It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you smarter than an athiest? Cuz man they are smart.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Wow, that's false. "Allah" is the Babylonian moon god, "sin". Muhammad just picked the biggest idol in Medina and formed a religion on that one and destroyed the others.
I was responding to Iason, your christian brother, who said that Allah and Jesus were one and the same. I hope you realized that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Blessedness isn't static, but progressive in the Greek as it's used in the NT. It's "makarioi" (G3107) which means "fully satisfied". It's not a 1 time deal.
Ah, so you CAN see Jesus and believe, and still be blessed. That's cool. I wonder why they stated it like that though? What does it matter if you see or don't see to believe? You can still be blessed either way.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I missed one. The one about the Catholic view of the bread/wine. I selected it was a SYMBOL of the blood/body of Christ but apparently it is believed that it BECOMES the blood/body of Christ.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Blessedness isn't static, but progressive in the Greek as it's used in the NT. It's "makarioi" (G3107) which means "fully satisfied". It's not a 1 time deal.
Ah, so you CAN see Jesus and believe, and still be blessed. That's cool. I wonder why they stated it like that though? What does it matter if you see or don't see to believe? You can still be blessed either way.

Read "more fully blessed". And it hinges on the conditions described in the beatitudes and being "in Christ". But want to know the reason why someone who doesn't see is much more "blessed"? They are operating in the dimensionality of faith.

Example. It was a glorious feat for an apostle who had seen Him do all the miracles and raise from the dead to endure martyrdom, they saw Him raise from the dead. Those who never saw Him rise and still endure martyrdom or persecution have a much greater Blessedness because they are operating with the dimensionality of faith factoring into the equation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Example. It was a glorious feat for an apostle who had seen Him do all the miracles and raise from the dead to endure martyrdom, they saw Him raise from the dead. Those who never saw Him rise and still endure martyrdom or persecution have a much greater Blessedness because they are operating with the dimensionality of faith factoring into the equation.
Yes, I totally understand that. No problems here. The way I feel about it though, I don't give a crap about being blessed. I want truth. I don't want it to hinge on faith, because having faith doesn't make your beliefs true. Otherwise, all beliefs would be true. I want truth, not faith in truth, but knowledge of truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

you said...

Joseph Smith never said Jesus appeared to him.

Mormons believe Jesus actually appeared to the nephites...

So technically you're right... he didn't say that as far as i've read...

but i said the mormons believe Jesus visited the nephites... in person.

So why are you arguing with me? What I said is true. Joseph Smith met some fallen angel named Moroni, and had he remembered two key verses from the NT, and one major principle from the OT he would have instantly knew it wasn't a messenger from God.

He wasn't Biblically astute. Whenever satan deceived someone or tried to in the Bible he QUOTED SCRIPTURE.

Half of it most of the time, or a word added here, but he quoted God's Word. And you know as well as I do if we tell half the truth it's still a lie.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

For the sake of arguement i suppose...

i said you are correct... my mistake.

I haven't got through the entire book as of yet...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yes, I totally understand that. No problems here. The way I feel about it though, I don't give a crap about being blessed. I want truth. I don't want it to hinge on faith, because having faith doesn't make your beliefs true. Otherwise, all beliefs would be true. I want truth, not faith in truth, but knowledge of truth.

Yeah, I just happened to remember that because my reading brought me to Matthew 5, unknown to me the thread was steered this way. The Holy Spirit guides in crazy ways if your spiritual ears are tuned in correctly. And I don't concentrate on none of that stuff either, but when situations come up verses come to mind when necessary.

The Truth is there for you if you answer that knock of the door of your heart.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

For the sake of arguement i suppose...

i said you are correct... my mistake.

I haven't got through the entire book as of yet...

No biggie friend.

I'm not tripped up about it.

You know how we do it.

You should get saved and get it over with, you'd make a formidable warrior.

It's gonna happen one of these days, I'm praying for that, and unlike most everyone else I'm not doubting.

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

See, that's where the problem is. If your god wants to speak to me, it can't be inside my own head. I need him here physically, speaking to me verbally. Too many times I've seen people get their god's voice confused with their own thoughts. It doesn't make any sense that they can't differentiate the two. You'd think that if the creator of the universe were speaking to you, you'd know it, not confuse it with your own thoughts.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
32 out of 32, and I am a Christian (but not a closed minded radical Bible thump-er)

Nice to meet you Christian. Where did you learn this deep hatred for the Word of God?

