It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States inhumane act of punishment toward NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If the fault belongs to anyone, and you really have to point fingers they should be pointed squarely at the people of North Korea, they are allowing all of this to happen.

Do something about those that you are allowing to have power over you. If the citizens of North Korea were to act, they would find world wide support for their freedom.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Remember that the people you now mock kept the starving ex-Nazis alive after WW2. Europe was rebuilt mostly by the US after the Third Reich was defeated. It is likely that your ancestors were fed and clothed by American aid. There was no second treaty of Versailles to grind Germany down -- just aid for all the people of Europe. Look up the Marshall Plan and get back to us.

Oh my god. You are filled with propaganda. America did not win the War. Russia did. And you swooped in at the right time and took full advantage. And how nice of you to keep starving ex-nazi alive.
You guys are real saints hey

And when you think 'Marshal Plan' think tentacles.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Edit- And dont you find it insane that America damanded to be payed for the assistance it gave to Britan in WW2. America does nothing to help its 'friend's' without wanting something in return. I, like many Briton's find the demands to be outrageous,no mater how generous you tell me the term's were. If I help someone I expect nothing in return. America does,always has.

And you are filled with the inability to read. I said that Europe was rebuilt mostly by the US -- not that the US won WW2 singlehandedly. The allies won WW2. Russia did not win by themselves nor would the war have ended when it did had they not entered it. Maybe Berlin would have been warmed by Uranium, too. As to your comment about GB paying war debts, do you think that the US could have rebuilt Europe in addition to providing aid to the allies? Do all deserve a handout from the US or should the industrialized world pay their debts? Would you have preferred famine in Europe to the Marshall Plan?
Tentacles are not the Marshall plan. For actual tentacles, look up STASI and similar.

edit on 4/14/2012 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This thread is a great example of why it is so easy to be a liberal.

Absolutely no though involved.

Only feelings.

When the OP was presented with facts and reason, she realized she was wrong and wanted the thread deleted.

Think before you post.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Originally posted by Germanicus
Remember that the people you now mock kept the starving ex-Nazis alive after WW2. Europe was rebuilt mostly by the US after the Third Reich was defeated. It is likely that your ancestors were fed and clothed by American aid. There was no second treaty of Versailles to grind Germany down -- just aid for all the people of Europe. Look up the Marshall Plan and get back to us.

Oh my god. You are filled with propaganda. America did not win the War. Russia did. And you swooped in at the right time and took full advantage. And how nice of you to keep starving ex-nazi alive.
You guys are real saints hey

And when you think 'Marshal Plan' think tentacles.

Edit- And dont you find it insane that America damanded to be payed for the assistance it gave to Britan in WW2. America does nothing to help its 'friend's' without wanting something in return. I, like many Briton's find the demands to be outrageous,no mater how generous you tell me the term's were. If I help someone I expect nothing in return. America does,always has.

And you are filled with the inability to read. I said that Europe was rebuilt mostly by the US -- not that the US won WW2 singlehandedly. The allies won WW2. Russia did not win by themselves nor would the war have ended when it did had they not entered it. Maybe Berlin would have been warmed by Uranium, too. As to your comment about GB paying war debts, do you think that the US could have rebuilt Europe in addition to providing aid to the allies? Do all deserve a handout from the US or should the industrialized world pay their debts? Would you have preferred famine in Europe to the Marshall Plan?
Tentacles are not the Marshall plan. For actual tentacles, look up STASI and similar.

edit on 4/14/2012 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

And you are filled with the inability to read.

OFF TOPIC POST REMOVED

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

REMINDER!!!!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Please no name-calling, snide remarks or other derailing comments.
Let's keep it civil!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Of course North Korea should not be spending so much money on developing technologies to do who knows what with, as they should be developing their economy, making social progress, which includes feeding the people, etc...But, we all know that sanctions are not going to get NK to do anything...And if they do agree to any terms I can assure you their is either an ulterior motive, or they have no intention of keeping their word.

Knowing that the government, who are well fed mind you, do not care about the people, they do not really care if food aid comes in or if it doesn't. As I said, they are not going to change their policies "just" to feed their people. It's beyond ridiculous, I know, but a rogue state with nukes doesn't really need ground troops, as they will probably be content with taking as many others out with them as they can.

But the army is probably well fed as well, so it probably wouldn't dissolve, even if the rest of the country starves. The point is that maybe foreign aid should not have been suspended, because all it will accomplish is ensuring people will starve...The government of the US will probably go on to waste the money anyway, so it may as well go for a good cause.

