It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Has anyone noticed how fast your skin burns in the sun these days as well? I have been a keen fisherman since i was a kid. My friends and i spent most of our summers on a riverbank fishing and we always had nice healthy suntans, there was no need for sunblock or anything like that.

Anyway... last year i took my young nephew fishing for the first time, (in the same place i fished as a kid) and we both ended up with very severe sunburn and blisters on our arms, necks and legs in less than 2 hours.. I blame myself for it of course, but the speed at which it happened was just freakish and shocking. The only thing i can compare it with, was like being under a giant magnifying glass. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing also?

similar thing, as a child I didn't use sunscreen and always got a nice golden colour, for about 10 years, I have gotten a slight sun rash or burning unless using sunscreen.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasbugged
just checked again and yes...the sun is white with a blue glaze over actual sun and am also plenty old enough to remember yellow....made several quick glances to confirm...and don't worry about the lead heads who deny everything...the clueless and contentious will always be around, at least in this density...

That blue glaze or "blue sun" that you and alike you are seeing is nothing more than OVEREXPOSED BURNED PHOTO RECEPTORS IN YOUR EYES.
People please stop hurting yourselves!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

The Sun is variable. Simple.

Here's a link to a NASA page The Inconstant Sun that even has a graph of Solar Output going back to the year 1100.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

That has to do with all of the nice golden brown tans you got as a child. Sun damage is cumulative. You damaged your skin as a child, and now you are reaping what you have sown.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I do NOT remember the sun being "mellower", milder or more yellow in the past (which goes way back, by the way)...in fact i remember hot and glistering summers and a bright sun all the way back to my childhood.

You people are simply fantasizing.

However, one thing is true...the UV radiation exposure and danger to get sunburns surely has increased in the last decades because of the ozon hole, this is a fact, so are increased numbers of skin cancers etc. brought on by exposure to the sun.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Just last month I was visiting with my grandma, and we were talking about the bizarre winter temperatures / weather. She says she remembers a few other uncanny winters and summers, but exactly how she put it was ..

"It just seems like everything is changing, even the sky."

Now I am not a huge conspiracy person; I simply read them for fun and forget them the next day. So in other words, I didn't really ask her to elaborate.

I don't know why the sun is getting brighter, but just maybe it holds weight. I'll speak to her about it and see what she says.
edit on 5-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Something is up... Solar Activity is an adjunct to what is happening..... the SUN is STRONGER... I have noticed.... and many others... I have been talking about this with colleagues for a few weeks now. It even feels stronger on the skin.. or through windows... We are here in New Mexico USA. I cannot vouch for the color... but you can barely glance at it anymore for however brief...

About ten+ years ago I noticed the Chemtrails starting... not as frequent as nowadays... which is a several time a week occurrence here at times.... I have been documenting them photographically for the past year (during the day and night) as they have been occurring with such increased frequency... almost blatant, like no one looks up anymore at the sky anymore and says WOW... whats going on?? too busy watching TV or rushing about the day to day overwhelm .... Something is up... I think there is a RELATIONSHIP between the increased Solar Power (Luminosity / Radiation, Brightness, Heat, etc...) and the Chem-Trail Phenomena... maybe "global warming" is somewhat wrapped up in this as a guise as well to what is actually happening here.... good post...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hey Furbs! PJslug! Paradox! Go get 'em boy! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol, you guys are incredible, how much are you paid to do this? Anyway it looks like there's another thread that you can try to debunk even though the world consensus is against you. I remember an astro physicist telling me that even though Mars has polar caps it would be impossible for Mars to have water on it. I laughed at him then as I do you now.

How 'bout being realistic and admitting that the sun is a different color to us, young and old as stated many times on this thread. Also, put your narrow minds on this focus, how has our atmosphere changed over the last few decades? That is the most likely answer to this color change. The second choice would be the sun emitting more than usual, much more.

Either way, consider this post your treat for today, lol.

STM

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Hey Furbs! PJslug! Paradox! Go get 'em boy! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol, you guys are incredible, how much are you paid to do this? Anyway it looks like there's another thread that you can try to debunk even though the world consensus is against you. I remember an astro physicist telling me that even though Mars has polar caps it would be impossible for Mars to have water on it. I laughed at him then as I do you now.

