be said. He could of easily vetoed the bill and had it go through congress again with this section removed.

He signed an extension to the patriot act despite running on a platform that attacked the Patriot act and promising that if the extension crossed his desk he would not sign it.

Libya. Obama authorized military action in Libya (otherwise known as war) without consulting congress, this alone is an impeachable offense in my eyes. His reasons for not consulting congress, he wanted to legitimize the UN... His words.

Obama care. No other president in the history of the country has ever assumed that they have the power to force american citizens to purchase a product. The federal government obviously does not have this power.

Obama has authorized the use of military drones to attack country's we have not declared war with. We are killing innocent people with these drones in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and only god knows where else.

Despite Obama claiming to be against SOPA, he went ahead and signed ACTA.

Eric Holder and the "Fast and Furious" debacle.

The Bailouts.

The seizure of GM and Chrysler, the transfer of bondholder wealth to unions, and the dumping of the GM stock at a loss

I can go on and on but I think 10 reasons make a good enough list for now.

Some people will read this and say "how could Romney be any different" Well, he won't be. We will be making a choice in 2012 between two peas in a pod. Nothing will be changing until This whole Left vs Right facade is broken and a real choice exists.

The difference between Obama and Romney is the people they pander to, nothing else. You want to talk about "empty rhetoric" just go and listen to either one of these people. How anybody could support either one of them is beyond me. Nothing could be crazier in my mind than supporting either of these two clowns.

People don't vote for presidents anymore, they vote to keep one person from being president. That is what is sad.
edit on 18-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

I'm only going to give the most simple answer to the title of your thread.

"What exactly has Obama done?"
He has increased our debt exponentially, he has apologized for our pride around the world, he has won a Peace Prize while expanding our war fronts, he has delayed the inevitable crash of our economy which will ultimately make the crash much deeper and longer, and he has renewed or expanded all of the overbearing and intrusive laws began by Bush after 9/11. He has been about as bad as he could possibly be.

"Why vote for him?"
Because McCain/Palin would likely have been even worse, and because Romney is pretty much exactly the same, except a little more power and war hungry than Obama. Plus, Romney will likely have the support of the Congress, which means he will pass even MORE overbearing and intrusive laws, and he will speed the descent of liberty and the control of government in ways unimaginable.

Plus, Obama is black, so if both candidates are basically the same, voting for the black guy is at least historic and monumental, and when SHTF, we can blame the black guy.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

reply to post by Athin

Do we need a new thread on this every few weeks???

You do realize the Iraq war ended on Bush's set time table, right? You also realize OBL was caught using techniques and information gathered during the Bush admin, using tactics Obama cried out against? You might also remember that bush inherited a recession from Clinton, which was made much worse by 9/11 and the Clinton housing bubble?

He ended combat mission much earlier than Bush's timeline and he did end the war officially. It doesn't matter who's timeline it was...he ended it.

With OBL...again...he made the call. If you claim he used intel from Bush's admin...why didn't Bush get OBL??? Obama made the call...Obama got OBL...not Bush.

What "Clinton recession"???? You can't just make things up...there was no recession during Clinton's administration. There was a recession in 1990-1991 (Bush I) and then one in 2001 (Bush II) and 2008 (Bush II again). Again...you can't just make stuff up....use facts.

You can try as hard as you want to not give credit to Obama for anything he did...but it just looks silly.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

With OBL...again...he made the call. If you claim he used intel from Bush's admin...why didn't Bush get OBL??? Obama made the call...Obama got OBL...not Bush.

You clearly don't understand how Military Intel works.
It can be in the blink of an eye, or take years to build.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Obama has added $6 trillion to the national debt in his one term. It took Bush two terms to accomplish a $5 trillion increase. Despite your insistence that the credit rating was downgraded because Republicans opposed raising the debt limit, the actual stated reason why the credit rating was downgraded was because the debt is increasing exponentially.

quoted from S&P "The outlook on the long-term rating is negative. We could lower the long-term rating to 'AA' within the next two years if we see less reduction in spending than agreed to, higher interest rates, or new fiscal pressures during the period result in a higher general government debt trajectory than we currently assume in our base case."

Yes, you kind of have to spend money during a recession...and like it or not his policies worked because we are no longer in a recession.

And yes...S&P did say it was because of obstructionist.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The agency was concerned with the "degree of uncertainty around the political policy process," Beers said. "The nature of the debate and the difficulty in framing a political consensus ... that was the key consideration."

