It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly has Obama done? Why vote for him?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Every sentient being on the planet knows that Obama is big time NWO

And Romney isn't? Who the hell do you think would be writing every policy of a Romney administration?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Athin

Obama has also presided over two key events.

The credit downgrade and the end of NASA.

To take America out of the space race is reason enough never, ever, to vote democrat or Obama again.

The reason for the downgrade was said to be that Congress had a hard time getting a deal done to raise the debt ceiling...hmmm...who's fault was that???

Republicans being obstructionist is what got our credit downgraded...don't act like S&P didn't quote this as fact.

The Shuttles were scheduled to be retired long before Obama took office...and there was never plans for a reliable new shuttle to take it's place. What did you want Obama to do...continue to use outdated and dangerous equipment?

Honestly...if this is the best you have to paint Obama negatively...well Obama should be feeling pretty good right now.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
I just have to bail on this thread as the shill sirens are so loud my head may explode! Later.

People start making sense and you run away.

I would run away too...you can't seem to form an logical response to facts being presented.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You mean the democrat led senate (and house up to 2010)?

We're dealing with a man who's vision for America is vastly different than what's expected from a "leader".

I don't like the constant racial tensions and issues since he's become president. I feel more uncomfortable now, been called more names in the time Obama has become president than any time before that.
Bigot, race-traitor, racist. . . . yeah, a real uniter we have in POTUS.

I also don't like the class warfare and demonizing of successful people. There is such a polarity in America now. But what would you expect from a community organizer? He thrives on divisiveness.

Our foreign policy is in shambles as well. When he's not apologising, he's making inconsistant decisions on friends and foes alike.

Not to mention growing government exponentionally.
People on foodstamps increasing exponentionally.

You may want his brand of presidential cereal.
You're welcome to vote for him again.

I'll be voting for Romney.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So just more empty rhetoric...no real examples of all the "evil" he has done.

Got it...blind hate of a man for no good reason.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by beezzer

It's not empty rhetoric.

People vote for someone to whom they might benefit from.

I would not benefit from having Obama in office for another 4 years.

Obama isn't evil. He's just wrong. Wrong for me. Wrong for what I envision Americas' leader should be.

He want's America to go "direction A".

I want to go, "Direction B".

How is that empty rhetoric?
edit on 17-4-2012 by beezzer because: typos

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's empty because you provide no detail or specifics.

Just "he is wrong".

Please explain what direction Romney wants to take us and how that is going to benefit you...I would love to hear that.
edit on 17-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Just "he is wrong".

Please explain what direction Romney wants to take us and how that is going to benefit you...I would love to hear that.

Hey...he provided plenty of unsubstantiated anecdotal evidence. Obama is wrong, just take his word for it.

Oh and apparently it's Obama's fault people in America are racially divided - why should the people be responsible for anything when you can just blame the president??

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Just "he is wrong".

Why does anyone need specifics?
Why do I need to justify MY needs/wants/goals?

Obama is taking the country in a direction where I don't want to go.

Peple vote FOR Obama because it benefits them.

I'm voting for Romney because he says he'll shrink government, reduce spending, repeal Obama's healthcare Act.

That's more in line to where I want to go.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Give me a good reason why people should vote for Romney? I don't care for Obama but I sure in hell wouldn't vote for someone that is so far removed from understanding the average American worker. Romney is part of the corporate elite in this country. Just because people don't care for Obama's policies, doesn't mean voting Romney in would put this country back on track.

All I see here on a daily basis is people attacking Obama because they want to see him out of office. We've had 2 presidents in the past 12 years and it seems like more people have complained about Obama than when Bush was in office. Everyday there's a post on how Obama's stimulus didn't work or how he bailed out the banks, blah, blah, blah.

Let me refresh everyone's memory. Before Obama took office, Bush called a press conference which was televised on all the major networks. He clearly stated he supported bailing out the too big to fail banks. So if you're a conservative, you really don't have anything to complain about since a republican president left the dirty work for the incoming president.

Does everyone remember the savings and loan scandal? The Bush's all had inside connections with that scandal. Lets not forget Bush initiating the Patriot Act that has slowly chiseled away our freedoms. Before it was considered a crime for the government to check out what type of book you checked out of a library. Now that's just a thing of the past. Now they're listening in on conversations, accessing e-mails, strip searching people without any probable cause, I can go on and on.

Obama is part of the same political system that a lot of posters here think is separate from the republican party. Obama is continuing on the same policies that the previous republican administration put into affect. So how is it that people can complain about Obama when a lot of the previous policies never changed? We talk about people being sheepish, but man I swear a lot of posters here really still don't get it.

Let's not exaggerate the fact that Obama hasn't done anything good. Here are some things that have directly affected me and I'm sure a lot of other people.

-"Some" parts of his healthcare plan that have already taken affect have been beneficial such as, allowing college graduates to stay on their parents health insurance til age 26. I think this was tremendously beneficial for college students who need healthcare coverage until they could find a job that offers healthcare benefits.

