It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at UFO with 'no effect'Minnesota

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

EarthCitizen07
Thank you for making that statement i always felt MUFON was fairly creditable and they do discredit the vast majority of sightings..sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by sugarcookie1

If it looked like an X-47B drone, well that looks an awful lot like a high tech military jet. It doesn't really even look other worldly, so I am wondering why they fired on it? Would they fire on a plane?

newcovenant
Would they fire on a plane? God lets hope not but who knows makes ya wonder don't it..sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

If it looked like an X-47B drone, well that looks an awful lot like a high tech military jet. It doesn't really even look other worldly, so I am wondering why they fired on it? Would they fire on a plane?

newcovenant
Would they fire on a plane? God lets hope not but who knows makes ya wonder don't it..sugarcookie1

ahhh, planes do NOT float in one place and besides that a plane would have to be at a very, very low altitude for a gun to even hit it. Ever go goose hunting?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

cloaked4u
Your opinion is aways welcome here after all its ATS not everyone thinks the same
sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am thinking about the story , thinking to myself, asking myself questions, like the one i asked you. To find the truth of the matter.
Ever go goose hunting? This is a good question to ask if someone thinks they shot at a plane.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

newcovenant

ahhh, planes do NOT float in one place and besides that a plane would have to be at a very, very low altitude for a gun to even hit it. Ever go goose hunting?

cloaked4u
Ive never been goose hunting i only hunt for deer during hunting season i love venison..I think in the video they said it was very low altitude ..I'm not sure what kinda plane could hover like that im no plane expert
sugarcookie

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
If only the two hunters were armed with RPGs or Bazookas. That way they'd know if its a govt craft or alien. Those peashooters won't even make a dent so nothing to see here.

And kill your own military pilots? Are you insane? What is this website coming to.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by slanteye
If only the two hunters were armed with RPGs or Bazookas. That way they'd know if its a govt craft or alien. Those peashooters won't even make a dent so nothing to see here.

And kill your own military pilots? Are you insane? What is this website coming to.

SteveR
Thanks for saying that..Thats my thoughts also..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

A jump jet is very loud, a helecopter is loud, that plane that moves its engines on verticle take off and then goes horizontal, is very loud. Tho a tethered hot air balloon makes no noise unless the blower is going. I'm sure whatever scared them was enough for them to shoot at it and that is not right. I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared, boom,boom,boom,boom. What a joke, revoke their priveledges of weapons, period. Sounds like a bunch of scared children in the woods with guns.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Wouldn't it make sense to know what you are shooting at? geez, what is wrong with some people, they need liciences revoked.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Originally posted by Soulece
Anybody else not make the connection that the shots missed?

First off, I live in Minnesota. I kind of like it here, and I kind of don't. Blindly shooting at an object you do not recognize is just embarrassing.

Strange there was a sighting. Ive seen a few here. In fact I've witnessed one object turn into two and do some funky formation like they were circling eachother. Oh and I had about at least 15 people with me looking at the same thing. We thought it was a firework of some sort.

Then I saw a picture on facebook about a sighting of TWO objects in the sky. My friend sent me the link because just that very damn night we were in discussion about aliens and getting really into deep thinking about lots of stuff they normal human doesn't normally indulge in (with the aid of a friendly herb of course sparked this).

Let's leave it up to chance that these could have been real sightings. I myself have become consumed with the knowing of the unknown for plenty of years. And to have witnessed something so out of the norm really helped shape my beliefs.

perhaps they were smoking some herbs too, like you, when they fired their guns. I wonder if this was in the backwoods of Minnesota, AYE. People do and see crazy things on them der urrbs.

If I they were doing something at the time my best bet would be alcohol. Beer probably. I dont ever get the first instinct to shoot something I dont know. In fact, if they were some herbs they would be more fascinated and curious than anything violent related.