Not about "spending"...but about the nature of the debate...like Republicans saying "let's default".

NDAA. Indefinite military detention, no attorney, no trial. Nothing else needs to be said. He could of easily vetoed the bill and had it go through congress again with this section removed.

Paranoia and mis-information.

Sorry if I don't trust the wannabe ATS "lawyers" that claim people are going to "dissapear".

I don't base my vote off of paranoid conspiracy theories.

He signed an extension to the patriot act despite running on a platform that attacked the Patriot act and promising that if the extension crossed his desk he would not sign it.

False...he never campaigned on not signing the Patriot act...he campaigned on "looking into more oversight" on the patriot act...which he did.

Is all you have is lies??? You should really get your information outside of a conspiracy site.

Libya. Obama authorized military action in Libya (otherwise known as war) without consulting congress, this alone is an impeachable offense in my eyes. His reasons for not consulting congress, he wanted to legitimize the UN... His words.

He didn't declare war...he didn't need congressional approval. He DOES have the power to use the military without the congress approval. Libya wasn't a war...airstrikes...support...in and out. Are we still in Libya???

This list is pathetic...it's a list of ATS's biggest disinformation

Obama care. No other president in the history of the country has ever assumed that they have the power to force american citizens to purchase a product. The federal government obviously does not have this power.

We will see what the SCOTUS says on this.

Healthcare is an issue...something needed to be done and he had the balls to do something despite the lies coming from the GOP about it.

This is a positive for Obama...either way the SCOTUS rules...Obama wins.

Obama has authorized the use of military drones to attack country's we have not declared war with. We are killing innocent people with these drones in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and only god knows where else.

And Romney would do this and more. So in deciding who to vote for...this is a non-issue.

I really had no problem with any of these interent bills.

People act stupid online...they had their chance to act like civilized adults...but they ruined it and now something needs to be done.

Is Eric Holder running for President???

Gun walker programs have been around since 2005...all of them have had issues...this is just more desperation from the GOP. And it looks like many have fallen for it.

The Bailouts.

Were under Bush...get your facts straight. I'm not surprised you don't know this...because it seems like you just eat up all propaganda and ignore facts.

The seizure of GM and Chrysler, the transfer of bondholder wealth to unions, and the dumping of the GM stock at a loss

And saved an American industry which is now thriving...OH NO...HOW EVIL.

That list was painful to go through.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

You clearly don't understand how Military Intel works.
It can be in the blink of an eye, or take years to build.

Right...sorry...I forgot we had super secret agents like you on ATS that knows the "real" story despite what all reports say.

All reports confirm that the decision Obama had to make was a fairly quick decision based on the new intel they had....but you guys are right....Bush got that intel

Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yep, deflect and discredit. Sure sure then.

Have you ever been involved with Military Intel gathering????

Has nothing to do with Super Secret Squirrel stuff buddy.

Common sense.

Why not go back and actually research how the Intel gathering started on OBL...
When it started and who was involved at the beginning.

Good hell, thought you were the seeker of all truth here. Didn't expect hand holding was needed.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

It doesn't matter if the intel gathering "started" under George Washington....the fact is that Obama used the intel HE had at the time and made a call.

Turns out it was a hell of a good call and he gets credti for getting OBL.

You are trying so hard to take away credit...it is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I agree with a lot of what you just said, except for the end of our recession. I don't think we've even begun our recession yet! Still, you made very good points.

Let's talk about this one though...

It is hardly thriving. It paid back the loans by getting more loans from the USDA, and it is currently operational based on a guaranteed credit, not based on its own performance. In addition to that, why would we want these industries surviving on bad business principles and outdated technology? Saving these businesses stifles creativity and innovation. If they had been allowed to fail, then a bunch of talent would have hit the street and ended up at a few dozen cutting edge companies, and some of those would have survived to bring us the next generation of automobile and business, but instead, we are left with the same old struggling goliaths not producing anything new, and the rest of the world is surpassing us.

I've been in the car industry my whole life, and the most exciting thing on the market right now is Kia! Now that is just sad!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yes, you kind of have to spend money during a recession...and like it or not his policies worked because we are no longer in a recession.

Ummm, no you don't. You saying that you do is not really proof of the contrary. And no, we are not out of the recession, unless you consider going into a depression better?

Not about "spending"...but about the nature of the debate...like Republicans saying "let's default".

The quote you based the above assertion on said nothing about the decesion to downgrade based on republicans not wanting to raise the debt limit, it quoted the inability to come to a political consensus. When you add that to the quote I gave from the S&P it becomes clear that you are incorrect. Accept it or not, your opinion means very little to me. Propaganda is not truth, no matter how hard you wish on a star.

