It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
People keep bringing up Stand-Your-Ground as justification for George Zimmerman's actions. So riddle me this, batman....

George Zimmerman was the one "stalking" Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman was the one who was carrying a weapon. To any objective person, that would make George Zimmerman the pursuer/aggressor. Under Stand-Your-Ground, that would give Trayvon Martin the right to retaliate and even use deadly force if he felt his life were threatened. Not hard to come that conclusion if the other guy is holding a weapon.

So...in all reality....Trayvon Martin had the right to "attack" George Zimmerman, in self-defense, if indeed it ever happened.

George Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter at a minimum.

Trayvon Martin's only "offense" was walking down the street, minding his own business and talking on the phone, with his hoodie up against the rain. Not probable cause for ANY offense. Under the pretense of Stand-Your-Ground, Trayvon Martin had every right to react to George Zimmerman's aggressive behavior.

Can't understand why people are missing this basic fact.

You may be right, but once Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman is now within his right to defend himself per the law of Stand Your Ground. That's a point you missed.
edit on 11-4-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
About time they charged his ass. Should've done it a while ago.

Let this be a lesson to all...because you know, murder is bad, mk?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Whats going to happen next
is he will have a bond hearing,
they will tell zimmerman what his
charges are and set a bond. They
can give him a bond or not. Up to judge
to set the bail.. His first appearance he does
not answer guilty or not guilty..He will make his plea
at the next hearing.. So this is what will be happening,
keeping everything zimmerman updated here stay tuned
to see what will happen next.
EVRYTHING ZIMMERMAN UPDATES AND ALL

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by neo96
There will be no justice here just a public lynching i had to mute that press conference because she was lying.

Judged jurored and executed the only thing they are trying to do now is make it "legal"

I had to close the browser I was watching the press conference in - she started in with the Martins as "constitutional victims", I knew it was a lynching in progress. I hope Zimmerman likes trains, because he is gonna get railroaded.

The right to buy skittles at the store, and return home, without being arrested or thumped or shot to death, to eat them. There must be something in the constitution which makes a provision for this right, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

How do you know that Zimmerman who was attacked. According to the eye and "ear" witness, he was dominating the whole time, and he is purported to have said "punks" not long before taking the shot. Maybe he was at cause in instigating the whole damn thing - we don't know, but how do YOU presume to know for sure what happened, that's the part that I don't get..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I disagree. I don't think Stand-Your-Ground protects you or even intends to protect you from deadly force when you have instigated deadly force on the victim. George Zimmerman is not protected by Stand-Your-Ground when he was the instigator of the crime.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I also feel that this was only done to prevent mass rioting; basically, the Florida criminal justice system catered to the race baiting.

I'm now wondering if this is somehow politically tied....

I've believed that Zimmerman shot Martin out of self defense (and guess what? I'm black)

Just seems to me that Obama supporters/ campaign were seeking any situation like this to blow up and gain public empathy.

Sorry, but that's how I feel.

I agree. And having worked closely together with prosecutors and the like I know for a fact that lots of them have the resources to pull together a jury in their favor if they really want to.

I'm wondering if they are planning to do this from the get-go. Is this why they have decided to arrest Zimmerman? Have they already decided that they are going to put him away to satisfy those racist people calling for his blood?

I hope the whole thing is put on the tube like the O.J. trial so I can see all the evidence. I would really like to know for myself of his innocence/guilty.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

How do you know that Zimmerman who was attacked. According to the eye and "ear" witness, he was dominating the whole time, and he is purported to have said "punks" not long before taking the shot. Maybe he was at cause in instigating the whole damn thing - we don't know, but how do YOU presume to know for sure what happened, that's the part that I don't get..

I made no such claim. So I will ask you the same question. How do you know? And even IF he did instigate, he still has a right to defend himself.

If not, you're saying he can pick a fight, but he can't fight back, just to stand there and take a beating with a possibility in being killed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I disagree. I don't think Stand-Your-Ground protects you or even intends to protect you from deadly force when you have instigated deadly force on the victim. George Zimmerman is not protected by Stand-Your-Ground when he was the instigator of the crime.