I just cannot believe our government is stupid enough to think they can deal with NK this way, and that is exactly what they are doing: diplomatic relations. The US doesn't care if the people of NK get fed, as they are only worried about coercing NK in any way possible. It is possible that some may wish for a people's rebellion in NK, as it would open the nation up to international infiltration and the possible establishment of a new government.

But that is risky, considering the military would attempt to gain power, and who knows who would actually gain control of the launch capabilities for the nuclear devices...The reason so many authorities were making such a big deal about this missile launch was because if it succeeded, it would show whether NK had the capability to launch a warhead, possibly nuclear, across the better part of the entire globe.

I never thought anyone would want to shoot it down, because then they would not know if it succeeded or failed. If it did simply "fail" as has been reported, that is good news for the rest of the world. Unless of course Un decides that he needs to exhibit his power in a greater way...possibly a nuclear detonation? Probably not, but maybe. That would sure cause some stir. I would hate to see the ruckus it would cause amongst various superpowers.

If NK lacked nuclear capability, we wouldn't be having this conversation, as they would simply be considered "Korea", a whole nation. Those nuclear warheads are the only thing standing between NK's population and a chance at a decent life, food, clothing, and other basic necessities that no human being should be deprived of. What is happening to them is in fact torture. State-sponsored, the worst kind, because there are supposed to be "sane" people pulling the strings.

I am thinking that NK will eventually escalate the status of their broken foreign-relations, resulting in an eventual joint strike against them, targeting nuclear facilities with the first strike-package, and then praying that they lost their capability to launch...I doubt that would be an option realistically speaking, because I am sure NK is intelligent enough to have nuclear missile silos located underground. They may not be able to reach the US with a nuke at the current time, but they would nuke someone if attacked I'm sure. A strike BEFORE they are able to launch a Nuclear ICBM would be the best option, but there are just too many unknows, plus the strain it would cause in the foreign-relations between the US and China, foremost, as well as other stress amongst nations.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The hypocrisy being spewed forth from all sides in reaction to today’s news that North Korea tested a missle is akin to when the U.S. cited Iraq’s possession of chemical and biological weapons as a reason to invade in 2003, having first checked the receipt of course, since it was Donald Rumsfeld who brokered the deal to supply Saddam with those weapons in the first place.

Rumsfeld was also the man who presided over a $200 million dollar contract to deliver equipment and services to build two light water reactor stations in North Korea in January 2000 when he was an executive director of ABB (Asea Brown Boveri). Wolfram Eberhardt, a spokesman for ABB confirmed that Rumsfeld was at nearly all the board meetings during his involvement with the company.

Rumsfeld was merely picking up the baton from the Clinton administration, who in 1994 agreed to replace North Korea’s domestically built nuclear reactors with light water nuclear reactors. So-called government-funded ‘experts’ claimed that light water reactors couldn’t be used to make bombs. Not so according to Henry Sokolski, head of the Non-proliferation Policy Education Centre in Washington, who stated, “LWRs could be used to produce dozens of bombs’ worth of weapons-grade plutonium in both North Korea and Iran. This is true of all LWRs — a depressing fact U.S. policymakers have managed to block out.”

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's inhumane and horrific that a country can allow a their psychotic leaders to allow them to starve and be forced into prison working camps. They would rather build a rocket that doesn't work and build nuclear weapons that have no offensive capabilities. So America has no responsibility for these people, why doesn't your liberal european country take action if its soo important to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

And they are a rogue nation?

Rogue nation huh...that's funny.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

REMINDER!!!!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Please no name-calling, snide remarks or other derailing comments.
Let's keep it civil!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

Thank you!

I (and others I'm sure) are glad a mod finally decided to step in here. You' help is appreciated.

----------------------------------

Again: the victims here are the NK civilians. They are victims of their government, and yes the sanctions against their country. Sanctions that would not be happening right now if their government were to actually take care of their own people, instead of spending the money they do have on a military machine.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people
WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war.

STOP CALLING IT A MISSILE PEOPLE
"Initial indications are that the first stage of the missile fell into the sea 165 km west of Seoul, South Korea," they said in a news release. "The remaining stages were assessed to have failed and no debris fell on land. At no time were the missile or the resultant debris a threat."

please grow up. omg this is turning into a rant.........does anybody else think the "SUPERPOWERS" are actually scared.......because the way they are acting to me it appears as if there is a mild amount of fear.

the fearmongering article link is --->
www.cnn.com...