Please... I never said Obama was going to use it. The power exist, if it didn't than why would Obama go out of his way to say he would not use it even though he signed it into law. I don't claim that people will begin to disappear but the simple fact that lawfully they now can is enough to be concerned.

False...he never campaigned on not signing the Patriot act...he campaigned on "looking into more oversight" on the patriot act...which he did. Is all you have is lies??? You should really get your information outside of a conspiracy site.

Umm, your the one lying here buddy. Here is a link to refresh your memory.

He didn't declare war...he didn't need congressional approval. He DOES have the power to use the military without the congress approval. Libya wasn't a war...airstrikes...support...in and out. Are we still in Libya???

No other president in history went to war without congressional approval. Sorry these facts are making you mad. Your propaganda is pathetic also your lack of any notion of reality. Your blind loyalty is a bit too much. Do you question anything the Obama team puts out there?

We will see what the SCOTUS says on this. Healthcare is an issue...something needed to be done and he had the balls to do something despite the lies coming from the GOP about it.

Yes, we will. The issue with healthcare is the expense. Healthcare was not an issue other than the cost... I wonder why it costs so much... could it have anything to do with the government involvement? of course not huh?

And Romney would do this and more. So in deciding who to vote for...this is a non-issue.

No duh... did you miss the part where I said Obama and Romney are two peas in the same pod? It is an issue because there is more than Two people running for president.

I really had no problem with any of these interent bills. People act stupid online...they had their chance to act like civilized adults...but they ruined it and now something needs to be done.

I am so glad you had no problem with this. unfortunately millions of other people do. The government is not our nanny, they don't get to decide how people behave on the internet. I am not surprised you did not have a problem trusting your all benevolent government.

ummm... Obama appointed Holder...

Were under Bush...get your facts straight. I'm not surprised you don't know this...because it seems like you just eat up all propaganda and ignore facts.

Yea, Bush did it too. I did not vote for Bush, I voted for Nader in 2000 and didn't vote in 2004. Bush and Obama are the same. You are trying to tell me Obama didn't participate in the Bailouts and then have the audacity to say I am spreading propaganda and ignoring facts.

Yes, very evil. He saved nothing except businesses that deserved to fail.

Good, I can tell by your apparent anger that I struck a nerve with my truth bomb. Obama's truth squad be damned you could not come up with a single logical fact based response to the entire list. I consider that a victory.

Have a good day, I know I will.
edit on 18-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Nope, never said one way or the other.

Your statement was as follows:

You either attempt to discredit Bush or place 0bama higher on his false pedestal.

You still show little knowledge in the world of Military Intel.
But, I guess praise be Lord 0bama for ridding the world of OBL.
Because after all, he did plan the mission, gather the Intel and go in with the SEAL team, just as Bush would have done.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
Can I please have a GOOD REASON to vote for Obama?

Well it's not a "good" reason, but I'd say "lack of options" is the number one reason Obama will receive any votes. It's also the number one reason his competitor will receive votes. Fact of the matter is every four years we're forced to elect some bumbling fool that none of us give a rip about. The challenge in voting is deciding which of the two bumbling fools will cause the least amount of damage before the next election cycle.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

He ended combat mission much earlier than Bush's timeline and he did end the war officially. It doesn't matter who's timeline it was...he ended it.

What "Clinton recession"???? You can't just make things up...there was no recession during Clinton's administration. There was a recession in 1990-1991 (Bush I) and then one in 2001 (Bush II) and 2008 (Bush II again). Again...you can't just make stuff up....use facts.

1. He didn't end it early and it's still going on for all intents and purposes.

2. Oh wow, he "made the call". As if that's impressive.....

3. Clinton left Bush 2 bubbles and a recession. Look it up. You're the one making up facts as you go.

www.forbes.com...

You can try as hard as you want to not give credit to Obama for anything he did...but it just looks silly.

