It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
take away the guns, take away the cigs, take away the knives, take away the cars...and there will still be people out there in the world that will be able to kill you with their bare hands!!

maybe we should cut off everyone's hands also???

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

edit on 6-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That's like saying let's get rid of food because people are dying from diabetes.
And in some places, like miami, where the public transportation sucks and doesn't go everywhere.
You need a car to get from place to place.

It's not perfect and yes accidents happen. But if we had more education on how to drive properly maybe we wouldn't have so many accidents.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It is interesting that such huge advances have been made in weapons and weponary in the last hundred years.

Yet a hundred years later people are still driving around in lumps of metal that are fueled by a highly flammable and explosive material.

stupid bloody proles

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Yeah not really.

We now have hydrogen fuel powered cars, electric, even compressed air!

And the fuel powered ones are more efficient than ever, are safer than ever.

I also could spin your weaponry comment around as well, since in a hundred years, we're still killing each other with bullets in wars.

But I won't because like car technology (in fact every technology), weapon technology has increased in leaps and bounds. Having said that though, at least the technology in the car industry is doing things to save more lives, not take more lives......

Anywho, it is the people to blame.

We live in a society that caters to the lowest common denominator.

Perhaps if we stop basing our do's and don't's on the idiots and oxygen thieves they'll eventually do us all a favour and drink too much bleach whilst using a hair dryer in the shower...?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I agree.

Ban cars (drive bicycles instead and public transport)
Ban airplanes (such unneeded luxury!)
Ban guns (guns kill people, doh)
Ban smoking (smoking also kills people)
Ban alcohol (alcohol kills people)
Ban dogs (dogs kill people)
Ban running (in fact maybe ban all sports?)
Ban women (face it, women kill people too)
Ban internet (obviously)
Ban music (except calming ones)
Ban video games (even though we banned guns)

Damn... I will need more time for this and a bigger forum. There's just so many things to ban.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why are so many ats' ers so ignorant?

My goodness! Negative america this and that day in day out, hop off our........

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You sir, are a fool. I had the unfortunate mishap of reading your last post. I didnt even take the time to read this one and I never will. The title was enough. Your foresight is limited and your level insight reflects that. If we should follow your fearful logic then we should do away with space exploration or deep sea exploration. Those, are the two most dangerous professions to date. In fact lets just take all risk or danger out of life and live a meaningless, trite, boring, pathetic, passive existence.

Wake up. Go outside. Breath fresh air. Go live.

Stop cowering in your room reading statistics. Death is an inevitability, meaning everyone dies eventually. If you spend your whole life worrying about death then you will never live.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

Can we then sell them illegally in Mexico so they can use them to run over our border agents?

edit on 5-4-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

Only if the government is in charge of selling them to the mexicans. Then yes, no problem
edit on 6-4-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adventxero
You sir, are a fool. I had the unfortunate mishap of reading your last post. I didnt even take the time to read this one and I never will. The title was enough. Your foresight is limited and your level insight reflects that. If we should follow your fearful logic then we should do away with space exploration or deep sea exploration. Those, are the two most dangerous professions to date. In fact lets just take all risk or danger out of life and live a meaningless, trite, boring, pathetic, passive existence.

,Wake up. Go outside. Breath fresh air. Go live.

Stop cowering in your room reading statistics. Death is an inevitability, meaning everyone dies eventually. If you spend your whole life worrying about death then you will never live.

QFE.

The irony is unbelievable.

This kind of thing is an epidemic on ATS. I apologize for the lengthy quote. I thought it appropriate, considering.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

We cannot live forever, its all a matter of how and when. Why not out law heartattacks, strokes and vicious pig attacks as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by adventxero

Hey you could be what I'm talking about....put...down....the...bleach...!

But seriously though, the OP is satirizing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Need to take away air from all humans. They convert O2 rich air into CO2 rich air. There are many slippery slopes that can be instituted with the onset argued as for the common good under common sense. Just keep the conversation time-shallow.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
reply to post by jar11

Agreed, cars arnt the problem, its the people.

If people just learnt to pay attention and not drive in la la land 90% of accidents would be eliminated.

people over 60 go for a driving test every 6 months.

Everyone should be required to ride a motorcycle. THEN you'll learn to pay attention to your surroundings or your dead.

I got into more accidents when I was in my teen's & 20's then now than I am over 60 !

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I love the misconceptions that uninformed Conservatives have when it comes to gun control and rights. No one is going to take away your weapons, so please, relax.

Also, car accident stats are quite severe, but those are called accidents. If someone comes up to me and shoots me because they wanted my money or because they're a mentally unstable individual, it's not an accident. It was a malicious act of nature.

Acquiring a weapon should be a difficult process and it should never land in the wrong hands when it comes to a legal purchase. But like we've seen with incidents such as Columbine, this happens more often than it should.

Comparing car accidents to acts of malicious violence is ridiculous and a lame way of trying to make a point.

But hey, ATS members....thanks to you and Fox News, gun sales have skyrocketed since Obama took office. Fear is the gun industry's best friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
No, no, no! You guys have it all wrong! We need to take DOCTORS away from the American Public! It's all in the numbers!

www.truthorfiction.com...

semmelweis.org...

www.gunsandammoenthusiastblog.com...

msgboard.snopes.com.../ubb/get_topic/f/81/t/000785/p/1.html

policelink.monster.com...

See, you guys?!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The speed of a bullit is deadly.

The speed of a car is deadly.

Ban speed, problem solved....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ban physics!

Burn the science books and execute the scientists and engineers!

Hurry, before it's too late!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Gosh, what part of "The right to drive an automobile SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you not understand?

oh uhmm wait...

Well, People are idiots and half of the american drivers shouldn't even be driving, it seems gun owners have more training than people driving...atleast around here.....

Atleast when I go to the range I wouldn't have to worry about being run over by a gun.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Atleast when I go to the range I wouldn't have to worry about being run over by a gun.

That's interesting. I've been shooting in events and at ranges all over the eastern US and I've never once had that feeling in the back of my mind that a bullet would come flying my way.

I'm also an avid cyclist and runner. There isnt a pump of the legs that goes around without me wondering if that car I hear coming up behind me sees me or is going to give me proper room or is just going to plow right into me.

There are some older ATS threads where the hubris, insanity and outright malicious hatred so many drivers have comes pouring out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are posts in these threads where drivers come right out and say you're a dumb idiot and deserve to die for using their roads.

I cant say Ive ever encountered folks on the range ranting about how people deserve to die for being on their range.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join