It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project: Bluebeam is a go.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
lol at making the hologram in better shape than tupac himself

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's not a hologram. It's a projection onto a piece of plexiglass.

They use the same type of technology on the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland.
edit on 16-4-2012 by onewithall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That was awesome!!

I use to jam out to some Tupac back when he was alive. My mother didn't like it too much but now she can't take my tapes

This is the kind of stuff that really makes you wonder. What is this going to really be used for?

Something like this could be used in a negative way and that just takes all the fun out of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Tupac, the illuminated one...

Shakur, who was shot dead in 1996, was able to delight (and terrify) the crowd courtesy a New York-based special effects company called MPC.
arts.nationalpost.com...

"We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre's vision to bring this back to life," said Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, the San Diego company that created the hologram.
rapfix.mtv.com...

According to a spokesperson for Dre, the lifelike image of Shakur was created by Hollywood effects house Digital Domain
www.mtv.com...

The technology behind the Shakur “performance” was provided by a British company called Musion,
www.wired.com...

etc. etc.

So who is behind the curtain pulling the strings?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I understand that there could be impersonations and they can CGI the his movements and ect, but the fact that its SO perfect is what really creates this whole conspiracy about holograms, and the fact that maybe he's still alive? Because check this, 2pac wasn't around at the time Coachella started, so how did he said "what the **** is up coachella?!"?? To add, he never performed his first song "Hail Mary" live, ever....So there's a lot of conspiracies on different subjects with this event. ALSO keep in mind, this 3d/hologram image is made by a company, and amateurs make the same material.....WHO knows what type of technology the government has.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Its not really new tech. Musion Systems did the Gorillaz's at the Grammy Awards in 3D 6 years ago. Even Madonna is in 3D at that show.

And the launch of Virgin media in 2006

Holographic 3D Digital Projection Explained

edit on 16-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLLest

This is a perfect example and demo of bluebeam, where they want to holographically fake the second coming of Jesus Christ and I believe an Alien Invasion. This was performed perfectly, the hologram seems so life-like in the first video, its pretty creepy if you ask me.

You consider that convincingly lifelike.

Wow.

Even though it in no way looks real.

wow.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

This is a perfect example and demo of bluebeam, where they want to holographically fake the second coming of Jesus Christ and I believe an Alien Invasion. This was performed perfectly, the hologram seems so life-like in the first video, its pretty creepy if you ask me.

You consider that convincingly lifelike.

Wow.

Even though it in no way looks real.

wow.

For what it is, yes it is life-like, maybe your just to skeptic and picky.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by iLLest

Works fine on a stage where all external factors are controllable.

Tell me, how well will this work in the sky where there are clouds, planes, helicopters, airships, the moon, stars, planets, the sun, birds, bats, balloons, kites and all sorts of other things up there to wreck the illusion?

Anyone who actually stops and thinks about it would realise just how stupid an idea it is...

No offence.

There is no denying the tech exists. And if it were developed at a high military level im sure they have thought of ways to allow it to show up in the sky. Some people believe this is what the chemtrails are doing, spraying unseen objects allowing the holograms to be seen, from satellites. Have you seen what china did at the last olympics? And that was from the ground..

On another note.. as good as this looks, it is clearly a hologram. The only people that would fall for this are the same people that fall for obvious cgi ufo vids.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is nothing new. It was used at the MTV music awards 5-6 years ago and grammys

Musion Systems - Creators of the Gorillaz Hologram. MTV Europe Awards marked the first live performance of Gorillaz, using the Musion Eyeliner System to beam three-dimensional holographic style performing cartoon characters on stage. Their appearance at the MTV Awards 2005 in Lisbon was billed as the 'world's first 3D hologram performance' and was one of the highlights.

Plans were unveiled for Gorillaz to go on a "holographic" world tour in 2007 and 2008.[31] The cartoon members would be shown as virtual characters on stage using Musion Eyeliner technology, giving them a life-like appearance on stage. The virtual characters were first used at the 2005 MTV Europe Music Awards on 3 November 2005[32] and again at the 2006 Grammy Awards on 8 February 2006 with the addition of a virtual Madonna, where the band played a pre-recorded version of "Feel Good Inc."[33] However, the tour was eventually called off due to budget issues. Jamie Hewlett has stated that "...it was extremely expensive, extremely difficult, a million and one things can go wrong, every second that the thing's playing.

en.wikipedia.org...

They are rendered as cartoons and Tupac more realistic. Same concept, same idea, similar technologies

edit on 16-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Its not really new tech. Musion Systems did the Gorillaz's at the Grammy Awards in 3D 6 years ago. Even Madonna is in 3D at that show.

Holographic 3D Digital Projection Explained

Only it's not 3D, and it's not a hologram. It's a Pepper's Ghost setup with saran wrap-like plastic film and a DLP projector.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
There is no denying the tech exists.

Sure there is. Because it's not a hologram. It's a piece of textured plastic film, and a projector hidden where you can't see it. Musion's ad men are working you, and you're falling for it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I understand that there could be impersonations and they can CGI the his movements and ect, but the fact that its SO perfect is what really creates this whole conspiracy about holograms, and the fact that maybe he's still alive? Because check this, 2pac wasn't around at the time Coachella started, so how did he said "what the **** is up coachella?!"?? To add, he never performed his first song "Hail Mary" live, ever....So there's a lot of conspiracies on different subjects with this event. ALSO keep in mind, this 3d/hologram image is made by a company, and amateurs make the same material.....WHO knows what type of technology the government has.

Sigh.

Did it occur to you he isnt preforming it here, either?

It is a projection of an image of him performing. He is not lip synching the words, is he? Nope. Just , an image moving around to canned music.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Well...to be honest you sounded like a little kid yourself just then, one who hasn't leaned how to form sentences properly, but it's ok I can speak slower and clearer if you like.

Project..bluebeam...is...hokey...

Kappish?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Who said anything about it happening in the sky? Is this some kind of universal perquisite for the bluebeam to work?

Where would one expect an alien invasion to come from then?

The closet perhaps?

On stage at coachella?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by crankyoldman

Who said anything about it happening in the sky? Is this some kind of universal perquisite for the bluebeam to work?

Where would one expect an alien invasion to come from then?

The closet perhaps?

On stage at coachella?

I'm not sure what the question actually is, or are you just be condescending to be funny or put what I said down? If so, that's cool as it is totally a viable form of discourse on this site, though not one that is useful or one I will respond to as it serves no purpose to myself.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Project Blue Beam is a ridiculously ill conceived conspiracy theory, and for someone to be convinced of it actually working, each person that believe it works had to..

Believe in every God in the World AND believe in Aliens.

The moment Jesus shows up is the moment I turn the channel as it is clearly something fake.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Pulling what strings? You mean pushing the buttons? The ones that make the projector back stage emit light onto a semitransparent film, which is a neat trick in a dark gig, but ... well not so much bluebeam eh, and not so much a mystery. And...

god I hate rap.... please if I see one more "Oh I miss tupac, oh he was legendary!" sentiment, I'm going to be sick into my skull..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Who knows what type of technology the government has. I hear they have secrets that they only give to rock stars and pop stars because only madonna, gaga and tupac can handle the technology!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Well, yes. Did you not notice anything strange with the quotes I pasted?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join