It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at UFO with 'no effect'Minnesota

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Then we saw it. A long, semi-circle object was heading towards the hill next to us and then it stopped as the tracers hit it. It was no more than a few hundred feet from us. It was clear this "Ship" was none of ours or theirs. It was like nothing I had ever seen in my life. It went from a light blue color to a bright red...

Thanks for that description. The one I saw in California was at night. It was blue with a red light fore and aft. Your tale perked my interest. Have you ever drawn the shape or seen it reproduced or photographed any where else on the internet? Thanks in advance for your reply.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Yeah it's pretty stupid to shoot at aircraft, even with a 30.06, because if your aim was impeccable the only aircraft you could expect to hit would be a private Cessna or something, and unless you hit the pilot or gas tank it would have no effect on the aircraft, with a shotgun, don't make me laugh.

He said he shot a slug at it, a slug fired out of a 12ga shotgun equates to a bullet with a 18.53mm diameter! that's almost as large as a 20mm round from a M61A1 vulcan rotating cannon commonly equiped on an F-16.

Both rounds are enough to take down any military aircraft IF they hit, normal sights aren't zeroed for shooting in the sky and the trajectory is never flat so they may never have hit it...

Still reprehensible and unresponsible...I'd like to ask them why they thought that craft ever posed a threat...was it pointing guns at them?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

This could have been too far up to recieve any of the ammunition fired.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
"We were in fear," the reporting witness stated. "And trained a scoped Winchester Sportsman .30-06 deer rifle on the object, and fired three succesive shots center mass at the object,

So... upon having the fear of extraterrestrial gods put into them, their first reaction was to take steady aim and shoot their - what anyone who's ever see Star Wars could infer are - inutile conventional weapons at an object that, even if of Earthly origin, would likely ricochet their spud gun shots like water off of a Kevlar clad duck's back?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

VERDICT:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Who knows what sort of experience they would have had if they hadn't opened fire on it. Both 30-06 and 12 gauge slugs are powerful choices for destroying something. A 30-06 will fly a mile and a 1 oz. lead slug hits like the hammer of Thor. Of course, these "craft" would be immune to man's puny weapons. They simply time shift or dimensionally switch for a moment, just long enough for the bullets to pass thru where they might have been.

Like when they blink in and out of radar screens or visual observation. Or make abrupt turns at blinding speeds. Blink they are here and blink they are gone (and back). So the report of shooting at center mass with "no effect" either means they misidentified the range of the thing or the craft "blipped" momentarily, allowing the bullets to pass thru empty space.

Of course people will shoot at something as a response to "see what it is". Its called plinking.
What is that? I don't know... shoot it and see. Duh, okay.

Edit: I found another video of a sighting in Colorado by Tim Edwards. This portion has what sounds like gun fire in it too:

No wonder they keep their distance.

edit on 15-4-2012 by intrptr because: add YouTube...

intrptr
I watched the video and yes i could hear gun fire i wonder if someone was fireing on that UFO or they were near a gun range..
From what i understand the 2 men in Minnesota what they saw and fired on was very close i think the men just got scared stupid ..I would never have opend fire on something that i had no idea what it was but i guess we all react differently in different situations..
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
Perhaps the aliens did retaliate but not in a form noticeable to the 2 men.

Maybe they made the hunters THINK they shot at the UFO or they abducted them and dropped them off with those memories.

Can't underestimate beings who have the means to arrive at Earth on a leisurely basis. They would make use of the energy within an entire galaxy...while we still use dead plants....*sighs* I should also mention that if there were any extraterrestrials who can arrive here then they probably already influence our lives without our knowing. Mind control/influence is MUCH easier than lightspeed travel in ships or making worm holes. Think about it.
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

TheLegend
I never thought about that but thats thinking out of the box..thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Anybody else not make the connection that the shots missed?

First off, I live in Minnesota. I kind of like it here, and I kind of don't. Blindly shooting at an object you do not recognize is just embarrassing.

Strange there was a sighting. Ive seen a few here. In fact I've witnessed one object turn into two and do some funky formation like they were circling eachother. Oh and I had about at least 15 people with me looking at the same thing. We thought it was a firework of some sort.

Then I saw a picture on facebook about a sighting of TWO objects in the sky. My friend sent me the link because just that very damn night we were in discussion about aliens and getting really into deep thinking about lots of stuff they normal human doesn't normally indulge in (with the aid of a friendly herb of course sparked this).

Let's leave it up to chance that these could have been real sightings. I myself have become consumed with the knowing of the unknown for plenty of years. And to have witnessed something so out of the norm really helped shape my beliefs.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

I don't think our government is ever going to give us disclosure ..

