It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Maybe if people had to go back to shoveling horse manure regularly, the whole political correctness concept might disappear.

That might be worth it.

You know I love you, brother, but just to put you at ease, I assure you I will never be your beast of burden. I am far, far, far, way too far, politically correct for that.

I don't know, maybe I'm just flogging dead horses. I'll tell you what, you can send me dead horses every morning, you can send me dead horses by the mail, send me dead horses to my wedding, and I won't forget to leave a donkey by your grave...sigh...wild roses couldn't drag me away.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: Horses damnit! Not flowers, horses!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks Jean Paul... btw, you didn't mention cell phones which are very close to being banned while driving across the country due to their connection to accidents and or deaths.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

Thanks Jean Paul... btw, you didn't mention cell phones which are very close to being banned while driving across the country due to their connection to accidents and or deaths.

Dear Lord! How could I have possibly forgotten the cell phones? Those damned cell's have to be dealt with!! I know, let's bomb the crap out of Iran and put an end to these very dangerous cell's!!! If you're not with us, then you're against...hang on...I'm sorry I have to take this call...

edit on 5-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

LOL, one of my favorite tunes. I always thought Mick was greatly underrated as a lyricist.

I figure I will be shoveling my own manure, same then as now.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I will not feel safe and secure until I'm neatly tucked in my Official Federal Gubment artificial womb. Hooked up to my gubment approved feeding tube, and gubment issued IV concoction on constant drip secured to my stump, that used to be an arm, but no longer needed now.

It sure is good to be this safe, and loved, by my gubment....isn't it...

Des
edit on 5-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Good point! You know how many times people injure themselves via the use of their arms?
Actually, the legs create more injuries.

Its time to take legs away from the American Public!!!!
edit on 5-4-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: afterwork cocktail not good for grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
red barchetta ?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think it all boils down to people not respecting,not just themselves, people around them and the potential for their actions to harm others. It's not the fault of the person behind the wheel or trigger it's the object. Guess that's because a inanimate object can't protest it's treatment.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Hmmm, I can appreciate the analogy, but what I first thought of is how many car fatalities were accidents verses intentional gunshot fatalities?

ETA: FTR I am not a "git rid of all the guns" person.
edit on 5-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

I thought I would respond to your post now and remind anyone who might be confused and think my satire just plain silliness and relegate this very serious social issue with such a political divide as to fairly call it the verge of social unrest, that I have made an effort to find some statistics comparing murder, manslaughter, and vehicle homicide or vehicular manslaughter but it is taking much time and I began to worry that if I buried my head in research I would return only to discover my attempt at humor cost this thread and had it sent to Below Top Secret or the Rant section or something like that.

I trust those who know me, know full well how seriously I take these issues. Maybe you could pop into that link and help with the research...if you are so inclined.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Thank you for the consideration JPZ. I get and appreciate your humor, as well as your perspectives and threads here, I really do. I thought the gist was about the gov telling us what we can and can't do, and the hypocrisy in furthering gun restrictions, when compared to other life ending issues. That response was an opinionated attempt to clarify a subtle difference in comparisons, for fairness.

I am checking your source and am delighted to see overall violent crime going down. As far as statistics, I am a little unclear about what else you may need. I feel your point has been well made and fits just fine in this forum.
It is really no surprise that motor vehicle deaths are a serious contender for source of deaths. I can't seem to find a current comparison, everything is separated into natural and violent crime homicide. Here are a few sources:
www.cdc.gov...
www.michaelparenti.org...

Thanks again,
spec

ETA: Additional source with adolescent deaths: www.jhsph.edu...
edit on 5-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Don't worry, economic realities are going to end widespread use of the gasoline powered vehicle soon anyway.

Tar sands won't save us when the sweet light crude runs out, and that will be very soon.

We will probably see economic Armageddon before the end of this decade, if not sooner.

But it will be far better for the common man. The organic farmers are going to be the ones in the right position.

Bingo

2nd line!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wonder how many deaths have been caused by the government. Let's ban them. It would help us all.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They can take away my family bullet when they pry my cold, dead fingers off the steering wheel!

If they want to outlaw dangerous things, they ought to outlaw the one thing that has brought more death, misery and suffering to the whole world.

I know I won't feel safe as long as that is still out there.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

In my research efforts I have yet to find the time to take a gander at the statistical evidence for the danger of bad jokes. Damn interrupting cows!

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Interrupting cow.

Interrupting....

Mooo

...cow who?

....ooooooooooo! Somewhere five innocent dairy farmers died from knee slapping.

Moo!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
JPZ, quick question for you: You say that we all have the inalieable right to drive, without needing a license from a governmental agency. Does these mean that one also has no obligation to follow posted speed or yield signs, stop signs, red lights? Does a person have the freedom to drive drunk or under the influence of drugs?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
JPZ, quick question for you: You say that we all have the inalieable right to drive, without needing a license from a governmental agency. Does these mean that one also has no obligation to follow posted speed or yield signs, stop signs, red lights? Does a person have the freedom to drive drunk or under the influence of drugs?

That which causes no harm is done by right. Outside of defense, that which causes harm is not a right. Moo!

Nice to see you, brother.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Nice reasoning But the problem is not all Motor Vehicles, only those with the ability to kill ones self and others.

I drive an electric bike, a bicycle with an electric motor. It can do 28 mph with a range of 20 miles round trip between charges. You wear safety gear when driving it. It can carry your groceries. It does not require a drivers license or insurance.

If everyone drove these, and got into a wreck, at most it might cause a few bruises, perhaps a broken finger. No deaths or at least very few comparatively. . The whole thing with a person on it only weighs about 200 lbs.

Best of all at about 1200 bucks and recharging cost a few pennies a day everyone can afford one.

Edit to add - oh yeah. I can drive my electric bike with my 12 magazine semi auto pistol strapped to my side, with no permit or registration - legally . Its a Win Win.

edit on 5-4-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

That which causes no harm is done by right. Outside of defense, that which causes harm is not a right. Moo!

Nice to see you, brother.

I dont understand your answer....does that mean I can run a stop sign as long as I dont kill anyone? As long as no one gets harmed, I should be able to drive drunk?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Motor vehicles are essential in making people productive, therefore they will never be taken from them.

The amount of death they cause is irrelevant because the economy always comes before human life.

Whew! If you are correct, then the gun industry is safe...for now.

The gun industry is dreading Obama's failure to be re-elected.
Sales will tumble!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

If you cannot figure that answer out for yourself, I would suggest that you are better off with the nanny state, and ever so paternal federal government telling you what to do.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by aching_knuckles

If you cannot figure that answer out for yourself, I would suggest that you are better off with the nanny state, and ever so paternal federal government telling you what to do.

Why are you insulting me? I am merely asking a question. Why wont you give a defined answer?

my questions stands....does that mean I can run a stop sign as long as I dont kill anyone? As long as no one gets harmed, I should be able to drive drunk?

and by extension, are you advocating that people drive without licenses and then not stop at stop signs? Please answer.
edit on 5-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join