It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States inhumane act of punishment toward NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why should the United States provide succor to a people who's regime is a direct enemy?

Why can't China provide food aid to North Korea?

United States needs to focus on feeding the millions of homeless people that they have in their own back yard before they start giving food aid to people of unfriendly nations.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people
WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war.

STOP CALLING IT A MISSILE PEOPLE
"Initial indications are that the first stage of the missile fell into the sea 165 km west of Seoul, South Korea," they said in a news release. "The remaining stages were assessed to have failed and no debris fell on land. At no time were the missile or the resultant debris a threat."

please grow up. omg this is turning into a rant.........does anybody else think the "SUPERPOWERS" are actually scared.......because the way they are acting to me it appears as if there is a mild amount of fear.

the fearmongering article link is --->
www.cnn.com...

MODS IF I MISPLACED THIS PLEASE LEMME KNOW.

So it's the US's fault that north Korea chose to spend 800 million dollars on this rocket, instead of feeding their starving people? So, it's our fault that they violated, knowingly, the ban on launching such rockets?

Clueless.

Eta: and yor ARE aware that north Korea has nukes, right? And they are a rogue nation? You DO understand the worlds concern of their testing rockets as a delivery method for said nukes, right? But no, we shouldn't be worried because they have starving people. (face palm)

Of course you don't.
edit on 13-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Poor little programmed humans of the world, programmed by words that are meaningless and hold no substance to the meaning of life.

‘Rouge’ a simple little word that is used when central banking is not involved.

Now, because of the program, the humans are taught that because of this little tiny word, this country cannot do what the F&^% they want to do.

I wonder how many test the United States did this year when it comes to rockets, and how many rockets did they launch into space this year?

They have nuclear weapons, loll, and so does every body else, but I forgot, the little tiny programmed word that’s embedded in the sheeple bots does not allow or fathom the knowledge of a rouge state having them.

The United States is the first, and the second, and only country to have dropped a dooms day nuke bomb on humanity.

Why not build nukes. or other devises to protect them selves against a country that has never had shame. and will most likely be the country that does something dumb to send all humanity into oblivion.

Now the united states with its words on paper now have the right to starve people because of a simple word as rouge.

Me and the universe laugh at how words and paper control 87% of all humans on this earth…laugh!

Rogue state is a controversial term applied by some international theorists to states they consider threatening to the world's peace

threatening to the world's peace

I wonder is america on ths list?

edit on 15-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people
WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war.

"Initial indications are that the first stage of the missile fell into the sea 165 km west of Seoul, South Korea," they said in a news release. "The remaining stages were assessed to have failed and no debris fell on land. At no time were the missile or the resultant debris a threat."

please grow up. omg this is turning into a rant.........does anybody else think the "SUPERPOWERS" are actually scared.......because the way they are acting to me it appears as if there is a mild amount of fear.

www.cnn.com...

The United States of America is under no obligations to feed anyone. It is by the will of the American people that such acts of generosity are given. North Korea is an enemy nation that refuses to reform, as such, we have no obligation to feed them. Let their fellow "communist" nations render them aid.

All they had to do was not launch their rocket and the food aid would of been sent. But, it is much better that the food was not sent. As food and medical aid in the past was horded by North Koreans "elite". They lived a life of excess off of supplies meant for the entire nation.

You are nothing more then an enemy of the Republic. If your an American citizen you have committed an act of treason against the Republic as you are giving aid and comfort to an enemy of the Republic, as America is still technically at war with North Korea(we, like South Korea, just have a cease-fire with North Korea).

I strongly urge you to turn yourself in for the crimes you may have committed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
More than a million North Koreans died of starvation in the 1990s, a result of disastrous economic policies and the collapse of the Soviet bloc.

"The North Korean regime considers military success a question of survival — that it's better to be famished than let the insidious Americans kill you," said Andrei Lankov, a leading scholar of North Korean history.

Kim Jong Il, the father of North Korea's new young leader, died in December. He adopted the songgun, or "military first" policy, pouring ever scarcer resources into the development of weapons of mass destruction. Lankov said a popular quote attributed to him goes, "We can live without sugar; we can't live without bullets." The quote seems to be a variant of one sometimes attributed to Nazi official Hermann Goering: "Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat."

North Korea spends an estimated 23% of its gross domestic product on defense, more than any other country in the world. By way of comparison, Israel, also at the upper end of the scale, spends about 7%.

Rank-and-file soldiers were among those who starved in the mid-1990s. The military continues to suffer the effects of the deterioration in the overall population. In video smuggled out of the country last year by Japan-based AsiaPress, soldiers said they were eating only potatoes and suffering from malnutrition.

