It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
ADMIN EDIT

This post succinctly explains why this story and supporting images have been determined to be a purposeful hoax on ATS members.

I don't know where to start.... at approximately 4pm today i was outside behind my house in nashville, TN smoking a cigarette and playing fetch with my 6 month old dach-griffon puppy. suddenly my dog starts acting strange, runs to get the stick we were playing with and suddenly he stops moving; the usual playful energy in his face and general demeanor just drop and he sits there a few feet in front of me.

I look up into the sky and see a metallic gold disk shape off in the distance what looks to be a few hundred feet behind the trees/rooftops. I stood there for a few seconds, grabbed my phone out of my pocket and snapped the following shots. it's just sitting there in the sky, then in an almost comically cliche'd fashion it sort of rolled/turned on it's side and zips upwards and to the left and out of sight at a pretty rapid pace.

the phone i took these with was an iphone 4s. anybody that has one of these knows that when you open the camera app, it is set on picture/video record as a default depending on how you last had it set. mine happened to be on still photo mode, i wish i had a chance to get video but it literally disappeared as soon as i started snapping (read below for more details)

i literally grabbed the phone from my pocket, opened up camera and started mashing the shutter button as fast as i could, resulting in about 4 frames per second at a fairly regular rate. these are the only 3 in which the object appeared, from what i've looked through so far; i will check again though in case i missed anything. the strange part is it seemed to make an exit as soon as i pointed my iphone at it. i have no doubt whatsoever that it was hovering at least the entire time between me spotting it and taking the phone out my pocket/opening camera app and pointing.

so here's the pics, original unedited in the 'large' JPEG option (that you select when emailing iphone photos to a computer for upload, i do have the original raw files on my phone, but the 'large JPG' option always has in my experience been just as good quality as the 'actual size' raw... i know it will come up eventually so know im prepared to upload these too.... im just hella excited about this and had to post ASAP!!

and if anyone's suspicious why i didn't post these immediately after it happened, keep reading after because it gets WEIRD.

PICS:

okay so the weird part concerns my dog. i cannot begin to explain how lively and energetic and willful my little guy usually is.... but i have never seen anything like the way he acted after these photos were taken. he just stood there in the little patch of grass out by my back door/trashcan/parking area for my house (small town house in which there are 2 smaller apartments built in), and just seemed to wobble on his feet, moving his head slowly from side to side.

i called his name, he would not look up or respond; i run over to grab him and he's lying limp in my arms, eyes sort of fully open but glazed/void of character. so, i freak the eff out and run over to my neighbors house to get him to drive my dog to an emergency ward... i thought he'd eaten glass or rat poison or something so im panicking a little. i take the little guy in, they run blood tests and do a scan and the vet says there's nothing wrong with him at all, other than an unusually high level of phosphor in his blood, an amount that he literally couldn't explain in a small dog. he puts my little guy on a drip for an hour and a half, and he begins to come around. i got him home an hour ago and and i started the photo upload process and the writing of this thread. he's still not quite himself; won't lick any faces or chase toys, but he has his balance back and seems to respond to his name.

i have no idea if the two events are related. i still don't know what to make of it, other than that i am certain of what i saw/photographed. please feel free to question my integrity all you like, i'm ready for it. i have been interested in aliens/UFO's (among other standard conspiracies) for a few years now, and although i accept hoaxes exist i myself have by no means the knowledge to manipulate a picture in this way.

for others who wish to question my integrity, i'm a 22 year old full-time session/road musician and studio producer here in nashville TN and have something of a small profile/catalogue of personal credits and achievements in music, should anybody start accusing me of being a troll/prankster/attention seeker so don't try it!!

edit on 4-12-2012 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hope your pooch gets better!

How fast did it disappear? Interesting

Can someone pull the exif data?
edit on 11-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

i still don't know what to make of it, other than that i am certain of what i saw/photographed. please feel free to question my integrity all you like, i'm ready for it.

Calm down...

The photos don't looked shopped, but the object looks as if it was thrown into the air, and is now coming back down to earth...kinda like a Frisbee.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Phosphor in blood? are you sue you got that bit right?

A phosphor, most generally, is a substance that exhibits the phenomenon of luminescence

there shouldnt be any levels of that in the blood at all. I dont see how a drip would help.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

yes. pulling.
honestly, dont take offense, but these look like iphone ufo apps...

ETA: the more i look at these in PS i believe these are iphone apps...

