It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
Who would have found these fossils and how were they returned to earth?

The U.S Government.

As far as most of us are aware , none of the landers have ever returned .

How do you know what has returned or not? You assume that because you were not told or you didn't hear about it that it's not possible? Good luck with that yes man attitude.

Supposition and fanciful theories lend nothing to this thread .

Neither does being rude, condescending or closed minded. Oh and uh, ATS is a discussion forum. If you don't like it, too bad. ~$heopleNation
edit on 13-4-2012 by SheopleNation because: Typ0

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You have homeless people on the streets, so many looking for jobs, you have a welfare society and soon the universal healthcare cost will be higher than the nation's GDP but you want MORE funding to NASA???

NASA firstly won't tell you anything they find, they are more secretive than the soviets, plus you can't afford

Come on man

nasa's budget is less than 20 billion dollars. in 2010, entitlement spending was 2 trillion dollars. military spending in 2010 was roughly 530+ billion. federal education programs for 2010 were about 150billion.

nasa's budget is peanuts. you could cut the military budget in half, give it to nasa, and we'd still have the largest and most well armed military in the world. stop acting like 20 billion dollars is such a huge deal in relation to government spending.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelligence101

but you'll certainly use pictures and data they've gathered wont you? that seems to be the M.O. of people who irrationally hate NASA and believe them to be part of some secrecy cabal.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Hi there,

Hi, Rob.

I'm pretty sure you'll release some type of statement distancing yourselves from anything to do with this report before I get a reply, but just in case I thought I'd try.

The report is here, which you're surely well aware of by now : www.msnbc.msn.com...

It is not NASA's policy to comment upon the work of independent researchers. Our mandate is to provide the results of our own work to the public.

So as someone who researches the paranormal, I'd like to ask the following :

There is nothing paranormal about exobiology or the exploration of the Solar System.

a) If you choose once again to distance yourselves from this, why so? Who are you protecting?

It is not the policy of NASA to comment upon the work of independent researchers. We are protecting the integrity of scientific discourse.

b) why does it seem like you promote ignorance about life beyond our planet instead of giving us some truth?

NASA fulfills its obligations to the American taxpayer and the whole of humanity by fulfilling our mandate to make the results of our research publicly available.

c) do you think your "rules" regarding information connected to extraterrestrials will be relaxed in the near future, allowing us to have our collective blindfolds removed from us? Or do the agencies, governments, bankers and corporations across the world have too much power and influence to lose if we know they're not the ones we should be looking up to?

It is the policy of NASA to make all the data from its missions available to the public, in keeping with its mandate. Researchers are free to publish any conclusions that they arrive at from that data. There is no formal policy concerning the discovery of intelligent life in space, although we adhere to the guidelines set forth by the International Academy of Astronautics Commission 1.

d) what is your own, as a person, not a NASA employee, belief about the possibility of extraterrestrials?

It is not my personal policy to respond to people who insult me.

Thanks for any response either way, but I'd guess that you'll be issuing a statement long before I get a reply,

Rob Hines

You are both welcome and wrong. I love you, too, Rob.

Consider your e-mail replied to.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
An article by a group of scientists published earlier this week in the International Journal of Aeronautic and Space Sciences maintains that life was indeed found on Mars by the USA’s Viking probes that landed on the Red Planet in 1976. The findings were derived from a re-analysis of the data collected from these probes over 30 years ago by applying techniques and information not available at the time. Some scientists, however, remain skeptical. news.discovery.com...

Thomas Fusco is on Coast to Coast right now

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Haha, cheers! And sorry about the tone and any insults. I guess any e-mail will be about the same, and even though it isn't going to stop me from thinking there's stuff being kept quiet, thanks anyway.

Right, now time to e-mail ESA.... (joke.)
edit on 14-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

some soil samples have changed your mind on the One World Government Hypothesis, hmmmmm,.

I do hope you change your underwear as often as you change your mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
this is amazing news

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Something interesting about the monolith. Why is it casting such an obvious and definitive shadow and the hill it sits on does not? That appears to be the only thing of elevation with a shadow like that. The hills should be casting a prominent shadow to match. To me that makes it appear that the image of the so called monolith is doctored.

As far as the viking information it isnt definitive. But cmon we there is life out there. If there is water there is life.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the way they are feeding these tiny bits of information to us.
Sure, it could be to slowly desensitize us, but the paranoid side of me thinks it's something a little more sinister than that.

I've got quite a few different ideas on the world's space exploration program, including thoughts on the dark side of the moon, the moon itself, and Mars.
I guess all we can do is hope for the best, right?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

He's right, and you rofl at it doesn't change the fact that there are indeed structures on mars and yes we have had men stationed on mars as well.

I find your laughing well.... so laughable myself I can hardly contain my chuckle at what you think you know as fact and in your pride you laugh at others. It's so over the top ...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Makes me very angry to think that the powers that be think they had or have the right to not tell the world.
I f the evidence for live WAS found then why have the U.S slowed down space travel by stopping the shuttle launches. if they had found life then i dont think they would of stopped there space programme. I am very interested in this though so i look forward to the updates? thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Who cares about bacteria or any low forms of life existing elsewhere? We all know it is plausible and likely. Until they find intelligence this is a waste of breathe. Nasa is pathetically reaching for more funding is my guess. Either way, Nasa program is useless until they find alternative travel methods through space via light speed, worm hole, stargate, etc. Until then, we are screwed in outer space unless 'they' find us.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I will need to see some pics of these Viking Robots, after all did the Vikings even have that kind of Tech?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes and much more, they built the pyramids which they used as a stargate to Mars.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Took the humans 36 yrs to figure this out? lol.. that red tape must have been quite THICK.

2.1 millions years ago, the core of mars cooled enough to weaken the magnetic field, and the solar flare winds blew off much of the atmosphere. 4.1 million years ago, I expect Mars was lush, and full of life...

Question is... did they have the tech to reach Earth?

They, or "we" ?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Wow that's some awesome pics there.

I'm getting the feeling Carl Sagan should be seen as a prophet, not a scientist.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by justwokeup
I'd be quite happy with a positive confirmation of microbial life on mars. That would be sufficiently awesome to make my year.

Same! Still kind of in disbelief that they might finally be admitting to it, thanks OP! I'm half waiting for them to start backtracking so can't get my hopes up too far, but if they admit to microbial life then that's a serious game changer in itself.

Tbh for me even microbial life would confirm what i already believe myself and that is that the Universe(s) are booming with life. Eventually this will evolve into sentient beings like you and me.

Not that i really need that confirmation for my own beliefs but it would be nice to be able to ridicule all the ones that ridiculed the believers before this.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I've said it before.. I believe that soon scientists will realize that life in the universe is the rule rather than the exception. It's WHY the universe exists - for LIFE to have a place to exist and thrive.

I think that in my lifetime the people who think life only lives on earth will be looked at like flat earthers were in 1500.

The next 20 years will be very exciting.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes and much more, they built the pyramids which they used as a stargate to Mars.

Wow!
the vikings built the pyramids! Wowee!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join