It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C is Above Top Secret: We all have a MAJOR genetic disease! Three grams of Vitamin C a day

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
Sooo rightythen.....

I might be the case that makes this bunk.
Constant smoker since the last 30y..
I do NOT take vitC regulary, might eat
an orange or something like that once
a month...
Havent been "Sick" for the past 2 years...

That's like me as well, although I always feel a bit lethargic and depressed so maybe it might help that...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I take multivitamins every day that contain vitamin C. Is that good enough?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Multi-vitamins will keep you alive and likely well, although the "mega"dose of C is talked about throughout the thread. If that's you on the avatar pic, I should be taking what you take.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
[www.abovetopsecret.com... Here is an interesting ATS thread] about how vitamin C is used by the eyes and the brain.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

no that isn't me. It's a mugshot I found on some website.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The guy in the mugshot is a walking billboard. I don't know for what, just a walking billboard.

If you take multivitamins you are already in the zone, and adding C or anything else you decide seems much easier for you than for someone who doesn't take any supplements, and thus hasn't formed it as a habit. Taking a few things a day is second nature to me now, and actually looked forward to because I know I'm making my cells happy. Those little guys need all the happiness we can give them.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDequalsQuestions

www.mayoclinic.com...

Explain why the mayo clinic says you can have too much vitamin c then...

Have you ever been to the Mayo Clinic? It is nothing more than a "Gin Mill" for making a fast buck.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Good that you're alerting people to this, many may not know and it's potentially life-saving info.

I recommend the following book:

“Why Animals Don’t Get Heart Attacks but People Do” (2003) by Matthias Rath, MD

"In Why Animals Don’t Get Heart Attacks, But People Do, Matthias Rath, M.D., an internationally respected cardiovascular researcher, asserts that high cholesterol is not the actual cause of heart disease. Bears, for example, have average cholesterol levels of 400 milligrams per deciliter of blood, but they don’t suffer heart attacks. Why? According to Dr. Rath, it is because bears produce large amounts of vitamin C, which optimizes collagen production and ensures maximum stability of their artery walls."

"Dr. Rath’s research identifies the true cause of heart disease as a deficiency of vitamin C and other essential nutrients in the cells composing the heart and coronary arteries – not high cholesterol. Once the artery wall is weakened by vitamin deficiency, the body responds by producing excess cholesterol in the liver and depositing it in the injured artery. If this process continues without nutritional intervention, the buildup of fats in the arteries will eventually lead to atherosclerosis, the cause of heart attacks."

I also have great respect for Dr. Pauling's research in this area.

Dr. Linus Pauling (1901 – 1994) died at 93 yrs.
Won two Nobel Prizes (Chemistry & Peace)
Used Bronson Vitamin C Crystals

I have been able to turn a cold around by using crystal Vitamin C.

I take two teaspoons of crystal C and dissolve it in a little water with honey to make it easier to take.

Take tiny amounts of this liquid throughout the day. It can upset the stomach, but it can ward off a cold -- if taken in time.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Do you have any resources/data to back up your claims?

Not too long ago, it was vitamin D that was the end-all, be-all. It was supposed to fix everything from heart disease to Alzheimers. If we just ate really healthy (lots of fruits and vegetables), wouldn't that be enough?

If they were grown organically. The problem is even our fruits and veggies are grown using petroleum based fertilizers and other chemicals. I have been taking Vitamin C for decades to cure colds flu and just as a supplement etc.

To take a cliche from the past; "its the food supply stupid" that is causing all these problems. It keeps the medical industrial complex in business and keeps us docile and buying poisons from big pharma etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I read all 8 pages of this thread and found it fascinating, both in that people here did not already know some of the information presented but that also and more importantly I didn't know some of it. So thank you.

Those of you that are saying things like "you can get all of the vitamins and minerals you need from eating healthy" need to learn a little bit more about todays agriculture. The ground that is supplying your food with nutrients has been deficient for last 30+ years because of our lack of crop rotation and letting fields rest (not to mention all the crap that is sprayed on them). That means of course that most of the foods you eat from any store are not going to have the same levels of vitamins and minerals as they did 30 years ago.

