It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
reply to post by specialk89

Once it went viral and Jessie and Al stepped in you knew it was going to happen. There was no doubt in my mind.

Was there in yours once it went viral and you heard about it?

He was freed before it took community and public outrage to draw attention to this very controversial case. At the very least there needs to be a thorough investigation. There wasn't one. That's the problem. And once people knew of the shoddy police work involved of course they authorities had to do their job like they should have done in the first place. Hardly unreasonable expectation.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialk89
He was freed before it took community and public outrage to draw attention to this very controversial case. At the very least there needs to be a thorough investigation. There wasn't one. That's the problem. And once people knew of the shoddy police work involved of course they authorities had to do their job like they should have done in the first place. Hardly unreasonable expectation.

We do not yet know if there was shoddy police work involved. At trial, we could find the police did everything they are supposed to.

MBF

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's sad that Zimmerman will probably be convicted just to please the media in a clear self defense case.

link   
Mike Tyson on George Zimmerman: ‘It’s a disgrace he hasn’t been shot yet’

It's a disgrace that man hasn't been dragged out of his house and tied to a car and taken away. That's the only kind of retribution that people like that understand. It's a disgrace that man hasn't been shot yet. Forget about him being arrested--the fact that he hasn't been shot yet is a disgrace. That's how I feel personally about it."

news.yahoo.com...

I can't believe this is America in the year 2012. From posts I read and News stories where I see people yelling for blood before a person has had their day in court.

I guess when they took the pledge out of schools they also took away the justice for all part.

Our day in court is suppose to be one of the things that sets America apart from other countries. But it seems we no longer have that.

We think we have all the facts when we don't. We think we can believe everything the media says when we can't. I really doubt if they can find 12 people that haven't been tainted in some way about this case. That can come in and set down and come up with a verdic without biase.

I know if I was one of the 12 and I saw Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton in that court room I couldn't. I can not stand those two hatemongers that support their lazy butts on yelling race about everything. They do more damage between the races then they do good. They are so full of themselves they can't see it though.

link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
One of the experienced attorneys that spoke on CNN made an EXCELLENT point; I believe that someone here has mentioned it a while back....

"Why is it presumed that Zimmerman kept following Martin after the conversation with police?"

This is a great point!! I think that the defense will be able to prove that Zimmerman actually followed police orders, turned to retreat from the scene, and Martin attacked him as a result of the confrontation.

Yet, everyone has assumed all this time that 'he kept following him after police told him not to".

Also, guest attorney stated that the Special Prosecutor did see the coziness with the family (unusual) and said that she definitely caved in to the mob...

interesting

Its presumed that he kept following because and unarmed teenager that he called the police on ended up dead 2 mins after he hung up with them. Then you add on Trayvons girlfriends testimony that she says Trayvon told her he was being followed. So it would go to reason that he continued following. Makes sense to logical people.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
People keep bringing up Stand-Your-Ground as justification for George Zimmerman's actions. So riddle me this, batman....

George Zimmerman was the one "stalking" Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman was the one who was carrying a weapon. To any objective person, that would make George Zimmerman the pursuer/aggressor. Under Stand-Your-Ground, that would give Trayvon Martin the right to retaliate and even use deadly force if he felt his life were threatened. Not hard to come that conclusion if the other guy is holding a weapon.

So...in all reality....Trayvon Martin had the right to "attack" George Zimmerman, in self-defense, if indeed it ever happened.

George Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter at a minimum.

Trayvon Martin's only "offense" was walking down the street, minding his own business and talking on the phone, with his hoodie up against the rain. Not probable cause for ANY offense. Under the pretense of Stand-Your-Ground, Trayvon Martin had every right to react to George Zimmerman's aggressive behavior.

Can't understand why people are missing this basic fact.

You may be right, but once Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman is now within his right to defend himself per the law of Stand Your Ground. That's a point you missed.
edit on 11-4-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

Well, using your logic anyone that's getting attacked whether provoked or unprovoked is protected by said law. Martin's fear for his life allows him to exercise said law while Zimmerman's threat with his firearm provoking Martin's self defense also allows him to invoke said law. Sloppy logic.
edit on 11-4-2012 by specialk89 because: correction

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You have a point there. Must be lots of shoddy police work down there or they would of arrested the new black panthers for putting basically a hit out on a man. If I'm right thats still illegal in this country. I suppose all of these people that are crying for justice on this case will now take that issue right up since they have Zimmerman in jail.

After all "Justice for all" is one of the mottos of this country. Just like "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law".

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by specialk89

We do not yet know if there was shoddy police work involved. At trial, we could find the police did everything they are supposed to.

Fair enough, lets wait for the facts.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I can't believe this is America in the year 2012. From posts I read and News stories where I see people yelling for blood before a person has had their day in court.

This case has exposed a lot of dirty secrets about early 21st-century American society.

There are those who are crying for the lynching of a man before he has had his day in court.

There are those who justify the killing of a young man because he's black and perceived as a criminal. It seems the racists are no longer scared to show their true feelings.

