It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States inhumane act of punishment toward NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Plotus

I think I would re-think your stance.. For every action there is a consequence and if there is not, then you have chaos.

Who the [SNIP] are you people to warn warn warn?

Why dont you American's [SNIP] off and mind your own business?

Keep your Imperial bribes of 'aid' and leave the world alone. Stop with your sanction's and embargo's. You think that may contribute to the fact North Korea does it so yough maybe genius?

Go home and pay your unpayable national debt yourselves you dead beats. Leave the world alone and fix your own crappy country.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Wow. If you cant be civil why are you still here on ATS? You would do better on youtube. North Korea is the way it is because its own leaders. Communist imperialism ruined NK so why are you not blaming Russia and china? Everytime the US goes and does anything even like offering help after the tsunami pissed people off. And calling people deadbeats when we do not control the goverment is just lazy blanket statements. People like this are the Cancer Killing ATS.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Let Red China feed the people of their puppet state. All the food we send goes to the elite anyway. America is bankrupt, not to mention some of our own people are starving. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
im not saying its our fault. im saying we have enough problems on our own soil who the h311 are we to judge and say who is allowed to do what when we have starving people who are out of jobs and can't afford the gas to even go to work....so why stick our big nose into others business but the PEOPLE should not have to be punished for the actions of their LEADER. otherwise.......the middle eastern countries should be punishing us the PEOPLE of the united states for us destroying there landscape in the name of oil. it is not fair.

Hate to say it, but what if the lack of food finally riles the NK people into taking out their government? Funny how much humans can tolerate as long as they have food and shelter. Take those away and things have to change.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I guess i am completely ignorant to believe that there is even a remote ray of hope that there's sunshine and rainbows on the other side of serious alienation remarks and we wonder why countries can't stand us. for once peace on this planet would really be nice considering the meer fact that we must share it.

I wouldn't say ignorant, I would probably say young and an idealist who hasn't lived long enough to understand how history always repeats itself.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Wow reading CNN news I came across this one line ........In the meantime, the United States has suspended plans to provide food aid to North Korea as a result of the launch, Rhodes said.

Its been a very long time since i made a thread but honestly come on I am so ashamed of my country right now because the leader wanted to fire a "ROCKET" we are going to starve the people
WoW I am so undeniable proud of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. Honestly when our Sheep finally wake up the governments going to be in a world of hurt by its own civil war.

STOP CALLING IT A MISSILE PEOPLE
"Initial indications are that the first stage of the missile fell into the sea 165 km west of Seoul, South Korea," they said in a news release. "The remaining stages were assessed to have failed and no debris fell on land. At no time were the missile or the resultant debris a threat."

please grow up. omg this is turning into a rant.........does anybody else think the "SUPERPOWERS" are actually scared.......because the way they are acting to me it appears as if there is a mild amount of fear.

the fearmongering article link is --->
www.cnn.com...

MODS IF I MISPLACED THIS PLEASE LEMME KNOW.

So it's the US's fault that north Korea chose to spend 800 million dollars on this rocket, instead of feeding their starving people? So, it's our fault that they violated, knowingly, the ban on launching such rockets?

Clueless.

Eta: and yor ARE aware that north Korea has nukes, right? And they are a rogue nation? You DO understand the worlds concern of their testing rockets as a delivery method for said nukes, right? But no, we shouldn't be worried because they have starving people. (face palm)

Of course you don't.
edit on 13-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Yeah...but this is a bad idea for a completely different set of reasons other than the starving civilians.

History tells us that the most dangerous animals on planet earth are human beings who feel as though they have nothing left to lose. This is true of individuals, small groups, armies, or nations.

We ALREADY have N. Korea's back against the wall with the existing trade sanctions and whatnot. Now remember...Daddy Kim just died and now Lil' Kim is at the helm at least outwardly to the public.

Do we REALLY want to push an inexperienced man-child back into a corner? This putz has been sheltered his entire life by people who were essentially ORDERED to worship him under penalty of death What do you think is going to happen the first time the spoiled little brat doesn't "get his way"?