MODS IF I MISPLACED THIS PLEASE LEMME KNOW.

Oh right. It's our job as Americans to feed the North Koreans so that they'll be peaceful enough to not rebel against the government that's starving them..

Oh wait...

NO IT'S NOT!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
If the fault belongs to anyone, and you really have to point fingers they should be pointed squarely at the people of North Korea, they are allowing all of this to happen.

Do something about those that you are allowing to have power over you. If the citizens of North Korea were to act, they would find world wide support for their freedom.

Riiiiiiight.

One word - China.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people .

If they can afford a missile they can afford to FEED THEIR OWN PEOPLE.When did it become OUR responsibility to feed any other country ?We should have never fed any of the countries we feed now!!! they can feed themselves if they cant, let them die!! its NOT OUR responsibility to feed the world or help the world...all we do is make them dependant on our charity,... and usually gets crewed in the end!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So a few million North Koreans are gonna starve, i don't care. I will lose no sleep over this, infact i'm going to lay down right now with a big smile on my face and be thankfull that i have food a plenty and a roof over my head. While i'm at it i'm gonna give thank's to the super evil USA that makes it possible for me to live better than 90% of the rest of the world. Mmmm sweet dreams ya'll.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

Uhm, yeah. It doesn't work that way sweetie pie.

North Koreans who flee the country may be escaping a horrendous dictatorship but their families are sent to camps left to die. Also, the "lucky" citizens are brainwashed. They don't believe what is happening is wrong or horrific. Anyone who disobeys the government is punished severely. In North Korea, freedom is myth.

Life in NK isn't as simple as you think so please do some research.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Dear OP, if you know anything at all, then why would you want North Korea accepting our monsanto chemical food? They are better off growing their own crops, I'm sure they don't want nor trust our food and I'm sure the government uses it to control their people anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
reply to post by amongus

Please no offense intended but i gotta ask....

Your a very literal person you know that right? Almost trollish in nature...what are you Vulcan? Deal in absolutes do we?

You can allow others to elaborate their point of view without slamming the door on them when they try to explain their position.

Maybe instead of doing that in a snide way, you could educate those who are not as smart as you...you are smart right?

Maybe those that come across like they know everything about a situation should not start a thread. I'm betting you did not read the entire thread. If you did, you would know that the OP iS obviously misinformed.

It's not MY job to do the work for someone who starts a thread like the op did. It's one thing to ask questions about something you don't know, it's another to say something that makes you seem ignorant.

Troll? No...just denying ignorance pal.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This thread is a great example of why it is so easy to be a liberal.

Absolutely no though involved.

Only feelings.

When the OP was presented with facts and reason, she realized she was wrong and wanted the thread deleted.

Think before you post.

I had to chuckle, and of course your right, and I run along the same lines. but I thought of a Yahoo news article yesterday about Facebook. It commented how people bare their soul, make outlandish and blaringly inappropriate personal comments. It made me equate her quickly posted emotional Thread to the article I believe the Facebook mock was "I had an emotion" inferring it was worthy of posting... aawww, it just hit me the same.

This whole post has again decayed into a peeing match.
I'd like to see the US get out of everywhere, come home, secure our borders with our military, deport all illegals and concern ourselves with industry once more "Made in USA" Stop supporting any nations and rebuild our own infrastructure. The world could manufacture plenty of trama/drama without any input from us, and stay busy at each others throats.

But how long do you think it would take before nations were pleading for aid?....... months.......... days?? er, or threatening blackmale to get aid.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ill be honest i dont see why this thread is even still up and not closed. I mean OP is obviously misinformed and does not know a thing about North Korea. As many of the previous posters said: North Korea is a rouge nation and should be treated as such. They constantly try to gain the upper hand in UN relations by threatening other countries and not following codes. They are hostile and pose a serious threat if they gain the capability to successfully launch long range missiles. Why should america help a nation like that and use OUR to feed their people when they just spend all their own on military. WE have enough debts as it is and even more problems in our country. We need to focus on ourselves for awhile instead of babysitting everyone else

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Look...North Korea needs no help form my country starving their citizens. The next thing they will blame us for is their hundreds of millions of forced abortions they have commited over the last half century, not to mention the countless murder and/or imprisonments of innocent civilians, and the starvation of the citizens while they spend hundreds of billions of dollars on rockets that will never work. What you read on CNN is nothing more than communist propaganda...Yeah, make mine North Korea

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join