It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is killing all of us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Actually sugar syrup and maple syrup are both sucrose.

Your point is invalid especially considering that the maple syrup can contain all sorts of nasty chemical traces from old processing machines with aged (read contaminated) components.

Wacka wacka!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
more and more additives are becoming dangerous to help shelf life and make people more money
im sure the company directors of the brands that add these eat organic food (and know they should too)
hydrogenised fats
E numbers
aspartame
akasulfame K
HFCS

why add any of these?

to make it taste same as sugar?
to reduce tooth decay?
make look prettier than normal food?
make it last longer?
because its cheaper than sugar and didnt work out as a stomach ulser cure?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
chalk up another win for Monsanto

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't think real sugar is bad for you our parent's ate a lot of it they are just as healthy or more then us. It is more these artificial sweeteners and stuff like that we don't know the long term effects of. Also I think people drink diet pop more when diet pop may and I say may be worse for you. I think we should just go back to real sugar only. Like back in the days I think our body's handle it better and we are not so hungry after eating or drinking something with real sugar in it but that's my opinion .You can still have to much of a good thing. Thank you for listening.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

I quit eating and drinking high-fructose corn syrup about 3 months ago. I have lost roughly 20 lbs. Don't mis-interpret me here, most foods and drinks that have HFCS are high in fat/ calories etc. The same could be said for fried foods. If one quit eating fried foods they would lose weight. None the less it just so happened that all the unhealthy things I ate and drank contained HFCS.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You can regular this high frucose corn syrup all you like but if you come near my sugar and that will be the day I snap and take to the streets.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I don't like HFCS because it seems too sweet. I don't fear sugar either. I have Hypoglycemia and some times need a little sugar so I don't get the shakes. Just a little problem that I learned to live with. No meds needed. A couple of teaspoons of pure cane sugar in the morning in my coffee helps me wake up. I drink very few Sodas and stay away from a lot of sugar because it makes my mind race. We have got used to eating too much sugar all together. A homemade cookie with coffee all utilizing regular sugar and real vanilla tastes good. A small cookie, not a supersized half pound cookie. We have a choice in what we eat but this choice includes preparing things yourself. It includes deciphering the deceit out there which seems to be very abundant and well hidden. It's at the root of our society in America.

That old deceit poses a problem for everyone, deceit so old that we have no way of tracking it's origion. We have adapted to this deceit over the years and that makes it hard to track. Seems like people have been trying to get us to voluntarily eat poison for many generations now but we somehow survive these attempts. Thank god for our guardian angels that show us the antidotes. If you worry about all these things it could drive you insane. Just cut back on all sugar but remember our brains use glucose to think. We can get glucose from many sources. Our bodies can utilize fats to power us also but the chemistry dumbs us down a bit. The type of ketones act a little different in the brain It does make us good workers who do our job and don't question why or don't over think things that don't need thinking to do. What's wrong with that, go to work and do your job and leave the job at work. come home and eat some sugar and fire up the brain so we can enjoy thinking. Alchemy can be used for good and bad.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
The sugar wars,as it is called.
HFCS is cheaper to use in products then sugar.
That is why they made the switch.
And because of this switch,it has lead to huge health problems.
Why do you think the obesity levels have increased and the health issues?

But my relatives,a big farming community in Iowa with nothing but corn,are loving this switch.
I ,for one am not.

Back when they came out with "New Coke" and it was a huge failure people never realized that it was all a bait and switch scheme. You see before "New Coke" coke had sugar in it and they took it off the market with "New Coke" as a replacement, and when they brought the old coke back it now had corn syrup. They could not just switch it over night for people would have tasted the difference.

Yep it was all about the money as in corn syrup is way cheaper than sugar.

Even when you work hard to limit your carps you still tend to eat 10 times more than needed. It is so hard to actually just eat REAL food.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dr0pthr3

It's good that you quit eating HFCS. The weight loss probably occurred because you actually are using less sugar and the body is starting to burn fats instead. Fructose is needed in small amounts and should be eaten in the fall so there is a little weight gain for winter. Not all year round. If you take some lemon and make lemonaid at home, you aren't going to dump ten teaspoons of sugar in a big glass, maybe 5 the most. That's the problem overall, high sugar content in softdrinks and continually craving them for the phosphorus or sodium in them. Just eat potatoes instead. I'm more interested with why we are eating so much sugar in the first place. I try to avoid HFCS and prefer sugar myself. I prefer cane sugar over beet sugars also.

So what's my opinion? I don't know what I think overall about HFCS
edit on 9-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I stopped eating things with artificial sweeteners months ago. I always check the labels now because there are lot o f them.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You guys should also be aware that 90% of corn and soy is GMO. This means almost anything "mainstream" that is eating is GMO + HFCS + Food coloring, preservatives, msg, etc.

I took out boxed/preserved food from my diet over a year ago, limiting it to only items i am at least 90% sure are made in a process that I myself could recreate. I've also taken domesticated meat out of my diet, did that 6 months ago, because most of that becomes processed as well(Red slime anyone?)

I used to eat out a few times a week, now I cook most, if not all of my own food. However, it is difficult to find a good quality source to purchase food from, especially in Las Vegas. It's all imported here, or processed.

