It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yep get rid of em cars, guns, alcohol, cigarettes and give control of the market to the mafia and drug cartels which will make violent crime go through the roof. Makes perfect sense.

This will make everything at the southern border just peachy.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

edit on 6-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A lot of those people making these threads about "taking away the right of American citizens to own firearms, or even taking away the U.S. Constitution and making a new one" are threads made probably by government stooges who are ignorant of their own country's history.

That or they are ignorant people from around the world who don't know how to search online and find out the truth.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Table 1103. Motor Vehicle Accidents—Number and Deaths: 1990 to 2009

[11.5 represents 11,500,000]

Item
Unit 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009
ACCIDENTS

Motor vehicle accidents 1 : Million . . .

.........11.5 10.7 13.4 10.9 10.7 10.4 10.6 10.2 10.8

DEATHS

Motor vehicle deaths within 1 yr. 2 : 1,000 . . . .

.........46.8 43.4 43.4 44.9 45.3 45.3 43.9 39.7 35.9

Motor Vehicle Accidents: Number and Deaths

Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2009, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.

Gun Violence Statistics

Come to think of it, time to take the poisons away from the American public!

Neither poison, or motor vehicles are Constitutionally protected by the federal government, yet the federal government turns its head to these most disturbing statistics. To hell with rights! To hell with freedom! To hell with the American public! Time to put that ever so annoying American public in its place!

I'm guessing someone you loved died in a car accident? If so I'm very sorry for your loss. But like smoking, drinking, eating bad food, gambling, ect they are not going away any time soon. Cars have a very good and beneficial use.

To hell with freedom? Please, go live in North Korea, China, Sudan, or take your pick. This is an emotional thread without logic.

Are you willing to give up your car? If you drive after this thread you are a hypocrite or if you ever drove for that matter. I know we can do better but lets see you do something about it.

It's always the ones who have lost who go to the extreme. A mother who lost a son to a gun, a drunk driver kills a wife, a child who lost their father to smoking. I have lost a great amount of great people in my life but I do not sit here and point a finger and look for something to blame. Process it, accept it. My dad died from smoking, do I believe smoking should be illegal, no. I have a family member who is a drug junky, do I think drugs should be illegal, no. What makes me different? I do not point a finger, I do not look for something to blame, other than that person. They had a CHOICE.

People make a choice in what they do, they make a choice to drive drunk, to speed, to run a red light, to not fasten the seat belt, to drive distracted ect. In that you have a choice, don't you?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Then you should take away Social Security , most form of taxes , and Medicaid.

They are all unconstitutional.

Hell , Holding an American without trail / indefinitely / NO citizen rights was so unconstitutional it wasnt even funny , but it still passed and later withdrawn because of the backlash. However , apparently our law makers thought it was constitutional enough to pass into law.

If it is unconstitutional , let's make an amendment to make it constitutional. The constitution is a joke now and can easily be gotten around. No point in having it any more as its taken with a grain of salt.

-------------

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

—The 16th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America

Ratified in 1913 by 33 states of the 36 states needed. So it wasnt even ratified.
-----------------

So is it that far fetched to believe your gun rights / vehicle rights can be taken away on a dime or restricted?

edit on 6-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by jar11

Ya think? What is with all these take the rights of American's away anyway? What has happened to us as a People? What has happened to our ethic? Guaranteed the take the rights away from American's thread will continue. What should we do? How can we counter this, I wonder?

edit on 5-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

Well put and personally noted with vigor Jean Paul! I have been a pedestrian/ political
prisoner since 1993-- I am convinced by now my carbon footprint is approximately that
of a solar powered 914 with the interior stripped.
All my friends (and sundry others) have often asked in so many words, "When are you
going to get your license back, D _ _ _? You paid your debt to society almost two
decades ago, and have definitely changed for the better, including any bad habits."
"When tyranny dies."
Facepalms and eyes roll, with the disbelievers reverting to authoritarian ridicule and
other typically myopic conjecture. Propoganda has had its way with most all of us,
and truth? We may soon realize some grisly consequences for much more acquiesence.
Not a dyed-in-the-wool libertarian (it's growing out naturally bleached now),
I will stand for others' personal freedom tempered with an equal measure of responsibility
and dutiful care. This is a tough subject for me, learned fellow-- but I wouldn't regularly
save up the big bucks to ask for those priveleges to be returned if there was a viable
strategy for redemption. Alas, with the state system in my parts being more corrupt than
a twelve ounce tumbler of thawed ebola frappe', keeping us under the jackboot is
eminently more profitable than allowing reformed prisoners the option to get to work again.
I mean, a second misdemeanor conviction WITHOUT EVER an INJURY to ANOTHER; and
your humble fan is on a third consecutive Solhenitsyn-ing? "Back out to the snow, maggot."
Hope I spelled Alexsander right, such a clutz most times... but the bottom line is, I'm for one
physically and spiritually pooped of being ruled by public notice scripted by evil twits.
The remedy is far from simple OR easy... and there's the gigantic speed bump. So few of us
are actually motivated enough to read and learn a thimbleful of the law you regularly cite that
would free us.
I shoulda kept the old sig.."The rule of the color of law is tyranny." Thanks again for pushing
the lynchpin, F& more stars for crown. Uncle Metaphor feebly signing off to visit Morpheusville.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
In my opinion, I drive pretty safely. I make sure I'm doing my best every time. However, people like my brother don't deserve a license. He texts and drives, speeds, takes turns WAYYY too fast, and let's his girlfriend tug at his arms while he's driving. My mother doesn't deserve a license because of her road rage. My father drives safely, so I can see where I get my skills from.

