It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism: Evolution?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i think blaming vaccines is an example of the difference between association and causation.

autism is usually diagnosed within the first few years of life. this is the same time vaccines are given. they're convenient to blame, but this does not mean the two have anything to do with one another.

i read a figure somewhere that said in the first few years of life, the brain makes around 10,000 synapse connections per second. autism is a neurological disorder, and because children have such high brain plasticity (those on the autistic spectrum have extra plasticity throughout their whole lives), it isn't unfeasible that within a few days a child could go from "normal" to displaying autistic traits.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First I thought i should just point out that the "Next evolutionary step" concept are not as simple as many make it out to be. The popular understanding that humanity will always develop further as a whole would be a miracle against laws of nature or at least quite remarkable. Just to clarify for those who misinterpret the concept.
(if unclear, google "evolution tree" and study the branch structure)

reply to post by bulldetector

I can't even see the logic behind the existence of the word devolution in relation to evolution. Would not any triumphant step within - survival of the fittest - be the best choice and any "fact" at any earlier point in time be subjective relation to certain branch?

--

To add some new thought to the discussion I could also point out that the nature of species does not rule out diversity through specializing as taught about bee's and ants. For what it's worth the adhd vs autism spectrum subject could get some more research ideas.

I have not yet found myself to fully support any theory in relation to autism spectrum due to lack of data and results, but it is near and dear so further research will always come knocking.

And by the way, communication may in certain situations be less of a problem for many. Often relatively good between autistics themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowBase
First I thought i should just point out that the "Next evolutionary step" concept are not as simple as many make it out to be. The popular understanding that humanity will always develop further as a whole would be a miracle against laws of nature or at least quite remarkable. Just to clarify for those who misinterpret the concept.
(if unclear, google "evolution tree" and study the branch structure)

reply to post by bulldetector

I can't even see the logic behind the existence of the word devolution in relation to evolution. Would not any triumphant step within - survival of the fittest - be the best choice and any "fact" at any earlier point in time be subjective relation to certain branch?

--

To add some new thought to the discussion I could also point out that the nature of species does not rule out diversity through specializing as taught about bee's and ants. For what it's worth the adhd vs autism spectrum subject could get some more research ideas.

I have not yet found myself to fully support any theory in relation to autism spectrum due to lack of data and results, but it is near and dear so further research will always come knocking.

And by the way, communication may in certain situations be less of a problem for many. Often relatively good between autistics themselves.

Fantastic input, star.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by Romekje

Autism is the next step in evolution like fat people are the next step in evolution during a famine.

I seriously hope you were kidding.

I wasn't. In a world where food is disappearing, it will be the fat people that survive. I don't think the skinny people are going to get that far.
edit on 18-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

For survival you dont need 3 meals a day.

You've clearly never been hungry.

Obesitas, like autism, imo hampers someone's ability to survive, not enhances it. As such it goes against the very core of evolution.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Autism is the next step in evolution like fat people are the next step in evolution during a famine.

I seriously hope you were kidding.

I wasn't. In a world where food is disappearing, it will be the fat people that survive. I don't think the skinny people are going to get that far.

For survival you dont need 3 meals a day.

You've clearly never been hungry.

Obesitas, like autism, imo hampers someone's ability to survive, not enhances it. As such it goes against the very core of evolution.

Clearly you've never heard of Native Americans surviving because the fattest were the one's more likely to survive a famine, which could partially explain why a lot of modern Natives are on the heavier side.

EDIT: I don't even think you have a clear idea of what evolution is. It's just change based on your environment.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Sorry, that's not evolution.

How about: mutagenic adaptations which provide better chances of personal survival and procreation; else survival of the species as a whole.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by satron

How about: mutagenic adaptations which provide better chances of personal survival and procreation; else survival of the species as a whole.

It's watered down, but I'm saying pretty much the same thing you are. Why do you disagree?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Star and flag

I have a 17 yr old son with autism, he shows all the signs you mentioned, goes to a special school but has never been diagnosed, specifically, with autism.
That in itself has made it very hard for me to "learn" his "ways" when there is no specific label for him that could help me.

I've always wondered about how children have changed so much, the way they perceive the world, their attitude towards their elders, not saying so much that they're bad, but certainly more "mature" for their ages.
I tend to class them as the "digital kids" since their lives and friends are stored on a micro sd card in a mobile phone.
I believe as a race, we have both a group as well as an individual conscientiousness which is being attacked by the media and the likes. The youth these days connect more with each other on a digital level than a conscience level and that, I believe can only lead to machine minds...... info only, no feelings attached.

I'm probably way off the mark here, but certainly what you bring up in the op needs a much deeper study, the old saying, were there's smoke, there's fire holds true here.

Regards

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

It's watered down, but I'm saying pretty much the same thing you are. Why do you disagree?

Because too many other things fit the definition you provide, and you said so after trying to call someone else out for not knowing what evolution was. It was ironic, so I had to poke at ya

edit on 18-4-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Because too many other things fit the definition you provide, and you said so after trying to call someone else out for not knowing what evolution was. It was ironic, so I had to poke at ya

edit on 18-4-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

Ok, I'll give it to you, it was ironic.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ok, let's take it a step further....now 1 in 88 with Autism......extrapolate the numbers.......how long before it gets to 100%?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

It's an interesting idea, but nearly every kid I know watches some TV and they haven't all become autistic. Besides, as others have said, evolution is a process that takes thousands of years, not just eighty.

That said, when it comes to having kids these days, my rule of thumb is:-

"If we didn't have it 50 years ago, then after being on this planet for 100,000 years already, we probably don't need it today. There are LOTS of things that have come into our environment that could be a cause for autism.

