[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
The only thing I can add to this thread before closure is that a lot of members will now think twice before posting any images of the paranormal due to being afraid of not being able to explain what they have captured and as a result be banned for it!

Well Done!

Perhaps you'd like to step up to bat as the SECOND person to put their money where their mouth is.

Are YOU going to never post a picture again?

I said that members will think twice before doing so! I have never said I wouldn't!
If I capture something that I know I can't explain and everyone is saying that it is fake, how can I prove you wrong when I don't have the answers? Are they going to ban me because of lack of explanation?

So, once again members will think twice before doing so, I never addressed myself in it!
edit on 12-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jerryznv

If it gets any uglier it will be quite revealing ...

link   
I don't know. The OP was sincere in what he posted, along with pictures of the object, story about his dog, and how it may been affected, and considering you have his GPS location from the images straight to his house, (Which I don't think a known hoaxer would do), I tend to believe that the OP saw what he saw. I don't think he faked it, or made it up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Wouldn't outing a member's location a violation of T&Cs.

He obscured his info on the invoice so he probably didn't know that his pictures gave his address away ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I said that members will think twice before doing so! I have never said I wouldn't!
If I capture something that I know I can't explain and everyone is saying that it is fake, how can I prove you wrong when I don't have the answers? Are they going to ban me because of lack of explanation?

So, once again member will think twice before doing so, I never addressed myself in it!

Oh noes! People may think twice before posting a picture! The horrors!

Some people should maybe think 3, 4, even 5 times before posting.

But in any case, you can just quit now with all the horrible scenarios that might result from this one ban, because as you yourself just told us, it ain't going to affect YOU, is it?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by sirric
What!!!!
I'm outraged!

You BANNED someone that posted pictures you Mod/Owners deemed a hoax based on your gut feeling and the possibility that it might be a hoax picture???!!!????

I initiated the account termination.

I'm outraged that a large segment of ATS members were fooled by such obviously faked photos. So we have something in common, outrage related to this thread.

It's unfortunate that those who seek to perpetuate hoaxes on ATS end up ruining the experience for many other members... as has happened here. When obvious hoaxes have been discovered, our response has been consistent.

We weren't fooled by the faked photos but the thing you gotta understand is that some of us believe that he may have in fact not known what the object was. As someone else stated, it may have been someone else flying some sort of thing or a frisbee being thrown around and to the OP that WAS an unidentified object. I admit that there was a time I was this close of posting something that I saw flying around but decided against it because I was probably going to be accused of perpetrating a HOAX. He went through all that trouble posting about his dog getting sick and him being concerned about it. I'm sure that at the time being, he felt like this community was ready to help him understand what he saw. If he was playing a joke, shame on him but if he genuinely did not know what was going on, then it sucks that his ban came to be.

Also his responses was not of someone being defensive or attacking anyone. If anything, we could have waited and seen if there was any more proof he had to offer before deciding wether he was lying or not. In my honest opinion, he did seem concern about his encounter.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by Manhater

Wouldn't outing a member's location a violation of T&Cs.

He obscured his info on the invoice so he probably didn't know that his pictures gave his address away ...

I don't think he was aware of that either. That's why you never use a phone to take pictures.

A hoaxer would of tried to hide their information. He did not.

Therefore, that makes me believe, he is truly believes in what he saw.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

The only problem with the whole "maybe it was a frisbee" logic is:

Frisbees don't suspend themselves in mid air for twenty seconds.

Frisbees have a habit of flying and then coming back down to earth.

Which means the only way this could possibly be a frisbee where he got multiple photos of it 20 seconds apart in relatively the same location is if the frisbee was tossed multiple times.

And I don't know about you, but if I saw a disc fly through the trees, disappear as it fell, and then fly back through the same location, and if for some weird reason I stood there with my camera the entire time ready to snap the next fly by, I wouldn't be running off to talk about how I saw a UFO and my dog was sick.

Oh...and I'd also be LYING. Since the story I presented was that all the photos were of the object flying about in the same spot for the entire duration.