I suggest finding a space, anywhere. An empty lot, side of the house, the old folks across the street, your window sill...anywhere, and start to grow your own food.

There is going to come a time when access to anything healthy is going to be near impossible to get without a ton of cash, like literally a wheelbarrow full.

Get with a neighbor or some friends and start a community garden. Use only fresh and organic non gmo seeds and supplements to grow in. Be careful that you do not over work the soil because there are beneficial microcosms that work the earth for you. Rotate your crops and share your knowledge.

As for Vitamin C, I think I'm going to start taking a bunch of it in addition to my Product B which is an all natural age-reversing supplement formulated by the Dr that discovered telomeres and their role in aging.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Glad I found this, I wrote this several years ago and saved it because I got tired of typing all this out, it touches on a supernatural experience and whether you believe it or not Crystal Healing.

A Cancer Experience.
I purchased a book in the 80’s entitled “Vitamin C and Cancer” by Dr. Linus Pauling a Nobel Prize Winner. Why I purchased it I don’t know, it was one of those occasions where something jumped out at me…lol I found the book fascinating in how Pauling experimented with Vitamin C and Cancer and how something this simple could cure cancer. Haven’t read this in over 20 years so I’m doing this from recall. There’s a case in the book where a friend of Pauling’s , a Doctor, told him his wife had a brain tumor. He said she would stand a 50/50 chance of surviving an operation to remove the tumor, and then if she did survive she stood a 50/50 chance of getting brain damage. What Pauling did was prescribe massive doses of Vitamin C in a granular form mixed with water and she would drink this several times per day. The photos in the book showed a golfball sized tumor that gradually shrank over the course of time, what this period of time was I don’t remember, anyway the tumor was gone. One of the prerequisites of this therapy was there could be no radiation or chemo of the patient prior to the therapy as this somewhat destroys the immune system. It was the FDA or AMA that conducted a test of this Vitamin C therapy and they corrupted the testing and rendered the therapy as bogus. What they did was use all terminally ill patients who had already undergone radiation and chemo, some survived and some went into remission and some didn’t make it.

I already related the story of my friend who passed on from Cancer, I gave her the book but like many being terminally diagnosed with Cancer felt the knife, chemo or radiation was the way to go. About a month after she passed away I let my dog Boomer out one evening before bedtime and was standing in the kitchen when a distinct voice came into my head, not audible, but into my head, it was my friend telling me “get out on the deck, get out there now”. I went out, it was dark, I thought maybe Boomer was gone or in trouble, called him and he came running. This same occurrence happened the following day and when I got out there in daylight I could see Boomer trying to take a dump and he couldn’t, this also explained why he hadn’t eaten in two days. I took him to the Vet, my Vet is the most compassionate man on the Planet. He took x-rays of him and said there was tumor pinching the colon and more than likely it was cancerous, there was too much in the pelvic area to remove it all and suggested I have him put down. I told myself I can’t buy that #, here his tail was wagging like crazy, happy as could be, I couldn’t do it. I told the Vet I couldn’t do it and he understood. He gave Boomer a shot and pills to try and shrink the tumor enough so he could dump but made it clear it wouldn’t kill the cancer or get rid of the tumor. He would only give me enough pills for a week so he wouldn’t become immune to the effects in case this was needed again later on. Boomer dumped later that day and I was relieved. What I did next was I started giving him massive doses of Vitamin C Time Release tablets of around 5000 units 3 times a day and did so for a month and a half. I had also used Crystal Healing on him as well, this I feel had some effect on him as he would become very docile when I did. Six weeks later we went back to the Vet and No Cancer.

continued...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
cont...

