It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT DO
THIS.

Starzzz for you!!!
Thank YOU, I have been saying this over and over.
It is dangerous!!!

73's,
Tom

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There are many astronomers who believe we were not originally part of the milky way and are actually part of the dwarf galaxy merging with the milky way in our area. All of those stars and gases getting sucked into our area could easily heat up our solar system and give the sun a different appearance here vewing through the various gases being devoured by the milky way.

link   
post = epitomy of subjectivity = 19 pages

link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by Swills

I'm an advocate of sungazing and recommend it to anyone. I stared at the sun for 30 minutes straight yesterday. Start slow at dawn, your eyes get strong.

Yeah, no. Do not stare at the Sun. New Agers like David "I'm a LIAR" Wilcock advocate staring into the Sun but science and people with damaged retina's are the PROOF anyone needs that staring into the Sun is a terrible idea that can and will lead to physical damage your eyes.

Again, to those that think Sun gazing is a good idea, it's not.

I'm speaking directly from experience. Yes your eyes do get stronger and your vision actually improves. You need to start slow.. 10 seconds at dawn.. next day 20 seconds and so on. Eventually staring at the sun is as easy as staring at a lightbulb in your living room. Improved vision is not the only benefit, but also physical and mental well being. This is not a "new age" thing its actually very old. Like I said yes, if you stare at the midday sun without training your eyes you will burn your retinas. You don't go for the gym the first time and try to benchpress a huge amount of weight, you start slow.

Everything this guy says is 100% true.

"Everything that guy says is 100%" BS, ask any ophthalmologist!

I speak from experience as well.
My daughter and her little friend had a bet as to who could stare at the Sun longer.
Guess what.
Both lost and my daughter ruined her eyesight.

Your experience is FLAWED. It is not true!
Stop with the "yoga" for the eyes "new age" crap.
The analogy of going to the gym is ludicrous, at best.

You are advocating burning out your retinas.
AGAIN, please stop!!

Thanks again,
Stop

Again its not "new age" and is a very old concept. The "gym" concept is correct, this is the reason your daughter lost some sight. If you don't start slow you are asking for trouble.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have a pretty open view on things, but sun gazing sounds dangerous.

I think taking in sunlight is very important, but staring at it for hours make no sense at all.

That's just my humble opinion, but to each his own.

I sure would love to see an unedited video with people staring at the sun for a couple of hours, then I might believe some of the hype.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by mayabong

We get that you believe in this nonsense but the fact is staring into the Sun is harmful to your physical self, and no video about a Costa Rican farm is going to convince me otherwise.

Yep, thats what the eyeglass and contacts companies want you to think. After all 75% of americans wear corrective eyewear. Wouldn't want people actually thinking self healing is possible.

While I do agree there's a mass conspiracy about a many of things your sun gazing clams is NOT one of them. Sorry, but it's true. I even knew of a girl who as a child took a pair of binoculars and stared at the Sun and the result was permanent damage to her eyes and now she has to wear corrective lenses because of it.

People, do not listen to the poster, staring into the Sun is a stupid idea.

You people aren't reading what I'm typing. I'm saying you need to start slow. I can't explain how or why it works when you do it this way but it does. Your eyes do not get burned. yes if anyone takes binoculars and stares at the sun they will seriously screw # up.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
To put this back on track, the sun is giving off a different light. It has been slowly changing year on year since 1996. Im a wedding photographer and I know for a fact that we are receiving a white light and not the golden glow we received in the early 1990s. Ive also commented on the fact that the sky canopy also looks different and this in my opinion is due to the change in perceived white balance and change in gamma. This change is making the sky bluer and the clouds more intensified.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You people aren't reading what I'm typing. I'm saying you need to start slow. I can't explain how or why it works when you do it this way but it does. Your eyes do not get burned. yes if anyone takes binoculars and stares at the sun they will seriously screw # up.

Im reading and don't understand why some are running with it in all caps. lol

Personally I don't want to do it but I hear it is something as you said should be taken slow and like anything.... practice makes perfect. Its nothing new and why people through around "new age" all the time now is beyond me. Sure... guns are not safe ....to ones who don't know how to operate one. Same thing here.... don't sungaze unless you are open to ANY type of effect...good or bad. People either have common sense or they don't.

I have taught my kids not to point a light into ones eyes or stare at the sun. But... thats me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

thanks for your account and staying on track! with that I think my work is done here.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

thank you. peace out.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Let me start by saying as far as the rest of my misguided life it has nothing to do with this post or the sun changing colors or being "hotter", so let’s leave it out of this conversation.

If I missed the point please explain to me what you mean by the "Warning" and the "Cleansing" when the sun "changes color" and how this is not fear mongering? If not I missed the point of why the sun changing colors matters to me? Why does it matter to me if the sun changes colors? If you are not spreading fear and a misconception that too some people the sun has changed and to others it hasn't I apologize. But without evidence you offer only conjecture and a personal opinion that the sun has changed colors.

