It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think OP is right...

why?

because as the years go by, every winter when I drive my car I feel the Sun heating my skin stronger through the window...

this is enough proof to me that something is going on, no matter what NASA or other corrupted agencies or scientists say...

and if you don't believe me, make an experiment yourself: expose yourself to the Sun (it's spring now) and you will feel that its' heat is like used to be in summer...

edit on 5-4-2012 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

i think you miss interpreted my statement...

just like nasa "landed on the moon"

they also predicted that the sun will enlarge several times its actual size while consuming its last supply of hydrogen, during this "enlargement" the earth will be consumed by our sun...

according to NASA this isnt supposed to happen until about 4 billion years from now....

who's to say that isnt a lie, and our sun is going through some process at this very moment...

please point out where in my previous statement did i say that the sun is "evil" and not to stare at it?

WTF?!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
just checked again and yes...the sun is white with a blue glaze over actual sun and am also plenty old enough to remember yellow....made several quick glances to confirm...and don't worry about the lead heads who deny everything...the clueless and contentious will always be around, at least in this density...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Yes, I also have noted over the past 10-15 years that even a thin ray of sunlight coming through a crack in the window curtains of the room is hotter , irritatingly much brighter, and "hard" (or harsh). In the past 10 years I never turned on the heater in the car in the daytime and there were winters in and around Philadelphia, PA in the 60-70 degree F range ,not the usual 30-40 degree F daytime highs. I stopped driving because of the horrible glare and I don't trust sunglasses - the stark shadows along the road and highways hide anybody trying to cross a street. The solar system and the sun are almost completely in the high energy interstellar cloud or"bubble" which is much more turbulent than the peacefull one we were in back in the 1950s. Others say a brown dwarf is headed our way which used to be the Sun's binary companion back during Noah's Flood ( 5,000 years ago ). Either the bubble or the brown dwarf are agitating the sun with new fuel and stuff to feed on, like you said.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickGrimes
they also predicted that the sun will enlarge several times its actual size while consuming its last supply of hydrogen, during this "enlargement" the earth will be consumed by our sun...

according to NASA this isnt supposed to happen until about 4 billion years from now....

who's to say that isnt a lie, and our sun is going through some process at this very moment...

please point out where in my previous statement did i say that the sun is "evil" and not to stare at it?

WTF?!

Take NASA out of the picture for a moment.

What about the thousands and thousands of non-NASA astronomers and astrophysicists that share the opinion that the Earth won't be swallowed by the sun for billions of years?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
To put this back on track, the sun is giving off a different light. It has been slowly changing year on year since 1996. Im a wedding photographer and I know for a fact that we are receiving a white light and not the golden glow we received in the early 1990s. Ive also commented on the fact that the sky canopy also looks different and this in my opinion is due to the change in perceived white balance and change in gamma. This change is making the sky bluer and the clouds more intensified.

Well Mr. photographer, you wouldn't mind posting pictures for comparisons then, would you? Otherwise I'm not sure what stating your profession has to do with something that anyone could look out of their window and see is exactly the same as it has always been.

I mean its the least you could do, since this thread is void of any logic and proof whatsoever.
The only thing everyone says is "now that you mention it...it isn't how I remember it!"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Yes, I noticed this too : the hot, burning patch of sunlight in my left arm and face while driving late in the morning. So, it's the Sun getting brighter and hotter, not the CO2 buildup that's causing Global warming.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by pjslug
OP,
This is silly nonsense. Here's two reasons why:

Reason #1) As you get older you take more medicines, your body adjusts, and your pupils dilate more. Therefore, the sun appears brighter to you.

Reason #2) There are more smog and pollution regulations in place now than there were 15 years ago, which block out sunlight.

SHHHHHH STOP THAT! You are using logic and reason...

Yes, unfortunately there isn't much logic and reason on this board. It's mainly filled with nonsense from uneducated people who want the world to be rounder than it really is.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickGrimes
reply to post by abeverage

i think you miss interpreted my statement...

just like nasa "landed on the moon"

WTF?!

I will agree with that NASA could be wrong as it is only from observation and we have not been observing the sun for more than a few hundred years. Hell for all we know the sun could "burp" and scorch earth, and perhaps this has happened in the past.

BUT…that is not what the OP is saying. If the sun looks different don’t you agree there would be a consensus?
Being an amateur astronomer make me a pretty qualified observer. And I say yes the sun has minor changes and daily the atmosphere/cloud cover/cloud density will affect its brightness and color.

And again here is that BUT, unless it turns purple it really isn’t a dramatic change enough to worry over or think it is a conspiracy that for some people causes fear or anxiety.

