It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

and most of them are on this thread. I don't really care about what the significance is, because I have no vested interest. But some others do. Can you tell the difference?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by Realtruth

Very awesome! out of the mouth of babes...

I think what shocked me the most was this wasn't the first time I heard that observation, but many times in a 12 month period. And by people that never talk conspiracy, not metaphysics.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
The OP is new and personally I think he should be cut some slack here on ATS.

I understand the critics POV here on ATS because I have been here for many years. Maybe the thread should have been posted in a different forum.

Other than personal speculation, no links or hard facts this is truly hard to prove, so in conclusion give the OP a break and just welcome he/her to ATS.

No, the OP should be held to the same standards as everyone else, especially when said new person is calling people retarded, making inane one line retorts, and deflecting any critical analysis of what he is saying. See the above post for crying out loud. Telling someone they are being dumb is the new status quo around here.

The OP's claim has already been disproven, yet while it remains here stinking ATS up with yet another claim of "Smurfs ARE Real!!", we should just go about our days and let the entirety of the content of ATS be dragged down because of garbage like this?

I don't think so.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
reply to post by Furbs

Nah, you wouldn't believe anything if even it hit you upside the head. You don't deny that we are in the cloud, because we are. You try so hard to make yourself believe the cloud won't have any perceptible effects, but guess what? We perceive the changes. You're just along for the ride to extinction.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Nah, you wouldn't believe anything if even it hit you upside the head. You don't deny that we are in the cloud, because we are. You try so hard to make yourself believe the cloud won't have any perceptible effects, but guess what? We perceive the changes. You're just along for the ride to extinction.

That's just it. We aren't perceiving changes. You are. Instruments made to perceive these changes are not doing so. You refuse to believe this.. even though the same science was used to find this cloud you speak of. I won't deny the existence of a cloud, because instrumentation states it is there. You DO deny the reality of the sun's brightness, however, even though instrumentation tells us it is lower than when you were a child.

Edit:

Regardless, this thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum. No more reason for me to be interested, as the rules are now in your favor.

Good day.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I knew you were a true spirit. We all need to stop fighting and start the path towards the end/beginning. No other course of action is due, because, well simply there isn't time any more. I would be in the fray slinging names as they, since I'm not above that, but there's really no point left anymore. Even tough love has to end somewhere, and my love has ceased with those unworthy recipients a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I never called anyone retarded or stupid. But some of the comments made, and that was only ONCE.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I knew you were a true spirit. We all need to stop fighting and start the path towards the end/beginning. No other course of action is due, because, well simply there isn't time any more. I would be in the fray slinging names as they, since I'm not above that, but there's really no point left anymore. Even tough love has to end somewhere, and my love has ceased with those unworthy recipients a long time ago.

Do you believe that it will be possible to survive "this event?"

Will you rid yourself of possessions as the time nears? What will you personally do as the date approaches?

Do you have kids?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

If you're so sure, then give me a link showing us your evidence, showing us all that it's the same now as it was twenty years ago at least.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
it's so funny, thinking the Sun never changes... yes, it will produce exact amount of energy forever

but, that's not so funny as when people say (including a lot of so called 'scientists') that the Sun has nothing to do with warming of the Earth's atmosphere (hence changing the climate)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm down to my last penny almost everyday. There's no more bottom that I can dig.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'm down to my last penny almost everyday. There's no more bottom that I can dig.

Are you posting from a public library with free internet service?

Are you sure you're just not hoping for an event because your life has hit "bottom"?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

and no, this is also where I part ways with my fav poster here. there's nothing we can do. none of us will survive. that's not doomy, because our souls will live on. our physical bodies will perish. does that mean everybody? not sure 100% but 99.99999999%.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The sun IS brighter than before, or at least the light that we receive is stronger.

I also remember being able to look at the sun in the 80's and I really can't do it anymore, I have no idea if it's because of the ozone layer degrading or a magnetic cloud in space but the sun is brighter than before, I can assure you. It's much whiter and less yellow.

I know many of your skeptic but from my personal experience, it is brighter.

Brighter, ok?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

lol my life is where it is because of my own choices, nothing more, nothing less. It's kind of pointless at this point to try and explain to the likes of you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

I'm different, when I was younger I could never bare the sun light (my eyes were always squinted outside) but now none of that happens and I'm actually able to look at the sun more.

Me, too! I do think sunlight has changed. a couple of years ago it seemed different, it seemed to change. it had that strange effect of solar eclipse sunlight shining through leaves, like there was a second shadow. It seemed filtered. Whitish at times, reddish at others.
I heard an interview with david sereda a couple of years ago in which he talked about a change in solar particles that were being emitted by the sun, there was now an extra, a new type of, particle being emitted.
The reason for the new particle was unknown. Maybe its part of the solar cycle that we are just now witnessing that we were unable to detect before. Either way, its definitely changed. Our atmosphere is changing also, so the sunlight that we witness with the naked eye should look different as well.
Its both scary and comforting to know you're not crazy isn't it? /

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

If you're so sure, then give me a link showing us your evidence, showing us all that it's the same now as it was twenty years ago at least.

Several of us HAVE done just that, like my post here:

Originally posted by eriktheawful
I hope you all are aware that the sun's luminosity fluctuates and does change with the solar min / max ?

Solar Luminosity

That our sun has fluctuations in it's brightness, temp, and neutrino output?

Source

Did you know that every time you look up in the sky and see those very puffy white clouds, the light that is hitting your eye is reflecting the actual color of the sun, due to the fact that those clouds are made up of water droplets and ice crystals, and are reflecting all light back off of them?

Why are clouds white?

Why are clouds white

So were all the clouds yellow to you in the past on sunny day? I don't remember that.

I do know that I've seen different kinds of sunsets over the years, depending on what was going on in the world:

San Diego Sunsets

You, on the other hand, have not linked anything to show or support your OP. Instead, you're ignoring what get's linked to you, and are instead concentrating on arguing with people, so that your thread is ending up with this type of mentality:

"Yes it is!"
"No it isn't!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it isn't!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it isn't!"
"Yes it is!"
"No it isn't!"

I'm sure you get the picture.

In order to further the discussion, be it proving points you tried to make in your OP, or to try and explain your points better, you need to provide publications of your supporting evidence.

Failure to do so means that your entire thread belongs in the Skunk Works part of ATS, as it's nothing more than your say so, and a highly speculative theory.

Give some meat to your threads if you post in this forum. Else, if you insist on remaining speculative, with no supporting proof, your threads belong in the Skunk Works or Grey Area parts of ATS.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

It has already been posted multiple time in this thread. You do not understand it.

As you can see, the sun is actually at its lowest point in recorded history, so it doesn't matter when you were born, it is actually dimmer than it was at any point before now. There isn't much of a retort to this. If you perceive it as brighter, it is your eyes, not the sun.

bobtisdale.blogspot.com...

The link will give you the citations and verifications of the legitimacy of the numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join