On the contrary, I give him credit for exploding the deficit, stomping all over the constitution and continuing to get away with things that Bush was excoriated for.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
1. 5 trillion in new debt (that is not inherited debt)
2. Obama Care- the majority of Americans don’t want it and Congress doesn’t know what’s in it.
3. No realistic energy policy except to give millions to bankrupting companies
a. $47 million just to “review” oil speculators actions.
4. Class Warfare- Capitalism is under fire to be replaced by Socialism by spreading the wealth to those who don’t work from those who do.
a. No drug testing for those receiving welfare but drug testing for those working to pay for welfare.
5. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. He wants to raise that again.
6. His judicial nominations are not left wing, they are radical left wing. He makes appointments when Congress is in session pretending they are not in session.
7. Regulatory overkill. Nothing can get done because his Czars set policy without oversight. TSA is running rampant.
8. Union support. Forcing companies to succumb to union demands. Boeing is an example.
9. Illegal immigration. Stopping border states from protecting their own borders. Suing them in fact.
10. Voter Identification. Wants to halt all voter identification.
11. Fast and Furious. Still going on under his regime causing an agent to get killed.
12. Saying he will act without congressional authority if congress will not do as he pleases.
13. Admonishing the Supreme Court in a State of the Union address-attacking other Constitutional institutions.
14. Lack of Leadership
a. "We're no longer a Christian nation. "
b. "America has been arrogant."
c. "After 9/11, America didn't always live up to her ideals "
d. "You might say that America is a Muslim nation"-he cancelled the American Day of Prayer but had a Muslim day of prayer
15. Racial divisiveness
a. Launched African Americans for Obama
b. Took sides in the Henry Gates affair without knowing the facts
c. Would not see the Panthers prosecuted for the nightsticks in front of the polling place.
16. Guantanamo is still open.
17. Numerous and expensive vacations at the expense of the American Public.
18. Bailing out banks and foreign investors with TARP
19. Borrows money from China to give away as foreign aid to dictators
20. Executives from failed companies he has encircled himself with
a. Franklin Raines-Chairman of Fannie Mae when it collapsed. Raines works for the Obama Campaign as his Chief Economic Advisor.
b. Tim Howard, CFO of Fannie Mae-forced out for manipulating the books to show a stable pattern of earnings. Now Obama's Chief Economic Advisor under Franklin Raines.
c. Jim Johnson-Executive of Lehman Brothers who was forced out as CEO of Fannie Mae for hiding his salary. Johnson was hired as a Senior Obama Finance Advisor and was selected to run Obama's Vice Presidential Search Committee.
21. No budget yet after 3 years.
That’s all I can think of at the moment.

If you like those actions, you should vote for Obama.

PS. I forgot about lowering our AAA rating. Sorry
edit on 18-4-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Well first off I will tell you what he hasn't done.

Sold out to special interest groups.

Still understands that the Middle Class is the reason this country is strong, not the rich.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by sageofmonticello

And yes...S&P did say it was because of obstructionist.

The agency was concerned with the "degree of uncertainty around the political policy process," Beers said. "The nature of the debate and the difficulty in framing a political consensus ... that was the key consideration."

Sorry if I don't trust the wannabe ATS "lawyers" that claim people are going to "dissapear".

I don't base my vote off of paranoid conspiracy theories.

False...he never campaigned on not signing the Patriot act...he campaigned on "looking into more oversight" on the patriot act...which he did.

Is all you have is lies??? You should really get your information outside of a conspiracy site.

This list is pathetic...it's a list of ATS's biggest disinformation

We will see what the SCOTUS says on this.

Healthcare is an issue...something needed to be done and he had the balls to do something despite the lies coming from the GOP about it.

This is a positive for Obama...either way the SCOTUS rules...Obama wins.

I really had no problem with any of these interent bills.

People act stupid online...they had their chance to act like civilized adults...but they ruined it and now something needs to be done.

Gun walker programs have been around since 2005...all of them have had issues...this is just more desperation from the GOP. And it looks like many have fallen for it.

The Bailouts.

Yeah 100% correct.

9/10 Economists think that congress should have spent more money to boost the economy. Obama did what he could.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
reply to post by Athin

Well first off I will tell you what he hasn't done.

Sold out to special interest groups.

Still understands that the Middle Class is the reason this country is strong, not the rich.

Now that is funny.
Had a chance to peruse the White House sign in book for the last several years?
Had a chance to hear of any of the many scandals over the last year or so??

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

1. He didn't end it early and it's still going on for all intents and purposes.

What world do you live in??? The Iraq war is over...don't lie to yourself.

2. Oh wow, he "made the call". As if that's impressive.....

He gets the credit...glad to see you agree with me.

3. Clinton left Bush 2 bubbles and a recession. Look it up. You're the one making up facts as you go.

No, there was no recession...the article you linked doesn't even say there is a recession...it is a "what if" article.

I listed the most recent recessions...again....you are just making things up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join