-Allowing those people with per-existing medical condition to get healthcare coverage. (Does anyone really think people who have per-existing condition should be denied medical coverage and just die?) Sounds inhumane to me. -

-Disposing of lifetime cap on medical insurance. (So it's humane to just tell people, oh well you reached your lifetime limit, now just wait to die :puz

-The elimination of hand writing records and implementing technology. I've personally have seen this change during my visit with my doctor. He can access my past medical history much quicker than leafing through pages of written records in a folder. (I don't know why hospitals and doctors didn't initiate this along time ago! )

-Credit Card Reform Law-
-Credit card companies can no-longer raise interest rates on existing balances. (How many people who use credit cards would be against that?)

-Credit card companies are no longer allowed to charge a fee when you exceed your credit limit. (Kind of nice banks have to stop charging fees, they make enough money off our interest alone!)

-Card issuers are required to give 45 days' notice before raising interest rates. (Before this bill was passed I'm sure a lot of people like myself were surprised how sneaky banks would raise their interest with little notice).

-Card issuers must now apply higher interest payments to smaller balances first. (Another way banks were robbing you of your money). There's more but you can do the research yourself.

-He killed the supposed master mind of 9/11 and increased drone attacks on terrorists who were using Pakistan as a safe haven. (Although I despise any war and the killing of human life, I would think most neocon conservatives would have rallied behind the president on this. Except since he was a democrat, the argument is Obama wasn't killed and the drone attacks didn't kill terrorists.
)

-Supporting stem cell research

So I guess Obama has done some good things, you need to give credit where credit is due and keep your party bias from clouding what is actually true. Rant is now over.

edit on 18-4-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Do you guys still bother voting?
Surely it doesnt matter who you vote for, they are all mindless puppets at the end of the day.. What was the last good thing a president did for the U.S. Clinton was no role model, Bush was a comedian and Obama is black
(Clearly A Joke) but seriously Obama hasnt done much either, which brings me to the actual topic... What has he done? Apart from increase your countries debt by millions and continue to let your soldiers get blown up by IED's in pointless wars.. I thought Obama would be a good thing for the U.S. but im yet to see him do anything worth noting, but then again, I'm not American, so I don't follow his presidential progress..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Evil as in "walking" US arms to drug cartels in Mexico to murder of hundreds if not thousands of people in the Fast and Furious Operation to decry the need to restrict/eliminate our right to bear arms. There is plenty of blood on this Administration's hands and Obama will not get re-elected.

as if that were the only thing:

GSA scandal proves Fast & Furious is ‘tip of the iceberg’

Continue reading on Examiner.com GSA scandal proves Fast & Furious is ‘tip of the iceberg’ - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com...

I'm going to be the "Fast and Furious In Your Face" Lady from here on out OutKast Searcher.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I feel that there is no choice but to vote for him, the opposite party is so negative and so not in touch with the populace unless you are the wealthy few, there remain few choices. That said, either party is nothing but a front for the corporations so why even vote?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Athin

Obama has also presided over two key events.

The credit downgrade and the end of NASA.

To take America out of the space race is reason enough never, ever, to vote democrat or Obama again.

the credit downgrade was caused by house republicans
republicans ended funding for NASA

pretty clear to me...and besides, in my opinion, the republicans caused the economic downfall of america, and someone actually wants to put them back in control? why?...because they didn't finish the job?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Just "he is wrong".

Why do I need to justify MY needs/wants/goals?

Obama is taking the country in a direction where I don't want to go.

Peple vote FOR Obama because it benefits them.

I'm voting for Romney because he says he'll shrink government, reduce spending, repeal Obama's healthcare Act.

That's more in line to where I want to go.

"people vote for Obama because it benefits them" no kidding? really?... as opposed to voting for republicans who DO NOT benefit them. only republican voters do that
edit on 18-4-2012 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

He will have more freedom to act on principle in his second term when not having to campaign for reelection.

Plus he isn't a socially backwards Republican.

Also, you people think that stuff is bad now but really this is just par for the course. Our political system has been like this since Washington left office. It is no worse than it was in 1812.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

The Gun Walker projects started in 2005...the only blame in the recent debacle is the ATF agents who screwed up and possibly Holder for either approving a bad plan or unknowingly approving something he didn't understand.

Fast and Furious has no traction...which is why you only hear Fox News brainwashing the more naive about it.

So go ahead...continue on with that...while we talk about the important issues like the economy, health care, and jobs. You will have a lot of company with other people screaming about non-issues like Birthers and people that think Obama is a Muslim.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well I guess that says it all right there.

I didn't realize Obama was going to have such an easy time...but when this is all you got...one of the most outspoken anti-Obama ATSers...it just makes me

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

What has he done to garner votes again?

He simply showed up. That is it.

Owe yeah, I forgot. He hit all the Liberal Mantra Talking points. Evil rich, Oil is bad, Evil rich, Govt to solve all your woes, Evil rich.

Cult of personality.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Well I guess that says it all right there.

I didn't realize Obama was going to have such an easy time...but when this is all you got...one of the most outspoken anti-Obama ATSers...it just makes me

Are you new here?

If you want specifics, just read the threads. I don't feel that I have to regurgitate everything Obama's done wrong to satisfy some curious need that you may require.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join