Years later I woke up one morning and noticed a lesion on my forehead near the hairline. It was about an inch long, half inch wide and a little pronounced. I got on the Harvard Medical Schools database and found over 150 photos of Skin Cancer and decided that was what it was. I didn’t think I would but this got me real nervous. I called a guy in Kentucky that sold Eissac Tea, a herbal cancer remedy. He explained to me how it worked and I thought I didn’t need that, I have another idea. I went to the Health Food Store and got a bottle of tablets that would cleanse and purge my cells of waste, same stuff druggies use to pass a drug test, and started massive doses of Vitamin C Timed Release, about 6 to 7 thousand units three times per day, five days later there wasn’t even a smudge on my forehead. As I understood this, the immune system has a priority in the system and that is purging cell structure of toxins, after that it goes after disease and other ailments. My understanding of Timed Release C is it works for eight hours and the standard C tablet is only good for three hours. Being a smoker I have had serious aches on a couple occasions in the throat and lung areas and all I did was OD on Vitamin C for a couple days and it was gone, usually overnight, Cancer also runs in my family. I’ve had so many bad experiences with doctors in the past I regard them no different than automobile mechanics, some good and a lot bad. If I had a heart attack or broken bones that would be a different story of course.

Since all this happened I have found that if you keep your Ph level up, I use Bicarbonate of Soda, disease has a difficult time flourishing in the body. The only problem I've ever had with ODing on Vit C is with Rosehips, all I've ever used for years now is Timed Release Vitamin C and I've taken as much as 8000 units 3 times a day to get rid of a cold.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
Being a smoker I have had serious aches on a couple occasions in the throat and lung areas and all I did was OD on Vitamin C for a couple days and it was gone, usually overnight, Cancer also runs in my family. I’ve had so many bad experiences with doctors in the past I regard them no different than automobile mechanics, some good and a lot bad. If I had a heart attack or broken bones that would be a different story of course.

Since all this happened I have found that if you keep your Ph level up, I use Bicarbonate of Soda, disease has a difficult time flourishing in the body. The only problem I've ever had with ODing on Vit C is with Rosehips, all I've ever used for years now is Timed Release Vitamin C and I've taken as much as 8000 units 3 times a day to get rid of a cold.

Thank you for sharing this valuable info. Yes, I also agree with taking B of Soda or whatever method of alkalinizing your system (raw juice of one lemon in water everyday).

Your smoking concerns me. You must know that smoking is one of the worst things you can do to your body & mind. Lungs are the chief organs of absorbing prana -- subtle life energy.

Edgar Cayce said that if you can limit yourself to nine or less cigarettes a day -- it would be okay.

You must use NATURAL tobacco (as the Native Americans used). Standard American tobacco has been treated with assorted chemicals (flavor enhancers, etc.) that also make it more addictive than natural tobacco.

Natural tobacco cigarettes are sold -- the brand name escapes me.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just had to post a relevant video to the topic.

edit on 16-4-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
The guy in the mugshot is a walking billboard. I don't know for what, just a walking billboard.

He reminds me of Shrek

If you take multivitamins you are already in the zone, and adding C or anything else you decide seems much easier for you than for someone who doesn't take any supplements, and thus hasn't formed it as a habit. Taking a few things a day is second nature to me now, and actually looked forward to because I know I'm making my cells happy. Those little guys need all the happiness we can give them.

I just checked the bottle of multivitamins I take. They contain 75mg of vitamin C. But I also drink a fair amount of orange juice and such, so I imagine that helps too.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
If this is called a major genetic disease, they must not take into account how easy it is to find a fix for it. Eat fruit or potatoes or take a vitamin pill. Even a caveman could do it.
edit on 15/4/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

Part of the issue here is that cavemen (horrible phrase - let's say early Homo sapiens) obtained their foods from non-agricultural methods, or naturally grown. We have since moved into an agricultural revolution, where we started to grow crops. This was all well and good for a while, but growing the same crops in the same area has a tendency to reduce the vitamin levels in the subsequent fruit (as they have been leeched from the soil).

We then discovered the idea of crop rotation. Suddenly we started to get more nutrition from our food sources, along with a period of enlightenment which meant that we started to understand medicinal benefits. Human lifespan started to increase. The standard of living (overall) started to increase.

Then came along the industrial revolution and with it the concept of mass-production. This means that we've started to "manufacture" (read: grow) the same crops in the same area. This means that the nutrient rotation that came with crop rotation centuries ago.

