It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
So what is your stance?

Because from the looks of it, we never did figure out what it was! Someone said it could have been from a UFO App (whatever that program is) and others were saying it was not a copy and paste job.

In all honesty, it continues being an Unidentified Flying OBJECT.

So what? I can go out and snap a photo and post it here and all of you can debate for 30 pages that it's still unidentified. Does that mean it matters? Does that mean it's worth talking about? Does that mean it's worth pretending some huge injustice has occurred because of it?

The mods decided it was a hoax. And according to the terms and services that I, and you, and every other person in this thread accepted, it is their right to act accordingly.

The discussion should have ended there. But it didn't because a whole lot of people think an internet forum is suddenly a democracy, and that defending this horrid "injustice" is suddenly right up there with the Civil Rights movement.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
UFO, yes
aliens ?
sick dog, he ate to much

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by Sek82

If you were to witness and capture a photo or video of a UFO, it would be far more appropriate IMO to contact MUFON and upload your photos to a hosting site as suggested in an earlier reply.

MUFON has and will continue being your best bet of contact when you come across a UFO
Cannot even get MUFON to understand the Rendleshem Forest UFO case is real and well documented.This case is not government technology or misidentification.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The best chance we had was Stephen Basset and Steven Greer.Wikipedia has finaly reckoginized Steven Greer.Even they have kooks and loons all through their movement.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

First, not everyone here (myself included) is saying that this story and pictures are not hoaxed ...

I am simply saying that this is not proven to be a hoax and that calling the OP a liar without giving him a chance to defend himself is wrong ...

Pretty simple really ...

Others say "don't like it leave" ... whatever

I say I don't like it and don't mind letting everyone know what I think ...

Anyway I made my point here I'm done with this thread

-------------------------

To the OP,

If you hoaxed this you have done a major disservice to the topic you are so fond of ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The best chance we had was Stephen Basset and Steven Greer.Wikipedia has finaly reckoginized Steven Greer.Even they have kooks an loons all through their movement.

Well from the looks of it then maybe we should just all sit around and wait for the mothership to land. No need on taking pictures or videos since someone out there is going to be ready to debunk it no matter what.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by jaws1975

My rule of thumb, as if it matters to anyone.....

I go thru a process of elimination in order to find truth.

Is it a bird?
Is it an aircraft?
Is it a planet/star?
Is it a satelite?
Is it CGI?
Is it a purposely made hoax?
Is it a misidentification?

WHEN ALL terestial things have been ruled OUT....then it truly is a UFO.

But to jump to UFO!! before everything is ruled OUT is obsurd to me......

Not a popular stance around here....but that is my stance.....

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Ok, you concluded by applying process of elimination that this thing is a hoax.
But you have to agree that in case something is really unexplainable process of elimination doesn't work.
Then how could you know when something is unexplainable? Therefore everything is a hoax, every single thread in Aliens & UFOs.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

the whole point and lifeblood of ats is user-submitted content, the idea being that people will look at this stuff with an open and fair mind. by encouraging members not to post for whatever reason you are betraying that ethos, and by binning a thread for no solid reason you are discouraging people from presenting their content. it's not what ats is supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl

the whole point and lifeblood of ats is user-submitted content, the idea being that people will look at this stuff with an open and fair mind. by encouraging members not to post for whatever reason you are betraying that ethos, and by binning a thread for no solid reason you are discouraging people from presenting their content. it's not what ats is supposed to be.

But I'm not encouraging members not to post. A whole bunch of people here got their panties in a twist because the OP was banned and started the doomsday logic of how such injustice would discourage some people from ever posting a picture again. You know, typical fear mongering and slippery slope type of stuff.

I decided to call them out on that logic and asked who would step up to admit THEY'D never post again.

Guess how many people said they wouldn't? One. One person.

So yeah. Even though there's a whole lot of talk about how terrible this ban is and all the terrible outcomes that could result because of it, in practical reality the real consequences were quite a bit more....

...mundane.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Ok, you concluded by applying process of elimination that this thing is a hoax.
But you have to agree that in case something is really unexplainable process of elimination doesn't work.
Then how could you know when something is unexplainable? Therefore everything is a hoax, every single thread in Aliens & UFOs.

I do not believe everything in A&U is a hoax...why you jumped to that conclusion, I dont get.
This yes, I absolutely believed is hoaxed based on what was presented.
I said in my search for TRUTH, a process of elimination must be made.
I believe many if not most "sightings" are misidentifications not hoaxes.
I also think there are many things in the A&U forum that cannot be explained.

....with that said...i think ive given my opinions enough....my opinion doesn't really matter on any of this anyways

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
get off your high horse, member of oh less than a month ...

This thread has made up my mind I will never post any UFO pictures or experiences on this website ...

ATS simply doesn't deserve to get any pictures or reports from anyone about UFOs ...

If I ever have something I'll contact MUFON or go elsewhere.

Your attitude sucks ....

