It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If someone was standing on the roof that is off to the left they could.

I mean who knows maybe somebody pulled a Brady on this guy...
edit on 12-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: 4+4

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by camus154

I think, the problem is, that there seems to be no real consensus on what exactly is the smoking gun that proofs the whole story was just a hoax.

I mean - we've got the theory that the pictures show an object, that was generated by an "UFO app". We have the theory, that the pictures show an object that was tossed in the air and then photgraphed. And we've got the theory, that it was somehow photoshopped.

I've got some difficulties to imagine, that all three theories apply here, so...

To make it short: Considering, that several ATSers in this thread announced, that from now on they'd hesitate to post their own pictures of possible UFO sightings, I ask myself if the possibly hasty ban of the OP in the end does more damage to ATS than a definitive proven hoax would have done.

Excellent. I couldn't agree more ...

I think the ban does more harm than just letting it be as it is ... let the OP defend his post and story.

Either he can explain away the theories put forward or he can't or won't ... let each of us decide for ourselves and give the OP a chance at defending himself.
edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Jobeycool
If this was on a grand stage of federal government and supreme court this would be absurd to bann someone over guessing it is a hoax.

this is not a court. however, since you keep bringing it up and are actually not aware of how the courts work....

in a court there is a jury (in many cases)....that jury bases their decision on the totally of circumstances...well they should....

then a verdict is reached based on that...

then a judge takes that verdict and a sentence is handed out.

this is what has happened here on this thread.....so your analogy is prob spot on...you just didn't realize it and had it a bit confused

ETA...this is not literal...just addressing the continual point of courts being brought up....
edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

What!!!!
I'm outraged!

You BANNED someone that posted pictures you Mod/Owners deemed a hoax based on your gut feeling and the possibility that it might be a hoax picture???!!!????

You know what? I will not put up any further pictures of the paranormal thing I observed since I might get banned since it may be deemed a hoax.

I invite all others to join me!
Have fun in your chats

Sirric

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
Not one person has shown me this illeged iphone app. Whats it called so I can download it and see it myself?

UFO Camera GOLD

However, the UFO images available in the app come close, but aren't quite the same as seen in these photos.

The third one down in the second column looks pretty close to me actually.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Might as well not even have a a camera when a real UFO is seen that may be an alien pilotng them.Just gonna be made fun of and never post it on here.How in the world can people justify banning this guy over a few photos which cannot be proven as a hoax this way.Gee this sounds like the what the news media does with ignoring UFO cases and making them sound laughable to the audience.
It still could be a hoax.Notice the words could be means it may not be a hoax.So why would you bann people over maybes or maybe nots.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys

Originally posted by MegaMind
So since your an expert was it a tossed disk or are the photos fake?

Given the proposed erratic behavior shown in the three images, tossed.

If it was tossed then why is there no motion blur in the image?
The object would have to be fairly static to display little to no motion blur.

from the camera:

Exposure Time = 1/1062"
F Number = F2.4
ISO Speed Ratings = 64

That speed would freeze an object not moving very fast.

If it was tossed it would have to be tossed pretty hard to get that height.
The "frisby" also couldnt be thrown vertically otherwise it would be flying on its end and not almost flat.
The images contradict the object being thrown because of the height the object is in relation to the scenery and the angle at which the object is oriented.
Someone would have to be standing on something very high to throw this object and for it to be oriented the way that it is, otherwise the angle of the object would be much steeper.

Also I ran the 3 images through Jpegsnoop which is a programme that can detect if an image has been photoshopped.
It found no evidence of photoshop being used on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I banned nobody. Good Lord. I voiced MY OPINIONS which apparently are not allowed if they disagree with YOUR OPINION.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
All of you who are so horrified and outraged that this got ruled a hoax:

There's the door.

For once in your lives, do something other than cluck cluck cluck about it. Have some conviction. Make a stand. Do Something.

Show us how serious you really are about this.

I want to see replies to this post as a sign-up sheet of members who grew a pair and henceforth will no longer post in ATS.

Who's the first?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Another pathetic waste dropping on ATS.

This site should be used to discuss articles, not for people to spread BS.

The creation of skunk works/grey area is the proverbial shark being jumped.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Frisbee video for comparison.

www.youtube.com...