Why not? With darkness comes evil.

Ive always thought that aliens cant be to bad i would think by now they would have made us into animal crackers for a snack ..

If you believe in the book of revelation either god is letting satan teach humans a lesson, or satan is stronger than god. Imagine the second? Scary?

Our government wants us stupid and soft easy to manage ..But there is no doubt in my mind the aliens are here and have been for a long time if we get any disclosure it will be on a large scale and it will be from them wanting us to know ..just my thoughts ..peace,sugarcookie1

I wonder if hell is actually "aliens" residing in hollow earth who want to thin the human herd and keep a small percentage as slaves. These "aliens" control the illuminati, who then in turn control masonry, who then in turn control government, who in turn controls everyone else.

EarthCitizen07
I'm not a religious person and im not sure everything thats in the bible is true but thats off on to another topic i don't like to talk about religion ..
And im not sure about the hollow earth theory either but i guess anything is possible i try to have a open mind on these things..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
If only the two hunters were armed with RPGs or Bazookas. That way they'd know if its a govt craft or alien. Those peashooters won't even make a dent so nothing to see here.

30-06 isn't a pee shooter, but I agree none-the-less. They should have tried a win 300mag or a 50 cal on that mo fo. A slug from a 12ga was a good step - only if the slug was from a rifled barrel.

...but from my experience - I have seen many fuselage holes due to hill-billy crack shots shooting at random acft in their drunken stupor. You make my ABDR yearly cert worthwhile and ty.

Please only shoot at the hoovering craft and not the just any craft. Choppers have the means to shoot back btw. To find out if they are terran vs alien - toss them a spot light shine (briefly). A terran would respond in kind...usually with a rifle locked on the beam. An alien...well - you know - beams n such would make a night fun filled. Terran have nogs - so no laser pointers...those pointers also point back to you! A pissed off - overmanned gunner - might just take his/her aggression out on you. Being forced to retrain will piss anyone on off...

So good luck on your UFO ventures sir/ma'am.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

I'm glad you make mention of that as no one addressed my earlier post.

Originally posted by UberL33t
I just can't get passed this part...

"We were in fear," the reporting witness stated.

Just my 2 cents...but who, in that situation, would state such, in that syntax? It is quoted as directly being stated by the witness.

"We were scared to death"
"It scared the you know what out of us"

Okay..but not "We were in fear" ...not discounting the story, but that particular portion throws up a red flag for me personally.

Does that not seem off to anyone at all? Mind you I don't have the dialect in Minnesota down 100%, but doesn't that just seem a little too proper of a response given the situation?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RetardedUfologists

RetardedUfologists
I have no idea if this story that was reported to MUFON is true but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't ..Id like to believe that not everyone is a hoaxer or a liar maybe just maybe this did happen i think people need to keep an open mind on these things..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

First off, I live in Minnesota. I kind of like it here, and I kind of don't. Blindly shooting at an object you do not recognize is just embarrassing.

Strange there was a sighting. Ive seen a few here. In fact I've witnessed one object turn into two and do some funky formation like they were circling eachother. Oh and I had about at least 15 people with me looking at the same thing. We thought it was a firework of some sort.

Then I saw a picture on facebook about a sighting of TWO objects in the sky. My friend sent me the link because just that very damn night we were in discussion about aliens and getting really into deep thinking about lots of stuff they normal human doesn't normally indulge in (with the aid of a friendly herb of course sparked this).

Let's leave it up to chance that these could have been real sightings. I myself have become consumed with the knowing of the unknown for plenty of years. And to have witnessed something so out of the norm really helped shape my beliefs.

Soulece
I also live in Minnesota and i feel the same way you do.. I kind of like it here, and I kind of don't i hate our winters when it gets unbearably cold..
I've witnessed a few UFOs also over the years and what these 2 men saw and shot at could have been a real sighting i agree shooting at this object wasn't to smart ive talked to many friends about UFOs and i was surprised at how many have seen them around this area i think there here and have been for a long time..thanks for posting ,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Sounds like typical Minnesota dialect to me ive lived here all my life..sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I watched the video and yes i could hear gun fire i wonder if someone was fireing on that UFO or they were near a gun range..

