It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are you smarter than an athiest? Cuz man they are smart.

page: 9
11
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
And without faith, you'll never have a chance. First it takes faith. He works 100% opposite to this World.
That's fine. If he knows everything, at least he knows where I'm coming from.


You're coming from the mentality of the World. He hates that mentality. A friend of the world is an enemy to God.




posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Wow, that's false. "Allah" is the Babylonian moon god, "sin". Muhammad just picked the biggest idol in Medina and formed a religion on that one and destroyed the others.
I was responding to Iason, your christian brother, who said that Allah and Jesus were one and the same. I hope you realized that.


Yeah, i done did a u2u to him explaining that after I saw his post, yours was the first one I got to, I was hitting posts from the last page forward.

He's on the right track now.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Holy Spirit draws all men to Christ. That's a given. I don't even need to factor that into my equation.

John 6:44 Jesus said "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draw him: and I will raise him up on the last day.''

Why does it say "unless the Father who sent Me draw him" if we are all drawn to him anyway? It's kind of a strange statement to make if it is a given that we are all drawn to him.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You're coming from the mentality of the World. He hates that mentality. A friend of the world is an enemy to God.
Does he love his enemies? I hate that he feels that way. That's one reason I don't like speaking about religious beliefs with people I know, because once they see how I think, they will tend to shun me. I've already lost a christian missionary friend because of it.

Yet, I can't help it if your god sees me as his enemy. I have to be true to myself, no matter who gets upset or angry with me.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Holy Spirit draws all men to Christ. That's a given. I don't even need to factor that into my equation.

John 6:44 Jesus said "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draw him: and I will raise him up on the last day.''

Why does it say "unless the Father who sent Me draw him" if we are all drawn to him anyway? It's kind of a strange statement to make if it is a given that we are all drawn to him.


Entire council of God friend:

"Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." 1 Tim. 2:4

"Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?" Ezekiel 18:23

"For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!" Ezekiel 18:32

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

"Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish." Matthew 18:14



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You're coming from the mentality of the World. He hates that mentality. A friend of the world is an enemy to God.
Does he love his enemies? I hate that he feels that way. That's one reason I don't like speaking about religious beliefs with people I know, because once they see how I think, they will tend to shun me. I've already lost a christian missionary friend because of it.

Yet, I can't help it if your god sees me as his enemy. I have to be true to myself, no matter who gets upset or angry with me.


You hate that He refuses to operate in satan's favorite method of deception?

Let that sit for a few friend. Chew on that.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You hate that He refuses to operate in satan's favorite method of deception?

Let that sit for a few friend. Chew on that.
Instead, he is operating under the same method as all other gods. You know, people have claimed, such as these Muslims you've talked about, that Jesus has appeared to them. Was that really Satan? Chew on that.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You hate that He refuses to operate in satan's favorite method of deception?

Let that sit for a few friend. Chew on that.
Instead, he is operating under the same method as all other gods. You know, people have claimed, such as these Muslims you've talked about, that Jesus has appeared to them. Was that really Satan? Chew on that.


If satan is divided against satan his kingdom cannot stand. Satan won't pretend to be Jesus saying Christianity is true and He died for them and to trust Him.

Now please answer mine friend.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Truth is there for you if you answer that knock of the door of your heart.
See, that's where the problem is. If your god wants to speak to me, it can't be inside my own head. I need him here physically, speaking to me verbally. Too many times I've seen people get their god's voice confused with their own thoughts. It doesn't make any sense that they can't differentiate the two. You'd think that if the creator of the universe were speaking to you, you'd know it, not confuse it with your own thoughts.


I sometimes wonder myself how many people who claim to have spoken to God, or his angels, are actually suffering from schizophrenia or manic delusions. Not trying to be mean, but beyond a very personal level, how does one prove that it was God, and not some kind of mental illness or disorder that caused a delusional vision.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The Truth is there for you if you answer that knock of the door of your heart.
See, that's where the problem is. If your god wants to speak to me, it can't be inside my own head. I need him here physically, speaking to me verbally. Too many times I've seen people get their god's voice confused with their own thoughts. It doesn't make any sense that they can't differentiate the two. You'd think that if the creator of the universe were speaking to you, you'd know it, not confuse it with your own thoughts.


I sometimes wonder myself how many people who claim to have spoken to God, or his angels, are actually suffering from schizophrenia or manic delusions. Not trying to be mean, but beyond a very personal level, how does one prove that it was God, and not some kind of mental illness or disorder that caused a delusional vision.


The same way you prove it wasn't,.. faith. Except ours isn't "blind faith".

And btw, you're like the 50 thousandth pseudo-Psychologist I've met on the internet.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Couldnt agree more.They are a completly dillusional and very dangerous lot. i mean people who know bible passages off by heart! Freaky! Sad and Laughable.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
If satan is divided against satan his kingdom cannot stand. Satan won't pretend to be Jesus saying Christianity is true and He died for them and to trust Him.