Here's a kicker: They see a orb in the sky they dont recognize. They grab their SHOTGUN and fire at it. A shotgun. How badly written is that?
edit on 16-4-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Bahaha,
"what's that"
"geez, I don't know"
"we better shoot it, just to be safe"
Bahahah, only in America

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by seudonymous
Bahaha,
"what's that"
"geez, I don't know"
"we better shoot it, just to be safe"
Bahahah, only in America

Shoot first, ask questions later. What a silly little mind, how old were they and if they were drunk or on anything why even have a gun. NO BRAINER. Take away their guns.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Unfortunately I have never seen the objects in question.This was a site my ranger buddy informed me about so this should be seen as continuing research.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I'm still trying to understand WHY shoot at something when you have no idea how more advanced it could be then you.....they fired shots, plural, so they didn't learn from the first shot and gave out more?....We are so F'd if we get invaded.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Sugarcookie1, interesting thread and it's certainly not the first time people have thought about opening fire on unidentified flying objects, below are some accounts of police officers nearly discharging their weapons at UFOs although given the object descriptions and flight characteristics reported at the time I'd imagine the officers were pretty spooked.

The Portage County Incident, Ohio - April 17, 1966:

Wilbur "Barney" Neff - Police auxiliary

When the Ravenna radio operator suggested to Neff that he take a shot at the UFO, Neff replied that it was like nothing he'd ever seen before, and implied he'd rather not try shooting.

Thread

The Exeter UFO Encounter, New Hampshire - Sept. 3, 1965:

"What did you guys do when you saw that thing?" I asked.

"Well, it seemed to tilt and come right at us. Norman told me later that I was yelling, 'I'll shoot it! I'll shoot it!' I did automatically drop on one knee and drew my service revolver, but I didn't shoot."

Thread

Red Bluff Police UFO Encounter - August, 1960:

the case below is an interesting example involving close range sightings, separately located witnesses, electromagnetic interference effects and an object reported to be performing 'aerial gymnastics'- it even states in the report by Dr James E. Mcdonald that the police officers 'had their pistols drawn and were debating whether to fire' on the unknown object...whatever it was.

Thread

Bizarre Police UFO/USO Case from Tocopilla, Chile, 1971

The colonel's handwritten report to Orion, dated May 12, 1979, goes into still further details. The colonel reveals, for instance, that the sergeant walked towards the cliff armed with a rifle. "When he arrived to the place where he couldn't advance further (the edge of the cliff), the sergeant yelled toward the sea; not obtaining a response he made a series of shots towards the luminous object..

Thread

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Who would fire a gun at a UFO? No point i'd say....

Apparently not, this Peruvian pilot was ordered to open fire on a UFO and shot 64 explosive shells at it.. but not much happened.

La Joya Military Base, Peru, 1980

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

.I've taken firearm classes and ive been hunting since i was 13 and im very responsible with a gun along with many other people that i know .

So its okay for you to be blasting poor helpless little forest critters that never did you any harm into smitherines

...but not okay to shoot at aliens that abduct people, do medical experiments and probes, mutilate cows and who knows what else?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

here is another one... We usually don't hear a lot of UFO reports from certain countries but Iran is now shooting them down too and THEY GOT ONE

Iran downs strange bright craft over Persian Gulf

""Glowing objects were sighted over the Persian Gulf. IRGC air defense targeted one of the objects successfully, forcing it to plummet and sink in the seas off Boushehr (Province),"" said top regional commander, Brigadier Ali Razmjou.

""The three bright objects were detected by our radars when flying over the Persian Gulf Islands of Khark and Khargou,"" he added, according to a Monday report posted on IRNA.

Brig. Razmjou explained that when the radars indicated that they were not Iranian aircrafts, the IRGC fired at the three objects. He also added that the fallen objects' remains have not been found yet.

old.tehrantimes.com...

So there ya go... good sport shooting UFO's

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Well atleast we know who started the intergalactic war

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Someone should tell these hillbillies to get pay TV.

I mean seriously .. everyone with a sane mind who watched ANY SciFi movie knows you can not shoot down a UFO with a 12 gauge. You need at least a bazooka.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join