See how even just a tiny bit of logic can blow this crap right out of the water?

Think, people.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So, once again member will think twice before doing so, I never addressed myself in it!

Oh noes! People may think twice before posting a picture! The horrors!

Some people should maybe think 3, 4, even 5 times before posting.

But in any case, you can just quit now with all the horrible scenarios that might result from this one ban, because as you yourself just told us, it ain't going to affect YOU, is it?

Are you suggesting that maybe people shouldn't come here and post their UFO pics?

Sounds like you don't want people posting UFO pics ...

Do you hate this forum or something ...

Is this were you come for your daily dose of ego boosting?

edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by blackmetalmist

The only problem with the whole "maybe it was a frisbee" logic is:

Frisbees don't suspend themselves in mid air for twenty seconds.

Frisbees have a habit of flying and then coming back down to earth.

Which means the only way this could possibly be a frisbee where he got multiple photos of it 20 seconds apart in relatively the same location is if the frisbee was tossed multiple times.

And I don't know about you, but if I saw a disc fly through the trees, disappear as it fell, and then fly back through the same location, and if for some weird reason I stood there with my camera the entire time ready to snap the next fly by, I wouldn't be running off to talk about how I saw a UFO and my dog was sick.

Oh...and I'd also be LYING. Since the story I presented was that all the photos were of the object flying about in the same spot for the entire duration.

See how even just a tiny bit of logic can blow this crap right out of the water?

Think, people.
The dog being sick has nothing whatsoever to do what could be non hoaxed real UFO pictures.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

My rule of thumb, as if it matters to anyone.....

I go thru a process of elimination in order to find truth.

Is it a bird?
Is it an aircraft?
Is it a planet/star?
Is it a satelite?
Is it CGI?
Is it a purposely made hoax?
Is it a misidentification?

WHEN ALL terestial things have been ruled OUT....then it truly is a UFO.

But to jump to UFO!! before everything is ruled OUT is obsurd to me......

Not a popular stance around here....but that is my stance.....

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

If you were to witness and capture a photo or video of a UFO, it would be far more appropriate IMO to contact MUFON and upload your photos to a hosting site as suggested in an earlier reply.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by jaws1975

My rule of thumb, as if it matters to anyone.....

I go thru a process of elimination in order to find truth.

Is it a bird?
Is it an aircraft?
Is it a planet/star?
Is it a satelite?
Is it CGI?
Is it a purposely made hoax?
Is it a misidentification?

WHEN ALL terestial things have been ruled OUT....then it truly is a UFO.

But to jump to UFO!! before everything is ruled OUT is obsurd to me......

Not a popular stance around here....but that is my stance.....

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)
What you are doing is called common sense which alot of people lack.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: Spelling errors

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Perhaps you'd like to step up to bat as the SECOND person to put their money where their mouth is.

Are YOU going to never post a picture again?

what a load of nonsense. why should he leave the board? he is entitled to his opinion as much as you. that your opinion coincides with the hoax theory means nothing, since there has been no solid evidence presented that this is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

So what is your stance?

Because from the looks of it, we never did figure out what it was! Someone said it could have been from a UFO App (whatever that program is) and others were saying it was not a copy and paste job.

In all honesty, it continues being an Unidentified Flying OBJECT.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
Are you suggesting that maybe people shouldn't come here and post their UFO pics?

Sounds like you don't want people posting UFO pics ...

Do you hate these forums or something ...

Is this were you come for your daily dose of ego boosting?
edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

Um, no...pretty sure I said exactly what I meant to say last time. Some people could think twice before posting here. What you choose to extrapolate from that comment, whatever bizarre and far corner of the earth you choose to take that to, is your problem, not mine

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl
what a load of nonsense. why should he leave the board? he is entitled to his opinion as much as you. that your opinion coincides with the hoax theory means nothing, since there has been no solid evidence presented that this is a hoax.