Now please answer mine friend.
Exactly, so why he can't he do that for me, without it being Satan? This is what I'm asking. When I said, let him show up and speak with me and let me see him, you immediately respond with "that's how Satan operates". Then I remind you that YOU claimed that Jesus did show up for these 1000s of Muslims, so I ask again, why can't he do that for me....without you saying "that's Satan's favorite deception"?

So, what I'm gathering from you is that when Jesus appears to Muslims, it really is Jesus. But if it happens to me, it's Satan.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
I sometimes wonder myself how many people who claim to have spoken to God, or his angels, are actually suffering from schizophrenia or manic delusions. Not trying to be mean, but beyond a very personal level, how does one prove that it was God, and not some kind of mental illness or disorder that caused a delusional vision.
IMO, if god is omnipotent, he would know how to reveal himself the right way.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
I sometimes wonder myself how many people who claim to have spoken to God, or his angels, are actually suffering from schizophrenia or manic delusions. Not trying to be mean, but beyond a very personal level, how does one prove that it was God, and not some kind of mental illness or disorder that caused a delusional vision.
IMO, if god is omnipotent, he would know how to reveal himself the right way.


You're not God. Your way isn't the "right way". By default the mere thought means its not the right way. That should clue you in.

Others have had no trouble le meeting Him. We just chose to do it on His terms, not demanded He do it on ours. You are not God, big G or little g. Both those jobs are already filled.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Double post.


edit on 14-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
If satan is divided against satan his kingdom cannot stand. Satan won't pretend to be Jesus saying Christianity is true and He died for them and to trust Him.

Now please answer mine friend.
Exactly, so why he can't he do that for me, without it being Satan? This is what I'm asking. When I said, let him show up and speak with me and let me see him, you immediately respond with "that's how Satan operates". Then I remind you that YOU claimed that Jesus did show up for these 1000s of Muslims, so I ask again, why can't he do that for me....without you saying "that's Satan's favorite deception"?

So, what I'm gathering from you is that when Jesus appears to Muslims, it really is Jesus. But if it happens to me, it's Satan.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)


No, go to the last page and follow this again. You're missing the first step, and said that step is stupid basically and said you refuse to operate that way.

Your loss, its not because you've not been informed. You won't listen, then demand God accommodate your demands. I said you'll never meet Him that way.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
No, go to the last page and follow this again. You're missing the first step, and said that step is stupid basically and said you refuse to operate that way.

Your loss, its not because you've not been informed. You won't listen, then demand God accommodate your demands. I said you'll never meet Him that way.
If you go back on the last page and re-read, you'll see that I said I've already been down the faith road, and now I'm an atheist.

If your god is real, then I'll meet him when I die, and that would be cool. Too bad it will be a short meeting as he will usher me away to be tortured.

It will be kind of a win-lose situation for me.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You're not God. Your way isn't the "right way". By default the mere thought means its not the right way. That should clue you in.

Others have had no trouble le meeting Him. We just chose to do it on His terms, not demanded He do it on ours. You are not God, big G or little g. Both those jobs are already filled.
I didn't claim I was god. I said that if your god is omnipotent, he would know how to reveal himself the right way. As in, he could do it so that it would not appear schizophrenic or delusional. For example, he could tell me something that might happen the next day at a specific time. This would give credence to the reality of his visit.

Every time I've spoken out to your god, where ever he is, I've ASKED that he reveal himself to me, not demanded it.

Now that I think about it, I've never spoken out to Zeus, or Vishnu, or Allah, maybe I should try that?
edit on 14-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 



Every time I've spoken out to your god, where ever he is, I've ASKED that he reveal himself to me, not demanded it.


That's not Biblical faith. That's the Hellenized version of 'hope" or "making a "wish". Sadly it may take you being on your deathbed to finally operate in Biblical faith. Fatih means you are trusting in what He has already said in His Word, and you're praying with His Words as a "confirmation number". Biblical faith is like when you make a reservation at a hotel 3 states over and you drive there, you have no doubt whatsoever that they have your room ready for you because they already gave you a "confirmation number" and you're acting on that.

That's the Biblical concept of faith.


If you go back on the last page and re-read, you'll see that I said I've already been down the faith road, and now I'm an atheist.


No, you've operated in the Hellenized idea of faith, or "hope" really. Read my comment above. Biblical faith is you know it will happen and pray like it already has been answered in His Word. I perceive you never had undoubting faith just by what you've said here. Abraham had faith because God had already promised him Issac would father a great namtion so Abrham was operating on that promise. Or basically:

"God promised Issac would be a great nation, that's God's problem now, He'll have to raise Issac from the dead if I kill him, He's already given His Word that He'll be a great nation. I don't know what plan God has, but I know I'll come down rom the mountain with my son again, God's already said it, so it will be."

THAT'S Biblical faith. A better word is "complete trust".


edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Absolutely,

God will only manifest Himself in dire situations, to those who are TRULY in need of Him,

not just because some prideful person wants Him to prove his existence to them for no good reason,
plus think of it like this - even if Jesus appeared to most atheists in person, they'd lose there faith within an hour or two of him being gone - they'd explain it as delusions, hallucinations, etc.

Faith.

Gotta have faith.

Going to worship now!

"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD"

Amen




top topics



 
11
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join