1) Vaccinations. Many diseases were already on the decline when vaccines were introduced. Yes, there are some pretty bad diseases out there, but their mortality rate was still relatively low. When was the last time you heard of someone having Scarlet Fever? We don't have a vaccine for that! And yet it was declining at a similar rate to Measles. We have a vaccine for that, and it is still around. In 1980, the average ten-year-old received NINE vaccinations since birth. Today, that figure is THIRTY-SIX! We've gone vaccine crazy!!

2) Ultrasounds. Modern ultrasounds were developed for testing rivets on ships. When it was discovered that X-Rays damaged babies (yes, they REALLY used to X-Ray pregnant women!!), some bright spark tried the rivet-tester on pregnant women. No immediate bad effects were seen, and so it still carries on today. Think of it like this - you can buy an ultrasonic cleaner to shake grease and dirt off your jewellery, but have no qualms about using similar frequencies at similar strengths pointed at your unborn fetus. Fact:- There have NEVER BEEN any clinical trials into ultrasounds or their possible after-effects. Brilliant!

3) Sugary diets. When I was a kid, a Coke was a once-in-a-rare-occasion treat. Now it features as a part of the DAILY DIET of many kids! Get a grip, people!

4) Fluoridated water - Wasn't around eighty years ago. Now it is.

5) Epidurals - Weren't around eighty years ago, most women go for them these days.

6) Aging mothers - Thanks to TPTB, life in this world means that both married partners must work to pay the over-inflated mortgage on their home, meaning that many women put off kids until their late thirties - almost 20 years after their prime child-bearing years.

So, rule of thumb, people, IF IT WASN'T AROUND FIFTY YEARS AGO, WE DON'T NEED IT TODAY!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
No offense or anything but you seem like countless other parents of children with mental problems that are trying to convince themselves that their kids are special. All parents think their kids are special when most of them aren't special at all. If everyone was special then special wouldn't exist and that would make everyone mundane

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kail918
No offense or anything but you seem like countless other parents of children with mental problems that are trying to convince themselves that their kids are special. All parents think their kids are special when most of them aren't special at all. If everyone was special then special wouldn't exist and that would make everyone mundane

All children are special.
Do you have any?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kail918

What a callous hateful remark. Every human being is special in his or her own way.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Actually, it seemed pretty level-headed and to the point.

I didn't see any hate or callousness in the statement.

This is the definition of special:

distinguished by some unusual quality; especially : being in some way superior
Link

The post made sense to me.

Special implies rarity.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by Kail918

All children are special.
Do you have any?

no i don't and when i have them i'm hoping that i'll be able to reckonize that my kids aren't special if they arent.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by Kail918

What a callous hateful remark. Every human being is special in his or her own way.

like i was saying, if everyone is special then that means no one is special. you are just making my point.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eonpeon

"If we didn't have it 50 years ago, then after being on this planet for 100,000 years already, we probably don't need it today. There are LOTS of things that have come into our environment that could be a cause for autism.

Are you saying we didn't have Autism 50 years ago?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

1) Do you know some children who have autism never had vaccines?
2) This is a speculative thread.
3) I don't see any stereotyping here, as many people who have responded have children with autism or are in the spectrum themselves.
3) This can't be dis-info if there is no explanation for Autism in the first place, this is simply an idea to discuss.

Hey.

>Do you know some children who have autism never had vaccines?

Huh?

Kids who don't have innoculations, NEVER get autism, (or sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) or...) ALL kids who have autism have been vaccinated.

Ding. Ding. Ding... You seeing a pattern... yet?

>'This can't be dis-info if there is no explanation for Autism in the first place'

You can tell yourself whatever NONSENSE you want to believe...

I'm sorry I have no other response...

I see this a LOT. Absolute denial.

There is the guy... Full bird colonel. Has this beautiful 13 year old boy with the most magnificent eyes... in diapers. He has chronic diarrhea. He has absolutely no control over his bowels. He has constant, incredibly painful and SUDDEN cramps... AND diarrhea. Lots of diarrhea.

I tell him I can have his son out of diapers... in just a FEW days.

It's ridiculously simple. Get rid of the Candida with a simple regimen of wormwood combination. When the yeast infection subsides, refire his bowels up with yogurt mit accidophilus, just like he is a newborn. Tada! Bowels start magically working. Potty training to follow. Usually in just days!

Do the math!

Tiny problemo. This guy is different. He, like you ValentineWiggin, knows MUCH more than I do...

I'm not an MD...

All I can do is shrug, tell him to 'Take care' and walk away... snickering, yet sad.

There is NO cure for stupidity.

The words somehow... simply... DO NOT REGISTER.

It's your life. It's your kid. I get it.

Sure, I get that you don't want to engage on the concept that the MDs you trusted brain-damaged your child...

For NO other reason that maintaining the MYTH of modern medicine...

Not to mention the obvious parental guilt...

And the NEED to assign it to something else... ANYTHING else.

That's fine.

I solve problems. It's what I do...

Can't help you if you've taken up permanent residence in Denial.

The Amish don't get innoculations.

They have no occurances of autism. As in none. You know, the proverbial ZERO!

The logic of 'sets' is junior high math.

It doesn't get ANY simpler than that.

There is NO evolution happening. Sorry.

If you ever need any help with your kid's problems.... diarrhea, self-stimulation loops, split-vision (a symptom of many food groups getting converted to morephine type compounds. They are TOTALLY STONED baby!
)... Whatever.

Their solution, like all TRUE knowledge, are simple fixes.

Just ask.

Take care.

edit on 26-4-2012 by golemina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join