Many North Korean soldiers are less than 5 feet tall because of stunted growth, which the World Food Program reports now affects one-third of the country's children. The minimum height requirement in the military was lowered recently to 4 feet 9 inches.
articles.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Still think it's the US's fault NK is suffering...then read this:

North Korea’s young new leader, Kim Jong-un, has instituted a novel method of executing military officers — mortar firing squad, South Korea’s leading daily newspaper reported Tuesday. The 20-something Mr. Kim ordered a military officer to be executed in a way that would leave “no trace of him behind, down to his hair,” the daily Chosun Ilbo reported, quoting a South Korean government source. The officer was placed at the aiming point of a mortar range, where an artillery shell exploded and blew him to pieces, the newspaper reported. His crime: being caught drunk during the mourning period for Kim Jong-il, Mr. Kim’s father and predecessor who died in December. The execution was part of a purge of “unsound” military officers that took place under the control of the new supreme leader, the paper reported.

“When Kim Jong-un became North Korean leader following the mourning period for his father in late December, high-ranking military officers started disappearing,” the South Korean government source told Chosun Ilbo. “From information compiled over the last month, we have concluded that dozens of military officers were purged.” Mr. Kim also ordered loyal officials to “get rid of” anyone caught misbehaving during the mourning period for his father, the source added.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
How is withholding food aid inhumane, they have their own people and they have land, why can't they grow their own? Why should we be called inhumane just because they are too damn lazy to grow their own food!

While I am not the "Model American", I'm tired of America being condemned when we try to help, then vitrified when we don't. Make up your damn mind!!! Or # off, I don't care which!
edit on 15-4-2012 by Wolfie0827 because: spelling.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by amongus

www.cnn.com...

So it's the US's fault that north Korea chose to spend 800 million dollars on this rocket, instead of feeding their starving people? So, it's our fault that they violated, knowingly, the ban on launching such rockets?

Clueless.

Eta: and yor ARE aware that north Korea has nukes, right? And they are a rogue nation? You DO understand the worlds concern of their testing rockets as a delivery method for said nukes, right? But no, we shouldn't be worried because they have starving people. (face palm)

Of course you don't.
edit on 13-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Poor little programmed humans of the world, programmed by words that are meaningless and hold no substance to the meaning of life.

‘Rouge’ a simple little word that is used when central banking is not involved.

Now, because of the program, the humans are taught that because of this little tiny word, this country cannot do what the F&^% they want to do.

I wonder how many test the United States did this year when it comes to rockets, and how many rockets did they launch into space this year?

They have nuclear weapons, loll, and so does every body else, but I forgot, the little tiny programmed word that’s embedded in the sheeple bots does not allow or fathom the knowledge of a rouge state having them.

The United States is the first, and the second, and only country to have dropped a dooms day nuke bomb on humanity.

Why not build nukes. or other devises to protect them selves against a country that has never had shame. and will most likely be the country that does something dumb to send all humanity into oblivion.

Now the united states with its words on paper now have the right to starve people because of a simple word as rouge.

Me and the universe laugh at how words and paper control 87% of all humans on this earth…laugh!

Rogue state is a controversial term applied by some international theorists to states they consider threatening to the world's peace

threatening to the world's peace

I wonder is america on ths list?

edit on 15-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

So you're saying that if they bought their imports in USDs, mainly energy fuels, and sold their exports in USDs, partnering with Western industry to manufacture products, paying slave wadges like China does to workers with all the long term grantees that go along with such a trade relationship, they could build and launch as many rockets as they please?

Q- " ‘Rouge’ a simple little word that is used when central banking is not involved."

You sound like Musashi in the CE forum on History. That's a complement btw. She was 100% when it came to such knowledge.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
from the title i couldnt tell this was about the food aid stoppage.

so in summary,

NK has problems

but they have no oil/resources for us to exploit.

no wonder, we have cut them (the people we were previously helping) off now over a grudge with NK's space program.

and regarding nukes and space program development, can anyone say hypocrite?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You are blaming America for North Korea starving their people? Do you realize how absurd you sound? Don't get me wrong, I am all about fighting the power and pointing out the flaws with our country and government in general but this is completely on the North Koreans. It's absolutely laughable. Sure, we aren't happy about their firing of the missile. Sure, it does not pose us a threat, sure America's elite want to maintain their hegemony over the world but the "food aid" had strings attached to it and if they knowingly violated that WITH us telling them beforehand it would and they chose to do it anyway then oh well. Tough, they choose to use their money for a failed missile launch instead of prosperity. You see where their priorities are set. You want to see what an orwellian society looks like with elements of The Hunger Games, look no further than modern say North Korea.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I read through the 8 or pages, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I do see a lot of "Hate America" type rhetoric here about the sanctions against North Korea.