I think the report stated that he was in town in front of a store and stepped out to view and film the object. It was there overhead for some time? I brought the short version. Not at a gun range. The narrator states he doesn't know what the sounds are, but come on... and you are right.... give an idiot a gun and you are in danger. Give him a gun and scare him...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

miniatus
I agree with what your saying they did put people at risk if it was one of our own secret aircraft ..
There lucky they weren't killed that craft could have opned fire on them it was a stupid move..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece

perhaps they were smoking some herbs too, like you, when they fired their guns. I wonder if this was in the backwoods of Minnesota, AYE. People do and see crazy things on them der urrbs.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

"We were in fear," the reporting witness stated. "And trained a scoped Winchester Sportsman .30-06 deer rifle on the object, and fired three succesive shots center mass at the object,

So... upon having the fear of extraterrestrial gods put into them, their first reaction was to take steady aim and shoot their - what anyone who's ever see Star Wars could infer are - inutile conventional weapons at an object that, even if of Earthly origin, would likely ricochet their spud gun shots like water off of a Kevlar clad duck's back?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

VERDICT:

Sablicious
Im not going to say this sighting and shooting of this UFO or whatever it was was fake i just dont know everyone reacts diffrenty when there scared ..I would have ran and hid but thats just me..sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I think the report stated that he was in town in front of a store and stepped out to view and film the object. It was there overhead for some time? I brought the short version. Not at a gun range. The narrator states he doesn't know what the sounds are, but come on... and you are right.... give an idiot a gun and you are in danger. Give him a gun and scare him...

Sure sounded like gun shots to me and it was clear..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
This is from the web site "All Supernatural"

UFO Attack, N.Vietnam 1968
I am an Ex-Ranger, worked with M.I. and the "Company" Gathering Intelligence and other Missions that are classified. We were in the North "Indian Country" on an assassination mission. Having succeeded, we were almost Caught and had to hide. Heading to our pick up point we came across these twin Hills and took the one on our left to avoid capture, as it was a long hard day evading. Late in the morning on top of the hill that we were on, we heard the familiar sound of their 12.7MM going off, then their AK47’s followed. We noticed their tracers arcing skywards. We looked up at what they were shooting at, expecting to see one of our Planes. Then we saw it. A long, semi-circle object was heading towards the hill next to us and then it stopped as the tracers hit it. It was no more than a few hundred feet from us. It was clear this "Ship" was none of ours or theirs. It was like nothing I had ever seen in my life. It went from a light blue color to a bright red, then a streak of laser like light shot out from the front of it. Then it was quiet. No more shots from the other hill. The bright object hovered directly above where the shots were fired for a few minutes, then veered off towards the sea. We waited about a half an hour, then went over to investigate. What we saw was just their weapons. All melted and still warm after a few hours after it was hit. We did not find any bodies. Not one body. The metal of the weapons did not have that metallic smell that we of the military are all familiar with. What was not melted was soft as sponge and had an odor that was foul and stuck to our mouths for hours after. When we got back to base camp one of the team members reported it. We never saw him again. When we inquired about him we were advised he was transferred to another unit. With that in mind the other guys refused to say anything about it when we were in debriefing. When we first saw this object we all felt this deep down gut feeling of total fear. Much worse than what we had for the enemy. Up until then I never really believed in "UFO’s", and thought it was all a big fat Hoax. It is not. Our team was put "On hold" pending further questioning, but this time we were not questioned by our own people. These guys were not military. They wore regular civilian clothes and carried pistols. They blind folded and duct taped our mouths and brought us to an undisclosed area, this is the weirdest part. Each of us was brought to a small room where there were two men and another one with a hood over his head who wore gloves. He or whatever it was remained quiet. We or I answered all of their questions. Then the guy with the hood over his head came and stood in front of me.

All I remember was a bright flash of light and then I blacked out. When I came to, I was at base camp. For some reason the other team members could not remember any of it. But I did. Knowing that there was a danger in asking them about it I remained silent. I kept this "Incident" to myself for a lot of years. Then a few years after being discharged from the Army, my wife and I were fishing out side of our home here in Alaska, when we saw the exact same "Ship" hovering above our small boat. It remained for a few then took off. This was the last I have seen of it. Each and every time I would feel threatened. No one can ever tell me that these things do not exist anymore. I saw them for myself.

Linda Moulton Howes book Glimpses of Other Realities and High Strangeness Vol 2
Has a story where a Green Berret A team comes upon a landing sight in Laos and a team member fires an FAL at one of the aliens and it only knocked that being down.
What if a tribesman in africa threw a spear at an Apache and the pilot had a bad day in a free fire zone?
Not that any professional pilot would engage a helpless native like that but the analogy is sound.

cavtrooper7
Thats a interesting story ive never heard that one before thanks for posting it..sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I don't smoke any herbs, nor do i live in the outback of MN, but it is pure stupidity to shoot and ask questions later. You don't deserve a gun if you act that way in the first place, it only shows how irresponsible you are with a firearm.
AYE. I think this is a hoax of a story, but that is my opinion. That does not mean that it is not true tho, i just don't beleive it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join