Unless someone shows me some proof or I observe the sun turning purple no way to I give this any credence.

Oh and the staring part was a joke, to anyone stupid enough to look at the sun for more than a second or without proper protection.

edit on 5-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Hi new here been reading for a few years . I saw this thread and another one last week about "holding a planet in your hands"

Anyway I took this photo last week and I noticed yesterday the blue dot on the table , is this just a lens flare or is it a projection of the sun in ablueish hue.

I have no idea it was taken with my iPhone .

Cheers.

help I have no idea how to get the photo online it's in my camera roll on my iPad.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Okay I have come off hiatus to say this. But in my 25 years of life the sun has never changed colour. It's always been to bright to look at.

I imagine that you believe it was duller because the memory of colour is dampened over time.

ALS

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Others on this site have said that this is due to an atmospheric change. I don't recall the details of their explanations.

Quoted for truth. The sun is always white, the atmospheric makeup determines the perceived hue. The sun has always been blindingly bright, especially on wet bitumen roads and other reflective surfaces. People got snow blind in the past too, it's not new. More likely explanation is that when the eye is young it has better aperture control.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed how fast your skin burns in the sun these days as well? I have been a keen fisherman since i was a kid. My friends and i spent most of our summers on a riverbank fishing and we always had nice healthy suntans, there was no need for sunblock or anything like that.

Anyway... last year i took my young nephew fishing for the first time, (in the same place i fished as a kid) and we both ended up with very severe sunburn and blisters on our arms, necks and legs in less than 2 hours.. I blame myself for it of course, but the speed at which it happened was just freakish and shocking. The only thing i can compare it with, was like being under a giant magnifying glass. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing also?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Has anyone noticed how fast your skin burns in the sun these days as well? I have been a keen fisherman since i was a kid. My friends and i spent most of our summers on a riverbank fishing and we always had nice healthy suntans, there was no need for sunblock or anything like that.

Anyway... last year i took my young nephew fishing for the first time, (in the same place i fished as a kid) and we both ended up with very severe sunburn and blisters on our arms, necks and legs in less than 2 hours.. I blame myself for it of course, but the speed at which it happened was just freakish and shocking. The only thing i can compare it with, was like being under a giant magnifying glass. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing also?

I'll say it again.... you are NOT a kid anymore! You're cells have aged. Your body is not the same as it was then. Just because you don't understand biology doesn't mean something freakish is occurring. And if it were, it would be because we have depleted more of the Ozone layer, not because the sun is brighter and giving off a higher level of UV radiation.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If you can dig your way through these couple of links then you will find that the sun gets brighter and less bright, (variable, and there are various types of variable stars with their own behaviours) but in the long term overall brighter through the different stages until it burns out. First link is on variable stars, and their behaviours, second link is about our sun, a quote from that link,

"As the sun ages, it's luminosity steadily increases. Given the Ideal Gas Law, as the mean molecular weight ρ increases due to hydrogen to helium conversion, the pressure drops and the density then rises. This whole process acts to maintain hydrostatic equilibrium. As the core then contracts, the energy generation increases, causing the sun to become more luminous. A little-known fact is that the sun is approximately 140% as luminous now as it was when it was born."

www.spaceacademy.net.au...

burro.astr.cwru.edu...

I can't find anything that would suggest 'outside interference' like interstellar gas or gases, or mass making a difference to a star like the sun's lifetime, but perhaps all the reckoning is made on just the star itself. Maybe someone can add to that.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Any thoughts on why that would be?

we are crossing the galactic plane.

I noticed I'm less tolerant of glare lately. question is- is it the Sun or our eyes or even the atmosphere?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Well my nephew is a kid 'as i just said in the above post'. Also i likely have a far better understanding of biology than you, and i never said the sun is pumping out more UV... The most obvious reason for what happened is Ozone depletion, but that is not what i asked.. I asked if anyone has had a similar experience .

edit on 5-4-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It is probably because the more you stare into the sun the more you are damaging your eyes
. Joking of-course, I think the difference is just a perception difference as whether you see the sky as yellow or white, the sun would not have changed colour in a matter of decades. People always say how they feel strange lately and everyone goes, "yeah me too; something’s up!" but someone is always feeling like that, the same goes for the good old days nostalgia
. I guess if there really was a change it would be more to do with our atmosphere like the amount of pollution.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The sun is a living being just like us but with a different body to it...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I remember the sun being much more yellow, mellower and more tolerable years ago also, for a few years now it does seem far more brighter and whiter, almost sort of artficial.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join