And it further exposes the cynicism of the supposed black "leadership," only caring about the death of a young man when a white person is involved. The same cynicism is shown in the media, ignoring the all to frequent black-on-black crime, focusing on a (kinda) white-on-black crime and doing their best to inflame racial tensions.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You have a point there. Must be lots of shoddy police work down there or they would of arrested the new black panthers for putting basically a hit out on a man. If I'm right thats still illegal in this country. I suppose all of these people that are crying for justice on this case will now take that issue right up since they have Zimmerman in jail.

After all "Justice for all" is one of the mottos of this country. Just like "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law".

Two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Originally posted by GmoS719

I'm glad to hear this.
Let's hope he is charged and sentenced to the maximum.
uuumm. You've skipped a very crucial step.
Charged→ Trial → If found Guilty, then there will be sentencing.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Add another thing this case has exposed. Unlike with Zimmerman, there is no doubt the new Black Panthers have committed a crime. We once again see the White House will ignore crimes in the name of "social justice."

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by GovtFlu

People shoot each other all the time.

Only in America...is this an everyday thing.

The conservatives are angry because they feel it was only a black kid killed so it is of no importance to them.

Zimmerman was going to be charged by the police prior to this charge...but the prosecutor at the time declined to. The police thought something was up at the time...which is why they needed a special prosecutor to see if they were correct..turns out they were.

The original prosecutor dropped the ball.

Uh, no. I read the police report.. he was arrested, booked and charged with negligent manslaughter. Then released. Read all about it:
www.propublica.org...

Called a detention, a common every day occurrence.. yes, even for shootings. The police have wide latitude in deciding who to incarcerate and when...

If the DA / city attorney sees it differently, so be it.. all that happened here was the cops gave a regular guy a break. Every one of you would beg for the same consideration.

..and dudes break ended at the prosecutors office, which happens.. lawyers decided to FILE charges. Which at least gets the suspect placed on bond.. secure his whereabouts. Also, a daily occurrence..

California Penal Code Section 849

Legal Research Home > California Laws > Penal Code > California Penal Code Section 849

(a) When an arrest is made without a warrant by a peace
officer or private person, the person arrested, if not otherwise
released, shall, without unnecessary delay, be taken before the
nearest or most accessible magistrate in the county in which the
offense is triable, and a complaint stating the charge against the
arrested person shall be laid before such magistrate.
(b) Any peace officer may release from custody, instead of taking
such person before a magistrate, any person arrested without a
warrant whenever:
(1) He or she is satisfied that there are insufficient grounds for
making a criminal complaint against the person arrested.
(2) The person arrested was arrested for intoxication only, and no
further proceedings are desirable.
(3) The person was arrested only for being under the influence of
a controlled substance or drug and such person is delivered to a
facility or hospital for treatment and no further proceedings are
desirable.
(c) Any record of arrest of a person released pursuant to
paragraphs (1) and (3) of subdivision (b) shall include a record of
release. Thereafter, such arrest shall not be deemed an arrest, but a
detention only.

law.onecle.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Some of you are going to have no life when this is over. One poster in particular. From here on out I'm skipping out on Zimmerman threads, People are just showing their ass. hypocrites all around, screaming at people about how they are jumping to conclusions while doing the same thing. He's either some kind of saint he who killed a lost cause thug kid or a demon who murdered a kid. Either way I'll be glad when the trial is over and ATS never mentions the guy again.
edit on 11-4-2012 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You are right they don't. So shouldn't both be treated equally as crimes. If you let someone get by with a crime once they think it's okay to do it again and again. What if one day you wake up with your face or someone in your families face on one of their wanted dead or alive posters?

Do you realize how many young school children are following the facts that they want to hear about this case. Probably not all but the ones that fit with their peers?

They see a group of people offering a reward for someone dead or alive and they don't get into trouble about it. So then it must be okay in their minds for them to do the same thing. Don't say kids today wouldn't even think of doing that. Kids today are not like kids were when I was young. Or even when my grown daughters were young. There's a lot of scary kids out there and they come in all colors. In 4th grade I would of never thought about trying to kill my teacher but some did in Ga a few years back. Those were scary kids and guess what they were white kids. So I'm not doing racial profiling.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Some of you are going to have no life when this is over. One poster in particular. From here on out I'm skipping out on Zimmerman threads, People are just showing their ass. hypocrites all around, screaming at people about how they are jumping to conclusions while doing the same thing. He's either some kind of saint he who killed a lost cause thug kid or a demon who murdered a kid. Either way I'll be glad when the trail is over and ATS never mentions the guy again.

Shouldn't you take this opportunity to start a thread about how guns are bad or something?

Edit: You should get a life, what are you doing on the forum, cool girl?
edit on 11-4-2012 by specialk89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Zimmerman has been formally charged with 2nd degree murder. It's in the MSM now.

2nd line...my thread on this was trashed binned because there were too many other threads
about the case, but HE HAS BEEN charged. He is in custody, and it looks like at least he will face a
grand jury

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

do people really think a 17 year old kid can be shot in the usa and no trial should be necessary?

why dont people just let the justice system find out if he is guilty or innocent.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

doing their best to inflame racial tensions.

Thats the intention. No good comes from peace and uniting the masses.

Diversions and keeping your enemies fighting among themselves is the best thing for the true criminals at the top who control the media , governments and corporations. More money to be made with conflict than peace.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join