Perhaps (and I mean no offense) something has changed with your eyes? Because it seems the same to me and many others. On some days it seems hotter but I am a pale office slug so I expect it. But when I spend more time out in the sun it seems less hot. Also I have for the past 11-12 years photographed the sun Here is a recent example monthly or so and have not noticed an changes in color or intensity at least not dramatically noticeable. Would you like to offer something other than conjecture?

Finally to address my moniker, it is from an image I made a long time ago and I would like to know why you don't like it. Icons, images, logos only have the power we give them. The one eye could be the eye of providence, the evil eye or maybe just maybe it is just an eye. There is no depiction (as with some members) of violence, evil or malice on the other hand there is not really any emotions. You are deciding its meaning as well as you did with the tone my post. I mean no offense but I do deny ignorance and despise fear mongers!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by Realtruth
Without proof, facts, or links has anyone noticed the difference in the suns brightness?

I love that someone named Realtruth is asking people to forgo proof and facts.

It really is a testament to the anti-intellectual mentality that is creeping into ATS.

Are you trolling ATS?

It is called personal perspective, or opinion and is based on ones own views, thus no proof, facts or links can be presented.

I think these types of comments are the ones that I spoke of in my prior posts, that resort to a thread descending into childish behavior and baiting other trolls on ATS.

What is the purpose of personal perspective? Why does it hold more value than scientific observation?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
To put this back on track, the sun is giving off a different light. It has been slowly changing year on year since 1996. Im a wedding photographer and I know for a fact that we are receiving a white light and not the golden glow we received in the early 1990s. Ive also commented on the fact that the sky canopy also looks different and this in my opinion is due to the change in perceived white balance and change in gamma. This change is making the sky bluer and the clouds more intensified.

I have a friend in photography and she said the same thing a month ago.

Here's a "true" story..

The day before the St. Louis Earthquake (most recent) we were coming home from a Hockey Tournament on our back to Nashville when I saw a glow out of the corner of my eye. On further inspection of said glow I saw the Sun in the sky and it not only looked HUGE but it had a huge glow around it. The outer edges of this glow appeared as a rainbow. I have never ever seen that before. lol

I told the kids to wake up..they looked and was in awe as well. My boyfriend even said, I wonder if we are leaving St. Louis in time because by the looks of that sun they may just get an Earthquake. I laughed and said...whatever thinking he was joking on me. The next day when the quake happened we were all in amazement with what we witnessed the day before.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Im reading and don't understand why some are running with it in all caps. lol

Personally I don't want to do it but I hear it is something as you said should be taken slow and like anything.... practice makes perfect. Its nothing new and why people through around "new age" all the time now is beyond me. Sure... guns are not safe ....to ones who don't know how to operate one. Same thing here.... don't sungaze unless you are open to ANY type of effect...good or bad. People either have common sense or they don't.

I have taught my kids not to point a light into ones eyes or stare at the sun. But... thats me.

Yes I admit when I started I was very skeptical, but the idea resonated with me for some reason and decided to take my chances. I also think there is a direct relationship with your pineal gland which is light sensitive. As you age eventually it gets a calcium shell around it from not being used. It is my understanding that sungazing keeps your pineal gland healthy and your brain overall healthy.

If sungazing doesn't resonate with you then simply don't do it. I'm just sharing my experience.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

The funny thing is this does not mean the sun is changing colors...it means the Atmosphere is less /more polluted!

Which that makes me think maybe people are seeing a color change because they live in a more/less polluted area.

A golden glow happens with more particles in the air. The sun from space is a yellow-white not orange or golden. Where I leave when I see an orange sun or more golden sun I worry that there has been too many fires.
Maybe people seeing the “True” color of the sun is because they are living in less pollution

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

something is definitely going on with the sun, and i fear that one of the many lies that we have been told in modern times is the age of the sun, and the true time it will start to implode..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You have seriously never seen a Sun bow?

science.nasa.gov...

OH OH and here! Check out the halos and how each photo has a different look to the sun in color (mostly because of the time of day).

en.wikipedia.org...(optical_phenomenon)

I have loved sun halos and sun dogs since I was child! Funny they look exactly the same as I remember them...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OP,
This is silly nonsense. Here's two reasons why:

Reason #1) As you get older you take more medicines, your body adjusts, and your pupils dilate more. Therefore, the sun appears brighter to you.

Reason #2) There are more smog and pollution regulations in place now than there were 15 years ago. Smog blocks out sunlight.
edit on 4/5/2012 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RickGrimes

Yes the Sun is evil and for Gosh sakes DO NOT STARE too long at it you might piss it off!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
OP,
This is silly nonsense. Here's two reasons why:

Reason #1) As you get older you take more medicines, your body adjusts, and your pupils dilate more. Therefore, the sun appears brighter to you.

Reason #2) There are more smog and pollution regulations in place now than there were 15 years ago, which block out sunlight.

SHHHHHH STOP THAT! You are using logic and reason...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join