High Fructose Corn Syrup is killing all of us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

It's best described as contributing to the "syrupy" taste in soda products.

Blehh.

If people still think that soda with real sugar makes you fat, I'm still very active after losing 100lbs just by limiting my intake of junk and excessive calories.

Point is, if you just get out there and do more physically, it won't matter what you eat/drink. I'm only half-right on that as you do have certain factors to worry about as you get older (diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease).

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

If people still think that soda with real sugar makes you fat, I'm still very active after losing 100lbs just by limiting my intake of junk and excessive calories.

A couple Citrucel (methylcellulose) capsules taken with sugar sweetened beverages would help to lower glycemic index and provide helpful fiber. So if someone feels the need to grab a big fountain pop for the road, taking Citrucel capsules with it might help a little.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by IamCorrect

It's best described as contributing to the "syrupy" taste in soda products.

Blehh.

Point is, if you just get out there and do more physically, it won't matter what you eat/drink. I'm only half-right on that as you do have certain factors to worry about as you get older (diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease).

You know,I poison my body everyday with diet coke,smoking,sometimes breathing in carbon dust for 25 years.
I love bacon and ice cream.
I'm a fit 47 year old male in great health.
I can out run a person 25 years old upstairs and not be out of breath.
It will come one day,but I enjoy the time I spent on this place called earth.
Tomorrow I may be hit by a car.
Maybe it's genetics,maybe it's because I never sit still.
Eating junk is one thing,doing nothing is another.
I limit myself to eating small meals.
An active lifestyle and small meals maybe the key,but who knows.
Think about our ancestors and how the had to work hard and eat small.
Think about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm a fit 47 year old male in great health. I can out run a person 25 years old upstairs and not be out of breath.

Translation: I am a delusional 47 year old. That 500 lbs. kid next door aint got nothin' on me! Have fun, and no, you can't outrun a 26 year old. Even if the 26 year old was missing a leg. Prove me wrong. Show us some pics. Come on captain buffness.

Show me a pic of yourself with a piece of paper saying 'shutup Domo' and maybe I believe you. Talk is cheap.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Sugar feeds cancer. Fructose also feeds cancer. The biggest problem with this scenario is that high fructose corn syrup is the primary source of calories in the United States. To add insult to injury, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) has also been found to contain mercury, a deadly toxin to living organisms that is also a carcinogen.

It has been found that cancer cells actually feed on high fructose corn syrup. This is just another finding that adds to the preponderance of evidence that shows that there is a significant correlation between excess sugar consumption and the incidence of cancer.

More

Bingo. Population control, keep those Coca Cola and Cereal commercials rolling 24/7! Kids love it
edit on 9-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

The root of these problems and the origins of this real evil,is the fact that super rich industrialists and powerful cooperate elites are willingly promoting,advertising and selling all these types of fabricated junk foods for their own financial gain and knowing all the while that they are feeding edible pretty poisons to the hypnotized mainstream public and to their little children who are braiwashed by cereal commercials while watching cartoons and those elites stand more or less above the law and they can afford high powered attorneys,they can afford to pay out hush money and pay off key politicians,who them maneuver themselves and their elite friends into comfortable positions which allows them to continuously access and increase the flow of these edible poisons into our fast dying bodies,which greatly increases the number of people getting sick and dropping dead,which also increases the flow of megabucks for the doctors,hospitals,funeral homes and cemetarys...

edit on 9-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've never noticed this ingredient much in products in the UK, although i have picked up a bottle of sauce that said Glucose-Fructose Syrup in the ingredients (which i assumed is the same thing or something similar?). It's not something i've noticed much in other products i buy, unless it's called something else. I very rarely buy anything these days with added sugar/sweeteners, other than some syrup for my porridge and pancakes every now and again and of course the odd chocolate bar, which i've never seen HFCS in the ingredient list.

Although, i have a smallish supermarket in my town, it has a shelf full of imported American products. Mostly, Sweet and Savoury snacks, Jellys, and other Sweet Spreads, like Marshmellow and Jelly and other such concoctions, Chocolate/Candy Bars and Sodas. I told my Partner about HFCS and to prove a point, we both read every single label on that shelf. In every sweet product it had High Fructose Corn Syrup in the ingredients list.

edit on 9-4-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Crystal Light

Mio

Best thing since sliced bread:

I was ecstatic when I saw this on the shelves!
I loves my panckes n waffles :-)

I check the ingredients on everything new I buy, HFCS? I stay clear of.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Wow nice find. I was almost in tears when i found out my Eggo waffles contained Sodium Aluminium and Eggo Waffle Syrup contain almost only High Fructose corn syrup.

To the guy in the UK, i hear HFCS is banned over there? Maybe only in certain products, will do more research.