[Image]
Make = Apple
Model = iPhone 4S
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = 5.1
Date Time = 2012-04-11 13:41:15
YCbCr Positioning = centered
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 198
GPS Info IFD Pointer = Offset: 600

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/1062"
F Number = F2.4
Exposure Program = Normal program
ISO Speed Ratings = 64
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2012-04-11 13:41:15
Date Time Digitized = 2012-04-11 13:41:15
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Shutter Speed Value = 10.05 TV
Aperture Value = 2.53 AV
Brightness Value = 9.54 BV
Metering Mode = Pattern
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 4.3mm
Subject Area = Rectangle: center(x=1631, y=1223), width=881, height=881
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 3264
Exif Image Height = 2448
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 35mm
Scene Capture Type = Normal
Sharpness = Normal

edit on April 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

for others who wish to question my integrity, i'm a 22 year old full-time session/road musician and studio producer here in nashville TN and have something of a small profile/catalogue of personal credits and achievements in music, should anybody start accusing me of being a troll/prankster/attention seeker so don't try it!!

whats that got to do with the price of fish?

how come all 3 pics look like different objects with different sources of light?
you should post one of the raw images.
edit on 11-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

i still don't know what to make of it, other than that i am certain of what i saw/photographed. please feel free to question my integrity all you like, i'm ready for it.

Calm down...

The photos don't looked shopped, but the object looks as if it was thrown into the air, and is now coming back down to earth...kinda like a Frisbee.

I thought it looks like a metal cake pan tossed up in the air, but who knows. I'll be interested to see what any photo experts have to say about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Boy, that object looks really high up. I'm not convinced it's a thrown object.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks GEL!

I don't think it's a thrown object, but Might be that pesky UFO app.

link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta

edit on 11-4-2012 by RickyVelveeta because: extra wordzzz

You know, I was totally going to question your integrity, but then you told me you're a MUSICIAN, so it must be true.

Dude, a UFO made your dog sick. That's gotta suck

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Re: your dog, there are some causes...

Excess Phosphorous in the Blood in Dogs

Hyperphosphatemia in Dogs

Hyperphosphatemia is an electrolyte disturbance in which abnormally elevated levels of phosphate are present in the dog's blood. It can occur at any age but is more common in puppies or old dogs with kidney problems. Additionally, dogs with bone diseases and calcium deficiency are susceptible to hyperphosphatemia.

Hyperphosphatemia can affect both dogs and cats. If you would like to learn more about how the condition affects cats, please visit this page in the PetMD health library.

Symptoms and Types

Although there are no specific signs directly attributable to the condition, symptoms will depend on the underlying cause of hyperphosphatemia. In acute cases, painful muscular spasms and tremors may be seen due to low levels of calcium.

Causes

Vast quantities of phosphorous are located in the bones and teeth, bonded with calcium. Therefore, bone diseases or problems such as bone resorption can cause excessive phosphates to be released in the dog's bloodstream. Other underlying factors for hyperphosphatemia include:

Bone cancer
Osteoporosis
Kidney disease
Thyroid disease
Excessive dietary supplementation (e.g., vitamin D overdose)

Source: PetMD

The UFO...no offense, and not a shot at your integrity by any means, but for me personally, it looks like a bowl thrown up in the air and a picture(s) were snapped in mid flight. Then again, it could be Vitamin D injecting Aliens from Planet Calciumator Z

edit on 4/11/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree, it looks like one of the apps I've used before... there are numerous of them out there..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Can you explain why these look like iPhone apps and you have an iPhone and the file names have been changed? these are not original pictures. no phone would name the images "object 1, 2, 3"

sure does look similiar to this UFO app....which we have all seen by now..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
ah yes. always wondered how this forum would react if i ever got any photographic evidence; i'm not going to bother explaining myself because really there haven't been any real questions raised.... make of it what you will.

i don't have an iphone UFO app, but you're not going to believe that so instead i ask you to prove to me that these were edited/shopped. show me the app that exists in which this exact UFO shape is available to add in.

i do understand how it looks a bit hammy. but what else can i say?? i'll try to answer actual questions the best i can.
edit on 11-4-2012 by RickyVelveeta because: pic

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Can you explain why these look like iPhone apps and you have an iPhone and the file names have been changed? these are not original pictures. no phone would name the images "object 1, 2, 3"

sure does look similiar to this UFO app....which we have all seen by now..

Their breeding Leo
sorry couldn't resist.
edit on 11-4-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

link   
Hi you do realize that your exact GPS location is encoded in these pics? I just pulled one into an advanced EXIF examiner and it just pinpointed your house on google maps. Right next to the school of law?

Are you sure you want everyone to know exactly where you live?

edit on 11-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by amongus

All ready done, EXIF data matches all but time. But with an IPhone I don't know what time standard they use internally so that may account for the discrepancy.

As for the photo, it almost looks like a frisbee, but the photos are so close together in time I would expect less movement, so I am going to remain open on this one .

As for GreenEyedLeo's response, I don't know anything about the IPhone apps (Personally hate and refuse to own or work on Apple products) So I couldn't say.

As for the response about phosphorus in the blood all mammal have a small amount in their/our blood, a drip would dilute it as well as most other chemicals in the blood. So I hope your furry friend is doing better.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Wolfie0827 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I hate to sound the sceptic but when I run these through an animated gif editor I see a dramatic change in the objects rotational movement which just looks kind of odd to me.

It looks like it has been thrown in the air and is spinning around but that doesn't appear to fit into your account as you obviously had time to reach for your camera, focus and shoot.

I'm not going to call either way but heres the pic.

edit on 11-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join