Put yourself "inside" N. Korea for a moment. The military structure in N. Korea has no doubt the one's REALLY running the show. Personally...I don't think Lil' Kim could manage so much as a Boy Scout troop much less a country or a million-man standing army. Thus...the "hawks" inside N. Korea have already been brainwashing him with how important it is not to "look weak" to the West and how the "West is going to test him" or some such thing.

Sooo...here we are. Just a few months after Daddy Kim's death, the ruling "hawks" inside N. Korea persuade Lil' Kim of the importance of attempting to flex their military might or whatever by this unauthorized rocket test. This in turn raises the hackles of West...just as the N. Korean military KNEW it would.

The end result? It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The military leaders turn around and tell Lil' Kim "see...I told you so...the West thinks you are weak!!" This is then followed immediately be the US cutting off food aid to N. Korea...which in turn means people starve.

If everybody gets a little too hungry in the streets...they might just start rioting. Do we REALLY want to add that sort of pressure on an inexperienced, spoiled brat?

Just strip away all the nonsense about how we shouldn't "reward" N. Korea for their unauthorized rocket launch or any debate of the "morality" of hungry civilians and look at it practically. There is little sense in ratcheting up tensions on a nation that we could vaporize at will should it ultimately be necessary...especially since we will be invading Iran any day now.

Besides...everyone from Hannibal to Sun Tzu has always said that the most unexpected tactic is often the best in warfare.

Why don't we take this opportunity to show Lil' Kim how wrong his generals were about the West?

Unless of course we have intel from inside N. Korea stating that this was all Lil' Kim's idea and the military was actually OBJECTING...but I doubt it. That would be a first in military history, I think.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

im not saying its our fault. im saying we have enough problems on our own soil who the h311 are we to judge and say who is allowed to do what when we have starving people who are out of jobs and can't afford the gas to even go to work....so why stick our big nose into others business but the PEOPLE should not have to be punished for the actions of their LEADER. otherwise.......the middle eastern countries should be punishing us the PEOPLE of the united states for us destroying there landscape in the name of oil. it is not fair.

Hate to say it, but what if the lack of food finally riles the NK people into taking out their government? Funny how much humans can tolerate as long as they have food and shelter. Take those away and things have to change.

Agreed. However...it's a bit dicey to think they will change in the way of the "Arab Spring" in N. Korea.

They might change with an inexperienced spoiled brat who has never had a job in his life, succumbing to pressure from his military advisors to cross the DMZ or push the red button.

If history tells us anything, it's that starving people are notoriously unpredictable. Let's hope like hell that Lil' Kim doesn't choose this moment in time to try to overcompensate for his sexual inadequacies, huh?

I think this is incredibly dangerous and foolish of us.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
If the fault belongs to anyone, and you really have to point fingers they should be pointed squarely at the people of North Korea, they are allowing all of this to happen.

Do something about those that you are allowing to have power over you. If the citizens of North Korea were to act, they would find world wide support for their freedom.

While that sure sounds good...it's pretty ignorant.

We live in the good ol' USA where the HISTORY OF THE NATION AND PEOPLE are BUILT upon this sort of an idea, right?

Now...how many people here have "done something" about the Assassination of JFK? Think about it...74% of the public thinks that there is a governmental coverup and another 12% said they were "unsure". Sadly, in America this 12% might be "unsure" of who JFK even was, much less the details of his assassination. That leaves only 14% that think that the Warren Commission did a good job and the public has all the facts, right?

So...what have you or anyone who know done to truly bring JFK's murderers to justice? Conspiracy books and TV shows abound, Oliver Stone made an excellent flick about it...and not a DAMN THING has even come CLOSE to changing.

Likewise...Congresses approval rating has been finding new "all-time" lows for the last twelve years. Why haven't we "done something" about it?

Answer: It's a hell of a lot easier said than done.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why send aid to a nation which has the money to send a billion dollar failplane into the ocean but somehow can't supply food to it's people? It's a pretty clear and simple message you're sending to the N. Korean elites. it's on their shoulders whether they look after their people. They have the means, but they choose to spend their meagre wealth on frivolity.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Stop posting lies. The US are not inhumane, the North Korean government are inhumane. Again, the US are not inhumane, the North Korean government are inhumane.