Possible source

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This is Saturday Night Live's spoof of that commercial. I love it, it totally depicts the average American's mindset. Sheila tried:

edit on 4/9/12 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
dont touch the stuff,.
but,. intelligence does run in my family.. jus sayin.
I lernt that a long time ago

That's a coincidence, because brave men run in my family.

(an old bob hope (twisted pervert that he was) joke.)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I personally like things without HFCS better than ones with it. A good place to go is Whole Foods. It's a all natural supermarket and I've never found an item there with HFCS, and they also tell you where they get all their fruits and veggies (most local farms if possible). We've cut most all HFCS out of our diets and to our surprise, our doctor said that's awesome, but also suggested we go through a "detox" system to flush the impurities out of your body.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
I've never noticed this ingredient much in products in the UK

Me neither in Germany. I don't think it gets much use in Europe, were too traditional and we can be thankful for our strict food laws. At least in Germany it has to be clearly marked if HFCS is used in a product. That and because since a couple of years there are a lot of articles about the dangers of HFCS the companies won't use it.
I guess if say Coca Cola started to use it, they will immediately lose a lot of money, because people will stop buying it. It's the same as with the fake cheese, a couple of years the TV was flooded with reports about "cheese analogue" and where it's used. For example a documentary named Pizza Hut as user of fake cheese, they denied it but lost money in the long run (because of course people wouldn't want to use fake products), so they suddenly decided to use real cheese to save their asses.
(Remember people: We have the power and can force changes!)

And HFCS tastes really nasty, i've been to the USA several times and the first few times just drank Cola because back then i didn't knew about it. I just wondered about that weird taste. A couple of years ago some american friends visited us and went crazy about how awesome Coca Cola tastes here, they even took some bottles home

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The problem isn't HFCS sugar, it's all sugar. On the molecular level, HFCS and cane sugar are pretty much the same thing, just made differently. The problem with HFCS is not the product itself, it's the fact that the stuff is so cheap and readily available, that they put it in everything. EVERYTHING.

This is why obesity in America is the worst in the world. It's because we grow so much corn here. More than anywhere else in the world. HFCS is made from corn, duh. Other countries are skinny because they don't put HFCS in everything because they don't have corn.

Go to the grocery store. Read the ingredients on everything. You will find sugar of some sort (usually HFCS but sometimes other sweeteners, sometimes even natural sugar) on 99.9% of what you find in the grocery store. Even things you would think shouldn't be sweet or have sugar. Pizza? Yep, has sugar in it. Meat? Yeah, sugar. Bread? Yep, sugar. Cheese? Yeah, sugar. If it's processed, it has sugar.

They (the food companies) put sugar in everything to make you buy more of it. Sugar is addicting. It makes everything taste just a wee-bit better, making you want to buy more of it. So they make more money. In the past, it wasn't feasible for them to put sugar in everything, as natural sugar is expensive. But HFCS is cheap, so now they can put it in everything at very little cost. Soda is the worst, in terms of sugar. Soda is bitter. It's like seltzer water. Same thing. People wouldn't be drinking it if they didn't load it up with sugar. Drink soda more than once a month, and I guarantee you that you will one day have diabetes (which BTW was never a problem up until they started putting sugar in everything.) It's estimated now that 1 in 5 children born after the year 2000 will end up with diabetes. That's pretty alarming. But no one cares.

Humans were not made to consume so much sugar. If we ever have a problem with something and we can't figure it out, we should just look to mother nature. Mother nature didn't want us to have lots of sugar. That's why she made it hard for us to get. Honey, a natural sugar had bees protecting it. They would sting us. Certain high-sugar berries would have thorns on the stems. Even sugar cane, has a rigid shell that is hard for primitive humans to break open.

We are consuming 300x the amount of sugar on average every day than we were 70 years ago. And 1000x the amount of sugar every day that nature intended. And we wonder why we have problems like obesity and diabetes? Heh.

If you are overweight, try to make an honest effort to cut out sugar from your life. I guarantee you will lose weight quickly and be much healthier. It's tough, since they put it in everything. Even cutting out sugar and creamer from your coffee every morning and drinking it black (you WILL acquire the taste for it if you drink it enough) helps. Vegetables are a good start. And I mean real vegetables, not the packaged frozen stuff that has sugar added. That's why vegetarian diets really work, BTW. Not because you are eating vegetables, but because you aren't consuming as much sugar. And drink only filtered water, please. If you want to eat meat, buy a cow from a local farmer and have it slaughtered and packaged, and freeze it in a freezer. It's actually pretty cheap to do. Locally here where I live I can buy a cow (roughly 500-700 lbs of meat depending on size) for about $400-$500. Split it with a friend or family member and get half of a cow each for $200 bucks. It beats paying $25 for a small t-bone steak at the grocery store or $9 for a small package of hamburger meat.

edit on 9-4-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Crystal Light

Mio

Best thing since sliced bread:

I was ecstatic when I saw this on the shelves!
I loves my panckes n waffles :-)

I check the ingredients on everything new I buy, HFCS? I stay clear of.