You missed the boat, guy. Please do catch up.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't know whether I'm happy or sad that I totally missed this thread yesterday. Everyone has the right to post something for review. It doesn't have to be on ATS, but no matter where it is posted, it WILL get reviewed. It is human nature.
We all want to know the truth behind everything. Well..at least most of us do. Greeneyedleo has the hardest job...in my opinion on ATS. She is stuck whether by choice...or maybe punishment...lol....moderating the UFO forum...among others.
But this place is like trying to referee a soccer match not played by the teams themselves, but by large quantities of the respective teams drunken hooligan fans. And she does it mostly by herself.

How dare people come into this thread or any other and knock on her for pointing out OBVIOUS discrepancies in the story and/or pics. And for the record, she didn't immediately assume anything here. She presented her opinion, then ASKED the OP how he could explain her questions. To which the OP basically said he didn't have to prove anything to anyone.

SkepticOverloard is right. It floors me that so many people on ATS were suckered into this thread by something that appears to be such a blatant hoax. And that's before pulling the EXIF data out of the pics. Just LOOK at the images. The lighting is all wrong. The shading is inconsistent. The timing is off. The OP claimed he just held the button down and took as many pics as he could, yet there is what? 30 seconds of time missing. And his only answer to that was some obscure court case...which hasn't yet been verified either where iPhone times were supposedly screwed up.
ATS provides us a place us a place to discuss topics such as these. Yet people persist in trying to "bite the hand that feeds them." Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion. Yet when presented with overwhelming evidence that something isn't right with a series of pictures or a story or whatever, instead of being upset with the person trying to pull one over our eyes, they will immediately attack the moderators or owners of the site as trying to impede free speech. Or some other BS like that.

Now, before anyone tries to claim that I am perfect and am just sucking up to the mods, I myself have had a thread of mine on this same topic moved to the hoax bin. But I never came out and claimed it was in fact extraterrestrial in origin. After several days and many pages covered, ATS as a group came together and found out the video was captured by some people who were witnessing an R/C aircraft practice the night before a performance. Or something along those lines. I still think there should be a forum called disproved or something like that...so everything that is debunked isn't labeled as a hoax, but there was never any intention on my part, nor on the people who filmed the video's part to defraud or try to put one over on anyone.

Now I'm not saying the OP from yesterdays thread was trying that either, but he never actively partook in the investigation either. When asked direct questions from mods...since he claimed to have been the one making the pics, he basically refused to answer them, then went off about his dog. Other members either vehemently backed the OP or refuted him, often without paying any attention to any evidence produced either way. But seemingly based on their own personal beliefs. And as to the argument that this could have been an honest mistake of mistaken identification on the OP's part, I don't buy it at all. Which is probably why he is no longer with us. Simply because on the huge time difference in the photo's after he claimed to have made them all at the same time with a single button push. Furthermore, while the first 2 photos are exactly the same in location, the 3rd one has a minute GPS discrepancy in it. Meaning the photographer MOVED. Since they aren't blurry, this probably means the images were NOT all taken at once with a single button push.

Now...I'm not saying we should or should not believe everything posted. But we are going to analyze everything posted. And it is very unfair to anyone involved, especially those who donate their time refereeing this forum to make personal attacks simply because their opinion is more rational than someone else's is.

With that said though, to anyone who tries to pull one over on ATS....you're time will probably be short here...This is why the scrutiny is so high now. Too many fake images or videos have come about from people trying for their 15 minutes. What I believe or anyone else believes is irrelevant. We are looking for the truth here at ATS. And it will come out...one way or another.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Same stuff is done with paranormal so called ghost hunters.Scream fake videos before even realy know and do a proper investigation and proving it is fake.Dishonest skepticism is no skepticism at all.
I see skeptics who still think the show Ghost Hunters are all staged and hoaxers and is fake because it is on the Sci Fi Network.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by Sek82

If you were to witness and capture a photo or video of a UFO, it would be far more appropriate IMO to contact MUFON and upload your photos to a hosting site as suggested in an earlier reply.

MUFON has and will continue being your best bet of contact when you come across a UFO

new topics
top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join