I never learned any deep hatred for God, nor do I have a deep hatred for the word of God, I am not even sure what the word of God will be when He speaks to me. I think I have been spoken too a few times, but in the glory that was the moment, I failed to even think of writing it down, come to think of it, God did not so much "speak" to me as much as he "communicated" with me, if that makes any sense.

When I read the stories in the Bible, I learn the lessons that are being taught, the moral examples, the Truth about how I should live my life, the principle that are being taught, the stories that were passed down for generations from man to man, and finally written down, the further translations and interpretations made by people generations later when translating it into new languages, or into forms that were more palatable to that generation, the choices that they made that were not quite correct in their translations, and sometimes, even the bias on subjectivity of their translations.

There are many books, movies, and even musical pieces written and performed today that can be said to be inspired by God, though many would dismiss them. God's word, and works ca be seen throughout history and life, not just a translated book that was repeatedly translated, after being passed by word of mouth for generations as stories, from letters or conversations between people of faith, and their flocks.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I don't want it to hinge on faith, because having faith doesn't make your beliefs true.

You'll NEVER know unless you first make that step of faith. Christ always asked people to do something they could do before giving them something they could not do. When people had no faith He didn't say "I wish i could do miracle here..", He said "I CANNOT..."

God operates on faith, satan operates on sight. without faith it is impossible to please God. Impossible. James says without first faith a person should never expect anything from God. He only comes to those with faith. That's why many prayers are when people are at the end of their rope and have given up on everything else. He wants us to die to self first, kill the one thing that got satan kicked out of heaven. Pride.

You have it totally backwards friend, God operates the opposite of the world. The world says "Show me then I will believe", "God says "Show me faith and I will respond." Or:

"I never would have seen it if I didn't first believe it."

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

All are saved...

You're good at promoting my threads bro

No need to be saved...

thanks though

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I never learned any deep hatred for God, nor do I have a deep hatred for the word of God, I am not even sure what the word of God will be when He speaks to me.

*pause*

Okay, short Greek lesson:

"Rhema" is the spoken Word

"Logos" is the written Word.

Both Greek words, (and 1 other not important to mention now), are translated "word" in English.

If you have no faith in the Logos Word of God you will NEVER hear the Rhema Word of God.

Okay, recompute and respond please.

*unpause*

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You'll NEVER know unless you first make that step of faith. Christ always asked people to do something they could do before giving them something they could not do. When people had no faith He didn't say "I wish i could do miracle here..", He said "I CANNOT..."
I've already went down that road. Now I'm an atheist.

God operates on faith, satan operates on sight. without faith it is impossible to please God. Impossible.
What kind of god would require his followers to just have faith or be doomed? It doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I'll be doomed and get what I deserve. It is strange though that he has appeared to 1000s of Muslims as you put it. Wonder why he didn't require them to simply have faith that he was god, not Allah?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I was under the impression that no one could come to him unless he was led by the holy spirit. I didn't know you could just "get saved and get it over with".
edit on 13-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

See, that's where the problem is. If your god wants to speak to me, it can't be inside my own head. I need him here physically, speaking to me verbally. Too many times I've seen people get their god's voice confused with their own thoughts. It doesn't make any sense that they can't differentiate the two. You'd think that if the creator of the universe were speaking to you, you'd know it, not confuse it with your own thoughts.

That's how He speaks to us half the time, either that calm still voice in the head, or through the Rhema Word when we are reading the Logos Word. (See above post)

And without faith, you'll never have a chance. First it takes faith. He works 100% opposite to this World.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I was under the impression that no one could come to him unless he was led by the holy spirit. I didn't know you could just "get saved and get it over with".

The Holy Spirit draws all men to Christ. That's a given. I don't even need to factor that into my equation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

And without faith, you'll never have a chance. First it takes faith. He works 100% opposite to this World.
That's fine. If he knows everything, at least he knows where I'm coming from.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

All are saved...

You're good at promoting my threads bro

No need to be saved...

thanks though

You should know by now not to play semantics with me, and also it's kind of cheap you're using our friendship to shamelessly plug your thread. I'm not a radio station selling advertising rights.

Put the damn thing in your signature.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join