So you're saying Zimmerman should NOT been allow to protect himself? He should have just given Trayvon his gun and said shoot me, my mistake?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzanazi75

A perfect example of why our judicial systems works the way it does. You need to chek your pre conceived notions and emotions at the door as all they do is make you look clueless about how this works.

Court of law, not public opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That the special prosecutor decided not to give the case to the grand jury says she was worried they would not deliver the charge she wanted. So she bowed to political pressure, then overreached with the 2nd degree charge* (not an easier to convict manslaughter charge). If Zimmerman is found innocent of the charges (if he doesn't do a plea deal), there may be riots due to racial-flames being stoked by the usual suspects.

It seems no matter the outcome, we all lose.

* Or perhaps the special prosecutor is hoping that a jury already tainted by public opinion will win her a 2nd degree conviction.
edit on 11-4-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

So you're saying Zimmerman should NOT been allow to protect himself? He should have just given Trayvon his gun and said shoot me, my mistake?

I'm saying that Trayvon Martin was a victim under Stand-Your-Ground and had the right to defend himself, using deadly force if necessary. The fact that Zimmerman now wants to use Martin's rights under STand-Your-Ground to defend his own right to return force, when he instigated force/confrontation, does NOT absolve him of murder charges. The only person who would have been absolved of murder charges and protected under the statute in this situation is Trayvon Martin.

You don't seem to be grasping the difference, but there is a clear and distinct difference.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i also think his girlfriend will be called as a witness to.

In the final moments of Trayvon Martin’s life, he was talking to a friend on his phone and told her that a strange man was following him.

link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
That the special prosecutor decided not to give the case to the grand jury says she was worried they would not deliver the charge she wanted. So she bowed to political pressure, then overreached with the 2nd degree charge* (not an easier to convict manslaughter charge). If Zimmerman is found innocent of the charges (if he doesn't do a plea deal), there may be riots due to racial-flames being stoked by the usual suspects.

It seems no matter the outcome, we all lose.

* Or perhaps the special prosecutor is hoping that a jury already tainted by public opinion will win her a 2nd degree conviction.
edit on 11-4-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

Good point.

I'm kinda thinkin that she charged with 2nd degree knowing he'll beat it and say 'Justice was served" or like you said, she is really hoping that the jury is already tainted.

Finding an impartial jury will be tough...

link   
the nwo never misses an opportunity, you got to give them that.

what happens when george is acquitted, knowing full well the evidence is in his favor.

it'll be the mother of all race riots. it will make the rodney king riots look like warm up.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

I'm saying that Trayvon Martin was a victim under Stand-Your-Ground and had the right to defend himself, using deadly force if necessary. The fact that Zimmerman now wants to use Martin's rights under STand-Your-Ground to defend his own right to return force, when he instigated force/confrontation, does NOT absolve him of murder charges. The only person who would have been absolved of murder charges and protected under the statute in this situation is Trayvon Martin.

You don't seem to be grasping the difference, but there is a clear and distinct difference.

We'll agree to disagree then.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

George Zimmerman is not protected by Stand-Your-Ground when he was the instigator of the crime.

There is no law against following someone. There is however, a law against turning around and attacking someone for following you (if that is what happened).

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well he is not a flight risk.

He has proven this by cooperating
with the authorities..
The judge will weigh it out
he will have an attorney there
asking for his bail and the state will
have there person there asking for bail
to be denied it is a dog and pony show,

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

George Zimmerman is not protected by Stand-Your-Ground when he was the instigator of the crime.

There is no law against following someone. There is however, a law against turning around and attacking someone for following you (if that is what happened).

That was the point I was trying to make. Thanks for spelling it out a little clearer than I did.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
They have no priors on him they will have
to give him a bond. It could be
a 500,000 dollar bail or more
which he would have to pay 10% of it
so if it was 500,000 he would have to come up
50,000 dollars...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join