I know so many poor drivers. I've seen cocky drivers turn into great drivers after accidents and I see cocky drivers drive like monsters because they have the "it can't happen to me" attitude. I hate those drivers. Unfortunately, a lot of the people I go to school with drive that way, and it scares me.

We need more tests than just drivers Ed and a road test. We need written tests (key: plural) and multiple road tests. I'm talking a test once every season and mandatory review classes. I'm sick of worrying for both mine and my friends' lives.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
funny I wonder why europe is so much safer than the US. Im just guessing here, but could it be there aren't as many firearms?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hesse

Are you serious? The Knife crime there is just as equal to the crimes in the United States ... most of the United States gun Crimes are Gangs vs Gangs.

So you either can be stabbed to death or shot.

I am sorry , being stabbed 20-50 times before i finally die or pass out isn't very appealing.

Hell , Germany and Great Britain surpass the United States by nearly 8% alone in ALL crime related incidents. From 11 (US) Million Crimes reported in one year to 13 (UK / GER) Million crimes in one year.

The UK / France / Germany / Several other European Nations have a higher Murder Per Capita than the United States.

The United States doesn't even make the top 30 list for Murders per Capita while the Uk , Poland , France , Spain , Romania and other nations are on the top 30 list. With Turkey being number one.

Total crime victims 26.4% 21.1% (Compared UK vs US). This is the Total Crime per Capita.

The UK also has 125% more rape (0.9% of the population while 0.4% of the US population experience rape)

So you can try that BS all you want too. The fact is America has close to 350 Million people , the 3rd largest population and we have a 89.2% police efficient in all crime incidents while the UK only has 70%?

The United States is15th regarding ALL crime committed per the population. Meaning Australia , New Zealand , and the United Kingdom are the most dangerous countries to live in regarding crime -- you dont even have guns (legally).

The United States has more crime (we are also the 3rd largest country) , but when you take in the population differences. The United States is close to 30% safer to live in than Europe and pretty much everyone has guns in the United States.

Taking away the guns wont help much.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

time to take life itself away from the american public. driving is the only freedom we have left. the only reason they let us have that is because the plan for a one-world corporate totalitarian fascist police state requires the cogs to get to the factory.

believe me driving would be illegal if they didnt need the slaves to drive for greater purposes.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Could we get links for references? I believed this to be true previously, but haven't found the information to back it up.

Thanks in advance.

To the OP:
Well put, a satirical look at what our government is turning us into. Bravo, S&F!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Etarson

www.nationmaster.com...

2nd.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

what a completely stupid argument, cars are designed to carry people and transit goods to and fro, a guns sole design is to kill, and sadly it is very good at it. whilst i understand that americans need to protect themselves from their government, which you all do on such a regular basis proving the worth of your boomsticks, dont you think that the world would be a better place without the need for guns

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I wish that the same rational was used with drugs.

I have been called a liberal before...but I am for gun rights. I am also for governmenta staying out of peoples bodies and bedrooms.

Why are so many people that lean to the right against the legalization of all drugs? It is not drugs that kill..but people who kill themselves or others with drugs.

I do not feel a need for laws that protect me against myself.

I wish that all of you that have gotten it so clearly when it comes to guns being tools..would understand the same about drugs.

And also about other countries having nuclear weapons(tools) if they so choose. They are criminals for want of a weapon(tool)? When that exact tool is legal for many others.

I am not being sarcastic.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Now that European figures have been brought into the thread, let me give you my perspective from Wales, UK.

I used to shoot regularly until the handgun ban, which came about after a man killed a large number of children and teachers in Dunblane, Scotland. It was a pretty awful case, but the facts are very fishy (to say the least).

Within a couple weeks the government had legislation ready to ban the use of hand guns (also convenient) and now we are limited to a small list of firearms.

Since then I have decided to go back to shooting, and had to do the following things to get my Fire Arms Certificate.
Join a local club and regularly attend for a six month probation period.
While there, prove to club officials that I could handle firearms safely. (Common sense IMO)

Once becoming a full member, you apply to the local police firearms department for an application form, and in my case wait four months to be vetted for a criminal record and mental health problems. They also send an officer round to check the security of your house, and ensure your gun cabinet is bolted down.

I had been told the application could take three months, but there was a backlog in the office because of cutbacks to staff on the police force. Having been a club member in the past, and having had a FAC previously did help as well.

The only hand guns we are allowed are any black powder pistols or revolvers, or long barreled (12 inch) with a brace on the grip which makes the piece over 24 inches overall.

Semi auto and bolt action rimfire rifles are allowed, along with antique-actioned rifles such as lever action carbines for gallery use in clubs. Large centre fire rifles are ok, as long as they are bolt action, or in the case of Black rifles, straight pull, single shot.

The point of all this scribble, is that along with Australia, we have some of the most restrictive anti gun laws in the world. We do not have shooting's every day, and might go months before there are any at all, which makes it all the more news worthy when it happens.

We do have more guns in the uk than ever before, even after the many 'gun amnesties' (and the many knife hand-ins as well), which feed the mostly gang related violence, (and police shootings of course) which are hyped in the MSN.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

reply to post by jar11

Ya think? What is with all these take the rights of American's away anyway? What has happened to us as a People? What has happened to our ethic? Guaranteed the take the rights away from American's thread will continue. What should we do? How can we counter this, I wonder?

edit on 5-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

Oh come on now, they are just doing it for our own good, you know to protect us, from ourselves, you know how dangerous it is to drive a car, have a gun, take prescription pills, have an original thought etc

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join