No...THIS is the best thing since sliced bread.

You just can't do better than the real stuff. And it's so much healthier for you.
I'm lucky though because I have family that makes it and I get it for free. You can get it here in SC but it's much more expensive. It's around $55 a gallon in New England and it's price fixed up there, but in the stores here, it's around $8 for a half pint.

HFCS is evil stuff as far as I'm concerned and I do my best to avoid it but it's very hard. My son will only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so I switched from grape jelly to an all-natural 100% fruit jam. I've been making my own peanut butter, too, with peanuts and coconut oil. You haven't tasted how good peanut butter can be until you have the real deal. The fake stuff in the jar has so many unnecessary ingredients.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

An occasional diet soda won't hurt you. I can use aspartame to treat my epilepsy in an emergency but too much will give me worse seizures. The right thing to eat is cooked Asparagus and cabbage. In some people Nicotine helps to keep the mind working. It can attach to sensors in the brain if there is a problem with the acetyl-choline attaching to them and this keeps dementia from settling in. It's a treatment but not a cure, I haven't found what is causing the acetyl-choline problem yet. The drawback is that the body doesn't take in niacin and the NAD doesn't work right. It causes a mild Pallagra problem and also elevated Potassium levels which have problems of their own. Thinking vs. health. Eat some Chili or hot pickled eggs and it may help.

If nicotine can keep more people thinking it could be a threat to a government that is corrupt. Think about it. All the old professors used to smoke a pipe. Much of the nicotine is absorbed in the mouth. I'm not sure either if the nicotine initially caused this problem or if it is a treatment that people sensed was good for them.

Bacon isn't bad for most people if it is eaten within reason. After rendering the fat the cells can be used for certain things by the body. I like bacon occasionally.
edit on 9-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
Take 30 seconds and watch this pro-corn syrup commercial.

Youtube

A spoonful of sugar might make the medicine go down. But it also makes blood pressure and cholesterol go up, along with your risk for liver failure, obesity, heart disease and diabetes.

Sugar and other sweeteners are, in fact, so toxic to the human body that they should be regulated as strictly as alcohol by governments worldwide, according to a commentary in the current issue of the journal Nature by researchers at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).

yes it is pretty sick, i even checked the ingredients on a Robitussum DM bottle High fructose corn syrup in that. The peanut butter I get for kids, and have always gotten is Teddy Brand, the only ingredients is roasted peanuts, as for Jelly organic with real sugar not fructose corn syrup. I try to limit how much corn syrup we have it is hard, because it is in everything. Soda, we don't have soda in this house, if we do we get those comeback ones, with real sugar or we get the ones sold at Whole foods with cane sugar in it. We do have regular ketchup and we don't use it all time just when we have burgers.

link

Think of how many ingredients are in jelly. Not many. 1 of them is High Fructose Corn Syrup. I checked all the brands on the shelf. Think of how many kids across the country eat PB&J sandwiches daily. Go check your ketchup bottle, any high fructose in there? How many people use ketchup daily? What about soda?

When will humans be properly educated on the poisons we willfully pay money to ingest?

Sadly, some people might be borderline on the subject, if that, and see a commercial like the one above and roll over like a submissive dog.

edit on 8-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
A spoonful of sugar isn't going to hurt anyone. Ten spoons full of sugar is a different stories. 15 calories compared to 150 calories is a big difference. They put too much sugar in soft drinks. I don't care for things sweet like that.

But this aint sugar at all. It should be a clue that americans are the most obese in at least the western world. Here we consume just as much crap and is on top in world when it comes to soda consumption, but yet we are not obese. Diabetes and obesity shot up just as they replaced sugar with high fructose corn syrup.

And you also seem to forget the fact that not everyone has a choice, as they put this # in nearly everything these days.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No doubt HFCS is bad news. And, eliminating it from your diet is possible but it is VERY difficult AND expensive.

Do a little research on a type of fast called the Daniel Fast. No caffeine, no sugar, no HFCS, no meat, eliminate overly processed foods and chemicals/preservatives, etc.

Do it for 21 days.

Not easy but a good way to detox from all the crap out there. After the 2nd week you feel fantastic.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

I love that clip. It actually shows both sides. The pompous mom that calls out the other for serving "juicy drink" and the serving mom with the fat kid who believes industry scientists.

It's pretty brilliant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join