It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac hologram performs at Coachella

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I want my holodeck or just a holoroom, looks like trek got another one.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

For some reason it makes me think about doubtfull Thomas in the story when he puts his finger in Jesus' hand to feel there are holes from the cruisfixtion in it.

If Jesus was a hologram...then....you know what I mean.

Bit off topic but still....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Incredible technology.

though, resurrecting his image and playing around with it is #ing weird.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Now bands can perform once from a single location and have it stream live to stages around the world via realistic holograms.
edit on 17-4-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Hologram, 2d projection... that wasn't even my main point... oops for calling it 3d?

yeesh. Spaz out much?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

thank god, a sane person.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's good, but not that impressive, last year I went to a concert like this, and it displayed a holographic girl singing, yet the holographic girl was the Japanese Vocalized artist, Miku.

Just a simple projection that's all and in person it's not that impressive, though it's still fun. Technology for such has been around for a long time. Youtube it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Seriously? That would really bother you? You and John were friends or something? Over reacting.

Yes I definitely would, I believe anyone who appreciates his work would have a problem with that.. Any musician with integrity certainly would anyway!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by othwald
I don't know what the big deal is, he been a Hologram before...

LMAO! i was just watching that movie last night and thought of the same exact thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

Originally posted by othwald
I don't know what the big deal is, he been a Hologram before...

LMAO! i was just watching that movie last night and thought of the same exact thing.

LOLL, that is indeed awesome.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

A hologram is projected in air

A projection needs a screen to be projected on.

If there's no screen (can be invisible though) it's a hologram.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
If tupac was still alive... he wouldn't of approved of this at all.

what a shame... a man fighting against the system and calling them out in his own way... now he's being used in what he was stood up against.

You must not understand the music industry......

Tupac WAS the illuminati. When you have millions of fans watching every move you make - this is power. Power of influence. I love Pac, but the majority of his songs were about violence, sex and drugs. He may have dissed Religion in his song "Blasphemy" off the album he named Killuminati.....but this doesnt mean we have to fall for the hoax of him being "shot" and anti-elite.

Coincidence that he disses the Illuminati, then gets killed with no shooter found? Or just a fear tactic.......

For all we know, Tupac is alive right now, and Snoop Dogg was 100% comfortable up there on stage because he still see's Pac all the time.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

A hologram is projected in air

A projection needs a screen to be projected on.

If there's no screen (can be invisible though) it's a hologram.

if the screen is invisible then there is a screen and thus it's a projection.

I don't believe one second this is real 3D.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm no rap fan (metal is my thing), but I will admit that I'm a small fan of Tupac. That being said, the video of this performance left me with this weird disturbed feeling that I haven't been able to shake all day. I'm well aware that this was a projection, but its the fact that for the first few seconds of the performance (when Tupac first appears) looked so real to the point that my mind couldn't believe what I was seeing. I even texted my friend, who's a big Tupac fan, about the video and he said that he found it more disturbing than it was thrilling. I may just be overreacting a bit, but I just can't help but feel a little off about this technology. On one hand it's really interesting and makes me still excited for the future, but on the other hand it leaves me questioning the implications of what this tech could bring (and I'm not talking BlueBeam nonsense).

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
There was no hologram, move this to the HOAX. the nation was fooled. It was just a PROJECTION. If you disagree, show me a side view of Tupac there.

2D, 3D idk what it is, but you wanted a side view of Pac here it is. Dont forget CNN called it a hologram as well.

CNN link

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Re-post

Check out what CNN had to say about the Tupac Hologram..

Not only did they mention them using this technology during the Obama election coverage with Black Eyed Peas Will I. Am., but they said that Mariah Carey used this to perform in 5 locations in Europe simultaneously (WOW).

CNN on Tupac Hologram

and here's Mariah Carey's hologram concert

Mariah Carey Hologram Concert in 5 Cities
edit on 17-4-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Rolling Stone clears things up:

Digital Domain, the company that produced the effect, told the Wall Street Journal that the holographic Shakur is a purely digital creation. "This is not found footage. This is not archival footage. This is an illusion," he said. "This is just the beginning. Dre has a massive vision for this."

Though the virtual Tupac has been widely described as a hologram, it is in fact a 2D image projected to appear as a 3D effect. To achieve this, a digital image of the Tupac animation was projected onto a reflective surface on the floor of the stage, which then bounced on to a piece of Mylar that reflects the image while appearing otherwise clear. When Snoop Dogg appeared to be rapping along with Tupac, he was standing behind the Mylar screen.

Again, 2D, 3D, whatever it is, its impressive. They say its not found footage from the past........maybe Pac is still alive and helped in its development?

According to the paper's sources, the rappers are in the process of discussing logistics for a joint tour that would regularly feature the hologram.

They are having too much fun with resurrecting a dead persons image. This makes me think he was never dead to begin with. Also, why do they call it a hologram throughout the article, than in the last paragraph say it WASNT a hologram?

Rolling Stone
edit on 17-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

Pretty sure poster was asking for a side shot, like from the side of the stage. Not a side shot of the projection itself. The point being made was that it requires looking at it from the front, since it is not a real hologram but a projection.

A for effort though. Your leet screen capping skills may be necessary in other places make sure you stick around lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

No from the side of the stage, not when he turns, they didn't even sync the movements, he appears to slide.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

This is nothing like 'project bluebeam', it's project mirror reflecting an image on a stage, it's not starwars hologram technology, it's ancient caveman reflecting an image on a mirror, it's the haunted house at disneyland technology, the interesting part is the CGI, it was a good model, but I believe Dr. Dre paid too much, he paid around 400k, there is talks he will be using it on tour, probably to pay it off.....

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join