It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you smarter than an athiest? Cuz man they are smart.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Atheist here, with a score of 21 of 32 correct. Guess I am right at the average for my particular faith, or lack there of, I should say. I will be passing this onto my brother to see his results, as he is a strong Christian, and I will be curious to see how he scores. Thanks OP for the link. That was fun and interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by DarkKnight21

I'd certainly love to see the results from some of the know-it-all high horsers round these parts... of any religion or non-religion really.

Retaining trivial knowledge has nothing to do with real intelligence.

If I named every world leader in the last 300 years, for example, it wouldn't make me smart, just a sponge.

Yes, I understand this is a test of general knowledge rather than critical thinking. You could easily google all the answers for all I care. Still an interesting quiz and I think by doing it in this way (revealing your test score with your religion) allows us to avoid the usual mud throwing from posters of all faiths here on ATS.
edit on 4/13/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

if one has no God above the state or their government, then they're simply a subject.

and quite possibly more dangerous being a rogue... I would like these individuals monitored

edit on 13-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

I got the same thing 27 out of 32 www.csmonitor.com...

sorry Jewish people its friday and I had no clue thought it was Saturday and who the hell is Maimonides that one was totally new

Isn't it sun down on friday to sun rise on saturday? or something to that effect

Sundown on Friday until sundown on Saturday, with sundown being defined as when you can see three stars in the sky.

Oh and one more thing! Since when did Jesus present himself in the Americas! wtf
Man, I used to think Joseph Smith was a genius... or maybe I'm too ignorant to figure out what it means

Since the Book of Mormon said he did.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaneC
32/32

Whose a clever girl then!?

Star!

Okay, so far you get the "Religion For Dummies" award.

The questions were ridiculously simple, and two of the answers were in error.

But whatever, it's from Christian Sciences.

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Well I got only 1 wrong but to be honest their answer was completely incorrect, which was surprising.

Two were actually. The one about Genesis and the one about Job.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Iason321
Mohammed was a false prophet, the entire Quran is completely theologically wrong, and look at how many muslims are converted by visions and dreams of Jesus appearing, and they realize that Jesus is greater than Mohammed, and in fact Jesus is one and the same with Allah!

Praise Him!
Wait a second....the Quran, who teaches about Allah, is completely theologically wrong, but Jesus is the same as Allah??

Wow, that's false. "Allah" is the Babylonian moon god, "sin". Muhammad just picked the biggest idol in Medina and formed a religion on that one and destroyed the others.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I'm a Christian, read Michael Behe's works. It's impossible to believe Evolution when you put his book down.

Impossible.
Did you see where he was defeated in court?

In logic I never learned court = truth. What law of logic is that specifically? I thought court = legally binding opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Thousands of Muslims are reporting, (anonymously of course), that He is appearing to them too.
Hey, just like Joseph Smith!

Joseph Smith never said Jesus appeared to him. The angel "moroni".

Besides, it's not like they don't believe in Jesus. They just don't believe in him like you do.

They say He is the spirit brother of Lucifer. Not exactly the same team, not by a long shot.

Maybe he will appear to me. That would be cool. But of course, the bible says, "Blessed are those who believe without seeing." So, I take it these Muslims aren't blessed.
I actually don't care to be blessed, just let me meet him if he's real and a god.

Blessedness isn't static, but progressive in the Greek as it's used in the NT. It's "makarioi" (G3107) which means "fully satisfied". It's not a 1 time deal.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

As I understand it, he did. He also said that it was right next door here in Independence, MO, where one of the temples of that faith are built...and that the Garden of Eden was here, too...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

NuT! That was rude...she's brand new! *slaps wrist*
Yeah, they were simple, but some of us missed a few anyway....
I think it shows that she's well-read and has her act together. More than many...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftySinister

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

I'd certainly love to see the results from some of the know-it-all high horsers round these parts... of any religion or non-religion really.

Retaining trivial knowledge has nothing to do with real intelligence.

If I named every world leader in the last 300 years, for example, it wouldn't make me smart, just a sponge.

It would make you a very smart sponge.

A very educated sponge.

However, I can introduce you to a ton of folks who are educated far beyond their intelligence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

NuT! That was rude...she's brand new! *slaps wrist*
Yeah, they were simple, but some of us missed a few anyway....
I think it shows that she's well-read and has her act together. More than many...

I didn't call her a dummy, it was a slam on the test for being simple. Like the "For Dummies" manuals they sell that make subjects very simple to understand.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Actually mormons believe Jesus actually visited them...

Apparently carrying a KJV bible...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

As I understand it, he did. He also said that it was right next door here in Independence, MO, where one of the temples of that faith are built...and that the Garden of Eden was here, too...

Why do you doubt me young grasshopper after the Indonesia bit?

It was on September 21, 1823, when the angel Moroni first appeared to the young prophet Joseph Smith in his farm home near Palmyra, New York."

www.josephsmithmormon.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Actually mormons believe Jesus actually visited them...

Apparently carrying a KJV bible...

See above. He spoke to an "angel of light" which called himself "Moroni".

Warning flags should have immediately sprung up in Joseph Smith's head when that happened.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Incorrect... believe your assumption

OR

read it for yourself...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.lds.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Incorrect... believe your assumption

OR

read it for yourself...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.lds.org...

Your ATS thread doesn't trump Joseph Smith's written testimony.

That's the "Book of Mormon". I'm talking about the angel of light that appeared to him and said "I'm Moroni bro, what's up?"

It was on September 21, 1823, when the angel Moroni first appeared to the young prophet Joseph Smith in his farm home near Palmyra, New York.

As we remember it today, we declare our solemn testimony to all mankind that, indeed, Moroni did come! It is a fact, a firm and unshakable truth. Moroni came!

www.JOSEPHSMITHMORMON.com...

Joseph Smith himself talking about his 2nd visit with the angel "Moroni". We can see who Joesph Smith himself says visited him, is that good enough proof for this discussion?:

www.lds.org/library/..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

you said...

Joseph Smith never said Jesus appeared to him.

Mormons believe Jesus actually appeared to the nephites...

So technically you're right... he didn't say that as far as i've read...

but i said the mormons believe Jesus visited the nephites... in person.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

In logic I never learned court = truth. What law of logic is that specifically? I thought court = legally binding opinion.

I don't know, good question. Next time you use the court scenario, such as when you say, "The testimonies of Jesus's resurrection would hold up in court," remember it doesn't make it truth.

Besides, I just asking if you knew he was defeated in court, by another christian no less.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join