I thought you were leaving?

Anyway, congrats, guy. You are hereby the SECOND person to step up to bat and put his money where his mouth is. A round of applause, please

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The OPs a liar but ohhhh .... Manners and decorum ... yeah right

here is what i wrote without the attitude ...

This thread has made up my mind I will never post any UFO pictures or experiences on this website ...

ATS simply doesn't deserve to get any pictures or reports from anyone about UFOs ...

If I ever have something I'll contact MUFON or go elsewhere.

----

camus, If enough were paying attention to this thread there would be many more no doubt ....
edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
greeneyedleo

This thread is getting out of hand, we all get the point that it may have been a hoax and as a result the OP was banned.

Now, by keeping this thread open after being deemed a hoax, all we are doing is allowing members challenging each other for no real reason and perhaps causing another ban in the process!

So, can we call it a day on this thread and leave it as what it is for now, a hoax?

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I will admit if I ever would come across a chance to catch on amazing UFO on a camera I would not post it on here.The news media does the same thing with this subject.It is very hard if ever to catch a good photo of this stuff while it is happening anyways.Most are hoaxes as well.
I posted an incredible UFO sighting I had back in the 1990's.Doubt if it ever happens again.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by webpirate

First, not everyone here (myself included) is saying that this story and pictures are not hoaxed ...

I am simply saying that this is not proven to be a hoax and that calling the OP a liar without giving him a chance to defend himself is wrong ...

Not given a chance to defend
himself?

Can you explain why these look like iPhone apps and you have an iPhone and the file names have been changed? these are not original pictures. no phone would name the images "object 1, 2, 3"

And his answer is here.

ah yes. always wondered how this forum would react if i ever got any photographic evidence; i'm not going to bother explaining myself because really there haven't been any real questions raised.... make of it what you will.

And here are excerpts from the EXIF data to back up what I said about him moving.

1. Object 1

Date/Time 2012:04:11 13:41:36
    GPS Altitude 201 metres
    GPS Latitude 36"7'45.6
    GPS Longitude 86"47'33.6

2. Object 2

Date/Time 2012:04:11 13:41:16
    GPS Altitude 202 metres
    GPS Latitude 36"7'45.6
    GPS Longitude 86"47'34.2

3. Object 3

Date/Time 2012:04:11 13:41:15
    GPS Altitude 202 metres
    GPS Latitude 36"7'45.6
    GPS Longitude 86"47'34.2

Object 2 and 3 are one second apart in time, and have the exact same altitude, and GPS coordinates. Object 1, is
20 seconds LATER than 2 and 3 are, is 1 meter higher in elevation, and the GPS lat and long are slightly different.
This is in direct contrast to what the OP posted in this post here.

i wasn't using auto-shutter, just snapped as many pics as i could using my finger on the button so i guess there's not like a consistent framerate or whatever. as i said before, it was hovering for a few seconds and sorta turned up on the side and 'bounced' away. i was looking at my phone for the most part, trying to tap the screen in the right place to take the pics; it was all very fast.

These 3 images cover 21 seconds, 1 meter elevation difference, a slight movement in both latitude and longitude and could not have ALL been taken with a single push of the button. Even if the timing is "off" like he claimed, and they were indeed 3 consecutive images, one would have been blurry since he moved.

So he was...indeed given a chance very early on to prove himself. And he chose to dig a deeper hole.

edit on 12-4-2012 by webpirate because: formatting

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good to see the OP banned, I hope this discourages users from posting crap like this in the future. Kudos to ATS for cracking down!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl

But I'm not encouraging members not to post. A whole bunch of people here got their panties in a twist because the OP was banned and started the doomsday logic of how such injustice would discourage some people from ever posting a picture again. You know, typical fear mongering and slippery slope type of stuff.

I decided to call them out on that logic and asked who would step up to admit THEY'D never post again.

Guess how many people said they wouldn't? One. One person.

So yeah. Even though there's a whole lot of talk about how terrible this ban is and all the terrible outcomes that could result because of it, in practical reality the real consequences were quite a bit more....

...mundane.

fair enough, i do agree it's not the end of the world. in human terms though this stuff can be pretty crushing, in particular if you are telling the truth and not believed. let's hope op resurfaces at some point to shed light on this thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Social interactions with you earthlings is quite entertaining.

Please keep arguing, bickering and pretending to be civilized.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've been reading the ops thread from the beginning and i have no idea if the pictures he took are real or not ..To me the object looks as if it was thrown into the air and he had no raw images to back his claim..Not every pic goes to the HOAX bin or the member banned ..I posted pics of a UFO awhile back (unidentified flying object) but my pics had everything required raw footage no Photoshop taken with a camera..Mine wasn't sent to the hoax bin and i wasn't banned if your going to post pics of what you think are unidentified flying objects be prepared to have the pictures eaten alive bye the critics but sometimes i believe some photos are just plain unexplainable..peace,sugarcookie1

Thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join