I can't #ing believe we're talking about food on a conspiracy forum, but this is exactly how I believe a lot of people will be brought into this world. Because people know what healthy is and isnt, and what the government help's sustain as an industry is not healthy.
edit on 9-4-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I love sugar. I'm working on eating less of it.

I believe High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad stuff.

I believe are air, water and food is all being poisioned to kill us off and at the same time make others wealthy.

I didn't come to ATS to find this out. ATS just confirmed that there are others that feel the same way I do.

When your family starts having health problems and by changing there diet you see a difference then you have your proof.

Growing up we knew to wash our produce and to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables as well as fish.

But now a days with GMO, processed food and artifical this and that it's gotten out of hand.

It's too overwhelming to afford, research and shop for what is best to eat and drink. I've been at it for 5 years ever since my daughter all of a sudden became unable to eat milk products which turned out was making her stomach hurt. It took me a year to figure out it was the milk, cheese, ice cream, etc...

Now my husband has a skin condition and kidney problems and the doctors can't figure out what is causing these problems. Not to mention he gets dizzy all the time. He tries to limit the process food, drinks plenty of water, doesn't smoke or drink. He's been going to several dr.'s for a year now. They're now saying it's TPS. Though I'm not convenienced and no treatment has been recommended.

I became a Grandmother less then 2 years ago and once again I feel overwhelmed trying to buy or advise on what products and foods are good for the baby. This is not the world I raised my kids in.

When you love your family and you watch them suffer... it can break your heart and drives me to want to find away to correct or fix whatever the issue. I'm just frustrated, pissed off and just want all the BS coming from the ones in charge to cut it out NOW!

Feeling powerless and overwhelmed sucks!

I maybe feeling beat down....and say to hell with everything but my hard head and stubborness will not let me.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is my go-to video for the topic.. long but well worth the watch

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Well, the stuff I get that my family makes is made in their own backyard in a sugarhouse with sap harvested from their own trees, so I can only speak for the syrup I get from them and they don't use any chemicals and they don't process it. All they do is boil the sap down into syrup and then bottle it.

If I had to choose between the fake stuff in a plastic bottle and the pure syrup I get from them, I choose the latter.
my only point was that it's better for you than HFCS or the fake processed maple flavored stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Well, the stuff I get that my family makes is made in their own backyard in a sugarhouse with sap harvested from their own trees, so I can only speak for the syrup I get from them and they don't use any chemicals and they don't process it. All they do is boil the sap down into syrup and then bottle it.

If I had to choose between the fake stuff in a plastic bottle and the pure syrup I get from them, I choose the latter.
my only point was that it's better for you than HFCS or the fake processed maple flavored stuff.

Still not good for you... high sugar content is never a good idea.. ( or any high level of carbohydrate )

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

high fructose only kills you if you consume it.. you dont' have to consume it. if on one consumes it then it goes away

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am a sugar addict..
I bake, I just indulge in desserts..
But it is when I indulge in things I did not make with my own hands, that is when there are problems.
I am almost 22 now, but I have noticed a change in my mental process.
I used to be very adept and quick..
Now it is difficult for me to put sentences together sometimes.
I notice it is worse when I lose sight and eat fast food, candy etc.
My moods change drastically.
My body acts irregular.
But as soon as I start eating organic again and cooking for myself, these go away and everything improves.

One person said something about mercury being in one out of every three mainstream foods...
I believe I am evidence of mercury poisioning.
Two years ago, I quit recieving allergy shots after having them for twelve years..
I could not comprehend how many needles I have had in my arms.. SO much scar tissue in my triceps that I cannot properly gain strength, even with weight lifting.
Anyway, after I stopped getting them, I was also in a really healthy food craze, where I had a strict vegan diet... So I had quit all HFCS...
And my body had a complete physical/mental breakdown. I became bipolar and irratic.
I read up on mercury poisioning and how the body will relapse a few months after it no longer intakes it..
And this relapse can last for years.
I can no longer eat dairy or gluten.

I may be making assumptions..
But I could not have another reason for why my body is rebelling against me.
As long as I stay away from processed s**t, fried food, alcohol.. I feel okay.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Just wanted to say that i have intentionally not eaten even one bag of potato chips,or drank even one can or bottle of soda in over ten years and in those ten years,i have not had one health problem and i have not lost or gained even 5 pounds,i've just stayed the same,for ten years...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Excellent video.

Let's add this one too:

Aside from the debate about the composition of various sugar sources, another important thing to consider is sugar and gut disbiosys. The fact that sugars feed bad bacterias and fungi and promote their growth is another reason to cut way down. Keeping your beneficial bacteria in charge of your digestive system in key for immunity, nutrient absorption, and even mental health.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow I guess now the sugar police are going to tell me how much sugar I can have. I am so tired of these groups of do-gooders that believe we are so stupid that we cannot control what foods, or how much we choose to eat. I am waiting for laws to be passed on how and when I can wipe my butt. I bet that the over use of toilet tissue in the world has caused to many trees to be cut down and as a result millions of animals, and humans have been harmed or even died. So I am sure we will be rationed the number of squares of toilet paper we can you in a day.

This is a fact that ever human is born with a terminal illness. We are all going to die and that is a fact. Darwin's thinning of the herd works very well. All the fat people will die and only skinny non toilet paper using humans will take over the earth!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join