I just wanted to point out the the UN security council has FIVE permanent members.

France, Republic of China, United Kingdom, the United States, and Russia.

One of the powers granted to the permanent members is the VETO power.

All it takes is ONE of these members to veto a sanction, and it does not pass, JUST ONE.

So if the United States was the big bad wolf here, why didn't CHINA OR RUSSIA VETO THE SANCTIONS,THUS NULLIFYING THEM?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
well if we are to feed North Korea I believe we should have a say in if they can have WMD aimed at whoever they have a grudge against, ya we can stop giving them OUR foods. lets see in one hand I have a nation with billions of starving people and on the other hand I have a desire to make WMD which one is more important cause no one gets anything for nothing. being my taxes help feed them I am on my countrys side with stopping their food yes.

ADDING: Im guessing your not in america nor are you american, therefore i must add, if your so darm upset we would stop giving our food to them you should organize a recommondation to your leadership and your people your neighbors and families, ask them to all chip in and go ahead and feed them ok?

ANd because we stop sending them our food we are starving them? step up to the plate take americas place in feeding the world go ahead.
im sick and tired of peoples around the globe biting the hands that feed them, hating on us when we make the clock tick tock so most you people can have a life. do you realize it is us common americans who pay to feed the world? not the government who works us like slaves to steal our money in taxes and sell our crops to te world no it is not us who are slaving to help the damn world....grrrrr my head hurts from the global hate.
edit on 15-4-2012 by lbndhr because: spell check nhope i cauht them all

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher
I read through the 8 or pages, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I do see a lot of "Hate America" type rhetoric here about the sanctions against North Korea.

I just wanted to point out the the UN security council has FIVE permanent members.

France, Republic of China, United Kingdom, the United States, and Russia.

One of the powers granted to the permanent members is the VETO power.

All it takes is ONE of these members to veto a sanction, and it does not pass, JUST ONE.

So if the United States was the big bad wolf here, why didn't CHINA OR RUSSIA VETO THE SANCTIONS,THUS NULLIFYING THEM?

Ya what this replyers says

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
lol feed, or KILL? hello native americans, iraqis, afghanistanis, laotians, cambodians

we feed them! NOT kill them off by the millions.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Again, you drag America into the argument. Are you an American? Do you live here? If you dont, then shut the hell up, because you have NO idea how American's live.

Ok so it is ok for you to know how North Koreans live and judge them. Yet you dont like it when it happens to you...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by olliemc84

Again, you drag America into the argument. Are you an American? Do you live here? If you dont, then shut the hell up, because you have NO idea how American's live.

Ok so it is ok for you to know how North Koreans live and judge them. Yet you dont like it when it happens to you...

You are fantastic at creating things in your head.

I never once judged a North Korean. A regular citizen of North Korea.

I have judged the leadership of North Korea. The elite that decides it is better to starve their people so that they can spend millions and millions of dollars on a failed "space program" then to form some sort of agricultural foundation and allow their people to take care of themselves instead of receiving rations or paying a months worth of salary just for a small amount of rice.

Link

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why are we responsible for feeding North Korea? They just spent a billion dollars on their rocket launch. Could they not have purchased some food with that?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
hey miss coyote,

did you hear the one about how they disciplined an officer for being drunk during the official greiving after the great leaders death ?

they are suffering from the insanity of the leaders. they could end it tomorrow, but they won't

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Did I miss something? This seems like a pretty retarded response to us not funding North Korean space ambitions. I don't want anyone to go hungry, but if they have money for rockets they have money for food. So, if we give them food they can use their food money for rockets instead.

We are not starving or punishing anyone, their leadership is.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Thank goodness, sense and sensibility still prevail in some minds. I can't get over the fact that just about everyone is so accepting of a nanny state.......world wide. And that the US (which is in debt up to it's scalp) must be the originating, contributing medium to irresponsible countries.

The US is again damned if they do, damned if they don't. We're probably responsible for the origination of life and everything that happens from then to eternity. God forbid ,,,..(oops, I meant USA) anyone else be responsible for their actions.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigo21
Stop posting lies. The US are not inhumane, the North Korean government are inhumane. Again, the US are not inhumane, the North Korean government are inhumane.

I recently withdrew donations to a charity I disagree with; Am I now responsible for the problem I was funding the solution for?
edit on 14-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps not...however I think we can ALL agree that the US are not good at conjugatifying their verbs and prepositional phrases.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join