I don't think the OP's picture proves he nor a silent buddy was throwing a frisbee (or similiar toy). It could have been a neighbor throwing one behind the building and it caught the OP off guard. I'm not convinced the OP made an intentional hoax ... but, I feel it was a frisbee or frisbee like toy.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No your opinions are allowed ...

Just don't post any pics that in the opinion of others may not be what they want to see in a UFO pic ...

Even if you know its real but looks kind of hokey you'll get banned ... apparently.

Not that these pics aren't a hoax because I don't KNOW if they are or not ... all I have are just opinions ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
All of you who are so horrified and outraged that this got ruled a hoax:

There's the door.

For once in your lives, do something other than cluck cluck cluck about it. Have some conviction. Make a stand. Do Something.

Show us how serious you really are about this.

I want to see replies to this post as a sign-up sheet of members who grew a pair and henceforth will no longer post in ATS.

Who's the first?

I'm doing something better than leaving ...

I'M VOICING MY OPINION ABOUT THIS BAN RIGHT HERE IN YOUR FACE!

debate me ... ban me ... I don't care ...

I have the balls to stand for something ... even for a member that may have hoaxed a thread.

Did he get a chance to answer your accusations that he is a liar?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Yeah, someone could have thrown some sort of plastic thing off a roof or a plastic roof lite cover could have even came loose, rolled and blew around. The guy doesn't have to be purposely trying to hoax us. If I do see something weird, I'll make sure not to post it here. I usually investigate things I see, I'm curious and usually locate the cause. Have seen a lot of weird stuff but nothing that's unexplainable. Paranormal, that's another story.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Also look back at the UFO over Chicago O-hare airport epxlained away as some kind of retarded weather phenomenon that does not even exist.Same arrogant abusrd nonsense happened with it as well.FAA made things up that don't make any sense.People where told to shut up or they lose their jobs.Inproper and terrible journaliam and garbage investigations not done correctly.Suppose to be a real pictures of it out there somewhere that has never showed up.
How in the world can you lose your jobs and be threatened over seeing a flying disc? unless the stoies are being exxagerated.This pattern of behavoir continues with this subject.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by sirric

I banned nobody. Good Lord. I voiced MY OPINIONS which apparently are not allowed if they disagree with YOUR OPINION.

Didn't mean you personally GE, just an overall responding to the situation WRT banning someone posting pictures and an event which can't be proven beyond a doubt that is a hoax.

Oh and yes I will take up your challenge, camus154, and never post a picture on here again, hows that?

Sirric

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
Oh and yes I will take up your challenge, camus154, and never post a picture on here again, hows that?

Sirric

I applaud you, then, for having conviction. Note that sirric will no longer post pictures in ATS.

Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What!!!!
I'm outraged!

You BANNED someone that posted pictures you Mod/Owners deemed a hoax based on your gut feeling and the possibility that it might be a hoax picture???!!!????

I initiated the account termination.

I'm outraged that a large segment of ATS members were fooled by such obviously faked photos. So we have something in common, outrage related to this thread.

It's unfortunate that those who seek to perpetuate hoaxes on ATS end up ruining the experience for many other members... as has happened here. When obvious hoaxes have been discovered, our response has been consistent.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Sirric

I applaud you, then, for having conviction. Note that sirric will no longer post pictures in ATS.

Anyone else?

Please ...

There is no conviction in turning tail and leaving because camus154 demands that you do ...

Having conviction is being willing to fight for those convictions ...

So I'll say it again ...

The OP was banned without evidence that he hoaxed anything. He was essentially called a liar without any proof he lied.

This is pathetic ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here comes the Rant...

How many times have we seen the old 1-2.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What!!!!
I'm outraged!

I initiated the account termination.

I'm outraged that a large segment of ATS members were fooled by such obviously faked photos. So we have something in common, outrage related to this thread.

It's unfortunate that those who seek to perpetuate hoaxes on ATS end up ruining the experience for many other members... as has happened here. When obvious hoaxes have been discovered, our response has been consistent.

Nobody was fooled by anything ... don't pretend that because we disagree with the ban that we are "fooled."

What's unfortunate is that ATS can't allow the process to play itself out without your opinion being given as fact ...

So now anyone who disagrees with your assessment must be a fool ...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join