At the same time Western Culture has been leaning more and more towards faster food options. While the age of the TV dinner has diminished somewhat, we have headed more into the age the microwave dinner. Lack of supply of naturally occurring crops has lead to us creating GM or synthetic substitutes (ie [HFCS). The advantage of this is higher supplies of foods, but the health benefits of them are disputable.

So while we do still have nutritional benefit from the foods that we eat, it has diminished somewhat since the dawn of the agricultural revolution and as a society our eating habits tend to veer away from the healthiest they could be.

Also read the following:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narcissous

Okay...
So, provided I start taking it, what beneficial effects it will have on me? will it make me immortal? will I be able to dodge bullets? Putting jokes aside: what will it improve? I consider it real, I'll start taking it. I am just curious how it will improve my health? I am guessing it will make me immune to common diseases. what else?

Okay so the OP has everything just about right ... except the dosage. 3g/d is a good starting dose, as you should start low to avoid diarrhea and bowel discomfort. However a good chronic dose that translates into strong health benefits starts at 10g/d. The background for all this is, yes primates, guinea pigs and some bats all have a damaged GULO gene. These is the gene that produces en.wikipedia.org... L-gulonolactone-oxidase. In mammals this enzyme is required in the last step of synthesis to ascorbic acid in the liver, whereas reptiles have a similar mechanism and synthesis takes place in the kidneys. A large dog produces throughout the day about 10-15g of vitamin C in its liver. Experiments have been performed with human liver cells that were exposed to correctly formed L-gulonolactone-oxidase and produced vitamin C. (Your GULO gene also produces an enzyme though it is malformed and non-functioning, you diseased freak).

What are the benefits of vitamin C? Ask how many heart attacks or other cardiovascular / arterial disease such as stroke and PAD occur in other mammals. Vitamin C is essential for the maintenance of blood vessels, that alone should be reason enough to 'indulge' in higher doses.

www.seanet.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Vitamin C is one essential nutrient of about 90 that we humans can't produce..

We need to consume 60 minerals, 15 vitamins, 12 Amino Acids and 3 fatty acids...
...could all these be considered a genetic deficiency?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I posted this on a couple of short older threads about Vitamin C, which have not been posted on in many years. This is about Vitamin C!!! Talk about a conspiracy of silence.

We all have a major genetic illness. Major. Sick, we have all been sick since birth - before birth if dear ol' mom wasn't taking several grams of Vitamin C a day. All other animals, plants, fish, everybody except apes, guinea pigs, a bat or two, make ascorbic acid in their bodies every minute. Apes can't, we can't make it because one of the enzymes in the construction series broke right after lemurs. Lemurs make it. None of the Great Ape primates do or can.

So, how can we cure a huge, major, genetic illness? Take a few grams every day, spaced out throughout the day. Simple as that.

And the above top secret? No major media outlet, politician, public figure, etc (where is Linus Pauling when we need him. Dead.) is going on and on about Vitamin C, every day, every speech, on television and off. This is a crime of omission.

Vitamin C!!!
edit on 15-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

edit on 15-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

we don't make vitamin C because a gene is broken, not an enzyme, you can't break enzymes, so no you are wrong, there is nothing wrong with us.
in fact we have existed for thousands of years without dying from not having a huge amount of vitamin c. someone said we needed to eat what amounts to 30 pounds of fruit a day to account for the absurd number you have landed on as what we need to live on, why would we?
do you really think that people thousands of years ago needed that much? heck 500 years ago? or even 200?

no, this is just placebo effect,. we already think vitamin c does us good, so why wouldn't more of it? so everyone feels better getting huge amounts of it that really don't stack up enough to warrant a big media storm over it.

thats why no one talks about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Right ok people, I may be being retarded, so a little help if possible. I'm giving this a go... i'm not sure of how good it is though tbh. I picked up multivitamins yesterday with something like 80mg of vit C and those fizzy tablet things which are just vit C at 240mg.

So i'm going to have to take 12 of those fizzy tabs a day?

And also, if I shouldn't focus on consuming loads of produce like peppers and oranges because of chemicals, then what about the chemicals in the pills? surely they're not great either

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join