It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you smarter than an athiest? Cuz man they are smart.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, message Colbe if he believes in "sola fide" and get ready for the fireworks.

do I have to?
If my mom signs a form can I opt out of that lesson??
Call in sick??
he he.

"hey colbe!! are you still here???" (I think he left.)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

No, message Colbe if he believes in "sola fide" and get ready for the fireworks.

do I have to?
If my mom signs a form can I opt out of that lesson??
Call in sick??
he he.

"hey colbe!! are you still here???" (I think he left.)

basically, you'll find out with a 3 paragraph fire-filled rant with the most extreme vitriol imaginable that they don't believe in faith alone (sola fide).

It's the lynchpin that split Catholicism and Protestantism. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

For 1,500 years the church wouldn't let the layperson have the Word of God to read for themselves, and told them what it said. They refused to allow people to learn to read. When people began to print the Bibles in common language and not Latin and teach people to read that started the Inquisitions and 18+ million Protestants were murdered by Rome. (Rev. 17:1-7)

That's how colleges began, to teach people to read because they felt it was vital to be able to read the Bible. The Ivy League schools were founded as Seminaries here in the US. Protestants wanted people to have the Bible in their spoken tongues and be able to read it. The RCC HATED both those concepts and the bloodbath began.

People began to read the Bible for themselves and trusted in "sola fide" and left the church. Martin Luther was consumed with Habakkuk 2:4 and Ephesians 2:8-9.

Brief history lesson.

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm an agnostic atheist and I got 29 out of 32. I am embarrassed to say that I couldn't remember what Mother Theresa or Ghandi's belief system was. Also, I missed the one about Maimondes or whatever.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I am embarrassed

I was for a minute, too..but then I remembered...it's okay to admit when you don't know something...and it's a chance to learn.
(although I did get Mother Theresa right)...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I gave up religion a long time ago....the whole thing makes me ill...

especially certain family members who constantly tell me how Christian they are and go to church every week...and they are mean, nasty disgusting humans....go figure.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
(although I did get Mother Theresa right)...

Meh, it seemed too easy of an answer that she was Catholic. I thought I remembered that she was not under the christian belief system, so I went with my gut. I hate my guts.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

On Maimonides....

One of the greatest Hebrew sages in history.

This "greatest hebrew sage" also punctuated Jesus' name with "may his bones to be ground to dust".
Just saying.

edit on 13-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: grammar

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

You answered 30 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 94%.

I missed the one about salvation and faith (Protestants and/or Catholics)...I chose 'both'.
Also, I almost answered Islam for the main religion of Pakistan but second-guessed myself and answered Hindu..I knew better, I think, but that's no excuse. LOL

I do hope I'm not a high-horse know-it-all, though.

But...I may be. I won't be offended if anyone begs to differ.

I do not consider myself an adherent of any certain religion...I just try to do what GOD tells me to do...and I've studied world religions somewhat extensively out of curiosity...as opposed to searching for one for me...something I've never felt I needed...a religion, that is.

I heard something on a youtube the other day, that Tim Wallace-Murphy said...that I have also found for myself, through my personal investigation. It was something to the effect that once we start looking at the similarities instead of the differences...(I think he said)it leads to greater understanding (and I think, personally, TOLERANCE and LOVE).

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

27Correct 5 Wrong
You answered 27 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 84%.

I just read this story about one of these brilliant atheists who did a 180 after a NDE.

As I lay dying a voice said: ‘Let’s go’

www.catholicherald.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

A direct experience of God Almighty can turn the hardest heart, the most skeptical atheist, the most militant atheist,

into a Bible thumping, God loving, God fearing man.

I know this firsthand.

Because I was one,

and I am one now,

Amen

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Scary.. I scored 31/32 and I'm an atheist.

edit on 2012/4/13 by kyoushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

A direct experience of God Almighty can turn the hardest heart, the most skeptical atheist, the most militant atheist,

into a Bible thumping, God loving, God fearing man.

I know this firsthand.

Because I was one,

and I am one now,

Amen

Why didn't it turn you into a Qur'an thumping Mohammad loving muslim? Is it because you aren't brought up in a muslim country?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Atheist, 28 out of 32. Who is maiomiaides?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

Well, i had a long reply to this written out, then my internet hiccuped and I lost everything I wrote,

The basis of it was:

Mohammed was a false prophet, the entire Quran is completely theologically wrong, and look at how many muslims are converted by visions and dreams of Jesus appearing, and they realize that Jesus is greater than Mohammed, and in fact Jesus is one and the same with Allah!

Praise Him!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm christian. I received a 28 out of 32. First because I thought that both Buddhism and Hinduism strive for Nirvana, since both believe in reincarnation amiright? Then the catholic communion one, because I forgot that they LITERALLY believe its the blood and body of Jesus. Then the Miomedias one because I have no Idea who that is and my family practices Messianic Judaism. And then the most common religion in India, which I thought had shifted from the traditional Hinduism to Islam. But I guess I am wrong.....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

Nirvana is indeed an idea in both Buddhism and Hindu....and also in Jainism.
But mostly associated with Buddhism...at least to the creators of the quiz, that is.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

A Jewish sage from the middle ages.
More info at wiki

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by signalfire

I gave up religion a long time ago....the whole thing makes me ill...

especially certain family members who constantly tell me how Christian they are and go to church every week...and they are mean, nasty disgusting humans....go figure.

That's religion for ya, check my video below. Now, don't confuse Jesus with Religion and make the same mistake Ghandi did.

The spirit of Legalistic Religiosity didn't die with the last Pharisee.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
atheist , scored 30 / 32 -

i put it down to the fact that atheists study everything - mot just repeating the std theist dogma " we are right - you are wrong , out book says so "

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I missed the one about salvation and faith (Protestants and/or Catholics)...I chose 'both'.

Yeah, so did I!
And also, like you, I thought nirvana was originally Hindu and Buddhists adopted it....

high-five...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join