I recently withdrew donations to a charity I disagree with; Am I now responsible for the problem I was funding the solution for?
edit on 14-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Do you guys actually believe the US was giving food to NK? Its all propaganda to make them seem like the good guys. They gave them nothing, they just want the public to think they did. For the last 40 years, the US have done nothing out of selflessness.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Now that I'm my late 40's,I find I'm better able to get a feel for both sides of a situation by simply asking what if the tables were turned. If I was living within a country that so very clearly cares so very little for its people, would I realistically be able to relocate? Or would I just live there and make the best out of it? Most likely this would be the route I would take.
And to make matters worse, if an outside country penalized my country resulting in an even worse situation I would surely resent this, and I would feel it is wrong....

I think the OP is correct and this approach will do nothing more than hurt the people who are already hurting. Thank you for having a heart as a fellow human and not be consumed by the worlds hate
SnF

edit on 14-4-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't really care if everyone in North Korea starves to death. That's what they get for having a stupid leader and not having the balls to overthrow him.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by enzomedici

It is likely that they are powerless to do so. The Army is well fed and has all the guns. Totalitarian governments always disarm the people and outlaw secret societies and gatherings. The people have no weapons and can't organize to do anything. The government will not use food aid for their people and seem to say that they don't need it because they can spend millions on missiles and bombs to threaten the South Koreans. Giving them food will only make the big dogs bigger.
The US should continue to keep them from acquiring guidance systems. I think the Chinese know what a problem they are and are just giving them enough to keep them occupied while waiting for fearless leader to have a fatal accident.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes someone needs to punish north Koreas glorious leader. Although he is old enough to play with rockets, he did not have the correct adult supervision

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You do realize that the food aid is confiscated for the military or sold to the North Korean people? No one who actually needs that food aid gets it for free once it crosses the border.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Im not a pal...Imma clown.....and there is such a thing as tact.........which you emotionally seem to lack. All you really had to say was.....I hate threads with a misinformed OP...and I would of left it for that.

Yet your demeanor comes through in your words very clearly which brings me to a subject that in itself is solely off topic for this thread.

I like you, you'd make a great science project. And just because you are to deny ignorance.....doesn't mean you have to be a a**hole about it...Im sure the OP would have been more open to suggestion if you had merely handled the OP with a little courtesy....then you could have continued to educate her/he to why she/he was wrong without p*ssin her off in the process.

Science project indeed.....wanna go bowling? You have nice eyes.....Here smell my flower

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Sorry...but I do not think along the same line as you. The US is humane in offering food aid in the first place. There are so many countries in this world but not many can or are willing to offer this aid. However there is a condition. The condition is to stop test launch of strategic rockets or long range rockets and enrichment of nuclear materials. It is not too much to ask for, in return, as N Korea should be channeling its resources to feeding the masses instead of spending whatever money they have into military armaments. We have to be fair in our assessment of the situation.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
We should end ALL foreign aid of any kind until after we get our own house in order. There are people here in the US going hungry.

Yes and why were we giving aid to a known Communist country????? I had no idea we were giving aid to N Korea. If is was S Korea that's different. There's a reason we fought the Korean war, it was to stop communism in it's tracks. Same thing with Viet Nam, but TPTB sabotaged the efforts of winning those wars and the communists basically kept on.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's also a completely ridiculous thing to borrow money from the Communist Chinese to give aid to Communist N Korea. Are our leaders out of their minds?

And how strange for such a thing to come up right after the recent news report on the gulag style prisons in N Korea. The radicals really like to completely turn truth on it's head.
edit on 15-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To be fair, NK did agree to stop the launch in receipt of food aid from US. (clearly showing that in the end, they don't give a damn about their people.)

And second, that's their second WRECKLESS launch that easily could have hit a neighboring country, killing innocent people. Fortunately for them, most of the Earth is water…

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join