How 'bout being realistic and admitting that the sun is a different color to us, young and old as stated many times on this thread. Also, put your narrow minds on this focus, how has our atmosphere changed over the last few decades? That is the most likely answer to this color change. The second choice would be the sun emitting more than usual, much more.

Either way, consider this post your treat for today, lol.

STM

The instruments used to calculate luminosity are within the atmosphere. They experience the same atmosphere we do, so changes in the atmosphere are factored into the readings.

The most likely answer to color change is biological, not astrological. Think about it like this.

If the sun was changing color, it would change the color of everything that the sunlight touched. This is simple enough to test on your own. Put a red lightbulb into a lamp and turn it on. See how everything is a different color than it normally appears? That is because you changed the color of the light coming out of the lamp. Now put in a blue bulb. Note the changes. Now a yellow. Note the changes. Now the white. Note the changes.

Is everything in the world a different color?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

That has to do with all of the nice golden brown tans you got as a child. Sun damage is cumulative. You damaged your skin as a child, and now you are reaping what you have sown.

I didn't burn as a child just got naturally golden, and this shouldn't mean burning as an adult.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
crazy perhaps but your definately on to something I too am old enough to remember looking directly at the sun bright golden yellow circa 70's now the sun is blue white in appearance so something has changed infact my theory is the global warming is due to the sun not the amount of carbon we waste star and flag for stating the obvious

I am not old enough to remember the 70's, but it seemed odd to me that all the movies in the 60's, 70's and early 80's, the outside sun had a yellowish tint to it. In 90's+ films, this went away and is now a blueish white. I thought it was just the cameras, but you might be onto something.

Anybody else notice this with films?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think objective measurements of the Solar Observer would be supporting this theory if it were true.

Sunspot activity is up after a 16 year lull -- but perhaps you live somewhere with more haze.

Anyway, I think it would be hard to hide this and I don't see evidence of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just wanted to back what the OP wrote. I'm only 32 and I've noticed a distinct difference in the brightness of the sun. It is also more unforgiving than years past. Hotter, more uncomfortable. Just IMO. I just went out for coffee and had to put my visor down and shades on because of the brightness. That in and of itself isn't so shocking but isn't a one day thing. This is constant and has been for awhile. I have no theory about 2012. All I know is there's something up with the sun and our general temperature. Signs of something, of what, I'm not so sure.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

I didn't burn as a child just got naturally golden, and this shouldn't mean burning as an adult.

"Naturally Golden" is sun damage. Do some research.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

You know what if you had asked in a more polite manner I might just have went digging for some. But as your request was pretentious in the extreme, " No".

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Some of my friends and I have come to the conclusion the sun is for sure brighter and EXTREMELY difficult to look at for more than a few seconds. Its not some 2012 nonsense this really is happening and we all see it here in Ohio.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

my skin has natural olive tones and wasn't over exposed to sun, just got naturally more golden more easily.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

There is a thing to be noted here, there are many prophecies about dragons lashing out at the earth (mother Shipton, John in Revelations). If you can imagine that something has erupted inside the sun, and the gases have gone into that cavity. Much like a tsunami; the sea is pulled out to the source of the disturbance.... then it "lashes it's tail", I think it is said. I've seen reports of a dark triangle in the sun - below - also, disturbingly, something that looks like a horse (pale horse?).

www.revelation13.net...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

my skin has natural olive tones and wasn't over exposed to sun, just got naturally more golden more easily.

Even incidental sun exposure can lead to skin damage. But, you don't have to take my word for it.

Tung R, Vidimos A.Melanoma. In: Carey WD, ed. Cleveland Clinic: Current Clinical Medicine 2010. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier; 2010:section 3.

Google it and see what you find.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The instruments used to calculate luminosity are within the atmosphere. They experience the same atmosphere we do, so changes in the atmosphere are factored into the readings.

As evidenced by young and old the instruments are incorrect. I asked my son again today and he remembered the sun as being yellow when he was a child. A lot of people remember it. Instead of saying we are all blinded by the light, lol, just admit that sometimes the textbooks and instruments are wrong. Probably software trying to see luminosity and the base calculation being a off by a mile.

STM

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join